Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1: Table

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Re: Prediction League 1: Table

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:46 pm

30 players last weekend and must be one of the first times of this competition that there ain't big O's Congrats to all of you but especially to Duke, scoring his 2nd highest of the season with 4 points. No big changes as most of us scored 2 points.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:04 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:30 players last weekend and must be one of the first times of this competition that there ain't big O's Congrats to all of you but especially to Duke, scoring his 2nd highest of the season with 4 points. No big changes as most of us scored 2 points.

Why am I at the bottom of the 21 point sub-league. Surely M comes before N and S (plus I want to rub Saigon's face in his poor recent (usual?) form).

:mrgreen: :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:08 pm

It's all right for you - I've been relegated to the second column after being arbitrarily put at the bottom of the 17 point subgroup. :(

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:01 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:Why am I at the bottom of the 21 point sub-league. Surely M comes before N and S (plus I want to rub Saigon's face in his poor recent (usual?) form).

But looking on the positive, you've beaten your own personal best for desperation tactics. It usually takes you until at least mid-November to suggest that the published tables are incorrect, or that favouritism/nepotism/skullduggery has occurred.

:mrgreen:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:56 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:Why am I at the bottom of the 21 point sub-league. Surely M comes before N and S (plus I want to rub Saigon's face in his poor recent (usual?) form).

this is how i work in excel:

data: sort: column G: sort from big to small (that's normal ain't it, highest points up)
coumn F: sort from A to Z ( had to do something and F of Flemish ain't that far from A :D :wink: )
column E: sort from big to small (players who play every weekend will be up at that moment of course)

(to be clear for everybody: column with the ranking is column c on my excel-file)

at the end of the season i'll look at the highest scores if we haven't a season like last one with all those pp-games because than i should quit my job and start to be "prediction master" full time :?

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:42 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:

this is how i work in excel:

data: sort: column G: sort from big to small (that's normal ain't it, highest points up)
coumn F: sort from A to Z ( had to do something and F of Flemish ain't that far from A :D :wink: )
column E: sort from big to small (players who play every weekend will be up at that moment of course)

(to be clear for everybody: column with the ranking is column c on my excel-file)

at the end of the season i'll look at the highest scores if we haven't a season like last one with all those pp-games because than i should quit my job and start to be "prediction master" full time :?

It's OK - by Xmas Saigon will be relegated to the second column (like Exile) and will be claiming that I am somehow "fixing" the games.

All a good bit of banter.

:D

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:43 pm

King Crimson wrote:

But looking on the positive, you've beaten your own personal best for desperation tactics. It usually takes you until at least mid-November to suggest that the published tables are incorrect, or that favouritism/nepotism/skullduggery has occurred.

Have you done the ultimate "King Crimson" and been thrown out of the League?

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:07 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:
Flemish Saddler wrote:30 players last weekend and must be one of the first times of this competition that there ain't big O's Congrats to all of you but especially to Duke, scoring his 2nd highest of the season with 4 points. No big changes as most of us scored 2 points.

Why am I at the bottom of the 21 point sub-league. Surely M comes before N and S (plus I want to rub Saigon's face in his poor recent (usual?) form).

Stop the press!

Gillingham won 3-2 (reported as 2-2 on the BBC on Saturday) so I have an extra point and on 22 rather than the scutters and also-rans on 21 or below.....

In YOUR face Manchester!!! :D :wink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/results/default.stm

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:08 pm

Exile wrote:It's all right for you - I've been relegated to the second column after being arbitrarily put at the bottom of the 17 point subgroup. :(

You began predicting as an also-ran and an also-ran you will remain!

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:13 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:Stop the press!

Gillingham won 3-2 (reported as 2-2 on the BBC on Saturday) so I have an extra point and on 22 rather than the scutters and also-rans on 21 or below.....

In YOUR face Manchester!!! :D :wink:

:evil: damn you BBC!!!!!! i'll have to check this later on, no time left have to go working

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:26 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

Have you done the ultimate "King Crimson" and been thrown out of the League?

Nah. I fancied being a stayaway - so I thought I'd not bother to participate and show support, but snipe from the sidelines when things go badly for people and be noticeably absent when things go well.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:40 am

YGA!

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:51 am

Thanks to saigon (who seems to be the only one who saw it) we have an updated table as Gillingham-Wycombe ended 3-2 and not 2-2 as the BBC first reported on their website. so here you find the updated table. extra point for: jeffsmate, MMF, Harlequin, stig231, Maverick, Flemish, Exile and of course Saigon. Minus 1 for 1933 and Pedro. no changes though for the weekwinner: Duke with 4 points.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:50 pm

BOO!!!!

I demand a recount!!!

:(

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:53 pm

Yay! Back with the big boys on column 1!! :D

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:37 pm

Those missing games are costing me. Need to have a few better than average 2/3 points for a change. Don't think I've ever top scored.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:15 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:Those missing games are costing me. Need to have a few better than average 2/3 points for a change. Don't think I've ever top scored.

No point in quoting Michael Ricketts last season, MMF.

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:49 pm

Exile wrote:Yay! Back with the big boys on column 1!! :D

I am winning the 11 point league 8)

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:08 pm

30 players again this weekend and lots of points for most players, highest score for MMF and Exile with 5 points Congrats to the both of you. 2 players didn't score at all, duke and Maverick, next week better lads.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:28 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:30 players again this weekend and lots of points for most players, highest score for MMF and Exile with 5 points Congrats to the both of you. 2 players didn't score at all, duke and Maverick, next week better lads.

I'm having a mare at the moment. Another week where a very late goal has cost me points! :x

At least I'm having my dodgy patch at this stage of the season!! :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Back in the top 6 and STILL ahead of the allotment 2 (sj and the cheat Manchester)

8)

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:Those missing games are costing me. Need to have a few better than average 2/3 points for a change. Don't think I've ever top scored.

Me too, joint top scorer. :wink:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:22 pm

Exile wrote:

Me too, joint top scorer. :wink:

Don't think I've ever top scored...

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:30 pm

Let down by Charlton and MK dongs - both conceeding in the last few minutes. :(

That means Manchester will have drawn level. I hope he doesn't resort to revolting gloating about his perfidious luck - I wouldn't ever stoop to such a level, preferring to retain a sense of honour and dignity.

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:45 pm

29 players, and highest score by Asps, jeffsmate, jockey, atomic, sj, four oaks, flemish, whitti and kevin ( also i have my doubts about last one as he wrote 6 teams!!! with 3 points!!! Congrats to all of you!!! :lol: Big O's: Duke, tape66 and wyrley

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:39 am

Must remember to put picks in... :(

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:25 am

What?

I'm still ahead of Manchester?

HAAARRARRRR HAARARARRARRRR!

EAT IT, EAT IT !! 8)

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:46 am

My slump continues! :(

Damn you Gillingham! :x :wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:08 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:What?

I'm still ahead of Manchester?

HAAARRARRRR HAARARARRARRRR!

EAT IT, EAT IT !! 8)

Eat what ? :shock:

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:15 am

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics