Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Sheff Utd (a) - League - 17th August 2002

Reports and reaction from the 2002-03 season as Walsall finished 17th in Division 1
Andy
UTS Regular

Sheff Utd (a) - League - 17th August 2002

Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:51 pm

Sheffield United 1 Walsall 1
Corica 23

Sheffield United and Walsall squandered opportunities in an exciting encounter which ended 1-1. A defensive slip-up had let in Steve Corica to score for Walsall after 23 minutes.

Loan signing John Paul McGovern opened his Sheffield United account five minutes before half-time. The Saddlers began brightly and tested the home defence in the third minute when Mark Wright fired in a powerful drive that forced Shaun Murphy to hack clear.

But United soon began to control the game. After eight minutes, the ball broke kindly for Carl Asaba in the box but he blasted wide with only goalkeeper James Walker to beat. And six minutes later the same player was tormenting the Saddlers defence again when his deft chip was hooked away by Ian Roper.

But Shaun Murphy's defensive lapse gifted the visitors the lead. With time to measure his clearance, the Australian centre-back fired the ball straight into the path of countryman Corica, who raced in to slot low past the advancing Paddy Kenny.

Undeservedly behind, United pressed forward in search of a response. And after Ben Doane had fired a vicious inswinging free-kick dangerously close, they levelled when McGovern hammered Robert Kozluk's cross high into the corner of the net.

Colin Lee's half-time plans were disrupted when Danny Hay picked up an injury. He was replaced by Tony Barras. It was nearly worse for Lee when Asaba, relishing his new partnership with Allison, volleyed narrowly over from 18 yards. But it was Corica who seemed most likely find the net, and only a last-ditch tackle by Shaun Murphy denied the midfielder a certain second.

Neil Warnock brought on Jean-Phillipe Javary and Laurens Ten Heuvel. The gamble almost paid off, but Ten Heuvel's stinging shot from distance was well-held by Walker.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Dave H ( - 213.1.129.93) on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 06:13 pm: Edit

Anyway, a good battling point today, thought that we could get something from the match even with our problems, the Blades wont do much this season I dont think.

Look forward to next weekend against Forest, good to see them stuff Wendy today. Hopefully we can get a few more players back fit, and show some more determination and pick up the three points.

By cat3 ( - 218.102.21.3) on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 07:08 pm: Edit

Finally, a well deserved point! Go Go Sads!!! We shall continue our battle and move onward with victories... I wonder who will join our squad now. Our squad's not too bad, more players make it merrier...

By Stew ( - 213.1.71.183) on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 08:50 pm: Edit

Karl Hawley scored for Raith today.

By Sheffield Saddler ( - 195.93.34.152) on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 09:23 pm: Edit

Excellent performance today. I thought Leitao was superb. If he continues to do that week in, week out he will shut the doubters up. As I have said before, he is a first division player who will score goals if you give him the service. Well done Jorge.
Also Wright, well done to the young lad. Thrown in at the deep end already this season. Against Wolves he was good, today he was brilliant. Seems cool on the ball, creates himself time to do things with it, and attacks down that flank. Well done lad!
Also thought Wrack played well and also a special mention to Corica, ran himself into the ground, took the goal well and was always a danger.
Definate positives from todays performance but must admit, Sheffield United are terrible, and I mean terrible. Couldnt put a pass together, lacked invention and will be relegated if they continue like that.

By Sheffield Saddler ( - 195.93.34.152) on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 09:25 pm: Edit

Oh and good to see Doffers wife kept him quiet..........NOT.

By Stu ( - 62.252.64.8) on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 10:23 pm: Edit

Doffer and Geordies did their best to give themselves a heart attack with their rants at the Ref, who it has to be said, was possibly one of the worst I've ever seen.

The match was nip and tuck. I'm glad with the point. We could have taken all 3, but so could they. That is the sort of place we should be going to and be capable of getting a result from, and we did it today with a depleted side, so even better!

Bazeley is looking very good, Hay looks quite cultured on the ball (bar the short header that forced Bazeley to make the goal line clearance). Sorry to mention Zigor, he had a sound game, but in my view should have done better on the goal. He waited for the ball to bounce, McGovern didn't, result = McGovern gets to the ball first and its 1-1.
Wright was my MOTM and he looks very good. I can see why Merrington and Lee said he was our best young player. As Sheff says, Jorge looked different today. It seems he was playing his normal game, rather than just holding the ball up, he was trying to turn with the ball and attack his man, looked good today.

Add Carbon, O'Connor and Zdrillic to that side and we'll be well away. Although, unless we're going to play 3-5-2, Lee will have a real tough job on his hands in deciding which centre half doesnt get a game!

By Stu ( - 62.252.64.8) on Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 05:21 pm: Edit

I think as well that some players may now be realising the full pinch of the ITV Digital deal, espeically if they read the small article on Darren Barnard in this mornings Sunday People. He has admitted going from £8k/week at Barnsley last season, to less than £1k/week at Grimsby this season, taking a pay cut of 87.5%...

Maybe the likes of Keates etc should now realise what they are worth. If Barnard can only get £1k/week, then some may as well pack it in now...

Makes you think though, with us crying out for a left back, why we weren't looking at Barnard at just £1k/week... Unless he slashed his demands at the last minute because he couldn't get a club.

By Geordiesaddler ( - 195.92.198.74) on Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 07:41 pm: Edit

Stu - I did suffer a mild heart attack during the second half, which is quite normal for one of my away trips, so dont worry mate.

By popperpancake ( - 195.92.67.75) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 12:23 am: Edit

Decent performance, decent result especially in the circumstances. A quick look at givemefootball.com shows herivelto as being on the transfer list. Is this true as i've never heard this.

By Neil Ravenscroft ( - 62.172.127.2) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 08:34 am: Edit

Perhaps the result at Portman Road yesterday has put our start into perspective!

By Delves Saddler ( - 194.73.163.108) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 08:59 am: Edit

We may have had sun stroke, but myself and friends thought Jorge looked well out of sorts.....!!

By Andy W ( - 193.34.231.248) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 09:02 am: Edit

From Teamtalk this morniing:-

Walsall manager Colin Lee is poised to make a raid on South America to strengthen his badly depleted squad before the Nottingham Forest clash.
Lee had hoped to have a couple of new players on board in time for last weekend's clash at Sheffield United but ran out of time to pull off the two deals that he has been working on.
However, he does hope to have two players on board in time for Saturday's home game against Forest.
Lee has given no clues as to who the players may be but the fact one deal has been held up by international clearance problems is a sure sign he has been looking overseas.
It seems certain that one of the targets is the Brazilian striker Junior, who had a brief trial with the Saddlers earlier this summer before returning to his homeland.
Junior was spotted in the crowd at Saturday's clash with Sheffield United at Bramall Lane -increasing speculation that a move to sign him is imminent.
Lee badly needs to strengthen with Matt Carbon, Martin O'Connor and Danny Sonner all struggling with injury problems.
The former Wolves boss said: "Things did not materialise last week but, from what I gather, we will certainly have a player in by next Saturday against Forest - possibly two.
"On one of the players it is to do with international clearance. That has not happened quickly enough for us but this week will certainly enable us achieve what we were trying to do last week."

By Stu ( - 212.137.33.208) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 09:21 am: Edit

Thats interesting that it reports Harry as being transfer listed. As something on Saturday hinted that all isn't well between Lee and Harry.

As soon as the whistle goes, I always look straight to the dugout to see a managers reaction or if anything interesting happens, on Saturday, Herivelto turned and walked straight off as soon as the whistle went. He didnt come over to the fans or anything, just simply turned and walked. As he passed Lee, you could quite clearly see Lee pointing at him (and not in a nice manner), Herivelto replied by just waving his arm at Lee's face (the sort of thing my younger brother used to do when he was saying "whatever") and just trudged off leaving Lee pointing his arm. It was quite obvious they weren't seeing eye to eye. Maybe something to do with the fact that Harry only got 5 mins on the pitch, despite being kitted up with 15 mins to go...

By Stu ( - 212.137.33.208) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 09:42 am: Edit

Oops, I put that on the wrong thread. That is following on from a comment Neil Ravenscroft made after looking at the PFA section of Givemefootball.com

By Stu ( - 212.137.33.208) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 09:44 am: Edit

Oops, again, maybe not Neil, but Popper said it earlier... Its too early...

By Neil Ravenscroft ( - 62.172.127.2) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 09:45 am: Edit

For once, I think Team Talk has got this one right. I think Junior is on his way. No idea who the other might be, but weren't there strong rumours that he went to watch Dundee play with a view to signing a foreign player? Mind you, that's not a lot of help, as they have about 16 on their books!

By rico ( - 217.196.0.70) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 11:00 am: Edit

I have to agree with Delves Saddler, Jorge for me seems to have lost pace and strength. He seems to get pushed off the ball easily.Two seasons ago it would have needed a bulldozer to do that!

Thought Bazeley was superb.Always looking for an outlet, defends superbly.

Tony Barras - Superb! Knows that he is fourth choice centre half, but gave his all on Saturday.

By cat3 ( - 203.198.106.169) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 11:28 am: Edit

A few southern talents, that will surely warm up the spot...

By Ian Gittins ( - 213.165.1.130) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 11:31 am: Edit

I don't get Lee's problem with Herivelto. He's done well both times he's come on this season, and gets three minutes on Saturday. Also, what on Earth was the point in signing Rodrigues if he can't even get a sniff of the bench (er, as it were) in the midst of an injury crisis?

By supersaddler ( - 62.60.47.74) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 11:36 am: Edit

Just one thing, this bloke we are supposed to be signing, Junior, how will he get a work permit.

Please correct me at any point if im wrong, but i dont quite understand this foreign office bull crap.

1. non-EU national players, are players who do not have a passport from a country in the EU [e.g France, Spain, Italy, Germany].

2. Teams in england are only allowed 3 non-eu nationals to play in a squad. right?

to play in this country, you need to have an EU passport, or you have to have played 75% or more of your nations competitive internationals over the past two years? right?

3. Brazilians, for e.g, who have spent 5 years playing in the EU, receive a permanent work permit, and therefore do not have to re-apply for one. For example, if you sign a player who was in his international squad then was dropped and didn't play for his country, but spends 5 years playing in the EU on the same contract, is he then given EU nationality and doesn't require a work permit?

If what i have listed is correct?, how the hell are we going to sign a brazilian who NEEDS a work permit? If the club think he's going to get a permit, does this mean he is a Brazilian international? Thats my eventual point, we dont have too many brazilian strikers who have player 75% or more of their countries internationals over the past two years, do we?

So how the hell is Junior, or whoever, going to get a work permit?

Come to think of it, has Herivelto got a Portugeuse passport or something?

can anyone clear this up for me so i can have a better understanding of the work permit rule?

By Stu ( - 212.137.33.208) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 12:04 pm: Edit

Ian, In all fair to Lee, I can see why he is careful with Harry. As it has to be said, Harry doesn't seem to have the word "defend" in his dictionary. I've said before, in our 4-3-1-2 formation the only place you could play him is in Corica's position (but even Corica has to drop back to defend) or upfront. But he isnt the sort of player to chase defenders. He is a luxury player. Add to that, when we play the likes of Grimsby, Rotherham etc, he just doesnt want to know!

As for the work permit rule. Harry has a Portugese passport, I am presuming that Junior has the same. It could be they've been told he has a Portugese passport, but there have just been holds faxing this to the FA or holds up at the other end of the deal.
Also, the limit on non EU players has been lifted hasnt it? Wasnt it lifted at the same time as the Bosman ruling, as it is "discrimination" to say you can only play 'n' players from outside the EU!

By Neil Ravenscroft ( - 62.172.127.2) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 12:09 pm: Edit

The Junior deal is expected to be sorted by the end of the week. He has played in France, so there must be no work permit problem (probably dual passport, like Herivelto).

The other player turns out to be .......... Fitzroy Simpson!

(From the Official site).

By Geordiesaddler ( - 213.205.138.250) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 12:16 pm: Edit

Simmo's back and playing for nowt according to the official site. How times have changed. Remember how he stalled over signing on the grounds of wages before last season, then refused this year's 6 month deal. By my reckoning 10% of nothing is err.. nothing, so could this be the end of the era of the football agent (outside the prem at least) - I hope so.

By fensaddler ( - 217.205.220.2) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 01:19 pm: Edit

I was sad to see Fitz go, since he was the sort of player we needed to provide midfield cover this season. So I'm glad to see him back - he's the sort of player we need at the moment. And I do hope, as Geordie suggests, that all of this is indicative of a changing balance of power in football, which will bring players' wages down closer to those of the fans that pay them.

By Dave H ( - 213.1.130.159) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 01:33 pm: Edit

Echo the above points about Fitz, I thought he did a fantastic job for Lee last season, after missing most of the action under Graydon, he came in and was solid under Lee, so I was surprised that Lee showed so little faith in him. Fitzroy's only crime, it seems, was that he wanted to play international football, and, who wouldn't want to?!

The sad thing with all of this is there is little sign of the rich players getting poorer. They seem to be earning more and more, whilst honest pro's even in Division One are having to take huge pay cuts just to keep a job. Admittedly, it's the best job around, but many have families to support and whilst in the long-run it could be good, the short term affects are harsh.

By Dave Roe (Daveroe) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 01:54 pm: Edit

I don't know how they'll cope. I mean some of them may very well have to take a 50% pay cut. That could mean that some of them will be forced to survive on amounts as low as £6,000 a week. How can anyone be expected to feed their families on such pitiful amounts ?

By ANother Saddler ( - 213.122.200.231) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 02:09 pm: Edit

For someone who appears quite intelligent, that's a pretty stupid remark to make, Dave Roe.

Since when did your average third division player earn 6k a week?! Most of them will be lucky to have earned £200-400 a week, and could now find themselves on the scrap heap at 26, 27 etc etc. That's the harsh reality, although you obviously think that every footballer is made of money...

Agree about Fitz, couldn't understand Graydon's anger that Fitz wanted to play international football. It was his loss because he lost a player that, under Lee, was influential in keeping us up.

By rushallsaddler on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 02:11 pm: Edit

Any idea how bad Danny Hay's injury was on
Saturday, wonder what the chances are of
David Holdsworth arriving back at bescot on
the same terms as simmo - at the moment I
don't think he would be a bad acquisition
even allowing for the sending offs!!!!

By Sheffield Saddler ( - 194.202.181.189) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 03:07 pm: Edit

At the end of the day though, as Dave H as said its the richer players that will be getting richer. Its these players that are on contracts earning 30k+ a week, its these players that get the signing on fees etc. And then the testimonials.
I know they only work until mid to late 30s, but come on they are taking p*ss.
In the end its the poorer man that will lose out.
Mind you on the other hand, can you blame them, if someone offered you 30k a week would you honestly say no and think about Joe Bloggs at third division Boston on next to nothing, or Fred Smith who still hasnt found a club!

By Baden Powell ( - 194.117.133.180) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 03:57 pm: Edit

Fred Smith hasn't found a club? He surely must be worth a look.

By Ian Gittins ( - 213.165.1.130) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 04:03 pm: Edit

And Joe Bloggs is normally well turned out.

By Sheffield Saddler ( - 194.202.181.189) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 04:32 pm: Edit

Ok. I left myself open to that one! But thanks for the amusement anyway :o)

By Alan ( - 195.74.100.165) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 05:36 pm: Edit

Another Saddler;

Dave Roe might appear quite intelligent, but I
can categorically state that he is in fact stupid.

I hope that's cleared things up.

By supersaddler ( - 62.60.63.198) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 07:06 pm: Edit

How good is this junior then? better or worse than jorgey, or are they two completely different players?

By Ian Gittins ( - 217.45.31.44) on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 07:18 pm: Edit

Well, Mama Used To Say was a rubbish single.

By Phil_G ( - 195.92.168.170) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 05:37 am: Edit

supersaddler,
I'm pretty sure you'll find that Junior and Jorge are two completely different players.
You're thinking of Michael and Janet Jackson.

By Phil_G ( - 195.92.168.170) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 05:38 am: Edit

..well actually, I think Jorge is two players on his own.

By Dave Gittins ( - 195.92.168.170) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 05:46 am: Edit

According to Radio WM today, Fitzroy has returned on a non-contract basis to help us through our injury crisis - we're not even paying him (that'll make Roy Wallet happy)

Also, we are hoping to sign Junior later this week.

By Neil Ravenscroft ( - 195.92.194.17) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 06:02 am: Edit

Sorry Dave, you're about 7 hours behind my post (above)!

By Thora Hird ( - 194.117.133.180) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 06:12 am: Edit

well whoopty fudge doo!

By Stu ( - 62.252.64.8) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 07:13 am: Edit

Junior didnt look too bad against Malawi, but didnt look great either. Seemed to like a little too much time on the ball. But, he did seem very skillful on the ball and did seem to try the unexpected, rather than the predictable...

Apparently Allardyce recommended him after he went to Bolton on trial. If his only on trial till Xmas, we have nowt' to lose.

By Addie ( - 217.35.151.174) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 07:23 am: Edit

I take it there's still no news on Fred Smith signing then. And they wonder why the crowds are so low.

Shame on you Mr Bonser.

By Dave Gittins ( - 195.92.168.163) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 09:45 am: Edit

Okay Neil

I didn't notice your post until after I had submitted mine.

By Ian W. ( - 194.117.133.180) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 10:16 am: Edit

Why should we sign Smith now? We turned him down when he was a sixteen year old over 10 years ago!

By phil g. ( - 194.201.73.1) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 08:03 pm: Edit

And to cap it all, word's got out about our interest in Smith, Teamtalk is reporting that several other 1st Div clubs are now tracking him.
I think Lee has missed the boat on this one.

By Sheffield Saddler ( - 194.202.181.189) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 08:11 pm: Edit

I have started something here havent I.........

By Dave H ( - 213.1.136.222) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 08:53 pm: Edit

We only turned Smithy, as I used to call him, down because the boo boys got on his back! Plus Paul Taylor said he'd got a freebie foreigner who was much better...

I heard Pompey are after him, they'll sign anyone at the moment. I reckon Bloggs is a much better player than Smithy, though I've never once seen him play, I'm just making assumptions. Naughty me.

I really hope we find the extra dosh to sign this bloke, or I may be forced to boycott our next home game against Bradford City.

By supersaddler ( - 62.60.54.31) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 09:00 pm: Edit

hold on. Fred Smith - is he a real player or is he a figment of your overworked imaginations?

By supersaddler ( - 62.60.54.31) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 09:05 pm: Edit

We need two players - thats all. When we've got O'Connor back to full fitness, Sonner has already shown he's superb, Corica is the best player at the club, Harry is looking great although he's done something to upset colin, Pedro will improve, so will Wrack, on top of them we've also got speedy gonzalez: Dani Rodrigues.

We need:

1. A left back. Zigor is too much of a liability, he makes a costly mistake every single match.

2. A Good striker. Someone better than Jorgey, someone who can create something from nothing.

Get those two, and we'll have a great side.

Tony Barras is our Fourth choice Centre back - that says something about Carbon, Hay and Roper.

By Clockwork Saddler on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 09:14 pm: Edit

Is Bloggs a left back? I know that Smith could do the strikers role. His career in Spain proves it.

By ANoS ( - 213.1.128.34) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 10:16 pm: Edit

Too late on the Smithy front...

'Pompey today completed the signing of Walsall old boy, Fred Smith, for £150,000. Pompey are now one step closer to signing every player in the football league who is either on the transfer list, plays for a cash strapped club, or simply played for West Ham.

However, Redknapp, the fat red faced ex-Hammers boss, said that he was not interested in signing Joe Bloggs, the out of contract left back. He said: "He's never played for West Ham, or any sout-coast club, so he simply wont do." That leaves the way open for the Saddlers to snap up Bloggs, however, Colin Lee is thought to be a great admirer of his Aranalde's Spanish good-looks. Or is he Portuguese?

Lee has admitted that Smith would have been a great signing. He said: "Bloody Redknapp, he's a crap boss, who'd want to play for those bunch of drug/child abusers?"

TeamSqualk would like to point out that Paul Merson is no longer on drugs. But he is still fat and shite. And Graham Rix was cleared of those charges brought against him. Or something like that. Either way, make sure the quotes go into some sort of archive, then we can use them again later in the year.'

http://www.teamsqualk.com/madeupshite/n ... ,77777999/
fatbarstewardharry/august-02.asp?whydopeoplebelieveoursite????

By TimW ( - 213.2.51.198) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 11:25 pm: Edit

And I believe that New York Cosmos are willing to let John Doe go for a nominal fee.

By Neil Ravenscroft ( - 62.172.127.2) on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 11:57 pm: Edit

Enough, please!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Dave Roe (Daveroe) on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 12:19 am: Edit

Alan, I would rather be stupid than as bald as a baby. Let alone as ugly as a cows arse !!!!

By selfimportantsaddler on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 12:41 am: Edit

Whats the matter Neil, annoyed someone else cut and pasted a story?

By Neil Ravenscroft ( - 62.172.127.2) on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 12:58 am: Edit

I was hoping someone had some news!

By humourouslynamedsaddler on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 01:10 am: Edit

Well the official site are reporting that Archduke Ferdinand has just been assasinated.

By hns on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 01:28 am: Edit

so I suppose we won't be signing him either.

By Sharky61 on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 01:46 am: Edit

Depends on how much a week he wants.

By Neil Ravenscroft ( - 62.172.127.2) on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 02:02 am: Edit

The Dingle & Star is reporting that Colin Lee is about to start interviews for an Assistant and the Stuart Houston has applied. Any thoughts?

By TimW ( - 213.2.51.198) on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 02:19 am: Edit

Is he Les's brother or Rio's cousin?

By Andy W ( - 193.34.231.248) on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 02:50 am: Edit

News alert !!!
What's happening on the official site - in the 'As it happens' news section, there ISN't an advert for Saddlers World!!
Somebody inform Wallet ASAP

By Phil_G ( - 195.92.168.173) on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 05:57 am: Edit

Even bigger news alert!!!
Sky News is reporting that Smithy's transfer to Pompey has fallen through.
Apparently, he heard of the Saddlers interest and has pulled out at the last minute (oh err).
I think we should have some sort of demonstration at the game on Sat. The guy obviously wants to come, lets show some ambition.

By hullsaddler ( - 212.50.166.20) on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 06:52 am: Edit

Dean keates has been taken on trial here at Hull City. Jan Molby describes him "He's a good player.He's tough & he's played in the 1st & 2nd division so he knows what it is about."

By phil-saddler on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 03:23 pm: Edit

I dont see the point of Saddlers World anyway. I'm not going to pay £40 per year to hear about the news i hear about anyway.

I mean, there is so little news and stuff happening down at bescot that i imagine they'll just be filling these so called 'news bulletins' with adverts trying to make you buy a brick in a wall somewhere, or to put your money in a saddlers account and all this bull.

I can see that it would be useful for people who support walsall and live abroad, but not for people who live in walsall cos there's enough good unofficial websites like this one to keep us informed anyway.

By icons.com on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 07:09 pm: Edit

New Entry in Darren Bazeley's Diary http://www.icons.com/bazeley/diary.html

icons.com - The official site of the world's leading footballers

By anon on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 07:38 pm: Edit

icons.com - The official site of the world's leading footballers

and Darren Bazeley

By Dave Hawkes on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 09:49 am: Edit

Don't forget Teeratep Winothai (Palarse) or indeed Dean Gorre, of Barnsley. Fan-bloody-tastic stuff.

By Ian Gittins on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 10:59 am: Edit

Darren Bazeley? or Darren Tackle?

By fredagreaves on Saturday, August 24, 2002 - 01:34 am: Edit

Lets sign this Smith bloke,and get Wesson back too.Lets go out all guns blazing.

By Ian Gittins on Saturday, August 24, 2002 - 09:52 am: Edit

Nah, let's bring some young Colts through.

Return to 2002-03 Season