Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Northampton Town (H) 28th April, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2017-2018 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
PT
Site Addict

Re: Northampton Town (H) 28th April, 3pm

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:47 pm

They needed to win and in chasing that win they left loads of space. We actually used that space well and created a fair few good situations.

Up until their manager blinked first though (75 mins or so) they had outplayed us. Thank heavens for Liam Roberts.

And then that moment. Wow. Relief, joy, euphoria - I dunno what it was but blimey a stark reminder of why we all do this.

Can confirm limbs followed by singing in the central bit of the middle tier. That’s what it meant. :D

UTS Legend

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:50 pm

swampysaddler wrote:http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/11351451/walsall-1-0-northampton

For overseas Saddlers without VPN:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18LH0aB ... p=drivesdk

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:51 pm

scott_powell wrote:Phil doesn’t celebrate important victories. Why would you? What would fan would enjoy a potential season saving victory? Why?! We should all go on the internet and tweet Mole absolute beans ...

“Now that that’s over @Daniel__Mole, resign and take your cretinous leach of a boss with you. The way you’ve treated fans this season brings shame to our club. You get no credit from me for survival and should shoulder the blame for this mess“

You really are a pathetic twerp. I presume you didn’t celebrate the Southampton survival day then? Anyone fancy looking through the old match day thread to see?

Embarrassment of a supporter you.

Who said I don't celebrate important victories? I think you'll find you've just made that up. I'm happy and relieved to have won, but I'm disgusted at the leadership team of the club this season, and it's important they know they've failed the fans in the last two years.

Unlike you, I don't go overboard at 1 goal after a crappy season, and I'm able to see the bigger picture.

Still, roll on next season, when you'll most probably believe all the "biggest budget ever" stuff then be crying by mid October.
Last edited by Welsh_Saddler on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language amendment

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:52 pm

State of you. Seriously. Sad sad man.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:53 pm

PT wrote:They needed to win and in chasing that win they left loads of space. We actually used that space well and created a fair few good situations.

Up until their manager blinked first though (75 mins or so) they had outplayed us. Thank heavens for Liam Roberts.

And then that moment. Wow. Relief, joy, euphoria - I dunno what it was but blimey a stark reminder of why we all do this.

Can confirm limbs followed by singing in the central bit of the middle tier. That’s what it meant. :D

One of the Northampton press guys on twitter was pointing out afterwards 0-0 would've kept things alive with the other results e.g. beat Oldham next week and Rochdale not winning would've been enough for Northampton.

State of their GD meant a win for them wouldn't have been much better than 0-0, still below Oldham etc.

Inexperience of their caretaker showed then.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:55 pm

scott_powell wrote:State of you. Seriously. Sad sad man.

Coming from you?

:D :D :D :D

Havent you got a date with El_Nombre tonight, or are you two sleeping in separate rooms tonight?

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:02 pm

philthesaddler wrote:

Coming from you?

Havent you got a date with El_Nombre tonight, or are you two sleeping in separate rooms tonight?

Mate, me and Scott are both opposite ends of the spectrum. I disagree with virtually everything he says.

And we both think you are chatting beans. Let that sink in for a sec lol.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:06 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

Coming from you?

Mate, me and Scott are both opposite ends of the spectrum. I disagree with virtually everything he says.

:lol:

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:08 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

Coming from you?

Precisely - you are both at the extremes of the spectrum, I'm the centrist, the balanced one, the one who can see the value in todays win, but also the downright awful performance of the board in the last 24 months.

But enjoy your cuddle tonight, I'll be back when Scott is having his next break-down/argument with another poster...

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:13 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

Coming from you?

Precisely - you are both at the extremes of the spectrum, I'm the centrist, the balanced one, the one who can see the value in todays win, but also the downright awful performance of the board in the last 24 months.

But enjoy your cuddle tonight, I'll be back when Scott is having his next break-down/argument with another poster...

Phil is just a massive Scunthorpe. I had the horrible experience of sitting next him him at Chelsea at home. Spent all match abusing Chelsea players trying to be hilarious. Pretty sure you claimed you’d shagged half the players moms? Pathetic. You’re talking cack as per usual. Look like a twerp on here and twitter too. Well done.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:13 pm

Back on topic

What a bloody result.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:16 pm

Spectrum is a figure of speech in this context. This isn’t politics, there isn’t a right left or centre with football.

There is winning and losing. And I’m fudge delighted we won, don’t know about you.

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:22 pm

Did anyone see Mullet head at the game today. Because the asset raiding twerp evaded the abuse he richly deserves on the back of the late goal. Don't forget who put us into the cack in the first place.

UTS Legend

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:24 pm

Savour the goal in slow motion.

https://youtu.be/ZXAGRYfhbL0

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:26 pm

scott_powell wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

Coming from you?

Phil is just a massive Scunthorpe. I had the horrible experience of sitting next him him at Chelsea at home. Spent all match abusing Chelsea players trying to be hilarious. Pretty sure you claimed you’d shagged half the players moms? Pathetic. You’re talking cack as per usual. Look like a twerp on here and twitter too. Well done.

Thanks for highlighting perfectly your level of intelligence, because from what you say you’ve never stood next to me, but by all means carry on with your paranoid delusions.

By the way, are you keeping a tally of the people on this board who you’ve called a Scunthorpe this season? You must be nearing a milestone. Hope you’re not expecting a party, cos not many would turn up...

On a serious note - Scott, seek help, you clearly have issues dealing with opinions that differ from yours. It’s not healthy, I have my opinions on WFC, and I don’t care what people think, you seem to get very wound up by people you’ve never met over trivial issues, for your mental happiness I think you should probably take a step back and chill.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:41 pm

Guest wrote:Savour the goal in slow motion.

See that prat taking his baby with him for his pitch invasion moment? :D

Well done the lads. Nearly safe.

chunkster
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Baka taking his shirt off as if HE had scored it :lol: showed a bit of passion though :wink:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:46 pm

I hadn't realised until the third viewing of the goal that not only did Dobson score it, he also played the wide ball to Bakayoko from deep in his own half and then made up the distance by a run that speaks volumes for his fitness considering this was in time added on after 90 minutes!!

UTS :D

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Baka pretending he's scored the goals now, bless him. :lol:

Good pass though and brilliant finish from Dobson.

Just can't get over Northampton pushing everyone else up at that stage, 0-0 and they'd still have a very good chance of stopping up. Does no-one own phones or radios over there?! :lol:

PT
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:05 pm

Exile wrote:
Guest wrote:Savour the goal in slow motion.

See that prat taking his baby with him for his pitch invasion moment? :D

Well done the lads. Nearly safe.

Ha ha. Just noticed the man and baby at 38 seconds. You can imagine the conversation:

1pm - the family kitchen-

“ we’ll be fine love. My first Walsall game was when I was two. She’s in safe hands”
“ well OK, you just be careful with her. I know how daft you can get about the football”
“ Honestly, you always think the worst of me. What on Earth do you think I’m going to do? Invade the pitch and leave her?”
“Sorry love, I just worry. Enjoy the game you two and Up The Saddlers”

4:49 - Banks’s Stadium - Tile Choice Lower

“. Yeeeeessss. Now bab, I promised your mom I wouldn’t leave ya, so we’re going on together. Over the wall. Yaaaaaaay”

6pm . Back home

“Enjoy the game you two?”
“It was brilliant. Last minute winner. She’s a lucky mascot. Should come every week. And look. Back in one piece. Safe and sound. I told you not to worry”.
“ I know. I Was being silly. Knew you’d be sensible really”.
Whistles.

Whitters
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Guest wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/11351451/walsall-1-0-northampton

Cheers Guest - you're my "poster of the season" for the highlights you give us.

How did we not lose that - maybe the posts they hit should be preserved for posterity.
Great ball from Baka for the goal and brilliant shot by Dobson.

coop63
Glitterati

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:42 pm

Cowshed wrote:Great atmosphere for a game at national league quality but a very intelligent team selection by mr Keates

Kory Roberts at left back gave us more height and a solid look at the back as did Devlin in midfield

Credit the players effort and energy as compared to Northampton we made no subs in normal time this being one of the benefits of a young team

Bakayoko struggled to hold the ball up but made some strong runs late on you have to give him that and of course the assist was composed

Thanks have to go to two posts, a bar and the back of Liam Roberts head

Also to Dean Austin for taking McWilliams off towards the end as he had been running the show and his absence in midfield created more space for our late pressure

And last but not least for the one bit of quality in the game to get the winner young Dobson for sure a future captain

We need a point and I need a pint

Uts

Kory played right back not left back....

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:53 pm

Sigh. Phil still the biggest idiot on this site. Could sap the joy out of any positive! When you unite Scott and El Nombre just to call you a tosser, then you know you're a tosser!! :lol:

Still buzzing!

The end.

chunkster
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:59 pm

Hope we get the point we need on tuesday because my mate kenny rang me tonight to see if i wanted to come to fleetwood with him? without a ticket :lol: i said "but we haven't got tickets"? his response was "but this is ME you are talking to" :lol: looks like we will be in their end :mrgreen:

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:04 pm

Well, that reminds me why I keep going. After a miserable, toxic season, playing some of the worst football I've ever seen us play... somehow sneaking a win against a team that spent much of the match outplaying us despite being below us... makes it all worthwhile. Some of them may not be blessed with much footballing talent, but you couldn't fault the effort and passion of those players today. You could see what it meant to them (all of them), when the goal went in.

Glorious!

One more point now...

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:05 pm

coop63 wrote:
Cowshed wrote:Great atmosphere for a game at national league quality but a very intelligent team selection by mr Keates

Kory Roberts at left back gave us more height and a solid look at the back as did Devlin in midfield

Credit the players effort and energy as compared to Northampton we made no subs in normal time this being one of the benefits of a young team

Bakayoko struggled to hold the ball up but made some strong runs late on you have to give him that and of course the assist was composed

Thanks have to go to two posts, a bar and the back of Liam Roberts head

Also to Dean Austin for taking McWilliams off towards the end as he had been running the show and his absence in midfield created more space for our late pressure

And last but not least for the one bit of quality in the game to get the winner young Dobson for sure a future captain

We need a point and I need a pint

Uts

Kory played right back not left back....

Unless I am mistaken he played neither

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:19 pm

You are mistaken. He played right back.

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:22 pm

Right back. Inspired move?

Their 22 murdered us, does anyone know why on earth he was taken off? For me, that was the major turning point!

coop63
Glitterati

Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:24 pm

Bristol Fan wrote:You are mistaken. He played right back.

Thanks for confirming - I was beginning to think I was at the wrong game but then remembered the pandemonium when that beauty from Dobson went in :D

UTS Legend

Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:29 pm

Whitters wrote:
Guest wrote:

Cheers Guest - you're my "poster of the season" for the highlights you give us.

How did we not lose that - maybe the posts they hit should be preserved for posterity.
Great ball from Baka for the goal and brilliant shot by Dobson.

Just for you, Whitters. :D The Channel 5 highlights.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h5MYWu ... p=drivesdk

(I don't think I'll be able to do this next season when the highlights are on Quest. :( Not a channel I can get in HK at the moment.)

PreviousNext
Return to 2017-18 Season