Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

No-one signs!!!!!!!

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
coventriansaddler
Glitterati

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:41 pm

Its always going to be Peter Till from Birmingham City.

Here_andthere_Saddler

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:45 pm

Whay arent we allowed to say that wev signed [post moderated] then

saddlersdaz
UTS Regular

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:46 pm

stafflers wrote:
Stick wrote:I thought I'd guessed it until Stafflers post confused me.

Why? Can't you see the similarity with Alfie Moon?

He looks more Lionel Ritchie than Shane Ritchie :wink:

moaning saddler
Glitterati

Location: Taking Back Control - Bescot Market or a Single Market? Decisions, decisions...

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:48 pm

[post self-moderated] :oops:

Here_andthere_Saddler

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:53 pm

moaning saddler wrote:[post self-moderated] :oops:

I saw the name you wrote before you moderated it!

your naughty

stefano123
UTS Regular

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:53 pm

moaning saddler wrote:[post self-moderated] :oops:

lol

Gaz the Train
UTS Veteran

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:54 pm

keep telling you heres player x and post moderated - yes this is a blatant attempt to get this piece of fine artwork on as many posts as possible, and until everyone says how supersweet and awesome it is then itll appear on more

saddlerken
Site Addict

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:58 pm

Not sure why some people are SO excited about this one yet SO dissapointed about some of the other signings

Still, a good signing me thinks

WSOne
UTS Regular

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:59 pm

saddlerken wrote:Not sure why some people are SO excited about this one yet SO dissapointed about some of the other signings

I'm not getting excited until it's confirmed! Looks like we'll have to wait until tomorrow now.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:35 pm

If this proves to be true, I'll sniff Bonser's kegs.

Bernie
UTS Legend

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:36 pm

saddlerken wrote:Not sure why some people are SO excited about this one yet SO dissapointed about some of the other signings

Walsall fans are easily excited about new players and many of us have been waiting for some good news. We are going to sign a player who is aged 21 and scores goals from midfield. There is every chance that he is going to be an improvement on Dean Keates. That is clearly good news and I am looking forward to seeing him play for the Saddlers.

Because I am accused of being negative I am going to refrain from commenting further.

saddlersdaz
UTS Regular

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:42 pm

Bernie wrote:

Walsall fans are easily excited about new players and many of us have been waiting for some good news. We are going to sign a player who is aged 21 and scores goals from midfield. There is every chance that he is going to be an improvement on Dean Keates. That is clearly good news and I am looking forward to seeing him play for the Saddlers.

Because I am accused of being negative I am going to refrain from commenting further.

That's a little on the negative side isn't it Bernie?

saddlerken
Site Addict

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:46 pm

Bernie wrote:

I assume we have concentrated all efforts on getting this lad and if so we can't expect to approach more of the same given our resources, so this being the case, are you happy with all signings collectively?

Bernie
UTS Legend

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:48 pm

saddlersdaz wrote:
Bernie wrote:Because I am accused of being negative I am going to refrain from commenting further.

That's a little on the negative side isn't it Bernie?

No that is strictly neutral. Anything negative you read into it comes from your own imagination, not from the words written. :)

Bernie
UTS Legend

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:51 pm

saddlerken wrote:
Bernie wrote:Because I am accused of being negative I am going to refrain from commenting further.

I assume we have concentrated all efforts on getting this lad and if so we can't expect to approach more of the same given our resources, so this being the case, are you happy with all signings collectively?

I refer you to my earlier answer. :)

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:53 pm

I can't believe you've started this thread phil. I was pretty sure when I spoke to you but I did say nothing was official. I only say "................ has signed when I know they have for certain" and this is not the case.

It was from a very believable source but not one I normally get info from.

If we sign him it will be an excellent signing in my opinion. The sort of player we could benefit from in midfield, exactly what we need, energetic, attacking and scorers goals and we can then make a good profit should we sell him on as he develops.

Those who don't understand why others would be so excited didn't watch him very closely against us at Lincoln and other games that have been televised. He stood out like a sore thumb to me.

PS - This thread proves that some people really can't put all the clues together to guess who it is and they're always the ones that moan that they don't get told.

Fred Mumford

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:55 pm

Scott Houghton?

WTF

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:56 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:The sort of player we could benefit from in midfield, exactly what we need, energetic, attacking and scorers goals and we can then make a good profit should we sell him on as he develops.

Those who don't understand why others would be so excited didn't watch him very closely against us at Lincoln and other games that have been televised.

Yes, but surely he is Player X? [Post Moderated] is someone entirely different!

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:00 pm

Phil, why have you let the cat out of the bag when nothing has happened officially yet?

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:03 pm

Leamore Saddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:The sort of player we could benefit from in midfield, exactly what we need, energetic, attacking and scorers goals and we can then make a good profit should we sell him on as he develops.

Those who don't understand why others would be so excited didn't watch him very closely against us at Lincoln and other games that have been televised.

Yes, but surely he is Player X? [Post Moderated] is someone entirely different!

My thoughts exactly!

As I've posted before, Player X (as he was originally titled when we feared Journalist J would catch wind of it) was not his club's best midfielder last season IMO. I haven't seen enough of him to know for certain, and he was certainly good in the home game against us, but this is a player who has had just one good season. In League Two. Let's not heap too much expectation on to him too soon, if he does indeed sign.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:05 pm

Bernie wrote:I refer you to my earlier answer. :)

You prefer younger players :)

myleftknee
UTS Veteran

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:08 pm

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:09 pm

He's been target number 1 all season as far as I'm aware. So much so that it affected what we could offer for Byfield. However as mentioned above there's lots of competition and Peterborough were most likely to get him from what I last heard so if it does still come off I'd be very happy and surprised but I've no reason to doubt the info that came through I just haven't had chance to check it out properly.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:57 pm

I am praying to god this one comes through!!

They say one man doesnt make a team but Freckles will! I have saw him play on four occasions and his vision and creativity is underestimated. He shouldnt be at a club like Lincoln, Nor Walsall, but I aint complaining if he comes.

Him a Dobbo in central midfield next season. Thats wetted my appetite.

Fingers are crossed so hard I can feel my fingers breaking.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:26 pm

What a totally silly thread!

Burnside
UTS Regular

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:36 pm

[post moderated]. Can't say i know to much about him.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:41 pm

Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:Phil, why have you let the cat out of the bag when nothing has happened officially yet?

I aint let anything out of the bag!!

I just said Post Moderated will sign!

Who post moderated is, is up to the reader!

Burnside
UTS Regular

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:55 pm

klingLeetonFrec
Last edited by Burnside on Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ws3
Glitterati

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:56 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:Phil, why have you let the cat out of the bag when nothing has happened officially yet?

I aint let anything out of the bag!!

I just said Post Moderated will sign!

Who post moderated is, is up to the reader!

Is it [post moderated] Tone?

mr blacktooth

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:22 pm

Oh dear! Ill just carry on watching the Bill then wire in the blood whilst this unwinds.

Naughty people.

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics