Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

No-one signs!!!!!!!

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
RobboH89
Glitterati

Location: Waiting for confirmation of League 1 Survival! Bring It On!

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:21 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
Stu wrote:The fee was never £75k by my knowledge, put a 1 front of the 75 and thats what I was hearing...

And when you consider how frugal we've been this summer, 4 'veteran' players all signed on 1 year deals, then it tells you that DD has probably been holding something back for something or someone...

Have to admit Phil, I think your the only pesron in the world who can read that and seem to think it can be passed off as a joke.

If you'd done it at any other time, possibly, but you only did it because you'd been sent a text message saying it had happened.

Wrong, I spoke to mark before hand who explained the situation. Mark didn't have his usual aire of certainty about his claims, because it was obviously 2nd/3rd hand coming to him.

Stu look on the other forum, I was passing on information, not claiming it to be true. My view was highly sceptical, as the other thread confirms, and as Daz confirms who I spoke to on MSN.

It sounded as though it was very true when you posted on [b]this[/b forum :roll:

stafflers
UTS Regular

I am a bit worried, because this is the second time in a week that I've posted words to this effect, but...

...I agree entirely with Phil. :wink:

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

At least this will keep people going until the kick off in August! :roll:

BJ

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:23 pm

I've lost track of what is a joke and what isn't. Some of it may be fun, I really can no longer decide.

But, overall, I do know that I am utterly, utterly pig sick of this idea that gossip on a fan website (albeit a good one) is going to make or break a deal. You can pick up enough clues to make an educated guess, so what is the point?

And what kind of freedom of speech is this idea that your posts get moderated because someone thinks they might be giving the game away. The whole point of the Internet is to allow freedom of speech, gossip and rumour.

It's a real shame because this is a superb website with great people making interesting and well-informed posts - but for some reason this close season some people seem to have got above themselves and are taking it too seriously.

WHAT IS THE POINT IF YOU ARE GOING TO BLANK OUT THE GOOD BITS?! Where did this sh!t idea come from?

It really is a f@cking waste of time. Someone make it stop...PLEASE?

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:26 pm

BJ wrote:I've lost track of what is a joke and what isn't. Some of it may be fun, I really can no longer decide.

But, overall, I do know that I am utterly, utterly pig sick of this idea that gossip on a fan website (albeit a good one) is going to make or break a deal. You can pick up enough clues to make an educated guess, so what is the point?

And what kind of freedom of speech is this idea that your posts get moderated because someone thinks they might be giving the game away. The whole point of the Internet is to allow freedom of speech, gossip and rumour.

It's a real shame because this is a superb website with great people making interesting and well-informed posts - but for some reason this close season some people seem to have got above themselves and are taking it too seriously.

WHAT IS THE POINT IF YOU ARE GOING TO BLANK OUT THE GOOD BITS?! Where did this sh!t idea come from?

I agree with you.

I believe this site cannot possibly have any adverse affect on the clubs dealings with players, current or future, and any suggestion to the contrary is silly.

The whole [post moderated] was a running joke for the past couple of weeks mate, where people 'not in the know' were getting frustrated by not knowing who the players in question were, and so started several piss-take threads, where several psuedonyms were introduced.

RobboH89
Glitterati

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:27 pm

YGA Saddler wrote:Just keep digging....

It's getting deeper

WFCNIL

Re: No-one signs!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:28 pm

philthesaddler wrote:Get In! what a signing!!

Just passing on information :wink: :wink:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

WFCNIL wrote:

:D

RobboH89
Glitterati

WFCNIL wrote:

It's a joke :roll:

leics_saddler
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:32 pm

I can understand how it gets annoying to some, but really I for one am not taking this too seriously I can assure you.

People are voluntarily inserting [post moderated] themselves and as far as I know no-one is censoring the entries on this board.

The cloak and dagger stuff goes all the way back to Lee Mills (who was Player F himself many years ago) and is acknowledged officially by the club as the point where the transfer policy changed. We all know what happened there. Hence the reason why Jorge scored a hat trick in a Scottish pre-season tour and was bundled in the car with a coat on his head to talk to no-one! (probably)

The Player X routine is not my idea, but I thought was so brilliant that I'm afraid that I (and others) have run with it to an infantile extreme. However, until he finally signs for a club, I'm keeping my gob shut about his identity.

saddlersdaz
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:33 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
BJ wrote:I've lost track of what is a joke and what isn't. Some of it may be fun, I really can no longer decide.

I agree with you.

I believe this site cannot possibly have any adverse affect on the clubs dealings with players, current or future, and any suggestion to the contrary is silly.

The whole [post moderated] was a running joke for the past couple of weeks mate, where people 'not in the know' were getting frustrated by not knowing who the players in question were, and so started several pee-take threads, where several psuedonyms were introduced.

Apparently, according to you, there was nothing to know.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:39 pm

So has he signed then???

Rushall Saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:40 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote:So has he signed then???

Yes

:wink:

saddlersdaz
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:40 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote:So has he signed then???

Who? [Post Moderated]? don't think so. Not yet.

Duke
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:43 pm

Posted Wed July 18 2007 2.39pm

Phil wrote -Just had a call from Mark who is out on Business all day, he's just received a couple of texts saying a deal for Frecklington has been done, and will be announced soon, he also said that our transfer record has been broken...

I'd be delighted if it happens, but im remaining sceptical till I see him holding up that red, err, I mean white shirt!.

Posted Wed July 18 2007 2.57 pm

Phil wrote- Perhaps we should start a thread in the public area saying "[post moderated] joins for £175k+"

Posted Wed July 18 2007 3.00pm

Phil wrote -Get In! what a signing!!

pretty clear to me

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:45 pm

Get in!!!!

What a signing!

RobboH89
Glitterati

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:46 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote:Get in!!!!

What a signing!

Calm down, rumour has it that it's a joke :wink:

stafflers
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:46 pm

DAVEDEAN wrote:Posted Wed July .57 pm

Phil wrote- Perhaps we should start a thread in the public area saying "[post moderated] joins for £175k+"

To be fair, what he actually said was:

philthesaddler wrote:Perhaps we should start a thread in the public area saying "[post moderated] joins for £175k+"

:lol:

I think the :lol: is a very important part of his post!

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:48 pm

Rob_Walsall wrote:

What a signing!

So is the joke a roumour or is the rumour a joke??

saddlerken
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:52 pm

worst thread ever?

Ian Gittins

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:53 pm

And isn't the point that even if it was a "joke", it was utterly unfunny?

RobboH89
Glitterati

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:54 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote:
Rob_Walsall wrote:

What a signing!

So is the joke a roumour or is the rumour a joke??

Whichever one you wish to choose....apparently :lol:

Duke
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:54 pm

stafflers wrote:
DAVEDEAN wrote:Posted Wed July .57 pm

To be fair, what he actually said was:

philthesaddler wrote:Perhaps we should start a thread in the public area saying "[post moderated] joins for £175k+"

:lol:

I think the :lol: is a very important part of his post!

Thanks for correcting that , sorry i missed that Phil .

Stu
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:59 pm

Hang on, was the joke suggested on the other board? Does that mean you now have to post to both boards to get the 'in-jokes'?

I must be a 2nd rate poster coz I don't use that one.

Or have I been whoooooooshed, I give up, far too confusing. Or maybe Phil was just playing Footy Manager at the time he posted.
Last edited by Stu on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RobboH89
Glitterati

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:01 pm

Stu wrote:Hang on, was the joke suggested on the other board? Does that mean you now have to post to both boards to get the 'in-jokes'?

I must be a 2nd rate poster coz I don't use that one.

Me too

myleftknee
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:02 pm

Are you lot really argueing whether someone told a joke or not?

S.MURPHY

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:05 pm

why not delete the thread and start all over again

Stick

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:06 pm

There is another board :shock:

I do think that even if this was a joke (which I doubt) it's a bit sad that you've let it run so far.

Nice one.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:06 pm

Ten whole pages of saying nothing. I wonder why this site keeps crashing? :?

Any chance people might start to act responsibly?

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:14 pm

What a signing!

Oh I get it now! :D :D :D :D :D :D
"What a signing!" - lol. :lol: Funnier even than one of poshtohauntyou's efforts. Come on folks, this is comedy gold. "What a signing!". Ah, I'll dine out on that one.

* Registered Saddler walks off chuckling *

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics