Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

AFC Wimbledon (H) Apr 14th, 3:00pm

Reports and reaction from the 2017-2018 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
saddlertd
UTS Veteran

Re: AFC Wimbledon (H) Apr 14th, 3:00pm

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:32 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
saddlertd wrote:
scott_powell wrote:See Oztumer had another storming game

Lol

He was sh!te.

Usually is but gets a free ride my many. Use his past performances as a get out of jail free card. It’s too frequent now. Can’t wait until he fudge off.

I bet he can’t wait either. Can’t say I blame him. Gratitude and loyalty

“Lol”

Both the club and the fans have shown Ozzy loyalty and gratitude. The club gave Ozzy a chance to resurrect a failing career and he buggers off at the first opportunity. What’s more, his performances since his agent-inspired press articles, effectively touting him to the highest bidder, have been decidedly average. Just when we need big performances from him, he’s switched off. Over the next 4 games, he needs to sweat blood for the club and the fans - he could probably keep us up on his own if he really wanted to. That would be a great legacy for him, and he would get a great send off. At the moment, his departure is in danger of being a non-event.

The General
UTS Regular

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Based on what I saw yesterday Ossie and Cuvelier should not be in the team again.The remaining games will be about wanting it for 90 minutes and putting your foot in.Both these players have given good service in the past but are now not contributing nearly enough.
Who coaches our forwards because their lack of intensity and terrible lack of technical skills should not be tolerated at a professional football club.Apart from Ngoy's goal which was class he and Baka's failure to get in the faces of Wimbledon's defenders was unforgivable and their failure to hold the ball up was desperate.Baka and Morris have both gone backwards the last couple of years we have obviously failed to develope them properly-abject coaching and no experienced forwards to teach them the tricks of the trade.You look at their forwards yesterday when they got knocked down they kept coming back for more -showed the desire and the balls our boys lacked.
Ossis head has clearly been elsewhere since the January window and he is now a liability and gives the ball away most of the time.
Some say Chambers has "gone" but he is one of the few who always competes and gives his all.He and Dobson would always be in my team from the players available.
Devlin either needs to learn how to keep a cool head very quickly or be dropped.He has cost us a number of points in the last few games and could easily have been sent off a couple of times.
I know choices are limited but if we are to stand a chance these in my opinion are issues that need facing.

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:05 pm

I agree with you GENERAL especially the bit about Chambers...I thought he showed real leadership yesterday and no little energy. Without him the score could have been much worse and showed up blokes almost half his age!!

Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:28 pm

saddlertd wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
saddlertd wrote:

Lol

He was sh!te.

Usually is but gets a free ride my many. Use his past performances as a get out of jail free card. It’s too frequent now. Can’t wait until he fudge off.

“Lol”

Both the club and the fans have shown Ozzy loyalty and gratitude. The club gave Ozzy a chance to resurrect a failing career and he buggers off at the first opportunity. What’s more, his performances since his agent-inspired press articles, effectively touting him to the highest bidder, have been decidedly average. Just when we need big performances from him, he’s switched off. Over the next 4 games, he needs to sweat blood for the club and the fans - he could probably keep us up on his own if he really wanted to. That would be a great legacy for him, and he would get a great send off. At the moment, his departure is in danger of being a non-event.

Ozzy has become a bit of an headache

To be fair he showed some rare quality (for the team) when he put the free kick in for fizzy’s goal

However, there was no way we should have come out 2nd half with 3 forwards given our need for points and consolidation but which one or ones should have made way?

The real star for me was fizzy and it was significant in the outcome that we lost him when we did

Sitting close to the tunnel we could see he was showing a niggle when he came off half time so it is questionable he should have started 2nd half I hope he won’t miss games due to an injury that could have been nipped in the bud.

In a choice between the 2 for the last few games I would be more concerned if fizzy can’t play than ozzy

Enniskillen
UTS Veteran

Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:20 pm

Flew in from Belfast full of optimism and flew home completely dejected. In summary:

We were out thought and out played in the 2nd half.
The squad is thread bare what options do we have?
I think we will only play 4-4-2 for the rest of the season, which means no more Oz or Cuveillier, but who do you play up front?

Baka isn't great but at least he tried. Ngoy should never play for us again and it is an indictment of Shabu that he was only brought on with 5 minutes left. Can Oz play up front?

The January transfer window was a shambles. We lost Wilson, Ismael, Tyler Roberts, Aggei and Donnellan and replaced them with Fitz, Ngoy and Shabu.

Special mention for Dobson and Chambers who kept going trying to do the work 4.

Not sure how we can survive because I can't see us scoring with the players we have.

Complete clear out required including the kids who sit on the bench but aren't good enough to come on.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:36 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cookyskid
UTS Regular

Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:51 pm

boringteacher wrote:That excuse for a ref was the same barclays (according to Vital Walsall) who gave Bury 3(?) penalties away on the first day of the season. Too far away to tell in the blue pop stand, but Keates sounded well fudge off with the decision for the winner. Is 5 penalties in two games a record for a ref a record?

Well deserved defeat however. Thanks Bonser for retaining that clueless Scunthorpe until it was too late to strengthen the squad. A "defence" of the worse full back pairing I can remember, a mediocre 4th division clogger and a child with dreadlocks is probably not good enough to keep us in the 4th division let alone in the 3rd. fudge hell, I seriously hate that parasitical Scunthorpe who has drained the life out of my club with his £400k a year legal robbery. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What the fudge does his hairstyle have to do with it?

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:12 am

saddlertd wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
saddlertd wrote:

Lol

He was sh!te.

“Lol”

Have they??? I don't see it. Certainly not from the fans anyway. People seem to be revelling in it when he fails or willing him to piss off. Some loyalty and gratitude to a player that has basically given us any hope of avoiding relegation this year.

But if he doesn't pull off that feat he deserves criticism apparently.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:16 am

It's a nice ball in for our first from that useless bloke who can't be arsed any more.

kshammer
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:24 am

The criticism of Ozzy is way over the top. Ok his form has dropped but he's no worse than anyone else. He literally has no one to pass to at times, no one making runs, no one who can hold the ball up... yes his heads gone but so would mine trying to playing in our alleged "attack".

The likes of Baka, Shaibu, Ngoy, Morris and Flo have been disgracefully bad for most of the season - they should be the targets of frustration. I saw one bloke slag Ozzy off all game on Sat and then applaud Morris coming on.... mindblowing.

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:35 am

kshammer wrote:The criticism of Ozzy is way over the top. Ok his form has dropped but he's no worse than anyone else. He literally has no one to pass to at times, no one making runs, no one who can hold the ball up... yes his heads gone but so would mine trying to playing in our alleged "attack".

The likes of Baka, Shaibu, Ngoy, Morris and Flo have been disgracefully bad for most of the season - they should be the targets of frustration. I saw one bloke slag Ozzy off all game on Sat and then applaud Morris coming on.... mindblowing.

Have to agree with this.
Ozzy has not been the same for the last couple of months (barring the Southend hattrick) but he's surrounded by players that are even worse and put barely any effort in yet get picked every week. He's spent 18 months almost singlehandedly keeping us in this division and I think it's now got to the point he can't be arsed when those around can't either. I also suspect the contract offer we gave him was insulting baring in mind his performances for us so that has probably affected him as well. And remember Whitney had a sly dig at him too. It's not really a surprise he can't wait to get away

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:40 am

SaddlerSteve wrote:He's spent 18 months almost singlehandedly keeping us in this division

And there is the point, you can't rely on one player to continually do that over that period of time, its completely unreasonable.

Team game..everyone needs to contribute.

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Ozzy out !!!

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Optimistic wrote:
scott_powell wrote:Time for the Keates spunkfest to end. Pathetic. We need to react to this. If not we’re down.

But you were probably his biggest fan Scott, not lost your enthusiasm have you? You said you would give him a free ride this season and next. you also said:

- 'That's it for me, organisation. He clearly knows how to organise a team effectively'.
- 'He's exactly what we need for me'
- 'Exciting times. We potentially have a manager who knows how to organise a defense'
- 'Happy Dean Keates Day everyone'

That's just on one thread Scott and you were my biggest critic because I stood up for Whitney. Not lost your Hero worship for Keates yet have you. :lol:

What goes around comes around. :roll:

Let me break down my comment just for you ...

"Time for the Keates spunkfest to end." - It's time for fans, including myself, on social media to stop treating Keates' appointment as the second coming. Excitement got the better of me upon his arrival and we haven't had the bounce I thought we'd have ( Although we are definitely more organised as a whole). It's time for that to end and for us to dig deep and survive. It's a clean slate for next season regardless of which division we're in and I haven't stated otherwise.

"Pathetic." - That refers to the result. 2-0 up to lose 3-2, that is pretty pathetic is it not? You may have thought I was referring to those apart of the Keates Bukkake (like myself) or Keates himself. You were mistaken. Bless.

"We need to react to this. If not we’re down." - Am I not right?

Also take into consideration that I commented right after the game. I was pissed off like most of us were. I tend to post my frustrations no matter how absurd the post is. Now calmer, I regret a lot of what I posted on Saturday (especially on Twitter). Do I regret this comment? Absolutely not.

Your love of Whitney is actually disturbing.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:52 pm

scott_powell wrote:
Optimistic wrote:
scott_powell wrote:Time for the Keates spunkfest to end. Pathetic. We need to react to this. If not we’re down.

But you were probably his biggest fan Scott, not lost your enthusiasm have you? You said you would give him a free ride this season and next. you also said:

- 'That's it for me, organisation. He clearly knows how to organise a team effectively'.
- 'Exciting times. We potentially have a manager who knows how to organise a defense'

That's just on one thread Scott and you were my biggest critic because I stood up for Whitney. Not lost your Hero worship for Keates yet have you. :lol:

"Time for the Keates spunkfest to end." - It's time for fans, including myself, on social media to stop treating Keates' appointment as the second coming. Excitement got the better of me upon his arrival and we haven't had the bounce I thought we'd have ( Although we are definitely more organised as a whole). It's time for that to end and for us to dig deep and survive. It's a clean slate for next season regardless of which division we're in and I haven't stated otherwise.

"Pathetic." - That refers to the result. 2-0 up to lose 3-2, that is pretty pathetic is it not? You may have thought I was referring to those apart of the Keates Bukkake (like myself) or Keates himself. You were mistaken. Bless.

Also take into consideration that I commented right after the game. I was pissed off like most of us were. I tend to post my frustrations no matter how absurd the post is. Now calmer, I regret a lot of what I posted on Saturday (especially on Twitter). Do I regret this comment? Absolutely not.

Erm he wasn't asking you about that comment he was asking you about all the stuff you were saying that you are now calling to stop?

I always thought you'd have an argument in a locked room. Here you are proving it.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:08 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
Optimistic wrote:

Erm he wasn't asking you about that comment he was asking you about all the stuff you were saying that you are now calling to stop?

I always thought you'd have an argument in a locked room. Here you are proving it.

Oh god this forum dow half mek me loff.

I broke down my original comment to give a little more context, that was all. I had nothing to answer to and have no idea why you're getting involved, again.

You post "I always thought you'd have an argument in a locked room. Here you are proving it." in a discussion not involving you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... If you're not being sarcastic then you genuinely need help.

The cancer of this forum strikes again. I ain't prolonging an argument this time though. Have the last post and get on with your day.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:14 pm

scott_powell wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
Optimistic wrote:

Oh god this forum dow half mek me loff.

I broke down my original comment to give a little more context, that was all. I had nothing to answer to and have no idea why you're getting involved, again.

You post "I always thought you'd have an argument in a locked room. Here you are proving it." in a discussion not involving you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... If you're not being sarcastic then you genuinely need help.

The cancer of this forum strikes again. I ain't prolonging an argument this time though. Have the last post and get on with your day.

Will do. If I'm the cancer of this forum you must love me considering how much you hate this place or find it laughable. Very honourable of you to not post discussion on this discussion forum. forgive me for not knowing the rules too, I didn't realise we weren't allowed to post or comment things we hadn't previously. A curios thing for you to be averse to considering you are so concerned this forum doesn't just become a discussion between two people.

Yes, because you are posting we should stop something you are one of the vocal proponents of. I suppose that would fall under sarcasm.

Nothing to answer to? You just admitted yourself you jumped the gun. no matter how many happy faces you post. But you can't admit to being wrong without being catty,

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:26 pm

:lol:

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:29 pm

scott_powell wrote::lol:

Oh my God you couldn't even keep to your word then can you?

I mean, we saw your hissy fit after Doncaster, and the "boycott" of the games during the season fall through but 10 minutes must be a record for going back on your word! I mean you already had because I seem to remember you saying you were going to ignore me going forward on at least 2 occasions but that is genuinely impressive.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:31 pm

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:35 pm

Now who's clogging up the board with pointless cack.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:39 pm

She keeps replying. Bless :lol:

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:39 pm

scott_powell wrote:Have the last post and get on with your day.

Last edited by El_Nombre on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:40 pm

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:45 pm

I've proven my point. This is how you actually let some W***er have the last word and actually stick to what you say:

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:13 pm

El_Nombre wrote:I've proven my point. This is how you actually let some W***er have the last word and actually stick to what you say:

Did you know, SWIMS upside down spells SWIMS. Glad I could inform.

Optimistic
UTS Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:54 pm

scott_powell wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:I've proven my point. This is how you actually let some W***er have the last word and actually stick to what you say:

Thanks Scott, very informative and I immediately thought of word assoociation and came up with Sink. The dictionary helps out here:

Sink or Swim

- fail or succeed entirely by one's own efforts

Thanks for the explanation above but I think you failed on this occassion, maybe a bit more effort next time.

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:12 pm

scott_powell wrote:

My god, can you two not just ignore each other? Reading your juvenile squabbles is desperately boring and will lead to a ban. First one to answer back will be banned.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:09 am

Exile wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

My god, can you two not just ignore each other? Reading your juvenile squabbles is desperately boring and will lead to a ban. First one to answer back will be banned.

I do try but she always has a pop. I’d take it onto other social media platforms but unfortunately she’d rather stay anonymous on here. Apologies everyone. Looks like I’m banned for naff all again by the mighty Exile :lol:

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:15 am

scott_powell wrote:
Exile wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

I do try but she always has a pop. I’d take it onto other social media platforms but unfortunately she’d rather stay anonymous on here. Apologies everyone. Looks like I’m banned for naff all again by the mighty Exile :lol:

No you don’t.

And to right I stay annoynmous here. One social media platform is enough for listening to your nonsense.

PreviousNext
Return to 2017-18 Season