Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Questions to send to Roy and co

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Zippy
Glitterati

Re: Questions to send to Roy and co

Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:23 pm

I have just read the reply from the club, forwarded in a PM.

In my humble opinion, it answers the questions that were asked.

The reply is open and honest.

Hopefully, certain individuals will put issues to rest now.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Zippy wrote:I have just read the reply from the club, forwarded in a PM.

Wonder how long you will have to wait for a bite with that big juicy worm :wink:

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:16 pm

chestersaddler wrote:

Wonder how long you will have to wait for a bite with that big juicy worm :wink:

Dow worry i'm sure the "certain individuals", as Drippy has decided to label them, will be along shortly to lambast his deluded opinion. :mrgreen:

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:20 pm

Yes Zippy, you wouldnt have to wait long afer that post!!

Just proves how gullible some of you are really thats all!

Zippy
Glitterati

Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:27 pm

swiftyboy wrote:Yes Zippy, you wouldnt have to wait long afer that post!!

indeed, or how gullible some individuals are that they have to harp on about the same old cheddar.

realist saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:09 pm

Zippy wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:Yes Zippy, you wouldnt have to wait long afer that post!!

indeed, or how gullible some individuals are that they have to harp on about the same old cheddar.

Maybe it is harping on by some about the same old cheddar. But there aint too much harping on from the 2,000 that won't be at the match tomorrow. Prob around 3,500 crowd expected.

As people say, 'the silence is deafening', and its pretty silent being at bescot now except for the odd visit by the odd bigger club who have found themselves in this league.

I don't find any pleasure whatsoever in looking at low gates for walsall in the sunday newspaper or on teletext, but i can fully understand why people are cheesed off, about the same old cheddar being served up.

Nortoncanesred
UTS Veteran

Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:41 pm

I made a contribution via Paypal

Could someone send me the answers please?

Thanks.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:31 pm

Nortoncanesred wrote:I made a contribution via Paypal

Thanks.

Me too and I would also like to see the answers :)

Nortoncanesred
UTS Veteran

Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:39 am

Could admin send the answers or post them please?

Nortoncanesred
UTS Veteran

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:06 am

Ok thanks.

I've read them, once you have extracted the huge amount of spin and points made that were not asked, then remove the threats and the attempt to get some sort of statement they could take legal action about, there isn't a lot left really.

The questions are barely answered at all, what is obvious is that the club is totally on the back foot regarding the questions and has simply no interest in engaging the missing supporters.

Based on those responses I think Mr Whalley should resign.
Last edited by Nortoncanesred on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

birdie-sadla
UTS Regular

Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:05 pm

banger can you ask roy and co how much longer they gena sit back and watch this club go down the pan something needs sorted now not waiting months when it will be to late.

windowman
UTS Legend

Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:45 pm

answers on fouts please

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:16 pm

Nortoncanesred wrote:I made a contribution via Paypal

Thanks.

Me too - latest contribution made on the 24th April 2009.

If someone could "grant" me access to FOUTS or PM them to me I'd be much obliged.

Thanks.

MrsWS3

Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:59 am

Exile wrote:
Zippy wrote:So, where is the reply that people are getting worked up about?

:?:

Chomper wrote:What's the point of asking questions if the responses aren't made available to the mere mortals of the site? Is it PM able?

larryhaggler wrote:Agreed.
I asked a question and would like to see the answer.

Thanks for the input. Those people who have contributed to the extensive and increasing running costs of the site are already privy to the club's response, which will be shared with the rest of the site in the near future (as soon as Bangor manages to learn how to use tippex and a scanner - and if he doesn't by the weekend I will post it, promise!).

I'd ask all our regular users to consider hitting the paypal button on the front page to help out with keeping UTS online. It is NOT hosted on free servers, and bandwidth does cost money, so the more successful UTS is, the more money it needs to survive, and it's well beyond the resources of just a\one Saddlers internet man now. Please donate as much as you feel able to on an annual basis to help keep this great site alive!

Bump

I just want to know if we are going to see Roy's reply anytime soon? some of us are interested to know what his actual replies where to questions asked on a public forum. I am aware that I could see these by "paying" for them if i contributed to the site. However I don't think that they should be up for "sale".

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:20 am

Thanks for the 'bump' Mrs WS3. I'm sure you'll appreciate that this is not a professional site, and those of us that give freely of our time to keep it up and running also have other things to do, and as such haven't been able to push the club reply to the public board yet.

Anyone can, of course, cut and paste those questions asked of the club into their own email and receive a response within the club's time frame at any stage.

MrsWS3

Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:24 am

Exile wrote:Thanks for the 'bump' Mrs WS3. I'm sure you'll appreciate that this is not a professional site, and those of us that give freely of our time to keep it up and running also have other things to do, and as such haven't been able to push the club reply to the public board yet.

Anyone can, of course, cut and paste those questions asked of the club into their own email and receive a response within the club's time frame at any stage.

thanks, I will contact Roy myself.

yoda
Site Addict

Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:23 pm

Can I see the answers?

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:52 pm

Yes, contribute a fiver or more to the expensive upkeep of the board and you will have access to the FOUTS forum which has them posted there.

windowman
UTS Legend

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:23 pm

i gave £5 weeks ago and had email to request exile to sort out for me to use fouts, but i dont want to use fouts, this thread is on a open board, if now you want to indulge yourselfs in some sort of secret select bunch of need to knows then carry on. what i dont understand is why start the thread on all about walsall, when all about our ego would be more fitting

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:26 pm

I appreciate that it costs to keep the place gooin but holding these answerrs to some sort of ransom is a bit rich.

Cully
Site Addict

Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:19 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:I appreciate that it costs to keep the place gooin but holding these answerrs to some sort of ransom is a bit rich.

I dow thenk so. Let's keep things in perspective.

How much is a pint of beer nowadays? Or the cost of a hotdog and coke? Or a Fray Bentos pie?

For £10 you can get access to not only Sheffield Saddlers 'What not to say' forum but also Saigon Saddlers 'My favourite 100 Oriental /Animal combinations with enhanced sound and HD capability.

Go on, send Admin a tenner and see how Pedagogue managed to dress for less than a fiver at Primark [WARNING CONTAINS IMAGES THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR MINORS]

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:37 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:I appreciate that it costs to keep the place gooin but holding these answerrs to some sort of ransom is a bit rich.

It's not that at all Gaz. We are just seeing if there are any legal implications for publishing the answers. When we find out, they will be posted on the main page of UTS.

Off on my hols now for 2 weeks, seeya later! Have fun at the games :wink: :mrgreen:

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:43 pm

Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:

It's not that at all Gaz. We are just seeing if there are any legal implications for publishing the answers. When we find out, they will be posted on the main page of UTS.

Off on my hols now for 2 weeks, seeya later! Have fun at the games :wink: :mrgreen:

Have a good holiday, but leave a few 50p's for the Parkin meter.

I'll be keeping count :D

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:51 pm

Cully wrote: ... see how Pedagogue managed to dress for less than a fiver at Primark [WARNING CONTAINS IMAGES THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR MINORS]

How did you find out about that? I made sure that that thread was deleted immediately! :twisted:

(P.S. It was Matalan, actually)

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:05 pm

Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:

There is no implications mate! I published my reply didnt i?

yoda
Site Addict

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:11 pm

Yer, I dont like where this is going. So we're all supposed to contribute ideas, thoughts and arguments to the message board... but only certain people with the wonga can have access to all the information. Perhaps the rest of us should leave this Bonser debating to the big cheeses and go debate other things about the club we love like if we should have Aero hot chocolate over the current one?

All posters are equal, but some are more equal than others.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:23 pm

yoda wrote:Yer, I dont like where this is going. So we're all supposed to contribute ideas, thoughts and arguments to the message board... but only certain people with the wonga can have access to all the information. Perhaps the rest of us should leave this Bonser debating to the big cheeses and go debate other things about the club we love like if we should have Aero hot chocolate over the current one?

All posters are equal, but some are more equal than others.

I do see the point you make about leverage on something we all contributed to, but the mods aren't asking for £100 per month to view the answers, they simply want a small annual contribution (anything above £5) to help keep this site going.

I know times are tough, but I think we can all afford a fiver, just dont have those two more pints in the pub next time.

yoda
Site Addict

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:34 pm

I dont know. If they want us to pay for content there could be extras or something. To withhold something that not only did others contribute to, but is important to how we percieve our club isnt nice. To me witholding something when others on here have published similar items as well as information they have spend longer working on is very wrong.

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:04 pm

If you're prepared to wait for it to be published on the main board then you won't be shelling out for anything! All that access to FOUTS gives you is an opportunity to see it sooner.

Stop moaning and get behind UTS! :mrgreen:

saddler up north
UTS Regular

Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:18 pm

listen i dont mind donating sum money to the site, but the way it is being put across, like pay to see the answers is wrong!. I feel that this could be a money spin just for people to donate!

i have to agree that some fans on this site like to feel like they know more, and are bigger and better supporters than some! and if i felt equal i might donate towards the site, but to be honest i feel that some admin posters are just as bad as the club itself for the way some of us fans get treated on here like posts getting edited to the way they want it to sound!

i wanna get this straight i am unhappy with the running of the club, and if we could get another owner i would jump at the chance and i want that to happen but nothing will happen till JB and Whalley and Co decide to go! until then we are gonna be same old little walsall which is the team i fell in love with, i have tryed not being interested but come saturday im glued to the TV or radio listening to the scores and even if we lose my heart hurts cos i want the Saddlers to do well!

i might just write my own letter then charge people a fiver to see the response i got, it aint right and to be honest no better than the club to be honest. i will one day soon donate to the site, but i will on my terms and the reason i will donate is:

(1) living in york its hard to keep uptodate with the local gossip and alot of posters on UTS are like myself supporters who wanna get to hear the gossip.

(2) its a good place to chat with other Walsall supporters about tactics or match reports as i dont get to many games,

(3) because we all have something in common whether we like the owner or not we are Walsall FC Supporters and we all will be till we die even the stay aways, when you talk about football Walsall is in you and if you turn your back on walsall you turn your back on football!

anyway this is my view which im allowed, some may agree some may not but hey thats what UTS is ment to be all about, JB i want you out but i will always have Walsall FC in my heart for ever.

by the way sorry if my punctuation or spelling isnt right maybe we are all different in that aspect but not as fans rant over!

Walsall till i die!

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics