Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

No-one signs!!!!!!!

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:18 pm

What you mean by not posting on boring, meaningless threads?? :P

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:20 pm

philthesaddler wrote:Use your noggin neil and have another look in the friends of uts forum and see the timing of the first post on there, the words "I'd be delighted if it happens, but im remaining sceptical" and the ensuing discussion about starting this thread as a joke.

Let me get this straight, you've got a message board set up to talk about what's going on on this message board?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

And to think that I was worried that I had no life...

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:23 pm

I usually have Daz as the example of a person who thinks hes is smart but isnt.

safe to say I have two examples now

saddlersdaz
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:23 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:Ten whole pages of saying nothing. I wonder why this site keeps crashing? :?

Any chance people might start to act responsibly?

I'm just glad that someone can make a joke of WFC after some of the 5h1t we've been put through during the past 3 or 4 years.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:24 pm

Plastic Hawk wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:Use your noggin neil and have another look in the friends of uts forum and see the timing of the first post on there, the words "I'd be delighted if it happens, but im remaining sceptical" and the ensuing discussion about starting this thread as a joke.

Let me get this straight, you've got a message board set up to talk about what's going on on this message board?

That's just your opinion though. Don't get me wrong we're all entitled to our opinions, which is afterall what makes this site so great.

Long live UTS, down with the UTS mafia and.........

Stop monaing and get behind the lads etc etc.

myleftknee
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:25 pm

Plastic Hawk wrote:

Man, does no-one masterbate anymore! Oh wait, think I answered my own question.

saddlersdaz
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:25 pm

Can't be bothered anymore, it's the whole thread that's a joke, not what was written in the first post.

WFCNIL

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:26 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:Ten whole pages of saying nothing. I wonder why this site keeps crashing? :?

OMG Listen to her :P :lol:

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:27 pm

WFCNIL wrote:

Geoff, I've got 7000+ posts saying nothing, I wouldn't let it bother you

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:29 pm

saddlersdaz wrote:Can't be bothered anymore, it's the whole thread that's a joke, not what was written in the first post.

I think it was the only thing that he actually meant properly

Cueball
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:07 pm

The funny thing is, had Dribbly posted this thread or Stonnall, I could imagine the
sort of responses they'd be getting now. But because it's one of the more respected
posters, the joke is on us!! I accept UTS is only a message board and that no one should
take it too seriously, but isn't it a bit sad to deliberately wind-up fellow Walsall fans?

Purple Toucan Saddler

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:39 pm

Just ban him I say

And then burn him
:twisted:

saddlersdaz
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:47 pm

Purple Toucan Saddler wrote:Just ban him I say

And then burn him
:twisted:

But some things just don't burn.

tinned
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:00 pm

Plastic Hawk wrote:

There is a messageboard for those that financially contribute to the running of this site. You pay your money you get access to it. It's part of this site, not another site.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:17 pm

tinned wrote:
Plastic Hawk wrote:

There is a messageboard for those that financially contribute to the running of this site. You pay your money you get access to it. It's part of this site, not another site.

Contribute a tenner via paypal and your in. Pm admin. There is also a moderaters board that we can't see where they really slag us all off.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:56 pm

This thread is hilarious!

a) because phil has made himself look a prat and has constantly tried (without success) to pass this as a joke

When I was on the phone to phil he completely believed what I was saying because at the time I had no reason to doubt the person who told me even though I said on the phone I hadn't had official confirmation from anyone I normally do. I was in Manchester and not near a PC at the time and the people I would normally speak to were not near a computer either to check if anything was on the OS or even from someone on here.

I did say don't put anything on the main board unless there's a thread stated already about the same subject. I've said this to phil about other signings in the past and even pulled him up on it last week yet he's done the same again. I'm sure this will upset you phil and I'll be receiving a PM saying why are you putting this on the main board and not by PM so I await that text.

b) phil was trying to claim the coup for himself without confirmation. I don't start any threads saying "..................... has signed" unless I'm 100% sure they have. There was no mention of MMF has just called me to say we've signed Lee Frecklington/player X/post moderated. Just "We've signed ........" Get in! in a tone of complete confidence.

c) Those who are wetting themselves about threads like this shouldn't read the board. This thread and the Leon Constantine thread has made for excellent viewing and laughs because of the same people that criticise threads for asking who Player X Player F, Player B- is. Get a life! It's a joke and you are being completely whoooshed!

d) Phil is trying to make this thread out as a poor joke/wind up which of course it would never be and I did say early on in the thread "I can't believe you've started this thread phil" for a reason. He now says he believes it to be a wind up because we'd never offer a fee for such a player.

I believed the text I received because I know, and did do a long time ago as I've said that we were actively chasing both Byfield and Frecklington and offered fees for both of them. Byfield wasn't worth a big fee because his wages would be too high as well and the reason we didn't offer a high fee is because the higher fee was for Frecklinton who we are much likely to get a good profit on in a few years. This wouldn't happen with Byfield. Why would DD say in the press "Byfield is too expensive for us?" how would he know if we haven't enquired with Millwall about a fee and the player about wages. We did a long time ago when I first posted about it.

There are a lot of clubs in for Frecklington including Peterborough, Leeds and Wigan amongst others. It is unlikely we can compete with them but not totally out of the ordinary. As far as I know Frecklington has agreed personal terms with us and would join us but if we can't match the fee that other clubs can offer (which is totally understandable, apart from Leeds, who shouldn't be allowed to sign anyone :evil: ) then we, as Walsall fans have to live with that unfortunately. Those who can't shouldn't bother supporting a team like Walsall.

It makes me laugh when people say we don't pay money out. If only these knew how much we have paid in the past and not always the obvious names. We were spending a fortune on wages in the season when Merson was player, not just to him. Some people know this info, some don't but the people who don't are always the first to complain when they don't know what's going on and who we're signing so it's clear they know very little.
Last edited by Magic Man Fan on Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:56 pm

Cheesebag wrote:
tinned wrote:
Plastic Hawk wrote:

Contribute a tenner via paypal and your in. Pm admin. There is also a moderaters board that we can't see where they really slag us all off.

You weren't supposed to tell everyone that! :lol: :P

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:04 pm

Pretty well summed up MMF.

I seem to remember Phil leaking about Asaba last season, and that fell through as well, i fail to understand why if someone gives you a bit of info, as a friend, you feel the need to post it on the internet, knowing full well that its against the wishes of the person who told you,

As it happens, it has just made a very funny thread, and no real harm done is there ? just want Phil to admit it :D

I was arguing yesterday about the "Walsall don't spend any money" debate.

Money has been spent, prices were dropped in an attempt to attract new supporters, and they never turned up.

We got relegated, and have been paying for over spending ever since in my opinion, Blame Merson sure, but it isn't all his fault

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:11 pm

Cheesebag wrote:
WFCNIL wrote:

But Cheesey, I DO let it bother me because I know the problems that the site has encountered recently, and wonder why people never seem to learn.

They moan when the site goes down, but they waste memory on junk like this, it's stupid and irresponsible.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:12 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:
WFCNIL wrote:

But Cheesey, I DO let it bother me because I know the problems that the site has encountered recently, and wonder why people never seem to learn.

They moan when the site goes down, but they waste memory on junk like this, it's stupid and irresponsible.

I'm allowed to waste a bit of memory...I've contributed :P

Pedro
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:15 pm

When's Pedro coming back ?

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:16 pm

Pedro wrote:When's Pedro coming back ?

If only....

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:19 pm

Cheesebag wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:
WFCNIL wrote:

But who moans when the site crashes? The memory isn't infinite, why waste it like this on inane rubbish ?

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:20 pm

pay as you go UTS, it's the future..

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:22 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:
WFCNIL wrote:

But who moans when the site crashes? The memory isn't infinite, why waste it like this on inane rubbish ?

I don't moan, I just shake and cry

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:23 pm

Cheesebag wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:
WFCNIL wrote:

I don't moan, I just shake and cry

Thats right, leave the moaning to the woman, oh and the cooking and cleaning :D

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:41 pm

Mark, that thread is full of lies and bullshit.

1. I said to you on the phone these exact words: "I'm very skeptical, but it would be a brilliant signing"

2. You never said don't put anything on the board

...and besides, I didnt put anything on the main board ... I typed the following text, no more:

"[post moderated] signs"

"Get In! what a signing!!"

Where did I mention a name? Where did I mention whos rumour it was? Where did I claim it was mine? Where did I claim it was official?

3. I wasn't trying to pass anything off as my coup - why would I, THERES NO F*CKING COUP TO BE HAD! - and I first posted on the other forum explaining you had phoned me

4. Following on from that, and also on that thread I joked with Per and Steve that it would be funny, in light of recent threads to start a thread passing on this rumour to the main board, but by using the [post moderated] name instead of the actual name. So, there was a 'joking' side to it, which you can easily see from the first few posts on this thread. FACT.

5. The reason the start of this thread didn't go in to the details, such as where the information came from [IE MMF] was simply because it was purely a rumour, I knew that, others knew that, and that was even discussed before this thread was even started:

"Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:39 pm Post subject: Frecklington to sign for £175k+

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just had a call from Mark who is out on Business all day, he's just received a couple of texts saying a deal for Frecklington has been done, and will be announced soon, he also said that our transfer record has been broken...

I'd be delighted if it happens, but im remaining sceptical till I see him holding up that red, err, I mean white shirt! "

Obviously, I really believed you mark!! ^^

So, to summise.

You're 3 points regarding me.

a) wrong because it was a joke, others can vouch for that, and you can see for yourself from posts on the other forum

b) wrong I wasn't claiming it as my coup, as can be seen from my quote from the other forum

d) wrong see a)

Honestly Mark, I thought you'd have the sense to drop it and see it for what it is, not emflame it further in a childish manner.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:42 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:a) because phil has made himself look a prat and has constantly tried (without success) to pass this as a joke

Pedro
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:43 pm

FIGHT FIGHT :D

wfc_pleck

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:47 pm

Pedro wrote:FIGHT FIGHT :D

2.50£ on mmf knock out in the 2nd :lol:

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics