Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Bradford (a) - League - 8th November 2003

Reports and reaction from the 2003-04 season as Walsall finished 22nd (R) in Division 1
Andy
UTS Regular

Bradford (a) - League - 8th November 2003

Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:19 pm

By SheffieldSaddler (195.93.34.9) on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 06:35 pm: Edit

Play anything like we did on Tuesday and this will be another away victory. Although Bradford had the better of the game against Coventry in mid week I feel sure we can come away with the spoils. Sort of match we need to win if we are going to finish in top half.
COME ON SADDLERS!

By Jorge14 (195.93.33.12) on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 06:42 pm: Edit

Yeah, I can definately see us picking up 3 points, hopefully, getting a few goals and a clean sheet in the process.

Sheff, I can see us finishing in the top half for definate. Tuesday really showed me that we have the ability to do that, and you're right, we need to win matches such as this if we are to advance!

And Sheff, when are you going to be back on AIM? I haven't seen you logged on for ages!

By Delves Saddler (82.37.160.201) on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 08:23 pm: Edit

Too often I and my fellow Walsall comrades (God I hate using that word, being a tory!) find ourselves at Walsall station on a Saturday evening after returning from an away match, commenting "what a great day, except for the football again".

I am confident that this won't be the case again tomorrow, but confident with a hint of caution - we have a habit of undoing excellent work/results with silly performances against the poorer teams like Bradford.

By Walsall Supporter (82.37.193.137) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 10:01 am: Edit

Being an away match, and with our past record, I would be happy with a draw

But lets hope they can shock me again,like they did with their Forest performance and we grab the 3 points!

By coxanddrummie (195.93.34.9) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 11:19 am: Edit

Happy with a draw. My word you frighten me with your ambition.
If Walsall don't get the win today Lee should go, every player should go, bonsor should go, get rid of the ground, change our name and start again.

Bradford are a pathetic excuse for a football team, anything but a win would be a disaster

By Geoff Whiting (80.177.14.124) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 12:12 pm: Edit

Oh Christ he's starting again before we've even kicked a ball.

Didn't Bradford draw at Highfield Road on Wednesday, and aren't reports saying they were the better side on the night?

And have the Forest fans called for Hart's resignation after we screwed them last Tuesday?

Football is unpredictable, it's part of why we love it so much, it's about who plays well on the day, not who's played well or badly over the last weeks and/or months.

I hope we win, but I won't go off on one if we don't, as long as we put in 100%.

By SheffieldSaddler (195.93.34.9) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 02:16 pm: Edit

Dummie - You know something you are PATHETIC beyond belief.
The message you have posted above just proves that you are a Blue Nose, no doubt just got up, ready to watch the match on sky.

By Ben Ward (195.195.109.21) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 03:36 pm: Edit

According to teletext messaging the team is:

Walker
Baird
Hay
Ritchie
Vincent
Corica
Lawrence :-(
Samways
Wrack
Birch
Merson

By LarryHaggler (81.134.17.18) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 04:30 pm: Edit

I thought we had a clean bill of health, so why is Hay & Lawrence playing ?
Oh cack they have scored

By Ben Ward (195.195.109.17) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 04:38 pm: Edit

Equalizer: Darren Wrack

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.175) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 05:20 pm: Edit

These changes surely have to be due to injuries or illness. No way can I believe either Roper or Osborn would be out otherwise. I don't recall reading about any injuries after the Forest match though. Stomach bugs are going round lately, so maybe it's that.

Lawrence back in is a real shock, I can only think there must be some psychology going on here, CL perhaps hoping/expecting Lawrence will be properly up for it against his old club. Surely after last week there can be no other reason for putting him back in the side.

By coxanddrummiesdreammaker (195.92.168.177) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 06:49 pm: Edit

STOP PRESS:
Dateline 8 November 2003
Just in.

Colin Lee resigned as Walsall manager today following the clubs disastrous draw at Bradford which leaves them perched precariously close to mid table comfort and only about 4th in the current Division 1 form table.

The entire team also tendered resignations at the same time.

Bonser hasnt so far accepted the resignations, having already left the club after resigning himself immediately after the final whistle.

For Sale signs are already reported appearing around Bescot Stadium.

Latest reports say coxanddrummie is about to launch a bid, reckons hes got £3.75 plus a tube of smarties, a bag of milky way magic stars and a pack of starburst to offer for the club, also claims hes got all the answers to the club's on-field and off-field problems, and full backing of at least 6 fans, possibly even as many as 10.

coxanddrummie is also inviting more fans to back him and suggest a new name for the club - "North Birmingham" has apparently been ruled out because hes already got a club with Birmingham in the name.

By SheffieldSaddler (195.93.34.9) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 07:06 pm: Edit

LOL - Best Post I have read in ages! Well done whoever you are!

By PGtips (194.117.133.9) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 11:10 pm: Edit

Lawrence is now off to the carribean for a week of international football. That is his reward for the mighty contributions over the past few weeks. How desperate Jamaica must be. I find myself irritated by his presence in the side. Today he seemed reluctant to get involved for long periods then suddenty launched himself into a full blooded challange only to dissapear for the next 10 minutes. A strange player indeed. Braford fans seemed to like him though.

For those who didn't go - we should have won. We were well on top by the end of the 1st half but then took our foot of the gas in the 2nd. It seemed like Burnley again as we were forced deeper the longer the game went on. We did look genuinly dangerous on the break though and Birch could have won it on a couple of occasions.

I think Birch was probably the difference between this and other poor away performances such as burnley. Unlike Jorge he always seems to get the ball under control and buys time for the midfield to get up and support him. The ball just comes straight back at us when Jorge plays up front. Merson also seems to have more confidence with Birch.

Are Ropes and Osborn injured?

By Exile (203.167.253.205) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 01:05 am: Edit

This time last year, Law would have been sacked the week before we turned up, and we'd have become another victim of "no manager syndrome", running out 3-0 losers to a resurgent side rediscovering their top form, albeit briefly.

how times change

Cheers all,
Exile

By Neil Ravenscroft (82.37.190.152) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 10:53 am: Edit

He's gone this morning, instead!

By Stu (195.92.67.209) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 11:39 am: Edit

Who wrote the report on the front page? Presumably another person who is pigeon holing Jamie Lawrence yet again, as I spoke to two seperate parties yesterday who said he had a half decent game and certainly seemed more interested.

My one annoyance is that once a player has one single dreadful game, people will then pick up on every single mistake that player makes in every game and remember it, despite the fact that other players may have worse games.

It happened with Tom Bennett, it seems that once you lose the fans, you never get them back.

By OneNil (172.190.39.57) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 11:54 am: Edit

I wrote the report, unlike you I was at the game. If you don't believe me, let's see what other people think:

"As for Jamie Lawrence, he should be slapped on the transfer list along with Darren Bazeley. They are both clearly not good enough to play for the club and their wage is a loss to the club."

"Lawrence on the other hand was absolutely appalling. I cannot understand what his contribution was. He either marked the ref or tried to hide at every opportunity. How on earth he lasted for 90 minutes i will never know."

"Lawrence is not good enough at present."
I rest my case...

By Cannock (62.31.217.58) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 11:59 am: Edit

Stu, I'm afraid that Lawrence was absolutely pants yesterday. Very poor.

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.175) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 12:21 pm: Edit

I think regardless of his form, effort or contribution yesterday, it's a total mystery how he even came to be considered for the game after his zero contribution a week earlier. After all, that wasn't just a loss of form he showed against Norwich, it was a total lack of interest or commitment. The former we can accept, but not the latter.

There's no room for passengers in this division, but from what I've seen, apart from the occasional flash of inspiration, we're certainly carrying one when Lawrence is in the side. Check his ticket CL, I doubt he's got one, so kick him off the bus and don't let him back on for a long long time, at least until he's paid for his ticket by impressing consistently in the reserves.

Wonder what Stefan Oakes has done, to be ranked behind Lawrence? Move Wrack to his natural right side, Oakes in on the left, when we need to cover for injury in these positions.

I'd also have put Emblen alongside Ritchie rather than Hay - presumably Roper was injured or sick, but I've still seen no mention.

By hullsaddler (213.249.212.80) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 12:35 pm: Edit

Lawrence had that one headed effort in the first half and he did run around a bit after the ball at times (headless chicken?),but felt that one of the reasons that bradford were a threat down their left was that Baird was consistently left by himself in space facing 2 players.I assume Lawrence had a role to help him out.
Thought it was a bit of a soft goal we gave away didnt seem much marking in the box for it,but thought that once we equalised that we would go on to win the game.Bradford seemed to have a lot more pressure in 2nd half though think we certainly could have won.I would have subbed lawrence with at least 20 to go,brought Jorge on & dropped Merson back into midfield.Still thinked we showed enough to be a comfortable mid table side.
Did anyone read Law's piece in the programme.
Would certainly put off anyone thinking of taking up management & bit ironic considering he got sack after the game.

By Geordiesaddler (195.92.194.18) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 12:45 pm: Edit

I thought yesterday was an enjoyable game and a decent performance. Ok we should have won, but Bradford were scrapping for their lives and we certainly matched them for effort and in the end looked a better quality team. So long as we put the effort in I'll never complain about the performance. I get the feeling this team is just starting to gel and there's better to come, so can't help but be optimistic. Lawrence was crap though, Wrack, Birch, Baird, excellent. Settle for being a couple of wins off the play-offs at this stage.

By Stu (195.92.67.67) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 12:56 pm: Edit

Onenil, I was not criticising. I was just surprised as I'd been told he had a so-so game and I hadn't seen much saying he was crap. No need to take it personally.

Must admit, I was surprised he started a little. I spose Lee was trying to play mind games and see if he could get a reaction from him against his former club, which is fair do's.

Unfortunately, it now seems that Lawrence has just ran out of time and only has himself to blame.

By SheffieldSaddler (195.93.34.9) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 01:21 pm: Edit

At end of day I think it shows the lack of a quality players that we need in the squad.
We had O'Neil doing this job, who was pure quality, no chance of him coming back, so that really leaves us with only Corica and Lawrence in this position.
At the moment, its basically Corica as Lawrence is totally out of sorts.We have 2 weeks to sort this problem out. Either a loan signing or some very strong words to Lawrence.
Our forward line does not score enough goals, thus making this position of a forward/creative midfielder even more important to us.

By Cannock (62.31.216.51) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 01:23 pm: Edit

Absolutely right Hull Saddler

By beechdale_Saddler (213.48.84.16) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 01:25 pm: Edit

I went yesterday and along with Grimsby last year its probably one of the most coldest footie matches ive been at. You lot probably wont agree but i think im coming down with something I think its cold when its hot!
I dont agree with some posts I dont think Lawrence was that bad yesterday, probably his best performance in a walsall shirt this season. I thought Stevie had his best game since WBA. Baird was good coming forward but was poor defending against their best player. Ritchie was outstanding again he looked after a dodgy Hay. Wwracky,Birch,Samways and Merson all gave reasonable perfomances. My only concern is why does Colin continue to bring on a sub in the last minute, his subs never really turn games.
Good performance, enjoyable game shame about the ref. (he was from yorkshire, probably lived behind the b & bingley stadium!)

By Stu (195.92.67.67) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 02:14 pm: Edit

The point of a last minute sub is to waste time and kill a game off, maybe slow momentum down for the opposition if they're upping the tempo.

Thats what yesterday's sub was for. Shows Lee's current lack of confidence in Jorge to come on and do a job.

By beechdale_Saddler (213.48.84.174) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 02:23 pm: Edit

Well thats cleared that up. What was the Emblen sub for at Sunderland when we needed a goal? Hes done it alot lately with no impact what so ever made.

By coxanddrummie (195.93.33.162) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 03:20 pm: Edit

What a pathetic performance and the inclusion of Lawrence is mind boggling.
Ive heard Walsall need some sweeper uppers for the terraces after the game. I wouldn't even give him that job.
Im finding it very boring lately with the inconsistency of Walsall. Im not having us turn into a mediocre team. i will not tolerate it although it would be bliss for all you boring so and so's.
Ive judged this league now and seen most teams in it. Anything less than a top 6 finish would be a terrible season in pathetic standard that division 1 is at the moment.

By Stu (195.92.67.74) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 04:45 pm: Edit

Change the record, getting boring now.

By coxanddrummie (195.93.50.159) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 04:53 pm: Edit

Err Stu, change the record. Have you read your posts lately.
You have to be the most boring man this planet has ever seen. Your comments resemble a guardian match report.
Why don't you climb of that fence of yours mate or perhaps just be a real rebel and brush yer teeth just once a day instead of 2. It's a start eh.

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.167) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 05:20 pm: Edit

This c&d guy is a classic, reading the style of his posts pre and post-match, he is definitely just doing a wind up - we should leave him to it this time, not bite!

By Stu (195.92.67.69) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 05:23 pm: Edit

C&D, if I brushed them just once a day, I'd end up with yellow teeth like you! I don't want that.

By Geordiesaddler (195.92.194.12) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 05:27 pm: Edit

C and D, we are level with our highest ever finish in the history of the club at present, is that boring? If so then what is your opinion on the last 115 years? Moreover we had players on that pitch yesterday who are surely the lowest earners in the division - I bet Birch isn't even on decent conference money, so why should we be top six? other than we have a fantastic manager who consistently gets the most out of the most limited resources.

By coxanddrummie (195.93.33.163) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 07:00 pm: Edit

Geoff have you ever thought that perhaps im a man of real passion and that im saying what I really feel.
I know you may find that difficult due to your personality disorder. it is of course possible that someone can have an opinion of there own without feeling the need to talk like a pundit on match of the day like you do.
Ive had the displeasure of reading your posts Geoff and i could just as well say that you were a wind up. After all there could not possibly be a more boring person than you so therefore it must be a wind up
By the way is Stu your brother or your partner perhaps.

By SheffieldSaddler (195.93.33.12) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 08:00 pm: Edit

No Stu and Geoff are my partners. In crime....

By reading saddler dreaming (195.112.44.163) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 08:06 pm: Edit

c and d its an obvious seek of attention anyone who feels like that obviously either doesnt understand the game or maybe there is a parallel universe out there and your supporting a walsall with the likes of darren huckerby, shaun goater and there very own 50 thousand stadium (obviously made out of pure glass)gloriously standing over walsall town.

By Cal's a saddler (81.131.130.114) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 08:11 pm: Edit

If the saddlers are so boring to you C&D why dont you go try winding up some other website coz you are getting very tedious in you ramblings! If as you allege you are, a saddlers fan, pack in whinging at everyone and everything and get behind the team.

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.173) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 08:57 pm: Edit

C&D, I don't know why I'm wasting even more time on you really, frankly you're not worth another minute, but my suggestion to others that we should all ignore you is worth clarifying. It's based on two utterly crazy posts you've put on this thread that have proven to me beyond any doubt that you are no more than a total wind-up merchant. I'll remind you and everybody :

Firstly:
"Happy with a draw. My word you frighten me with your ambition. If Walsall don't get the win today Lee should go, every player should go, bonsor should go, get rid of the ground, change our name and start again. Bradford are a pathetic excuse for a football team, anything but a win would be a disaster"

Secondly:
"Im not having us turn into a mediocre team. i will not tolerate it although it would be bliss for all you boring so and so's. Ive judged this league now and seen most teams in it. Anything less than a top 6 finish would be a terrible season in pathetic standard that division 1 is at the moment."

and finally :

"Geoff have you ever thought that perhaps im a man of real passion and that im saying what I really feel"

No Dummie, I haven't thought that, no real Walsall fan could possibly say the crazy things you say and really mean them.

What I do think though, after the last week of your posts and responses to me and others, is that I believe you are a Walsall fan, but with a difference, one that gets satisfaction out of winding everyone else up, feeding them false information, like the e-mail to Sheff saying you are a Blues fan, and the conversation on the 'net with Jorge 14 when you said you hope Walsall lose every game under Colin Lee.

As "readingsaddlerdreaming" says above, you are just an attention seeker who will say anything that comes into his head to provoke an argument. It's not me with the personality disorder mate, look at yourself, it's you.

Within the last 3 hours you've told Stu "You have to be the most boring man this planet has ever seen" and said about myself that "there could not possibly be a more boring person than you" - in fact you don't know from one minute to the next what you are talking about, you obviously just jump from one controversial post to another totally oblivious to the fact you are completely contradicting yourself.

Were you around here last year C&D? Have you any idea who was voted the best poster of the year on this site?

I was around Dummie, and I know - and this afternoon you've called him "the most boring man this planet has ever seen" - the bloke who was voted the most knowledgeable and the best contributor on here.

Quite a popular bloke you know, but you think he's boring, I'd say you're in a minority of approximately ONE. We can all obviously trust your judgement then - NOT.

Now stuff you and you're wind-ups, quit all this stupid b*ll*cks, I hope everyone, once and for all, will start to ignore it so we can get back to posting some decent sensible stuff about the Saddlers.

Anyone got a current Division 1 form table we can discuss? I guess from c&d's comments that we must be around bottom spot!

By reading saddler (195.112.44.163) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 09:33 pm: Edit

if we are talking about form then we need to definitley bring up darren wrack (WOW!!!).Wasn't he meant to be leaving at the end of last season? and c and d who?

By Primal Scream Saddler (195.93.33.153) on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 10:53 pm: Edit

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE ALL DOING MY HEAD IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By SheffieldSaddler (195.93.34.9) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 12:19 am: Edit

Lets get back to football. We are only a small amount of points from the top 10 and the play offs.
Thats surely worth shouting from the roof tops!
We are one of the form teams in the first division table at the moment.
Our next matches are against Palace, Rotherham, Bradfordand Wimbledon!
More points to add to our collection. This time in 4 matches time Walsall FC WILL be in the top half of division one.
Something to celebrate - I THINK SO.

By popperpancake (81.79.174.181) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 12:24 am: Edit

I agree with primal scream.

By steelmass (80.225.93.182) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 01:01 am: Edit

this cox and drummie sounds like he was chased by the wolves after the game on sat anyone want to do a whip round and buy david blaines box so we can lock him in and suspend him over the m6

Steem

By Exile (203.167.253.205) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 02:43 am: Edit

I went down Toys'R'Us to get a David Blaine doll. I had to take it back after a week - I couldn't get it out of the box!

By BLACK FLAT (194.203.67.97) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 10:58 am: Edit

MERSE AND BIRCHEY LOOK A PROMISING FORWARD LINE
SHAME WE COULDNT PUT THE CHANCE AWAY AT THE END
BUT IT WAS A GOOD SAVE.I THOUGHT LAWRENCE TRIED
BUT JUST DOESNT MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO THE TEAM IN
ANYWAY.I THOUGHT WE PLAYED WELL IF NOTHING SPECIAL
BUT WHACKER HAD LITTLE TO DO.
MY ONLY GROAN I WISH STEVE CORICAWHOULD TRY TO
SHOOT WHEN HE GETS THE CHANCE.

MAYBE GARY ONEILL MAY COME BACK DURING THE SEASON
IF HE GOES TO THE UNDER 21S COMP PORTSMOUTH MAY HAVE A FEW PLAYERS BACK BY THEN

By Delves Saddler (194.73.163.108) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 11:19 am: Edit

Exactly Sheff. And two of them are at home.

C&D is either a wind-up merchant or a schizophrenic, as some of his posts have been quite sensible recently but all of a sudden he is back to the vitriol.

I have to say that I thought Lawrence was poor again, and some Bradford fans commented to me after that he isn't the same player they had in terms of effort. He wasn't as bad as against Norwich but he still doesn't deserve a place in the team after another shoddy showing.

Overall, a comfortable point with no particularly ouststanding performances from any player - just a solid team performance against a team who are fighting for their division one status (let's face it, they will be down there come May) and their manager's job (Nicky Law was obviously in last chance saloon).

Still no word on the absence of Roper or Osborn.....

By Delves Saddler (194.73.163.108) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 11:20 am: Edit

Thanks for the texts, Geoff.

By Stu (13.16.137.10) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 11:29 am: Edit

I was speaking to my Pompey mate last night. He reckons O'Neill will probably be shipped out after the New Year.

During his spell away with England U'20s, Pompey have both Nigel Quashie and Valeriy Smertin (the bloke Chelsea paid £3.5m and loaned straight out) returning from injury.

He reckons they're both ahead of O'Neill in the pecking order and that O'Neill will probably find himself out of the first XVI again.

So, we have some hope yet.

By Neil Ravenscroft (82.37.190.152) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 01:54 pm: Edit

Roper had a stomach bug, according to the Evening Mail and Osborn hadn't recovered from a knock as expected.

By Manchester Saddler (213.106.179.33) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 02:14 pm: Edit

C&D you are a prize pratt! Why I said "Well done" after your post for the Forest match I don't know. Once again you've proved that you are nothing more than an ar$e with a bizarrely stupid view of Walsall FC. How long have you supported the Saddlers? Looks like this is your first season - perhaps the rumours of your being a Blue are true. You are entitled to your opinion but when your opinion is stupid, people shouldn't bother even reading it.

I suggest the rest of us ignore his comments and consign him to the same pigeon hole as that other ar$e Meir Joke (who is surprisingly quiet now his team are beneath us).

Let's get on! Walsall in the top half of the table in two weeks? I think so!!!

Come on you Saddlers!!!

By steelmass (134.220.2.2) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 02:35 pm: Edit

anyone remember jhonny barracuda now there was a enlightend individual

By Dave Roe (217.37.14.235) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 02:45 pm: Edit

He now posts as sj.

By coxanddrummie (195.93.34.9) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 02:56 pm: Edit

If you are reading this Mr Jamie Lawrence i am setting you a challenge. I WANT TO FIGHT YOU.
That's right, anytime, anyplace, anywhere im ready for you.
I am not happy that you have robbed me and other fans of our hard earned money and feel that it is the only way i can settle my utter disgust with you.

I await your acceptance on my challenge.

By Dave Roe (217.37.14.235) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 03:00 pm: Edit

What an utter prat !

Any chance we can have this dumbhead banned from the board for inciting violence ?

By Geoff Whiting (80.177.14.124) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 03:52 pm: Edit

Yes steelmass, he's still around here regularly. jonny barracuda was previously sjlawton13 and is now just plain sj, still posting.

He's a really decent guy, quite normal face to face but likes to have fun by being a bit controversial on here sometimes.

By reading saddler (194.80.76.1) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 03:53 pm: Edit

And the magic 50 points is not a spec in the horizion

By beechdale_saddler (62.31.216.51) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 04:06 pm: Edit

C & D can i exchange places with Lawrence and accept your challenge. After a few beatings you might see sense and start supporting the saddlers. Ill echo what other people have said in three weeks we could be in the top 12 ithin 3 points of the play-offs so get behind the team in what could be a very happy christmas!

By Geoff Whiting (80.177.14.124) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 04:27 pm: Edit

Sorry Dave, I got interrupted posting my last item, by the time I got back to it and posted you'd already put the information up about sj.

As for c&d Dave, as you know on here we're always defending people's rights to their differing opinions, even when we strongly disagree with 'em, but things like that last post from c&d can hardly be described as "opinion", he's just attention-seeking again, I'd say let's ignore him (that's just an opinion though )

By BLACK FLAT (194.203.67.97) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 04:50 pm: Edit

maybe jamie lawrence related to the old england
cricketer syd lawrence who was about 18stone and
six foot six,he caught stand in for the bout.

if hes off to jamacia he may come back a new man
if he has some of the herbal medicine there

wasnt bradfords crowd one of the worst for support
that wevw seen at 1-0up they were booing there
own team nice steak pie though

By SheffieldSaddler (195.93.33.167) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 06:38 pm: Edit

Well its nice to be proved right again. The pathetic, stupid, immature, foul and abusive posts from Dummie proves that he is not a true Saddler.
So, I am not the most popular Saddler on here, but at least I am one. I would not slag off any team member, the manager or the team itself to such extremes as a certain other person does.
To advocate fighting with a Walsall player, advocate setting up a certain part of the ground for hooligans. Its ridiclous.
Not only that, his posts are bringing the good tone and excellent reviews this board as had in the past.

By coxanddrummie (195.93.50.166) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 07:50 pm: Edit

My word Sheff have i ruined the good tone of the posts on this board.
Would that be your Tw*t, Pr*at, Sh*t, stance that you so often take.
As for you Geoff. Ive lost count of how many times you have suggested that people should ignore my posts. Can YOU please as from now ignore them because you are boring me senseless with your messages as it is without constantly adding this " ignore him message ".

My comments on Jamie Lawrence were of course tongue in cheek and i would in no way condone violence. It was just a way of reflecting my disgust in this pathetic man who is ROBBING our pockets.

Can't we all just have a laugh and joke from time to time and have the ability to laugh at ourselves without continuosly playing Mr self righteous all the time.

By steve blick (81.79.128.12) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 08:23 pm: Edit

There's some good blokes on here ( and women ) who actually speak sense,who seem to know what their talking about,but you coxy,i think you should grow up.
Asking people for fights is something i'd expect to hear in the playground not on an intelligent message board.
Walsall FC doesn't need fans like you ( i say fans cause i doubt you actually support - as in paying for a ticket instead of listening to the game on the radio )
I actually agree with you on your comments about Jamie Lawrence.I know we all have our rights to opinions but surely something more constructive is better than slagging off everyone.
Personally JL shouldn't play for the club again.Mind you Colin Lee is a bit of a tit for giving him a 3 year contract in the first place ( if thats wrong i stand corrected )
I can't for life of me understand why CL doesn't play Neil Emblen,whether at the back or in midfield...PHEW

By Purple Pete (81.134.44.14) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 08:40 pm: Edit

Thats an interesting post about O'Neill stu, I was thinking that could happen. In view of the way he has progressed since coming to Walsall I would think that any manager would consider sending up and coming stars to us to get match practice.

There is no question about it, the saddlers are a far better team when they have a lift in confidence and are not looking over their shoulders all match.

Who knows where we will finish, my £100 at 18-1 in the handicap betting could still produce the goods!

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.175) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 09:26 pm: Edit

You know something Dummie, it doesn't take me to bore you senseless, you were totally senseless before I even got started!

But basically, in your case, I don't give a sh*t, I think I'd rather just keep up the pressure.

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.175) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 09:46 pm: Edit

Thought this was interesting. Yes I know Dummie, it's boring to you (a) 'cos I'm posting it, and (b) 'cos it doesn't tell the sort of story you like.
But there you go, I can't help you with everything Maybe some others might like to see it anyway.

Division One form table, and us 3rd, even above Albion on equal points but better goals scored.

Don't know if this will come out in alignment (probably not), and apologies for cribbing it off another site, but here goes :

P W D L F A GD P
Norwich 5 4 0 1 9 4 5 12 WWWWL
Cardiff 5 3 2 0 10 3 7 11 WDWDW
Walsall 5 3 1 1 9 5 4 10 DWLWW
West Brom 5 3 1 1 8 4 4 10 WDWLW
Gillingm 5 3 0 2 8 7 1 9 WLWWL
Reading 5 3 0 2 6 5 1 9 WLWLW
Preston 5 2 2 1 8 5 3 8 DWWDL
Sheff Utd 5 2 2 1 7 5 2 8 WWDLD
Ipswich 5 2 2 1 11 10 1 8 DLDWW
Wigan 5 2 1 2 7 4 3 7 LWLDW
Coventry 5 1 4 0 5 3 2 7 DDDWD
Millwall 5 2 1 2 5 5 0 7 LWDWL
Watford 5 2 1 2 6 7 -1 7 DLWLW
Crewe 5 2 1 2 4 6 -2 7 LLWDW
Sunderlnd 5 1 3 1 3 2 1 6 DWDLD
Wimbledon 5 2 0 3 5 13 -8 6 LWLWL
Rotherham 5 1 2 2 4 6 -2 5 WLLDD
Forest 5 1 2 2 5 8 -3 5 DLLWD
West Ham 5 0 4 1 7 8 -1 4 LDDDD
Burnley 5 0 3 2 5 11 -6 3 LDDDL
Bradford 5 0 2 3 3 6 -3 2 DDLLL
Stoke 5 0 2 3 5 9 -4 2 LDDLL
Palace 5 0 2 3 5 12 -7 2 DLLLD
Derby 5 0 1 4 4 13 -9 1 DLLLL

No, it won't align, maybe someone can tell me how to do that

By cat3 (218.102.39.130) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 09:46 pm: Edit

O'neil is superb, the way he runs though is a bit jerky, his hands are not flapping in and out; it's a bit odd which sort of makes me laugh. His form was dandy along side with Berger. No contest by Leeds. Total poor play with lone striker upfront of Smith to handle the back 4. That's how Reid got burn today with a 6-1 lost. He entirely lost it with the tactics. I suppose Harry want to show him a thing or two..

Anyhow, Sads did okay with Bradford, but I expected more on away games with our current form. We need to fight continuously when we are on rival turfs. If we can't win enough games on away, we might as well get stuck in mid table. We need to reach 40 points by half way point. This is a must to keep ourselves aim high for the contest of top 6 spots. So come on people, let's get up and start getting those points we need. Go Go Sads! Wake up and start believing yourselfs and make all of us proud!!!

By Exile (203.167.253.205) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 10:14 pm: Edit

I expected more too, but 1 point is not to be sniffed at.

Remarkably poor taste shown by the C&D fellow - exhortation to violence never a funny subject really, and in terms of humour I expected more there too! Still, hopefully a lesson learnt.

Cheers all,
Exile

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.173) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 10:20 pm: Edit

Couldn't have put it better myself cat3, absolutely excellent !

Exile, hopefully a lesson learnt ? I doubt it, don't hold your breath mate.

By Welsh_Saddler (213.122.138.108) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 10:35 pm: Edit

My season-long wager is still looking good, as the saddlers are 110% of the target necessary to reach 53 points. I can see a table at the Stumble absolutely FULL of drinkies for all sensible members of the "club", and the drinkies are getting bigger!!!

So far, played 18, got 23 points.
Games to come 28, we need 30 more points.

Easy?????

Oh, and Geoff, please please don't invite that CoxDummy person; I've refrained from commenting too much, but his postings are becoming way way wide of the mark of late. In my humble opinion he can not consider himself to be a genuine Saddlers supporter - I certainly don't rate him/her as one.

By Geoff Whiting (195.92.168.176) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 10:44 pm: Edit

Well we're certainly agreed there Welsh Saddler. I think we should ignore him ! Oops, sorry, there I go again, just a slip !

By lee54 (82.37.177.104) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 11:05 pm: Edit

5 points off playoffs come on prem-here we come
then champions leauge any body comming 2 real madrid 2 c the saddlers take on the spanish crap
my prodiction is europe in 4 years time come on lets liv the dream

By one ambitious but confident saddler (213.48.83.111) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 01:33 am: Edit

I agree with a few posts, we have always looked at the teams below us to see who we could finish above, I think its now time to look at the Forests, Millwall's and Prestons, and try to catch these up. How football is going lately with the demise of Wimbledon,Derby and Coventry i cannot see why we cant compete for "free" players and try to push for that illusive play-off place!
Before people come on here saying, walk before you can run. I think weve done that by being 5 points off the play-offs, its time to change how we go into games. WE CAN BE AS GOOD AS MILLWALL AND FOREST.
UPTHESADDLERS

By cat3 (218.102.21.145) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 10:26 am: Edit

Only Sheff United is hard to beat, the rest is a piece of cake. We can top all the other teams in first, we just have to believe and we shall win at ease. One shot at a time, we will keep on attacking and the keeper is just invisible to us by all means. We will topple them all... Go go sads! Forget c&d, he's a cracker in need of a real tune-up check. He's breaking loose. Up the Saddlers! We got Merse and he's a total gladiator~~~!

By Delves Saddler (194.73.163.108) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 10:47 am: Edit

I don't see why C&D shouldn't be invited to the night out. As people have said on here, in the flesh we can be completely different in temperament and character to when we are behind a keyboard (Sheff, for example, according to others). Besides, it would be easier for him to make us understand his opinions when face to face.

By SheffieldSaddler (195.93.35.163) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 11:42 am: Edit

Delves - The night outs are for Walsall Fans, thats the whole point. We dont want other supporters of Midland teams on them.

By Delves Saddler (194.73.163.108) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 01:02 pm: Edit

Meir Stoke was invited.

By Dave Roe (217.37.14.235) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 02:23 pm: Edit

I say invite him, it would be interesting to see/hear him/her in real life.

By Geoff Whiting (80.177.14.124) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 03:19 pm: Edit

Can I please clear up a little misunderstanding once and for all.

I just organise these Nights Out, by which I mean I suggest dates, book the restaurant, e-mail people, sort out the numbers etc.

I do not invite people - it is not my place to decide who comes and who doesn't - these are NOT MY parties.

I have my own opinions on certain people, and they on me, but those are irrelevant, and I know from experience that such opinions can change completely when people meet face to face.

All I do is tell the regulars and put details on the message boards to bring the Nights Out to everyone's attention. At the end of the day those who want to come invite themselves.

So it's up to C&D, Meir Stoke, Britannia Bob if they want to come, if they do they'll be made welcome and we'll all get along fine as long as no-one "acts the prat".

I am always very happy to meet and sit down with any Saddlers fan, and for that matter any fans of other clubs, who fancy a good social night with a decent meal and a few drinks together, while talking about football or anything else that comes to mind, and treating one another with courtesy and respect. I hope (and believe) that this is broadly how everyone else feels, that has attended before. I think that's why the Nights Out have so far been a great success, and why the numbers who want to be involved are rapidly increasing.

I think we may be up from 10 last time to 20 or more this time - need I say more ?

If you are interested, e-mail me on :

[email protected]

Friday 21st November is the date - Fan's Cantonese Restaurant, Walsall Road, Bridgtown, Cannock is the place - and 7.15 - 7.30 is the time.

I have to finalise numbers soon, can you all e-mail me with a definite confirmation please.

By Bristol Saddler (217.161.104.2) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 03:56 pm: Edit

This website is becoming C&D.com!

By Delves Saddler (194.73.163.108) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:18 pm: Edit

And a grand job you do too, geoff.

What I meant was I don't see why C&D shouldn't be welcome to the night out.

By Cannock (213.48.83.75) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 05:15 pm: Edit

Geoff, Am i the exception to the rule then. I thought my role on the nights out was "to act the prat". I can't help it , it just comes naturally.

By popperpancake (81.134.164.120) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 05:41 pm: Edit

Geoff, do you think you could be a party organiser in the Nicholas Meikle manner?

By Geoff Whiting (80.177.14.124) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 07:10 pm: Edit

Cannock, we take it for granted that you will act the prat mate, it's become traditional. But I'm sure you know I meant "act the prat" in an unpleasant sense, rather than in you own uniquely stupid way

Popperpancake, I have lived a very sheltered life obviously, describe for me the Nicholas Meikle manner, and I'll tell you if I can do it mate.

By Geoff Whiting (80.177.14.124) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 07:15 pm: Edit

Oh sorry Delves, nearly missed you out. I agree, I don't see why C&D shouldn't be welcomed either.

By Exile (203.167.253.205) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 07:59 pm: Edit

Blimey, Geoff, i thought EVERYONE knew Nicholas Meikle.

He's the one who organises drug-fuelled non-consensual orgies (allegedly) for premiership football stars in London for the weekend with nothing to do. And has sex with teenage girls with idol fixations.

Cheers all
Exile

By Phil_G (195.92.168.167) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 08:22 pm: Edit

On a completely unrelated subject, did anyone hear the Chelsea fans singing "you only score in a hotel" on Sunday?

BTW Exile, for geoff to replace said Nicholas Meikle, wouldn't the girls' have idle fixations?

By Exile (203.167.253.205) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 08:38 pm: Edit

insert appropriate green coat joke here.

By Chris Owen (213.48.84.112) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 11:31 pm: Edit

I don't know Exile - you with your modest churchgoing upbringing and all...

Fensaddler

By Stu (195.92.67.66) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 11:53 pm: Edit

Sorry for going back to football. But I see that Reading have also transfer listed Nathan Tyson for some reason. Presume his face doesnt fit with Coppell, if we had any pennies to rub together I'd like to spend them on him. Has impressed against us, won an England U'20/21 cap last season didn't he? Young, pacy, direct. Just what we could do with out wide. Wonder how much they want for him.

By popperpancake (81.77.250.38) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 12:40 am: Edit

Too right Stu...always looked good to me. And they can't want to much money in the current climate. Still it's highly unlikely, if not impossible.

By Jeff Bonser (81.131.121.77) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 12:42 am: Edit

If it's more than a fiver you can forget it, son.

Return to 2003-04 Season