Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Questions to send to Roy and co

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
saddlerken
Site Addict

Re: Questions to send to Roy and co

Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:03 pm

Have the club been contacted and chased? BY PHONE???

what did the press say?

Has this been sent to a national?

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:04 am

Still no response from the club i presume then?

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:14 pm

swiftyboy wrote:Still no response from the club i presume then?

Yup. Will PM you it now Wayne.

Pedro
UTS Legend

Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:

Why cannot it be seen by all Daz. Or you could Pm it me as well :wink:

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Pedro wrote:

Didn't you get it already from your colleagues at the club Pedro? :lol: :wink: :wink:

Pedro
UTS Legend

Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:28 pm

Asps wrote:
Pedro wrote:

Didn't you get it already from your colleagues at the club Pedro? :lol: :wink: :wink:

Why would they want to send it me :D

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:29 pm

Pedro wrote:
Asps wrote:
Pedro wrote:

Why would they want to send it me :D

To proof read it? :wink:

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:56 pm

MMMMMMM, same old bull crud!

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Having read with some incredulity the responses that Roy Whalley forwarded, I have only one thing left to say.

If he truely has one ounce of feeling left for Walsall FC, he should resign.

Reading his repeated attempts at justifying some of the events that he has presided over - from the OAP arm waving episode of last season, to this latest tirade, actually makes me feel physically sick.

Just to point one thing out to Mister Whalley and his fawning over the "saving of the club". The village of Wimbledon lost their club in 2003, the same year Walsall dropped out of the second tier, and some 15 years after we were "saved". On current evidence their is every chance we could be meeting the reformed club on equal terms next season. Not only that but their opening home crowd this season was bigger than Walsall's, and their crowd on Saturday coming will no doubt be bigger than Walsall's. Its fans that make a football club Mister Whalley, real ones that put money into football clubs, not pretend ones that take money out and spend the rest of their lives in pompous self-justification.
Last edited by Geordiesaddler on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:09 pm

swiftyboy wrote:MMMMMMM, same old bull crud!

Well, as the saying goes:

"Fool me once, shame on you....Fool me twice, shame on me."

Without having seen the answers, I think I could fairly safely predict the content of them, and also that they would not cut the mustard.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:17 pm

Are they going to be published?

KJC
UTS Legend

Location: Not 'staying away' as any kind of protest. I've just found something better to do on a Saturday.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:42 pm

I'm dissapointed.

Posts made in FOUTS, should stay in FOUTS.
We need all the contributions we can get.

Same rule applies to the All About Sheff forum, too. :wink:

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:28 pm

KJC wrote:I'm dissapointed.

To be fair KJC, the original subject was started on the open forum, and i dont see the point in not sharing the complete garbage thats spouted from Whalleys mouth yet again for all to see

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:33 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote:Having read with some incredulity the responses that Roy Whalley forwarded, I have only one thing left to say.

If he truely has one ounce of feeling left for Walsall FC, he should resign.

Reading his repeated attempts at justifying some of the events that he has presided over - from the OAP arm waving episode of last season, to this latest tirade, actually makes me feel physically sick.

Just to point one thing out to Mister Whalley and his fawning over the "saving of the club". The village of Wimbledon lost their club in 2003, the same year Walsall dropped out of the second tier, and some 15 years after we were "saved". On current evidence their is every chance we could be meeting the reformed club on equal terms next season. Not only that but their opening home crowd this season was bigger than Walsall's, and their crowd on Saturday coming will no doubt be bigger than Walsall's. Its fans that make a football club Mister Whalley, real ones that put money into football clubs, not pretend ones that take money out and spend the rest of their lives in pompous self-justification.

The sad thing is Geordie, is that this is proof that the club have no interest in taking the questions and concerns from fans seriously, because in their eyes, they have dont nothing wrong, morally or otherwise! Which, like you, makes me feel sick to the stomach that it seems like they are, and will get away with it.

I honestly hope that the team now begins its slide towards relegation, and then the Bonser supporters will have nowhere to hide, and will have to start opening their eyes to the matter

Zippy
Glitterati

Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:21 pm

So, where is the reply that people are getting worked up about?

:?:

Chomper
UTS Veteran

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:53 pm

What's the point of asking questions if the responses aren't made available to the mere mortals of the site? Is it PM able?

larryhaggler

Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:04 pm

Agreed.
I asked a question and would like to see the answer.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:06 pm

Im sure the answers will be published in due course.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:17 pm

Chomper wrote:What's the point of asking questions if the responses aren't made available to the mere mortals of the site? Is it PM able?

It was sent to me using all my personal details, obviously I don't want them broadcast to everyone. If you want them PM me and I will send the full 5 page transcript to you = ]

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:51 pm

Chomper wrote:What's the point of asking questions if the responses aren't made available to the mere mortals of the site? Is it PM able?

It was sent to me using all my personal details, obviously I don't want them broadcast to everyone. If you want them PM me and I will send the full 5 page transcript to you = ]

Just scan it!

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:07 am

Exile wrote:

Just scan it!

Type it out you lazy student!

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:33 am

Zippy wrote:So, where is the reply that people are getting worked up about?

larryhaggler wrote:Agreed.

Thanks for the input. Those people who have contributed to the extensive and increasing running costs of the site are already privy to the club's response, which will be shared with the rest of the site in the near future (as soon as Bangor manages to learn how to use tippex and a scanner - and if he doesn't by the weekend I will post it, promise!).

I'd ask all our regular users to consider hitting the paypal button on the front page to help out with keeping UTS online. It is NOT hosted on free servers, and bandwidth does cost money, so the more successful UTS is, the more money it needs to survive, and it's well beyond the resources of just a\one Saddlers internet man now. Please donate as much as you feel able to on an annual basis to help keep this great site alive!

larryhaggler

Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:04 pm

Thanks Bangor.
You have my comments.

OldPenkSaddler
UTS Veteran

Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:25 pm

Exile wrote:
Thanks for the input. Those people who have contributed to the extensive and increasing running costs of the site are already privy to the club's response.

I'd ask all our regular users to consider hitting the paypal button on the front page to help out with keeping UTS online. It is NOT hosted on free servers, and bandwidth does cost money, so the more successful UTS is, the more money it needs to survive, and it's well beyond the resources of just a\one Saddlers internet man now. Please donate as much as you feel able to on an annual basis to help keep this great site alive!

I know at least one person - me - who has contributed a couple of times and this has still never been recognised with the curtesy of any type of response by the powers that be despite Admin and Steve Roy knowing my personal details as there has been numerous email between us. I beginning to think this FOUTS lark dont exist. :wink: :evil: :evil:

Zippy
Glitterati

Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:40 pm

Exile wrote:Thanks for the input. Those people who have contributed to the extensive and increasing running costs of the site are already privy to the club's response, which will be shared with the rest of the site in the near future (as soon as Bangor manages to learn how to use tippex and a scanner - and if he doesn't by the weekend I will post it, promise!).

Sorry Exy, how is that relevant to those asking to see the letter?

Maybe I've missed something or require a very large whoooooosh.

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:26 pm

It's a blatant plea for financial help (or am I being wooshed here?) - we've got no main site sponsor here this year, and times are hard.

OPS - scroll down the index page and you'll see what you've been looking for. :wink:

Chomper
UTS Veteran

Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:28 pm

Exile wrote:

Thanks for the input. Those people who have contributed to the extensive and increasing running costs of the site are already privy to the club's response, which will be shared with the rest of the site in the near future (as soon as Bangor manages to learn how to use tippex and a scanner - and if he doesn't by the weekend I will post it, promise!).

What Clique!!!
:wink:

There would have been less bandwidth used if the responses had been aired!

windowman
UTS Legend

Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:44 am

KJC wrote:I'm dissapointed.

little bit of brown stuff on end of your nose :?
talk about club being stuck up its own arse :oops:
start a questions thread on open board,answers on fouts :?:

Cueball
UTS Regular

Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:59 am

Chomper wrote:
Exile wrote:

What Clique!!!
:wink:

There would have been less bandwidth used if the responses had been aired!

Yeah, you've got to say it, but these are the same people who criticize the club for poor communication! Pot, kettle and all that. JB and RW must be having a little ironic laugh at this thread. :?

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:17 pm

Zippy wrote:
Exile wrote:Thanks for the input. Those people who have contributed to the extensive and increasing running costs of the site are already privy to the club's response, which will be shared with the rest of the site in the near future (as soon as Bangor manages to learn how to use tippex and a scanner - and if he doesn't by the weekend I will post it, promise!).

Sorry Exy, how is that relevant to those asking to see the letter?

Maybe I've missed something or require a very large whoooooosh.

Make a contribution and you'll see it.............cheapskate! :mrgreen:

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics