Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1: Table

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Jockey
UTS Legend

Re: Prediction League 1: Table

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:58 pm

This is the closest ive ever seen it. Tight stuff boys

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:00 am

Jockey wrote:This is the closest ive ever seen it. Tight stuff boys

Its nice tight. Mmmmmmm :wink:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:53 pm

24 players and not a lot of points scored. Highest by Duke, Atomic and Canadian with 3 points, congrats lads!!! 9 big 0's and as that's much I won't give you all the names, can "proudly" present that I've the honour to be in that list already 3 times in a row :oops:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:20 pm

23 players and a bit more points than last week. Highest score after 3 pointless weeks: Flemish Saddler with 4 points :D at last!!!!! Jeffsmate and Canadian are at the other end with a big O. I also added points of some ****** games. Have waited a bit otherwise Saigon should be on top of the table :twisted: :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:43 pm

Have waited a bit otherwise Saigon should be on top of the table

BOOOOOOO!

:( :wink:

MY NAME

IS Ozymandius

KING OF KINGS!

LOOK ON MY WORKS

YE MIGHTY

AND

DESPAIR!!!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:52 pm

PS

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:10 am

Ah - Saigon! As you see I still have a "*" in hand.

You've had your moment - now move aside and let the big boys take over.

Bye little man. Have fun on the way down.

:D :wink:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:20 am

Manchester and Saigon, petty squabbling and name-calling is so unbecoming. I'm disappointed in the pair of you. If you must, then settle this properly.

For Saigon, I would suggest all that is required is a return train ticket to Manchester, the postal address of your adversary, a plastic carrier bag and some canine excrement. I would suggest the latter item be sourced upon arrival in Manchester. It is a plentiful location that will not disappoint.

For Manchester, I would suggest some letterheaded paper acquired from a local health centre, a specimen kit, and a well-drafted letter advising Saigon to attend said clinic forthwith.

Leave the name-calling to the girls in the playground fellas.

I'm here to help. :-)

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:44 am

King Crimson wrote:Manchester and Saigon, petty squabbling and name-calling is so unbecoming. I'm disappointed in the pair of you. If you must, then settle this properly.

For Saigon, I would suggest all that is required is a return train ticket to Manchester, the postal address of your adversary, a plastic carrier bag and some canine excrement. I would suggest the latter item be sourced upon arrival in Manchester. It is a plentiful location that will not disappoint.

For Manchester, I would suggest some letterheaded paper acquired from a local health centre, a specimen kit, and a well-drafted letter advising Saigon to attend said clinic forthwith.

Bloody amateurs! :wink:

Manchester :| is only excited because he has temporarily caught up with the Champion elect. Well, whoo hoo!

I am also a regular attendee at the local clap clinic, and indeed have a special chair and direct line to the 'incident room', so that scam is doomed to fail!

:D

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:40 pm

King Crimson wrote:Manchester and Saigon, petty squabbling and name-calling is so unbecoming. I'm disappointed in the pair of you. If you must, then settle this properly.

Why thank you KC. :D

I'm sad to say that I already recommended Saigon for the clinic. Why do you think he already attends?

:wink:

kevin
UTS Legend

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:45 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Bloody amateurs! :wink:

Manchester :| is only excited because he has temporarily caught up with the Champion elect. Well, whoo hoo!

Amateurs indeed..................both of you.

As I'm sure you will appreciate, the true graduates of envisagement, are indicated by those in the running for the League and Cup DOUBLE.

To wit ................Whitti Steve and ( modesty should forbid but ...........) myself.

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:57 am

Only 22 players but those are all die-hards!! Highest score this week: 5 points scored by Tinned and myself :D . Congrats Dave!!! Seems the end of the season brings up the talented players :wink: . No big O's. A new leader!!!! Jolly as he also scored 4 points. Manchester - Saigon: 2-2.

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:04 pm

Setting myself up for a mid table finish :mrgreen:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:19 pm

OH MY GOD!!

Jolly Johnny at the top of the pile.

I've heard of "luck" but that is just plain ridiculous. Still, you have to let the "also rans" have a moment or two of glory.

Normal service will be resumed next week.

Try not to moan too much on your way down JJ.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:OH MY GOD!!

I've heard of "luck" but that is just plain ridiculous. Still, you have to let the "also rans" have a moment or two of glory.

I agree.

Leave the title to the prediction league aristocracy - those of tried and tested prediction quality.

The plebs should be restricted to a lower tier of competition - something like a feeder league.

:D

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:02 pm

Feeder league? That's rich, coming from a bottom feeder.

Seems like this needs to be reposted as a reminder....

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Exile wrote:Feeder league? That's rich, coming from a bottom feeder.

There has to be social differentiation, otherwise the league will be overrun with filth and decend into farce.

Take yourself for example - you are obviously of indeterminate class and unworthy of entering the inner circle. You are unclean. However, you know your place and wallow in amongst the underlings where you rightfully belong. You maintain this position by subconsciously submitting outrageous predictions and not getting above your station. If only JJ had followed this excellent example and avoided all this unpleasantness and upset he has caused.

In a nutshell, JJ has offended many people and should be ashamed of himself. He needs to grow up and conduct himself in a mature and professional manner.

Grow up JJ!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:43 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:Feeder league? That's rich, coming from a bottom feeder.

There has to be social differentiation, otherwise the league will be overrun with filth and decend into farce.

Take yourself for example - you are obviously of indeterminate class and unworthy of entering the inner circle. You are unclean. However, you know your place and wallow in amongst the underlings where you rightfully belong. You maintain this position by subconsciously submitting outrageous predictions and not getting above your station. If only JJ had followed this excellent example and avoided all this unpleasantness and upset he has caused.

In a nutshell, JJ has offended many people and should be ashamed of himself. He needs to grow up and conduct himself in a mature and professional manner.

Grow up JJ!

I'm just sitting quietly up here on the moral high ground, enjoying the show!! :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:47 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:OH MY GOD!!

Watch it Dave - there's no luck about it, it's just class, slowly and surely coming to the top!

Whilst you two ladies squabble, the rest of us sneak up week on week and before you've realised...bang!!!! :lol:

I've had 3 good weeks, so I'm sure there is still lots of ups and downs before the season is through! :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:10 pm

JJ - remember Gandhi's words: "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win".

:mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:41 pm

:x

A sad day for common sense and decency. Luckily I don't take this thing seriously, I just predict out of habit really. You should consider relaxing more and adopt a more laid back attitude. It's only a game after all. There's much more to this board than the prediction league. Why not take a couple of week's off and away from the intense stress of being on top. Not every can handle it. Manchester couldn't. :|

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:01 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:Luckily I don't take this thing seriously, I just predict out of habit really.

Predictable response #27. I'm so glad that you're so laid back you'd never, ever take the pee out of someone else's predictions on a weekly basis. It's so great that you don't take this so seriously that you never need any time out to recover your wits, that you are top week in and week out, that we can all look up to your greater goodness, peons as we are, and that you are so laid back and relaxed.

Hang on, what's that? You've dissed JJ in the weekly picks? For your sake I hope the truth will out, or you'll look more foolish than a bloke starting a 7.15pm Monday thread. :mrgreen:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:53 am

SaigonSaddler wrote::x

Luckily I don't take this thing seriously, I just predict out of habit really. You should consider relaxing more and adopt a more laid back attitude. It's only a game after all. There's much more to this board than the prediction league. Why not take a couple of week's off and away from the intense stress of being on top. Not every can handle it. Manchester couldn't. :|

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're still sore about owing me two pints! "Don't take this seriously" indeed. I've never laughed so much in my life.

P.S. Agree about Exile though. Know your place Mr Kiwi - and more importantly - stay there!

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:05 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:Know your place Mr Kiwi - and more importantly - stay there!

I love my place. You're welcome any time. See what you're missing, what we have, see what makes you part of the past, see what makes me part of the exciting future, see why you are always wrong and I am always right. Know your place.

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:15 pm

Exile wrote:For your sake I hope the truth will out, or you'll look more foolish than a bloke starting a 7.15pm Monday thread. :mrgreen:

I nearly spat my Pepsi all over the desk then :lol:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:17 pm

Exile wrote: For your sake I hope the truth will out, or you'll look more foolish than a bloke starting a 7.15pm Monday thread. :mrgreen:

:lol: sure this won't end at the end of the competition, somebody will have problems with some lost points :D

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:25 pm

24 players, and again some f******** ******-games :evil: so highest score at the moment HK Saddler and stig231 with 4 points, congrats but Manchester can be come the weekwinner if Colchester wins 2-0. All players scored!!!

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:29 pm

23 players (i forgot it again :oops: ). And again some new ************** :cry: Highest score so far: Magic Man Fan with 5 points!!!! Congrats!!!!! Again all players scored points!!!

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:23 pm

My missed week has cost me :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:37 pm

Can I join in now till the end of the season? I'll pretend I'm Southampton and I'm playing catch up!

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics