Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

No-one signs!!!!!!!

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:24 pm

mr blacktooth wrote:Oh dear! Ill just carry on watching the Bill then wire in the blood whilst this unwinds.

Naughty people.

The bill is quite good tonight!!!

mr blacktooth

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:27 pm

It is. Dont miss wire in the blood straight after.

ws3
Glitterati

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:35 pm

mr blacktooth wrote:It is. Dont miss wire in the blood straight after.

Astonishingly a copper was held at gunpoint in the Bill tonight. The astonishing thing is it took all of 3 minutes before it happened.

Utter. utter rubbish.

mr blacktooth

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:47 pm

How dare you. Its as real as it comes my mates Cagney and Lacey told me thats how it happens :shock:

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:22 pm

anyone else get the feelin we have got excited over nothing??

Scooby
UTS Regular

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:24 pm

I won't believe it until I see that 'cheesey' picture of 'him' holding the Saddlers scarf above his head. 8)

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:25 pm

Scooby wrote:I won't believe it until I see that 'cheesey' picture of 'him' holding the Saddlers scarf above his head. 8)

Nothing to do with me

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:57 pm

Come on then...Which one of you texted WM and said we are signing [post moderated] tomorrow for 200k???!!!

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:58 pm

Little scamps!

Cheesebag
Site Addict

YGA Saddler wrote:Come on then...Which one of you texted WM and said we are signing [post moderated] tomorrow for 200k???!!!

:?: What show was that on????

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

YGA Saddler wrote:Come on then...Which one of you texted WM and said we are signing [post moderated] tomorrow for 200k???!!!

That was the figure I heard earlier today but I wasn't going to say that. It wouldn't surprise me. He's been number 1 target all summer and is why we didn't offer more for Byfield. Makes commercial sense to me as he's young enough to make good profit in a few years, unlike Byfield.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 pm

Cheesebag wrote:

:?: What show was that on????

Was in between talking about the friendly results and the news. Big Baz also heard it.

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:

That was the figure I heard earlier today but I wasn't going to say that. It wouldn't surprise me. He's been number 1 target all summer and is why we didn't offer more for Byfield. Makes commercial sense to me as he's young enough to make good profit in a few years, unlike Byfield.

The thought of us buying a young up and coming player that will not only improve our squad but will also act as an investment due to probable future increase in value is blowing my mind at the moment. It's so ...... un-Walsall like.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:01 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:

Also if he does sign it clearly shows why we have gone for the players we have rather than pushing the boat out a bit more on wages.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:02 pm

Is he a center midfielder ? or play wide midfield ?

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:03 pm

tinned wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

The thought of us buying a young up and coming player that will not only improve our squad but will also act as an investment due to probable future increase in value is blowing my mind at the moment. It's so ...... un-Walsall like.

DD wasn't around before. No way on Earth would he have signed a 3 year contract if his long term plans weren't backed up. He knows the value in young players, he's seen Coventry reap the benefits from his work with the likes of Calum Davenport and Gary McSheffrey being sold for big money and he's persuasive enough to convince Bonser similar results.

Exile
Jobsworth

I'm waiting for someone to moan about putting all our eggs in one basket, or haven't I read this thread properly?

Cheesebag
Site Addict

I think we are putting all our eggs in one basket here

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:04 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:Is he a center midfielder ? or play wide midfield ?

Ive only ever seen him play central midfield. His defence splitting passes will have you drooling.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:04 pm

Cheesebag wrote:I think we are putting all our eggs in one basket here

The other egg couldn't be tempted out of Millwall's basket. :D

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:05 pm

Exile wrote:I'm waiting for someone to moan about putting all our eggs in one basket, or haven't I read this thread properly?

Ahhh, i almost did post such a thing, although not so negative, but it would have been deemed just that , so i left it, but what i would have said, if we do sign him, i would say that is our spending over for possibly the season, not saying that is right or wrong though :D

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:I think we are putting all our eggs in one basket here

The other egg couldn't be tempted out of Millwall's basket. :D

Hes such a bad egg :lol:

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

YGA Saddler wrote:Come on then...Which one of you texted WM and said we are signing [post moderated] tomorrow for £200k???!!!

£200K !!! - but what about the extra costs - like the BUPA hospital fees when Jeff goes in after his heart attack? :shock:
Last edited by Pedagogue on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

YGA Saddler wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:Is he a center midfielder ? or play wide midfield ?

Ive only ever seen him play central midfield. His defence splitting passes will have you drooling.

Just need a striker to bury them now then :wink:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:07 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Exile wrote:I'm waiting for someone to moan about putting all our eggs in one basket, or haven't I read this thread properly?

Ahhh, i almost did post such a thing, although not so negative, but it would have been deemed just that , so i left it, but what i would have said, if we do sign him, i would say that is our spending over for possibly the season, not saying that is right or wrong though :D

I don't think that would be the case, we would still be allowed to bring in players later in the season. I don't think everyone realises how much wages have been freed up in recent months added to the fact we have sponsorship deal revenue from the likes of Easyfit and Bonks's's's to cover the transfer fee if needed.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:09 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:

I don't think that would be the case, we would still be allowed to bring in players later in the season. I don't think everyone realises how much wages have been freed up in recent months added to the fact we have sponsorship deal revenue from the likes of Easyfit and Bonks's's's to cover the transfer fee if needed.

I am gonna shut up now, before i get put in the miserable gits section :D Will be a big signing if it happens, and also break a trend that has gone on to long

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:10 pm

Leamore Saddler wrote:
YGA Saddler wrote:Come on then...Which one of you texted WM and said we are signing [post moderated] tomorrow for £200k???!!!

£200K !!! - but what about the extra costs - like the BUPA hospital fees when Jeff goes in after his heart attack? :shock:

Got to go through the wallet amputation first :wink:

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:12 pm

200K... you could buy a villa for that :shock: :D

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:

I am gonna shut up now, before i get put in the miserable gits section :D Will be a big signing if it happens, and also break a trend that has gone on to long

Well DD broke a very long trend of us not winning a title so you never know :wink:

Exile
Jobsworth

Cheesebag wrote:200K... you could buy a villa for that :shock: :D

A caravan, at least.

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics