Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Wimbledon (h) - FA Cup Rnd 4 - 25th January 2003

Reports and reaction from the 2002-03 season as Walsall finished 17th in Division 1
Andy
UTS Regular

Wimbledon (h) - FA Cup Rnd 4 - 25th January 2003

Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:43 pm

By Neil Ravenscroft (194.117.133.180) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 08:06 pm: Edit

Well, that's the pitch paid for! Who do we want next?

By SheffieldSaddler (195.93.33.13) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 08:08 pm: Edit

Arsenal, Man Utd(if they go through) or Chelsea(if they go through) away from home please!

By SheffieldSaddler (195.93.33.13) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 08:15 pm: Edit

Today I thought we played well. I thought the defence was very good and Roper, Hay, Barras all played well together at the heart. Bazeley definately man of the match, he was superb from start to finish, he is turning into the signing of the season in my opinion, pure class. Midfield struggled a bit without O'Connor, amazing that people critise many a midfield player but has Simpson played well since he got his contract? He has been useless in my opinion since he signed. Jorge was his normal brilliant self, what a turn around from this time last year. Runs his heart out all match and the control, skill and cross to set up Zdrilic was superb. Oh, and Zdrilic, critised by many people, but dont you honestly all think given a decent run in first team without any injuries he is class? He knows where the net his and has the instincts of a decent striker.

By Geordiesaddler (195.92.194.17) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 08:18 pm: Edit

Never mind that lot I want Wolves away. I believe in the law of sod, and their oh so funny chants about JW are goona come back and haunt them as we breeze through to the last eight at their expense. Pay back time.

By Bow Saddler (194.117.133.180) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 08:24 pm: Edit

Agreed the defence played well. Bazeley deserved his motm award.

But special credit to Tony B. Was his last start against Man City when he played depsite carrying a serious injury? His future may well be away from Bescot but I hope he gets a good club and a decent contract.

Agreed that Simpson was poor today, showing the kind of form that caused him to be out of the team for much of last term.

Oh, and Zdrilic, it may seem churlish but I thought he was terrible today. I know that seems terrible considering he got the goal but I don't think he'd have been on the pitch if there had been a viable option on the bench.

Also I thought Wimbledon were shocking. Still you can only beat whats put in front of you.

By Neil Ravenscroft (194.117.133.180) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 08:32 pm: Edit

I have to admit that today was the first home game I've missed this season (I did have a very good excuse), but, it was a cup tie and only one thing matters - winning. From the bits I heard on WM, the defence was superb, as was our new right winger, Ainsworth, when he missed with that diving header!

By the way, there is a thread running on TheSaddlersFC about Football Focus (which I also didnt see), that when Lawrenson was asked for a prediction, replied, "Does anyone really care?". If you want to complain the e mail is [email protected]

By 4two_TheSaddlersFC (195.93.33.13) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 09:05 pm: Edit

Man of the match...

We have a poll goin on This addy http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/list ... =45&sid=44

As it stands, (not finished till Tues Eve)

Darren Bazeley (4) 57%
Zigor Aranalde (1) 14%
Tony Barass (1) 14%
Danny Sonner (1) 14

I DONT want Chelsea, and the prices they pay ! Arsenal...not many tickets for away fans. im too picky though !

By Paul G (194.117.133.180) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 09:35 pm: Edit

How can anyone say Man Utd, Chelsea etc away next? Rochdale or Shrewsbury at home please. So many premiership teams out already - this is a real chance for progress.

Driller has turned out to be a scorer of great goals rather than a great goalscorer. His all round game was very poor today. Otherwise a good team performance with the wing backs working well. I loved Zigors pass over his shoulder to the car park attendant!! Top marks to Tony 'no frills' Barras who was steady and outshone Danny Hay at times. Bazely had a blinder.

Good attendance as well considering there were hardly any away fans.

By SheffieldSaddler (195.93.33.13) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 09:55 pm: Edit

Easy - We would earn around 1/2 million quid+, thats why!

By SheffieldSaddler (195.93.33.13) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 10:04 pm: Edit

Not sure I would say that "Driller has turned out to be a scorer of great goals rather than a great goalscorer." Afterall he has scored 6 goals this season compared to I think 9 for Junior and 9 for Leitao.
So he is just 3 behind them both and I would have thought he has played quite a few less matches as well.
Thing is about Zdrilic is that he needs to have a good run in first team to see the best of him. Hes not the sort of player who you can keep bringing off the bench etc. True he is injury prone and sometimes doesnt look as though he is doing a lot on the pitch but I think he contributes far more than people see and in my opinion would score more than Leitao and Junior with the same amount of games.

By hullsaddler (212.50.181.117) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 10:13 pm: Edit

Cant say it was the most thrilling cup tie I've ever seen but I'll settle for that 1-0 result.
I thought three at the back & wing backs was very effective, especially with all the space that Bazeley found in the first half. I think Tony Barras deserves a special mention, especially as he seems to have become a fringe player as far as CL is concerned. Pity he didnt direct that free header on target though.
Jorge seemed to end up as a right winger & I thought he ran his socks off. A lovely move leading up to the goal,which was beautifully taken by Zdrillic. I did think, however, that he looked knackered or is it just his lack of speed over 5 yards? I was surprised he wasnt substituted in the last 10 mins.
I thought Sonner & Simpson needed to show more aggression in midfield.I would have thought with Martin O'Conner out then they would be really trying to impress.
I must admit I thought we were going to be playing on no-mans land from the battle of the Somme, though presumably it was much worse 2 weeks ago
As it was my first home game since the new stand I thought the atmosphere on the terracing (apart from 10-15 mins around time of goal)was far inferior to what it has been before, first half especially when it didnt seem like a cup tie. There again I was impressed by the look of the stand, just needs the other 3 sides doing now.
As to the next round I would like to see us get someone like Rochdale . Having seen us knocked out at each 5th round game from Birmingham onwards & I would like to see us in the last 8. Also on a purely selfish level,if we get Man U or Arsenal I am going to have a hard time getting a ticket!!
Still now off for a couple of pints or so of Banks's, which is available in my local.

By KH (62.255.38.21) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 10:29 pm: Edit

What did you think of Ainsworth? Good but not 100% for Wimbledon, perhaps he still feels something for Bescot and Walsall? Anyone heard anything more about him coming, do we still have an offer in for him?

Loads of questions but I really want to see Gareth play for Walsall.

Loved the slide across the front of Wacker's goal!!

KH

By CreweSaddler (195.93.33.13) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 11:10 pm: Edit

After todays second half showing, I didn't think Ainsworth caused Zigor many problems, I'm not sure he would be a good signing, anyone else agree?

By Astute Saddler (217.44.83.52) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 11:11 pm: Edit

The BBC write us off and take the p**s, as do the stupid betting companies.
TAKE ADVANTAGE of these morons - yesterday, I was astounded that Littlewoods BetDirect were offering 1500-1 on the Saddlers winning the FA Cup!
Needless to say, I bit their hand off with an each-way bet and now have 1500-1 e/w on a team that has reached the last 16 - absolutely crazy stuff. I'm now in a no-lose position since I have huge headroom to lay off this bet.
BTW they have reduced the odds to 100-1 tonight....

By SheffieldSaddler (195.93.33.13) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 11:58 pm: Edit

What you mean by "I'm now in a no-lose position since I have huge headroom to lay off this bet."?

By Not very astute Saddler (62.7.166.111) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 01:08 am: Edit

I think he means he'll make some money by laying off some or all of the bet. If he keeps his powder dry and waits to see if we reach the last eight, could be quids in.

By Astute Saddler (217.44.83.52) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 01:24 am: Edit

Bloody hell, I thought you were the one person on this site who knew everything there is to know about anything!

In its simplest form, I can offer odds on a site like Betfair AGAINST Walsall to win the FA Cup at, currently, around 100-1 to completely hedge my position i.e. at least cover my stake.

In other words, I win big if the Saddlers get to the final, and I also win (a much smaller amount) if we don't make it.

A no-lose position - quite a common financial strategy if you know what you are doing. The key is being able to spot ridiculously generous odds for your initial bet - 1500-1 for a team that had a very good chance of reaching the last 16 was just plain stupid.

Any the wiser?

By FRANKIE THE LEGEND STUBBS (195.93.33.13) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 01:33 am: Edit

Pleased as punch with the result,Bazeley superb,and Zigor on top form as well.Nice to see no frills doing what he does best....no frills football but effective at that.Did Ainsworth not seem that commited or was that just me, at least he did'nt do what we all feared.Nice movement and a good finish from Driller,desperately need a first division Andy Rammell to give a new dimension up front.Rochdale away would do me nicely Spotland's only 3 miles away, a saturday without travelling would be nice.Onwards and upwards as always!

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.166) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 11:26 am: Edit

I thought it was interesting how Ainsworth hung back at the end, last Wimbledon player to go down the tunnel, and stood and applauded the crowd.

Can we read something into that ?

When he first came on he made that one great run into the box in the first minute or so, left our guys in his wake, but when he got into the box he did not finish it well. Wakker didn't need to make a save at the end of that run did he ?

After that he seemed to do very little really - didn't seem too committed despite what he said in the press the day before. Was he just making a point about his ability with that first mazy run and then go through the motions - is there some underlying reason like he's on his way here - which I am still hoping as I believe he has the pace and trickery to outwit defences at this level.

Bazely was outstanding, as was Barras in his first game back, Driller failed to impress me, but forgiven as he took his goal well, the ball seemed slightly behind him so I thought he did very well to check his run and fire it so well into the corner. Did little else for me though.

Wimbledon were massively disappointing, far below what they showed us in our 2-0 win in December - they could have scored a few that day, Wakker needed to be at his best, and one or two shots skimmed the bar and posts, but not this time.

Now I'd like an easy passage into the next round, take the £125k prize money and get a big one in the last 8.

By Priorslee Saddler (195.92.168.177) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 11:59 am: Edit

Geoof, Ainsworth also applauded the crowd before the game. I remain disappointed at you ignoring my potential business proposition.

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.166) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 12:04 pm: Edit

Sorry Priorslee, was that serious then ? I thought you were taking the proverbial p*** like most people do on here.

You can check out my firm on http://www.wright-co.com

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.166) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 12:22 pm: Edit

Oh also Priorslee, I missed Ainsworth pre-match, it was my first experience in the Purple Stand and I was stuck in an enormous queue getting myself a drink and a Balti Pie. I have gone into much more detail about this on another site, but as people don't seem to like what I said I'll not bother doing the same here.

Suffice it to say I think the stand is magnificent, I found the view great even though I've never been a great fan of the behind the goals perspective on the game, but behind the scenes :

the turnstile provision seems totally inadequate, just 2 at each end to get a potential 2,500 fans in

catering arrangements are also well short of what is needed, at our end just 1 servery with I think 4 over-worked people behind the counter (I presume the same at the other end of the stand) so there was no possible hope of serving everyone within the time-scale of the half-time break - my son and I gave up as we were still well down the queue as the players came back onto the pitch, even though my son had stood in the queue right from the end of the first half

there are nowhere near enough toilet spaces to cope, again there was a sizeable queue still waiting to get into the loos as the second half was starting.

I hope these are only temporary problems and that further additions to all facilities are still to be completed.

By Measwell (213.122.138.159) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 12:38 pm: Edit

Coincidentally Geoff, my first time in the Purple stand as well and that's because the atmosphere has unfortunately disappeared from the terraces now. Quite agree with the comments re turnstiles, catering facilities and having a pee. Totally inadequate, I cannot believe that there will not be any improvement as there is so much unused space on the catering area level. What are the tables with white tableclothes for? It all looks a bit like theatre drinkies during the interval - now theres an idea, why not order our halftime refreshment before the kick off? Nobody would drink anybody elses drinks, would they? What site have been shouting at you - I'll have a read.

By Mksadla (217.41.72.182) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 01:33 pm: Edit

It was my frist time in the new Purple stand too,
left to get myself a Bovril and a Hotdog 5 min's before half-time, and was back in my seat just in time for the second-half to start. So I was standing in the que for 20 min.
Not good.

By Jonesy (62.30.112.2) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 01:53 pm: Edit

Gareth would be excellent, loyal and give 100% every game without fail. The ultimate "tryer" and a player that is revered by every set of fans he has played for. I believe he wants to join the Saddlers and I hope he does. I'm not a Saddlers fan I must add... I am an AFC Wimbledon fan. Gareth plays for the man I hate and will do to my death, Charles Koppel. The same man that told Colin Lee he could take over GA's contract only to change his mind.

MASSIVE thanks for dumping Franchise FC out the FA Cup.

All the best in the next round, I hope Gareth joins you - you'll never see a more fearless player give more for the cause - I promise you that.

By SheffieldSaddler (195.93.33.13) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 03:01 pm: Edit

Hey Geoff you look younger than I thought you would :o)

By cal's a saddler (62.7.121.178) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 05:40 pm: Edit

Ainsworth was sitting for most of the first half outside the dugout somewhat isolated not sure why perhaps he really does want to be a saddler.

By 1933 (213.123.60.17) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 06:00 pm: Edit

Aranalde is in the News of the World team of the day.

By Pelsall Saddler (195.92.168.171) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 06:26 pm: Edit

Still not convinced about signing Ainsworth, myself, although we could do with a pacy right winger.
Having said that, in the first half yesterday, Aranalde and Bazeley fired in loads of crosses, OK, some were not the best cross you will see, but we failed to get on the end of 95 percent of them.
We need someone who can get on the end of a cross, and head the damn ball goalwards.
Anyway, Ainsworth couldn't play for us in the FA Cup, now.

By popperpancake (81.77.155.223) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 09:46 pm: Edit

Decent performance i thought. Everyone has pointed out the players who played well so i wont bother. Zdrilic took his goal very well but he still needs to do more to impress me. I'll take rochdale or one of the big boys at home.

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.166) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 10:29 pm: Edit

Measwell, it's on " thesaddlersfc.tk " site under a thread titled "Purple Stand". I did go off on one a bit actually, probably a bit too much really judging by the reaction I got from some, but I was feeling a bit mad that the Purple Stand experience was a bit of a let down from the "behind the scenes" point of view.

Mksadla, you're obviously the perfect example of what I've been saying since yesterday, 20 mins it took you to get out, get served and get back for the start of the second half - now what would you have done if you'd needed a pee as well, because from personal experience I know it took well over 10 minutes to queue for a spot in the loos and to get back out of there.

Which all means that if we want to see the match, we can't get a pee and food as well, which in turn proves that the facilities aren't adequate.

In my case I had my son queuing for the food while I went to fight my way into the loo, but when I got back he was still miles from the front of the queue and it was close on starting the 2nd half - so we gave up and did without the refreshments. Result, loss of over a fiver in income from me - and who knows how many more did the same as me, and how many never even tried to get anything 'cos they've been there before ?

It needs sorting 'cos it's costing the club money at a time when it needs all it can get for the pitch and CL's team strengthening.

Sheffield, I take it you've looked at my office web-site then mate, did you have a good laugh at that then mate. Thanks for the compliment, though I'd guess you're most likely just taking the p**s !! LoL

Jonesy, thanks for the info. on Ainswortth and for your good wishes which are appreciated. Best of luck to your new club, is it Wimbledon AFC or AFC Wimbledon - I hope they can manage to emulate the Franchise for you and get up the leagues to the Football League - though it's gonna take a while no doubt. Cheers mate.

By Fish (213.1.159.214) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 11:55 pm: Edit

One other thing about Saturday's game, after having a string of crap Ref's game after game, at last we really had a good one. I thought that he handled the game and conditions really well, and where Dowd, Joslin and co were unjustly flashing cards every few minutes, he used his authority in a much more grown-up way.

By Old saddler with a blanket on his knees (213.1.45.10) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 12:41 am: Edit

Geoff why don't you take sandwiches and a flask?
Save some time lad, cheaper too.

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.169) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 02:49 am: Edit

Old Saddler, I really do appreciate your suggestion, and indeed it could be a solution, but I'm trying to say here that the club needs to maximise it's income by providing the facilities to sell as much as possible to as many of us as possible before the game and in that brief "window" of time permitted by the half-time break. I hardly think that me taking a flask and sandwiches will help that cause.

What I do as an individual is hardly likely to make a meaningful difference, but for the record I work Saturdays in my office from 8.30(ish)a.m. to 2.00(ish)p.m. I do not have time while there to spend making sandwiches and flasks, and I don't have time to travel home to Brownhills from my office in Wednesbury in the intervening time to collect any that my wife may be persuaded to prepare for me.

I presume the club would like to make something out of me by providing me with some basic sustinence in exchange for some of my money.

Can they just make available an adequate facility so I can reach the front of the queue and make my purchase within a reasonable time scale. By reasonable I mean that I should be able to watch the first half, buy my refreshments and be back in my seat by second half kick off. Those of us who buy refreshments should be able to do that, the club should know this, it is very basic, but the Purple Stand cannot provide this right now. It just needs to be sorted, and I would add "as soon as possible".

By hullsaddler (212.50.169.233) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 12:03 pm: Edit

Is there anyone out there who could bring a flask for Geoff?

By Neil Ravenscroft (62.172.127.2) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 12:29 pm: Edit

I've only got a stainless steel one and they won't let you take that it, as it's classed as an offensive weapon!

By Saddler (195.93.49.13) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 12:34 pm: Edit

Sounds the sort of thing that'll suit Geoff, Neil.
It'll go with his "offensive" green jacket!
;-)

By Stu (195.92.67.68) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 01:12 pm: Edit

Neil, did they tell you that you couldn't take it in?? My old man gets away with taking his stainless steel flask in every time.

Getting desperate when conversation resorts to flasks! This is your fault Geoff.

By Neil Ravenscroft (62.172.127.2) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 01:42 pm: Edit

It was a while ago, I must admit, so they might have changed their minds since. At that time, they wouldn't let my then 12 year old take a plastic pop bottle in either!

By Sandwich Saddler (194.196.24.253) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 02:44 pm: Edit

What a crap draw - about as pulsating as pop bottles in the Purple.

By Ulster Saddler (212.3.176.14) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 02:53 pm: Edit

How many will we take to the Blades and how many are we gonna win by?
UP THE SADDLERS

By Geoff Whiting (80.177.14.124) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 04:01 pm: Edit

I accept total responsibility Stu.

I do agree about the flasks, will the stewards let us in with one ?

If so, it makes it even more barmy to stop you having bottles, I mean a flask is an altogether heavier and more efficient missile than a small bottle when it comes to hurling it at the ref or the opposing fans ! LoL

Saddler, I don't have a green jacket !!!!!!!

By Tim Wilkes (213.2.51.198) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 04:20 pm: Edit

http://www.masters.org/news/photos/imag ... 00806945.h tml

Geoff,
The dark glasses and ridiculous pseudonym do not fool any of us, mate!

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.170) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 07:10 pm: Edit

LoL, nice one Tim, I wish I was that young and had that much hair - no not Tiger, the other guy !

You're OK Tim, who says accountants have no sense of humour ?

By Phil_G (195.92.168.176) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 08:06 pm: Edit

most people...
except the ones who will shortly be getting the bill for their 'self-assessment'. I bet they think you've got a great sense of humour...

By Shifnalsaddler (62.7.139.121) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 12:11 am: Edit

Ideally it should be a tartan flask, those stainless steel ones aren't the right image for Geoff. The tartan would match the lining of his green coat.

By Exile (203.97.2.243) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 12:40 am: Edit

..and that travel rug.

By Tim Wilkes (213.2.51.198) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 10:51 am: Edit

Sheepskin gloves or leather 'stringback' ones?

Gotta agree with Phil_G, Geoff. I no longer introduce myself as an accountant as I find that people are more receptive when I tell them I work for a wheel-clamping unit.

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.168) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 04:01 pm: Edit

But I know Tim, and I still think you've got a good sense of humour - then again I'm an accountant myself and therefore hardly in a position to judge.

This image thing about me is really odd, everyone's so wide of the mark it's untrue. Jeans and tee-shirts for me, I like my comfort when I'm at work and play - suits in the office though, we have to keep up appearances y'know - no green coats, wellies, leather string-black gloves - Christ some people have weird imaginations !

To overcome your curiosity, why not find me in a suit on my light-hearted business web-site " wright-co.com ". Sheffield's already tried it obviously, so you might as well all have a go, then come back on here and take the •••• out of me even more.

As long as you remember if you give it out, you've got to be prepared to take it back off me ! Do we have a deal ??

Phil_G, how come you're the only one who seems to be able to get those Smileys on here ? I often see people have tried but they just get the symbols showing-up on their posts. What's the secret mate ?

By Tim Wilkes (213.2.51.198) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 04:30 pm: Edit

http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/PD--100 ... Pierce_Bro snan_and_Desmond_Llewelyn.htm?RFID=633434

Geoff, nice to see you have this picture of you and I at last years VAT conference posted on your site, though I'm don't remember being given that gun!

[and yes, it's a slow day here!!]

By Ian Gittins (213.123.125.222) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 04:49 pm: Edit

With A View To A Bill, no doubt.

By Ian Gittins (213.123.125.222) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 04:49 pm: Edit

I bet you're Moonraking it in.

By Exile (203.97.2.243) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:41 am: Edit

Does your Doctor No how bad your sense of humour is Ian?!?!

Another thread falls victim to bad punning. I'll keep my Goldeneye on it to make sure it returns to football, which will happen as long as people get their Goldfinger's out and start posting sense.

This response is not For Your Eyes Only, so cheers all,
Exile

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.169) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 02:54 am: Edit

Tim, you are indeed a total a r s e. Though a good-humoured total a r s e, I have to admit.

Where did you find that James Bond thing from ??

By Tim Wilkes (213.2.51.198) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 11:32 am: Edit

Thanks for those few kind words, Geoff!
I found it on the interweb....it's like a big, global, info-super-motion-highway sort of thing.
Pictures of this sort occupy a section of the interweb the size of Ireland.

By hullsaddler (213.249.160.52) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 02:14 pm: Edit

Geoff ,what are you doing posting at 01.54 am? Surely you should have had your cocoa & been tucked up in bed hours before this!

By Ian Gittins (217.40.212.104) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 04:51 pm: Edit

Yes, Geoff, I suggest you take a long, hard look at yourself.

A sort of self-assessment, if you will.

By Phil_G (194.201.73.1) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 04:53 pm: Edit

but that may be a bit taxing, don't you think?

By Exile (203.97.2.243) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 08:56 pm: Edit

Call himself to account, so to speak.

By JPD (203.18.34.5) on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 04:08 am: Edit

Geoff - is double entry bookkeeping a bit like having a chip on both shoulders?

By Woo Woo Woo (194.117.133.180) on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 09:40 am: Edit

I think we should all make allowances for these accountants.

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.167) on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 11:24 pm: Edit

Sorry I'm so late responding, 31st January is a big day for us, getting in those last odd few (hundred) self assessment returns.

Life has been running on pure adrenaline for the last three or four weeks, now from Feb. 1st accountancy life returns to it's normal level of only-just-above-average excitement !

Can I have a few weeks to get over this JPD, before I answer that double-entry thingy question ? I'm not sure if I'm capable of understanding it yet, let alone answering it mate.

Woo Woo Woo, I'd rather you all PAY allowances for us accountants, life would be much easier for us financially.

Thanks for the ••••-taking guys, having a laugh has helped me get through these very taxing times !

By hullsaddler (212.50.169.67) on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 12:05 am: Edit

The only thing that worries me is my son has just qualified as an accountant and will he end up like Geoff?

By FRS17 Saddler (217.44.83.62) on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 12:14 am: Edit

Rest easy, hullsaddler, I'm an accountant as well but would consider myself the total antithesis of Mr Queuing Theory.

So there is hope.

By Office of National Statistics (213.78.115.253) on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 03:01 pm: Edit

Why is it so many people in the accountancy trade seem drawn to the saddlers. On a pro-rata basis there must be some kind of numerical disbalance surely?

Return to 2002-03 Season