Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

No-one signs!!!!!!!

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:57 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:Yes it will, but any one who thinks we're going to sign an up and coming midfielder who was excellent last season and will cost a hefty fee is living in cloud cuckoo land!

But you obviously did!

Yes of course I did... :roll:

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:24 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stafflers have you heard anything?

I'm very sceptical, because these rumours can spread and develop from nothing

In contrast to 25 minutes earlier:

"Get In! what a signing!!"

When in hole, man should stop digging.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:57 pm

Well they wanted to much for someone of his age i would say we made the right decision there

saddlersdaz
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:58 pm

Playground stuff!

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:00 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:Yes it will, but any one who thinks we're going to sign an up and coming midfielder who was excellent last season and will cost a hefty fee is living in cloud cuckoo land!

But you obviously did!

Yes of course I did... :roll:

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:24 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stafflers have you heard anything?

I'm very sceptical, because these rumours can spread and develop from nothing

In contrast to 25 minutes earlier:

"Get In! what a signing!!"

When in hole, man should stop digging.

For fudge Sake Neil ( and others )

It was said in jest... I never post to claim I know about signings, why would I suddenly begin, and put no more information on the thread?

Use your noggin neil and have another look in the friends of uts forum and see the timing of the first post on there, the words "I'd be delighted if it happens, but im remaining sceptical" and the ensuing discussion about starting this thread as a joke.

Thick as two short planks

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:01 pm

He who protest to much :wink:

Don't worry about it Phil, whats it matter now ?

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:02 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:Well they wanted to much for someone of his age i would say we made the right decision there

He's 29 saus, not 35!! He's got 3 seasons minimum before he even starts to slow down!

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Me and Phil actually had a convo joking to me about how the Player X deal is very sceptical and being as it would involve a fee, highly improbable.....

saddlersdaz
UTS Regular

Can't wait for the season to start so we can discuss players we actually have, instead of players we may / may not / could / should / might / might not / probably will / probably won't / have a chance of / have absolutely no chance of signing.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:04 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:He who protest to much :wink:

It matters because pillocks on this board are getting touchy now because they fell for what was a very subtle joke. I mean if I was trying to be serious, why would I have put [post moderated] in the title? Why would I need to hide the name? Why would I then not give any more information about my claim, or give no link for people to see for themselves?

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:04 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:Well they wanted to much for someone of his age i would say we made the right decision there

He's 29 saus, not 35!! He's got 3 seasons minimum before he even starts to slow down!

Yes but the point i was trying to make, is that we would never have any chance of getting that kind of money back, where as with frecklington, we would even stand a chance of a few seasons good football off him, and make a profit

saddlersdaz
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:05 pm

9 pages of absolutely useless cr@p. No wonder the thing keeps crashing :wink:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

philthesaddler wrote:

It matters because pillocks on this board are getting touchy now because they fell for what was a very subtle joke. I mean if I was trying to be serious, why would I have put [post moderated] in the title? Why would I need to hide the name? Why would I then not give any more information about my claim, or give no link for people to see for themselves?

Just take no notice, Post Moderated was Byfeild as far as i thought anyway

tinned
Site Addict

Thing is Phil, that it is widely known that we have made an offer. It is plainly obvious to anyone (including the club) that a transfer fee would be payable.

So with that in mind, why do you feel it is so improbable that you can joke about it?

saddlersdaz
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:06 pm

philthesaddler wrote:

Only 1 pillock posted on this thread IMHO.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:06 pm

tinned wrote:Thing is Phil, that it is widely known that we have made an offer. It is plainly obvious to anyone (including the club) that a transfer fee would be payable.

So with that in mind, why do you feel it is so improbable that you can joke about it?

It was just a dig at JB, that is where i disagree with Phil, because there was/is a chance of him signing for us

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:07 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

Yes but the point i was trying to make, is that we would never have any chance of getting that kind of money back, where as with frecklington, we would even stand a chance of a few seasons good football off him, and make a profit

Very good point, but tell me, when was the last time we did that?

Mark passed the message on to me, he's ever the optimist, but I just could never see us spending that kind of money, why would we all of a sudden start?

Red Leader

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:07 pm

philthesaddler wrote:

so subtle no one but you got it....... :shock:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:09 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

Mark passed the message on to me, he's ever the optimist, but I just could never see us spending that kind of money, why would we all of a sudden start?

Yeah he told me too, but he did say it was just a rumour, although off a reliable source, it wasn't confirmed.

The last time we did it ? never as far as i am aware, that doesn't mean it can never happen

Red Leader

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:11 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

so why post it as a fact?...there was no qualifying statement to it

just admit that you thought it was true and you wanted to break the news to everyone. There is notjing wrong with that, but please dont try and dress it up as a 'joke'

stafflers
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:11 pm

philthesaddler wrote:Use your noggin neil and have another look in the [post moderated] forum and see the timing of the first post on there

:shock:

:lol: :wink:

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:12 pm

tinned wrote:Thing is Phil, that it is widely known that we have made an offer. It is plainly obvious to anyone (including the club) that a transfer fee would be payable.

The player in question was first mentioned back in May, and the fee mentioned was around £75k.

Now, the fee being mentioned is a record breaker.

Even with the £75k rumours, I expressed doubt immediatley.

You've got a point Dave, but lets just turn it round...

If we were willing to pay a fee for someone, why haven't we sorted a deal for him? We've had since May. He's been playing in pre-season friendlies for them, so must be considered part of the squad for next season.

RobboH89
Glitterati

Location: Waiting for confirmation of League 1 Survival! Bring It On!

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:14 pm

Red Leader wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

just admit that you thought it was true and you wanted to break the news to everyone. There is notjing wrong with that, but please dont try and dress it up as a 'joke'

He can't bring himself to do that :lol:

saddlersdaz
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:14 pm

The thing that gets me is, fine, 'IF' it was meant as joke, but look at how stupid it makes 'ALL' supporters of Walsall FC look, when fans who believe the story to be true, go onto other football forums, and post what is suppossed to be info from a reliable source.

And you wonder why people think we're thick!!!!!

Stu
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:16 pm

The fee was never £75k by my knowledge, put a 1 front of the 75 and thats what I was hearing...

And when you consider how frugal we've been this summer, 4 'veteran' players all signed on 1 year deals, then it tells you that DD has probably been holding something back for something or someone...

Have to admit Phil, I think your the only pesron in the world who can read that and seem to think it can be passed off as a joke.

If you'd done it at any other time, possibly, but you only did it because you'd been sent a text message saying it had happened.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:17 pm

Red Leader wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

FFS.

Strange way of claiming something was fact... no name given, no details given

Read further up, and you'll see people backing me up, and you'll soon realise this thread wasn't a "he's definately signed thread"

It was, as I've posted numerous times already a joke/rumour thread. [post moderated] was already in the public domain, so I thought I'd share the rumour that neil, steve and mark had been spreading, in a shrewd, subtle and slightly comic manner.

Capiche?

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:17 pm

Just keep digging....

saddlersdaz
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:19 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
Red Leader wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

FFS.

Read further up, and you'll see people backing me up, and you'll soon realise this thread wasn't a "he's definately signed thread"

It was, as I've posted numerous times already a joke/rumour thread. [post moderated] was already in the public domain, so I thought I'd share the rumour that neil, steve and mark had been spreading, in a shrewd, subtle and slightly comic manner.

Capiche?

Crapiche?[/

RobboH89
Glitterati

Location: Waiting for confirmation of League 1 Survival! Bring It On!

philthesaddler wrote:
Red Leader wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

FFS.

Capiche?

Nope

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Stu wrote:The fee was never £75k by my knowledge, put a 1 front of the 75 and thats what I was hearing...

And when you consider how frugal we've been this summer, 4 'veteran' players all signed on 1 year deals, then it tells you that DD has probably been holding something back for something or someone...

Have to admit Phil, I think your the only pesron in the world who can read that and seem to think it can be passed off as a joke.

If you'd done it at any other time, possibly, but you only did it because you'd been sent a text message saying it had happened.

Wrong, I spoke to mark before hand who explained the situation. Mark didn't have his usual aire of certainty about his claims, because it was obviously 2nd/3rd hand coming to him.

Stu look on the other forum, I was passing on information, not claiming it to be true. My view was highly sceptical, as the other thread confirms, and as Daz confirms who I spoke to on MSN.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:20 pm

YGA Saddler wrote:Just keep digging....

I'm not diggin though, I've proved myself to be right.

It's those who fell for it, and feel like idiots that are the ones having trouble accepting it, and the reason this thread is still going.

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics