Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Notts Forest (a) - League - 1st January 2003

Reports and reaction from the 2002-03 season as Walsall finished 17th in Division 1
Andy
UTS Regular

Notts Forest (a) - League - 1st January 2003

Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:51 am

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.167) on Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 11:04 pm: Edit

Well I'd have thought by now someone would have been back from the match and posting some comments on here. Where is everyone ?

From what I've read elsewhere it was very much a game of two halves, with us playing like a third division outfit in the first-half, fortunate to be going in only 1-0 down, then completely dominating the second-half with an amazing transformation, presumably brought about by a strong talking to by CL during the break, until 10 minutes from the end when we retreated in our usual way and invited Forest to pummel us. Edge of the seats stuff by the sound of it.

Anyway the point of me coming on here with my very-much-second-hand comments was to say "Sheffield, I'm expecting to lose this bet mate, but I wasn't expecting to come so close to losing it so soon. I live to fight another day!"

Were you there Sheff. and if so were you starting to get thoughts of that free meal, bottle and £50 coming your way mate ?

I'd still rather have had the three points myself if I'm absolutely honest.

By cannock (194.117.133.180) on Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 11:12 pm: Edit

As the teams left for half time i had already resigned myself to the fact that we would be playing second division football next year. The performance was diabolical, clueless, leaderless. I was even regretting parting with my £5 entrance fee. However, the second half performance was astonishing as we took Forest to the cleaners with attack after attack. After having witnessed a side that wouldn't be out of place in division 3 we then saw a genuine first division side.

I still cannot believe the transformation. Darren Wrack had without doubt his finest game for the Saddlers. He was on the right, on the left, battling in the middle as well as up front with the strikers. He ran his proverbial nuts off

By SheffieldSaddler (195.93.49.13) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 12:11 am: Edit

Must admit I have been a fan of Wrack this season. Didnt rate him much previously but I reckon the last 12 months he as been a great asset to the team. Playing all over the place in so many different positions from right back to left wing. Its good to have a player in your squad that can basically play anywhere in midfield and various places at the back. I even remember him playing up front when Graydon was in charge.
I can never understand how a team can come out and play so badly, yet when the gaffer has give them all a good going over at half time they come out a different team. Does this just apply to Walsall?
No Geoff I didnt go today. I wouldnt trust myself to walk neveralone drive a car after new years eve! I think I am just about receovered now after a few glasses of bitter. They say what kills cures.
According to WM it was much as what you have said though Geoff, a game of 2 halves and last 10 minutes with Forest pressing. Good to see Ainsworth get on the score sheet, I knew he would have a few goals in him. Even though I slated him for getting sent off at Norwich.

By Fish (62.7.4.36) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 12:31 am: Edit

I feel a whole lot more optimistic after today's game. I just have the feeling that we have turned the corner and that the second half performance should instil some self belief.

It's true ! we were awful for the the first half hour, but in the last 15 mins of the half I did think that we had begun to get a grip, we didn't see much as much of Forest as an attacking force from then on.

As Cannock says the second half was astonishing, top of the league stuff for me. Forest were all over the place, they couldn't live with us. Great performance from the fans as well. It's only a pity that we didn't capitalise.

The difference for me was that we were more mobile, retained possession better and learned to play to Junor's strengths by playing it in to his feet, it's no use just lumping ball in the air to him. As a result he opened Forest up with a wonderful pass to Bazely for the goal, and set Wrack up brilliantly just after that.

My MoM contenders were Wracky (he really has begun to look the business again), Bazeley (magnificent) and possibly Roper (2nd half). It was also encouraging to see a strong performance from Carbon for the last 20... Oh! and it was great to see super Jim back, even if he did seem intent on upsetting the Ref at every opportunity.

Happy New Year, all

By RushallSaddler (217.207.41.4) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 10:04 am: Edit

Like Cannock at half time I thought exactly the same especially seeing the sjoke and sheff wed results on the scoreboard and the performance was terrible, but what a transformation - we should really have won, but I'll settle for the point, maybe a turning point in our season, I thought Lees main tactical switch worked a treat pushing Bazeley up to right wing back he had an excellent 2nd half , and if wrackys curler had gone in it would have been contender for one of the goals of the season - great move, Wrack MoM for me, bring on the Dingles.

By popperpancake (195.224.209.233) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 10:21 am: Edit

Wrack was outstanding....cant really disagree with anyone above. Dismal first half....excellent second half.

By MarkW (217.36.98.250) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 11:04 am: Edit

Glad to see CL took my advise and made the changes required particulary dropping Corica and Sonner although in the first half I wasn,t so sure.
How a team can produce such a Jekkle and Hyde performance amazes me.
I think we can safely say that that is probably the last we see of Pollet who was shocking in the first half.
Good to see Jim back.Why do we need Ward as cover.He is totally useless.Why not just get some youngster in as cover.
We still need another mobile midfielder to play alongside MOC.Sonner and Simpson are not div.1 players.A loan signing from a prem club would be ideal.Can't think who at present.Any suggestions of some youngster on the fringe of a prem club who they would loan out for valuable div.1 experience?

By RushallSaddler (217.207.41.4) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 11:30 am: Edit

Can't think of a youngster at the moment but Daryl Powell at Blues is out of contract on the 14th Jan, played the previous 2 or 3 seasons for Derby in the premiership, big strong box to box fella.

By popperpancake (195.224.209.233) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 11:56 am: Edit

Powell would be a great signing, but i'd prefer someone younger personally. But like Rushall i can't come up with a name. CL was correct to leave out corica, he'll be back but was just struggling at the moment.

By RushallSaddler (217.207.41.4) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 12:05 pm: Edit

Was Corica left out because of his form or was he injured - does anyone know, nice to see Pedro back in the fold yesterday, we may need him over the next few games with all the suspensions and loan arrangements finishing, thought Ainsworth had a goood second half yesterday anyone have any thoughts as to whether we should try to keep him, If we could unload either rodrigues or herivelto or better still both I think we should try to keep him.

By hullsaddler (213.249.171.188) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 12:12 pm: Edit

Report in today's Guardian has Ainsworth as man of the match & says C.Lee wants him permanently.Do people think this will or should happen?
Also if half time talks can change around a side ,why not give them before the game starts? Must admit the commentary echoed views above about the teams performance.

By popperpancake (195.224.209.233) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 12:30 pm: Edit

I think we should try and keep him. He was totally anonymous in the first half but was great second half....apart from some wayward crossing when he got into good positions. AS CL said tho, he does offer something that we haven't got in the side at the moment. Herivelto and Rodrigues look like they will not play for us again so we might as well get rid of them and try to keep ainsworth. He lacks a bit of fitness tho, understandably. Not sure why he left Corica out but if it was cos of lack of form i dont think he could have complained too much.

By Fish (213.1.65.7) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 12:34 pm: Edit

Apparently Corica was out because his wife was giving birth to a baby daughter. He had been ill, though, and may not have played anyway

By RushallSaddler (217.207.41.4) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 12:51 pm: Edit

So does this mean he will come straight back into the side - and at whose expense.

By SheffieldSaddler (194.202.181.189) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 01:38 pm: Edit

Probably Ainsworth as wasnt it his last game for us?

By Paul G (194.117.133.180) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 02:34 pm: Edit

I would be happy to see Corica back on the left and Wrack on the right next week. Wracky has been superb over xmas. Hopefully the old gits who sit behind me in the Purple and moan at his every touch will now be silenced.

Surely Wimbledon would be happy to offload Ainsworth. He could not miss yesterday given the quality of the cross from Bazely. Strangley Ainsworths crossing was consistently poor but I would be happy to take him on from what we have seen.

Removing Junior and going to five across the midfield did not work yesterday. We invited pressure and almost lost a game we should have been winning. If we had 5 or 6 more points I'm sure CL would have gone for the jugular yesterday and we would have finished them off in the last quarter of the game.

By Jorge14 (195.93.49.13) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 02:52 pm: Edit

MarkW, where do you figure that Danny Sonner isn't a 1st division player? He was playing well, easily 1st division class before he got dropped. Corica will come in for "Wild Thing" because even if we signed him permanently he has a 3 match ban.

Wrack MoM yesterday and he's got to be one of the players of the season. If he carries on like this until May I'll be voting for him in Player of the Season, him or Darren Bazely.

Good to see Walker back. It's not hard to see why we beat Sjoke in the play-offs when you see the complete difference in class between Jimmy Walker and Gavin Ward. To be honest I'd rather have Matty Harris in goals that Gavin Ward. Harris seems to have the skill that Ward so obviously misses.

I thought Pollet had a decent game, well second half, yesterday. He made one or two mistakes in the first half and had the "part timers" moaning about his dingles connection. again, pretty pathetic. He had the blue of Walsall's away kit on, so for that 90 mins atleast he was a Saddler, not a dingle.

Jorge is struggling at the moment, i don't think we can consider dropping him because he works his ass off evry game. He's doing an Owen at the moment. He'll come good though again, he's a striker, as will Junior.

What's all the fuss about Harewood and Johnson? They did hardly anything (apart from Johnson scoring!) in the Wortho cup and again they were poor yesterday.

All in all, a good performance in the second half but the gap is closing and we've got to be careful.

By BEL (134.220.2.2) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 03:28 pm: Edit

the first half yesterday made me think the midfield need to talk to each other as they are all over the place, nice to see wrack working hard

By Stu (212.137.33.208) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 03:37 pm: Edit

I think Danny Sonner has been hard done by to be dropped. I thought he was playing very well recently, being one of our best players in current form. I spose Fitzroy gives us a left sided option, which we don't have in the middle (O'Connor, Wrack, Corica, Sonner are all right footed).

Although, Fitz hasn't looked on the ball in the two matches. Presumably a lack of match fitness, and I'd rather have Sonner in. He plays with passion.

No real reason to worry, we've had a very tough Xmas and New Year programme and we haven't really been outclassed by any of them. Shame we've only got 1 point to show, as we deserved something from Norwich as well. But as it stands, we've got all of the tough away fixtures against the top teams out of the way bar Crystal Palace. The rest of our away fixtures are against mid table sides and the struggling sides, so they offer chances to pick up points. Where as I feel we always stand a chance on our pitch as it is so compact. Quite optimistic of us getting to 14th place to be honest and avoiding any scrap. As long as we start playing from the 1st minute, as opposed to the 35th as we did at Forest.

By Geordiesaddler (213.205.138.250) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 03:42 pm: Edit

Strange thing about the possibility of taking Ainsworth is that Lee says he may be able to take over his contract. I find this staggering considering Ainsworth's contract was on the back of a £2m transfer during their premier league days. About a month ago we couldn't afford to sign anyone without geting rid of someone. Even if we move out a couple of fringe players I don't see this adding up to what Ainsworth is likely on at Franchise. Wonder if Lee has been pledged cup run money again? Seems to be potential funds available from somewhere all of a sudden.

By Neil Ravenscroft (62.172.127.2) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 04:05 pm: Edit

Have a look on TheSaddlersFC.tk. There's a rumour we might be getting a sell on clause windfall!

By Stu (212.137.33.208) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 04:39 pm: Edit

Geordie, Ainsworth's contract expired in the summer. Apart from some interest from Preston, who offered him a short term deal, he had no other offers. Thus, he took the only offer available which was to stay at Franchise. So I imagine that also meant a big pay cut. Thus, I'd imagine he is within our reaches quite easily.

By SheffieldSaddler (194.202.181.189) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 05:16 pm: Edit

Sell on clause windfall. Now thats what I like to hear. According to that report 1 million quid which would be 30% of the 3 million that Villa are thinking of buying Ricketts for.
I know that many people on this board didnt like Ricketts, but surely everyone would love him if he generated the Saddlers 1 million quid!
I will keep my fingers crossed.

By lee54 (194.117.133.180) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 05:17 pm: Edit

gorge 14 thought pollet was crap send him back
well done lads 2nd half was great
thought we might have nicked it but cl took junior off so end of story. point was good thow
if we can play like that 2nd half performance
for the rest of the season who nows playoffs ?
come on its nice to dream
happy new year to all walsall fans

By Peter. (195.92.168.175) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 05:34 pm: Edit

Our support, or lack of it, has come in for some considerable stick this year particular from the regulars on here. What a shame then that no acknowledgment is given to the record league gate at Bescot. No mention either of the 2000 plus NFFC turnout. Do you moan for the sake of it?

By RushallSaddler (217.207.41.4) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 05:39 pm: Edit

Did any one else get p****d off with those forest dick-eds calling us brummies, cos I did, what an insult - we're not brummies, well I aint thats for sure, I've already put them straight on that on their message board.

By hullsaddler (213.249.174.246) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 05:46 pm: Edit

Hope Ricketts is sold but Whalley said on a phone in last year that the sell on is 20%, which would still be nice.

By Exile (203.97.2.243) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 08:23 pm: Edit

Six hundred thousand smackeroos for Ricketts going to our neighbours ("pride of the midlands", as another thread said, perhaps tongue-in-cheek?)would be fantastic. That's more than a couple of rounds in the FA Cup, although that too would be fantastic.

Pleased with a point. Any point is good, and to get it at the end of an otherwise rotten festive season helps immensely. The guys have to be more upbeat now, and to have proved once again on the pitch that we can mix it up with the high flyers is a boost.

Afterthought - everyone remember this time last season? We were deep in the mire, seemingly with no way out, and a theory was circulated on the messageboard, which (in my eyes) was borne out by the end of the season. It went something along the lines of the winter pitches being no help to the way the Saddlers played football. Grounds being all mud, damp or icy is no good for the neat passing football Walsall were trying to play, and some of the messageboard supporters suggested that once the weather cleaned up, so would Walsall. It did, and we did. Coincidence? Not sure all our late season improvement was CL, although I was extremely pleased to have him join.

Cheers all,
Exile

PS - a happy new year to everyone!

By Shifnalsaddler (213.1.45.2) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 12:04 am: Edit

What's going on? I'm supposed to be Wrackys biggest fan on here, defending him all season against Duffer and Geoff and all the others having a go at him. Now I read everyone saying he's fantastic, player of the season and all that. I'm not sure I like being in the majority, I'll have to take up the cudgels on behalf of some other unpopular player. And no Cannock, don't bother suggesting Aranalde, that's a step too far, mate.

I thought Pollet was absolutely useless yesterday, especially early on. He's obviously a good player on past record, so what's the problem? Is he totally unfit or what? Luckily Roper was on top form to cover for him.

By Exile (203.97.2.243) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 12:11 am: Edit

IF Ricketts is going anywhere, it ain't to Birmingham, given that they've just picked up Dugarry...

Cheers all
Exile

By J WALSALL LOYAL (62.31.64.2) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 12:29 am: Edit

GREAT RESULT ON NEW YEARS DAY ITS A SHAME I HAD TO CATCH THE TRAIN THOU NEARLY HAD IT OFF WITH THE FOREST LADS WHO WERE GIVIN IT LARGE

By Sexist Saddler (217.42.157.170) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 12:39 am: Edit

J FOR JUNIOR?

Since you "nearly had it off" with the "large" Forest lads I can only presume that you are either an extremely randy female or the Banks Stand Graham Norton impersonator.....

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.165) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 02:19 am: Edit

Hey Shifnal, what's this about Wracky mate. I don't think I've had any goes about Wracky, I've always liked the guy. I don't think I've criticised him have I, apart from than the occasional flippant comment about his wayward shooting, and at the time that was justified as, if you remember, he seemed better at hitting the lower tier of the (then unopened) Purple Stand than the onion sack. Kept getting into some great positions and then fluffin' the finish.

But those recent goals have really seen his confidence rise (as I said on here that it would after that one against, er-r-rm, was it Wimbledon closely followed by two at Ipswich.

Player of the month in December for me, and pushing any other contenders very close for Player of the Season so far. Works his wotsits off every game, back to his best, maybe better than ever, it's hard to fault him.

By Wracky's Mom (194.70.199.62) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 09:28 am: Edit

I knew that extra Weetabix would sort him out

By popperpancake (195.224.209.187) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 11:05 am: Edit

Come On Shifnal..please champion aranalde. Take that step. You won't regret it. There aren't any other unpopular players so it's got to be Zigor. No-one has mentioned a new left back for at least a week...maybe you'll have to start abusing him to be in the minority. I can't believe no-one has mentioned zigor's lazy block attempt on prutton's cross ...... surely Sheff would have noticed if he had been there.

By SheffieldSaddler (194.202.181.189) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 11:34 am: Edit

Must admit the Express and Star singled out the attempted block attempt by Zigor in its players comments section. :o)
True he has improved, but lets be honest he couldnt have got any worse now could he! :o)

By solihull saddler (164.143.240.34) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 11:36 am: Edit

What's all this rubbish about people being worried about relegation? Look at who we have played recently. It is a sign of the club's advancement that we can go to places like Portsmouth,Ipswich, Norwich and Forest and be disappointed that we have not won because we have played so well. In my mind Walsall on their day are as good as anyone in the division. The problem is consistency from game to game and also during a game (ie the same problem as everyone else in the division with the exception of Portsmouth, Leicester and Brighton).

How did Ainsworth play against Forest? (MOM per the Guardian - but they probably confused him for Wrack by all accounts - consistently poor crossing but scores the goal). Is he going to be consistently good enough? (Harry can look a worldbeater for 10 minutes)

By RushallSaddler (217.207.41.4) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 12:56 pm: Edit

Is that 10 minutes every season then, cos he hasn't exactly played too many games this season has he, when are we gonna get rid of him and that plonker rodrigues, I'd like to know how much were paying these two bozos, surely Ainsworths a much better prospect.

By Ian Gittins (213.165.1.130) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 02:08 pm: Edit

Bozos? Plonker? Bit unfair, old chap, seeing as we've hardly seen them play; I've been quite impressed with Harry at times and have never seen Rodrigues, although a Saints fan friend really rates him. Give 'em a chance, eh?

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.166) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 02:12 pm: Edit

Sorry Solihull, I have to disagree, though it's only my opinion of course. I think you've hit the nail on the head by saying on the one hand that talk of relegation is rubbish, then immediately in your own words confirming exactly why we're in this position and why relegation could be a distinct possiblity.

You've mentioned four games in which we've played very well, but in the end we got 1 point out of 12. OK three were away and they were all against teams well up the table, so they're not the best four to base a judgment on, but we've been doing this same thing against the lower teams as well. This is why we've now got 29 points whereas we should have been comfortable on at least 43/44, and I think that's a conservative estimate.

The reason some of us are highlighting this is so that people will wake up to the fact that all these good performances have not produced the end results, and unless that changes (your word consistency is key) we'll not gain the necessary points from the remaining games, which I'd remind everybody are, on paper, a much harder set of fixtures than we've already played in the first half of the season.

Personally I'll be surprised if we go down, we've got the ability in this side to be well up the table, trouble is it's the results we achieve that will decide, not how many games in which we play very well and then lose or draw.

So far, despite our obvious quality and ability, the results have not been good enough and MUST improve or we WILL be in a relegation fight.

I don't see how it can be described as rubbish to talk about this, it's just facing up to the facts and hoping for a long overdue improvement in the points column.

By Paul G (194.117.133.180) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 02:38 pm: Edit

Geoff - why do you keep pushing this idea that are remaining games are harder???

The 6 hardest games we will play all season (on paper) are away to the top 6. We have now done 5 of these and also 3 away games from the 4 other teams making up the top 10. We have also played Sheff Utd and Forest twice. Therefore I see it as the majority of our hardest games are out of the way.

I have seen nothing in this side which suggests relegation. I think the concerns stem from Mr Bonsers comments re a play-off challenge which was picked up on and hyped by the media. This was never likely this season. Our true position is more or less where we are now but with the EASIER fixtures to come in the remainder of the season we could push on 2 or 3 places higher.

By RushallSaddler (217.207.41.4) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 02:55 pm: Edit

Ian, I would if I thought they were ever gonna wear the saddlers shirt again, but I very much doubt it somehow, unless we're desperately short of players (in Rodrigues case anyway) I think he's only made the subs bench twice all season, there must be something amiss between him and CL.

By Jorge14 (195.93.33.13) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 04:27 pm: Edit

Rushall, the Forest fans were actually singing "Stand up if you hate DERBY" not Brummies. I thought they were singing Brummies at first but it was defo Derby.

I think that the problem with Rodrigues is that he has spent near on 2 years with broken legs and he needs another year to get match fitness back fully which is a real shame because from what I've heard and been told about him, he's a good player. If we do get "Wild Thing" I don't know where Dani will fit in, the same goes unfortunately for Stevie C.

We have got some hard games coming up, but nothing that we can't win or capitalize on.

You want credit for the attendances, I'll give credit for 10,000+ on BD and 2,000 at Forest. Really good for all those people to turn out. Just a shame we only had about 300 away at Ipswich, Pompey, Burnley etc.

By Tim Wilkes (213.2.51.198) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 05:59 pm: Edit

As I have been a critic of Wrack in the past, I am more than happy to eat humble balti pie and say that, on current form he should play ahead of Corica [who has suffered a dip in form ever since I tipped him for player of the season...show's how bloody much I know].
I thought CL's switch of tactics from 4-4-2 to what was more or less 4-3-3, with Wrack playing everywhere in midfield and Ainsworth staying upfield with Jorge and Junior, turned the game. It gave Bazely loadsa space to gallop into down the right and he had a storming 2nd half.
That said, CL's switch for the last 10 minutes to
8-1-1 made me rather nervous!!

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.163) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 09:13 pm: Edit

Simply Paul G because in my own opinion they are harder. We expected to lose those away games at the top 6 and apart from the one point away at Forest, am I right in saying we did that, I think so although I can't recall for certain the result away at SheffU ?

We don't generally do well away and there's been little sign of that changing, except the win at Millwall which failed to mark any sustained improvement, and then at Forest the other day and now we have to wait and see about what that will lead to - we can but hope ! I have seen no indications of us picking up enough points away, when we've played well we've still generally lost, why should I have confidence that's going to change ? Also, a number of the away games will be six-pointers, those teams are going to give nothing away to us, they'll be fighting for every point, we'll have to work hard for a point against those teams.

In contrast to the away matches, we ARE expected to win a fair proportion of our home games, and there we've unfortunately let ourselves down very badly, particularly by failing to take advantage against Reading, Bradford, Rotherham, Preston and Palace. Those were among the "easier" home games, we could and should have won them but we blew them, even from match-winning positions in the case of Preston and Palace. Those easy home games are mainly behind us, 14 points thrown away in those 5 home games alone, and many of the harder home games are still ahead, unfortunately because the Purple Stand development caused us to ask for the bigger home games to be left until later in the season. Ipswich (lost), Notts Forest (won) and SheffU (lost) are the only three big home games we've played, the rest are still to come and we are very likely to drop points at home against Wolves, Leicester, Burnley, Coventry, Portsmouth and Norwich, maybe Watford and Derby too.

So that's my opinion, and these are my reasons, but I accept it's only an opinion, you're more optimistic than me mate, I've no problem with that.

Hopefully, you'll be right and I'll be wrong, or perhaps more likely it'll all end up somewhere between our two extremes, which will still do me because that'll mean we'll be safe.

But at the moment no-one can convince me that the next 19 games will be easier than the 27 we've played.

At the end of the day Paul, it's just a case nof differing opinions, nowt wrong with that mate.

By cannock (194.117.133.180) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 09:28 pm: Edit

It is slightly unnerving that you are able to read my mind Shif!! PS What has happened to the old red boots. Has someone confiscated them?

By Shifnalsaddler (62.6.114.150) on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 12:42 am: Edit

I can read your mind Cannock. Don't I always know where you are, and find you before you even know I'm there?

Sadly, I shall be unable to take up Poppers invitation to champion Aranalde. Lost causes I love, minority viewpoints I am more than happy to espouse, but this would be too big a challenge even for me. So I think I must remain with the majority on this one, if nothing else.
I always thought that Dale Banton was a decent striker though.............

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.169) on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 02:28 am: Edit

Isn't Dale Winton better Shifnal ? Though I wouldn't like to turn my back on him !

By Ian Gittins (217.41.77.97) on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 02:44 pm: Edit

Geoff. How very... Jim Davidson of you.

By Exile (203.96.111.237) on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 07:03 am: Edit

Yes....not so Graham Norton...

By Ian Gittins (81.132.7.195) on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 12:06 pm: Edit

Still, every Bernard Manning for himself.

By Punzilla (194.117.133.180) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 09:02 am: Edit

As I said to my mate at the match yesterday, "Stan, I'm bored man."

By Ian Gittins (81.132.28.20) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 10:18 am: Edit

But to be Frank, Skinning them wasn't an option.

Return to 2002-03 Season