Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1: Table

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Re: Prediction League 1: Table

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:16 am

I really should make an effort to predict every week. My average is up there with the top. I propose a new rule for next season, your points are worked out on averages (points divided by matches) but you have to predict at least 35 matches during the season.....

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:06 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:I really should make an effort to predict every week. My average is up there with the top. I propose a new rule for next season, your points are worked out on averages (points divided by matches) but you have to predict at least 35 matches during the season.....

Stuff and nonsense!

I haven't missed a single prediction in over three years - why should we pander to your glaring incompetence?

:wink:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:19 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:I really should make an effort to predict every week. My average is up there with the top. I propose a new rule for next season, your points are worked out on averages (points divided by matches) but you have to predict at least 35 matches during the season.....

Stuff and nonsense!

I haven't missed a single prediction in over three years - why should we pander to your glaring incompetence?

Because I'm not winning. :D

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:03 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:

Stuff and nonsense!

And Saigon is an expert when it comes to glaring incompetence.

:D :wink:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:54 pm

28 players, highest score : sj with 5 points, congrats!!!!! Only 1 big O for tinned, sorry Dave, can't give all you want :wink: Whitti was impressed by his 1st position and only scored 1 point so four Oaks is on top again!!!!

jeffsmate
UTS Veteran

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:14 am

Has anyone noticed how i'm creeping up the league table,? :mrgreen:

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:45 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Stuff and nonsense!

You still wouldn't be winning even if we did use your ridiculous system. I would. :mrgreen:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:08 pm

Exile wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Stuff and nonsense!

You still wouldn't be winning even if we did use your ridiculous system. I would. :mrgreen:

Indeed you would Exy, with Manchester Saddler and Jeffs Mate close behind! MMF would be languishing around only 9th / 10th-ish. I think he has had a touch of the Wengers this week! :wink:

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:08 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Stuff and nonsense!

And Saigon is an expert when it comes to glaring incompetence.

:D :wink:

I agree, Brighton away first match of the season....

Duke
Site Addict

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:37 pm

jeffsmate wrote:Has anyone noticed how i'm creeping up the league table,? :mrgreen:

Has anyone noticed how i'm dropping down the table :(

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:26 pm

Please publish an updated list as I want to enjoy being ahead of Manchester again! :mrgreen:

kevin
UTS Legend

Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:56 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
Indeed you would Exy, with Manchester Saddler and Jeffs Mate close behind! MMF would be languishing around only 9th / 10th-ish. I think he has had a touch of the Wengers this week! :wink:

Budding Platinis and Blatters , the lot of you.

Since no-one has predicted this (arbitrary) 35 matches figure,TyldesleySaddler would be top.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:08 am

Current standings

Whitti 49
Saigon 48
4Oaks 48
Jeffsmate 48
Stig 48
--------------------
Massive gulf of talent
------------------------
ARooster 47
Mancs 47
--------------------
Also rans

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:23 am

Current provisional standings:

Stig 52

Saigon 51
Mancs 51
Whitti 51

4Oaks 50

ARooster 49

Jeffsmate 48

priestley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:20 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:Current provisional standings:

Stig 52

Saigon 51
Mancs 51
Whitti 51

4Oaks 50

priestley 49
ARooster 49

Jeffsmate 48

You don't know what you're doing!
You don't know what you're doing! :wink: :D :mrgreen:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:12 pm

at last an updated table, week 22. Kevin with 4 points is our week-winner, 6 big O's, me included :cry: , and maybe more but that depends on the colchester-carlisle game.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:38 am

Flemish Saddler wrote:at last an updated table, week 22. Kevin with 4 points is our week-winner, 6 big O's, me included :cry: , and maybe more but that depends on the colchester-carlisle game.

Thanks for doing this Bart, giventhe busy time of year. I think the table for Week 23 will be interesting as there were a few near the top who got 4 points from my calculations so could see a shift in leadership!!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:33 pm

Delightful reading Bart :D

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:35 pm

working on week 23 now so will be updated tonight

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:09 pm

jolly said it would be nice to see the updated table after week 23 and indeed: changes at the top. Highest score with 4 points: Manchester, Exile, stig231,MMF, Wyrley and Flemish: congrats to all!!!! No big 0's. Again a new leader now: stig 231 but only 1 point clear to a trio: Manchester, Whitti and Saigon and also our former leader (Four Oaks) is very close!!!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:33 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:at last an updated table, week 22. Kevin with 4 points is our week-winner, 6 big O's, me included :cry: , and maybe more but that depends on the colchester-carlisle game.

Cheers again for this Bart. Not to disappoint the 2 boys concerned (!) but you do realise that Jockey and Atomic Rooster did their predictions after the 12 o'clock deadline for week 22, yet have been updated for this table? Not to be pedantic but rules are rules! :wink:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:38 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:Cheers again for this Bart. Not to disappoint the 2 boys concerned (!) but you do realise that Jockey and Atomic Rooster did their predictions after the 12 o'clock deadline for week 22, yet have been updated for this table? Not to be pedantic but rules are rules! :wink:

i know jolly but i received a pm from one of the two almost in panic that the internet was broken and they tried to be on the net all the time and :cry: :cry: :cry:
even I am a human and if people are getting emotional ..... :wink:

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:54 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:Cheers again for this Bart. Not to disappoint the 2 boys concerned (!) but you do realise that Jockey and Atomic Rooster did their predictions after the 12 o'clock deadline for week 22, yet have been updated for this table? Not to be pedantic but rules are rules! :wink:

i know jolly but i received a pm from one of the two almost in panic that the internet was broken and they tried to be on the net all the time and :cry: :cry: :cry:

So do Jockey's and Atomic Rooster's predictions count?

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:

:? Okay Bart, I guess we need to let you judge the plea on it's merits! If someone is getting seriously upset over missing a week of predicting (which others of us have done in the past :wink: ) then I guess you should do what you feel is best.

The only problem is it opens a door for people to appeal for missing the deadline all the time. People could make a case whether they were a few minutes or a few hours past the deadline. Just potentially makes more work for you that's all.

Maybe allow people one 'mulligan' a season and after that tough!! :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:31 am

More enjoyable reading Bart! :D

2nd!

Haven't been 2nd for quite a while! :D 8)

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:37 am

Jolly Johnny wrote:
Flemish Saddler wrote:

:? Okay Bart, I guess we need to let you judge the plea on it's merits! If someone is getting seriously upset over missing a week of predicting (which others of us have done in the past :wink: ) then I guess you should do what you feel is best.

The only problem is it opens a door for people to appeal for missing the deadline all the time. People could make a case whether they were a few minutes or a few hours past the deadline. Just potentially makes more work for you that's all.

While I'd normally applaud stringent application of the rules, they did only miss the deadline by a few minutes...

Not that I take predicting very seriously (it's only a bit of fun after all*) I have in the past rushed down to the local library to post predictions after my home computer's connection jammed.

On two out of three occasions I got no points anyway!

*It's not just a bit of fun and I do take it quite seriously, more of a psycotic compulsion actually
:lol:

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:26 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:
Flemish Saddler wrote:

While I'd normally applaud stringent application of the rules, they did only miss the deadline by a few minutes...

Not that I take predicting very seriously (it's only a bit of fun after all*) I have in the past rushed down to the local library to post predictions after my home computer's connection jammed.

On two out of three occasions I got no points anyway!

*It's not just a bit of fun and I do take it quite seriously, more of a psycotic compulsion actually
:lol:

Are yes Slygon, the robber of my week one predictions.

I & others missed the week one predictions as the thread was posted by Slygon without official authority, once we had already set off for Brighton away.

Therefore can we please have our "Mulligan" this Saturday, by allowing us to pick and be scored from 6 predictions instead of the usual 3?

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:52 pm

Are yes Slygon, the robber of my week one predictions.

I & others missed the week one predictions as the thread was posted by Slygon without official authority, once we had already set off for Brighton away.

Therefore can we please have our "Mulligan" this Saturday, by allowing us to pick and be scored from 6 predictions instead of the usual 3?

Fancy wasting time going to away games when you should have been predicting!

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:23 pm

i've been strict on the rules more than once, i didn't post anymore a few weeks ago only being about 15 minutes late but if two of the regular posters are a few minutes late and they send me a pm to tell there were problems with the connection, i believe them. It's indeed only a game but i remember that i was angry on myself for many hours because i was too late. Can't punish two of the regulars if it wasn't indeed their fault. Must admit that if this competition had a big price like two seasons ago, it should have been a NO.

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:15 pm

Lots of points scored and highest with 4 points: Pedro, MMF, Jockey, Four Oaks and maybe some more when *-games are played, congrats!!!!
Three leaders this week: Four Oaks, Saigon and stig231 and only 1 point away are whitti and manchester so getting more excited every week!!!! No big O's at all!!!!

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics