Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Bury (H) Apr 7th, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2017-2018 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Re: Bury (H) Apr 7th, 3pm

Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:45 pm

But what donyoubexo ctvwhen his reward for continuous poor performance s

Assuming from the rest of your post that your not on drugs...In which case can you let me know what beer you've been drinking so i can get some ordered in. :shock:

UTS Legend

Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:48 pm

Bury definitely had the better chances in the second half. We were a little lucky to win, I thought.

But I'll take that. :D

Hope it's cheered you up too, Welsh!

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:50 pm

Hope we can sign Zeli in the summer he was class for bury.

wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:50 pm

if ever there was a bit of luck needed today was the day.
we had no idea how to try and score and everytime bury got near our box it looked like they could score
hence we won with an own goal and our Roberts the goalie got man of the match.
that own goal is huge it really is still a it of work to do but 4 or 5 points should do it now

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:55 pm

Thank fudge for that. Bury were the better team to be honest and Roberts was not an unworthy MoM which says it all (Fitzwater for me personally). The dramatic turnaround in scores at the end has made a massive difference to our survival chances. I'd concur on the drugs bit about Leahy, but thought that he and the rest of the team put in a whole hearted effort which couldnt be faulted. The work ethic/shape that Keates has brought in will make the difference I think (I also believe that Whitless would have relegated us with this squad), but the depressing thing to me was that Bury appeared better on the ball player for player. A hell of a rebuild is needed given what Whitless/the landlord have left us with as a squad.

Orgasmic goal though :D

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:03 pm

IHTC. wrote:Hope we can sign Zeli in the summer he was class for bury.

Definitely, and Delfonsou for me. two players playing for crap clubs in the North West that used to operate in our back yard.

Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:10 pm

2 teams definitely fighting hard to maintain their losing runs

Bury tried that bit harder and scored the goal that maintained their run

2 absolutely outstanding performances today

Firstly liam Roberts proper quality

Secondly the whole of the tile choice stand proper street Enders

Wish I’d been in there with you

The rest was league 2 dross

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:16 pm

I actually thought we were okay today. We’re just shite with that final ball.

Shaibu is cack. Ngoy is twice the player.

Leahy is positionally one of the worst left backs I’ve seen. Always too narrow. Devlin doesn’t do that so I put it down to the player, not coaching.

Chambers is done.

Cuvelier was everywhere. Played well. Also thought Dobson was fantastic when he came on. He’s a proper good player.

Thought Fitzwater played well.

Oztumer was very average again. He’s a good player. Nothing more nothing less. For every incredible game he has a fair few average/poor games. We have to play him though for that moment of magic.

Thought Bakayoko played well. I’ve been very critical of him but he did a lot of good things today.

Thank fudge we won that. Atmosphere was great in that second half. Fair play to the lads in the upper. I moved to the middle today but they did their best to get it going.

UTS

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:19 pm

SaddlerSteve wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:Get in!!!!

3 points needed for 50 now, should do that easy with the games left.

We were better first half could have had at least 2. They were better second half and could have had at least the same but it went our way.

Shaibu’s best performance in a walsall shirt but hopefully it means Ngoy starts from now on. Couple of the boo boys like Baka and Leahy had good games.

Keates has definitely improved the defence.

Baka and Leahy had a good game?
Are you on f***ing drugs?

Leahy was even more abysmal than normal. More of his hopeless punts to no-one down the line. Then when he got forward crosses that didn’t leave the ground and were blocked with other times him running into defenders and getting tackled.

Baka just half arsed as usual. But what donyoubexo ctvwhen his reward for continuous poor performance s is to be given an automatic starting place. He’s got zero incentive to improve.

Bakayoko played well. Disagree there.

Leahy however is positionally dreadful. He’s isnt a defender and can’t beat a man going forward.

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:55 pm

SaddlerSteve wrote:

We were better first half could have had at least 2. They were better second half and could have had at least the same but it went our way.

Shaibu’s best performance in a walsall shirt but hopefully it means Ngoy starts from now on. Couple of the boo boys like Baka and Leahy had good games.

Leahy was even more abysmal than normal. More of his hopeless punts to no-one down the line. Then when he got forward crosses that didn’t leave the ground and were blocked with other times him running into defenders and getting tackled.

Baka just half arsed as usual. But what donyoubexo ctvwhen his reward for continuous poor performance s is to be given an automatic starting place. He’s got zero incentive to improve.

i think El-Whatsiface just goes against the tide on purpose. Ignore him.

How the fudge did we win that? We were fudge woeful.

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:00 pm

Huge result , arguably a draw was a fair result but who cares.

Couple of points , Bakanotouch is extremely lucky to call himself a pro footballer I'll be glad to see the back of him and a few others.

Huge legend and I fully respect him but Chambers is just a Cart horses now, no passing no creativity whatsoever. I'd much rather see Dobson play.

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Phew that was a close run thing!!! I thought considering what was at stake it was a reasonable game and very open at times.A draw would have been fair but who cares...at least we kept going to the end.
I think a lot of you are unfair on Leahy and Devlin ....they have to do 2 jobs and put in plenty of effort and no little skill.. I would like to see them play behind 2 good wingers then we can judge them properly. Ngoy came on and did well and I saw some hopeful things for the next few matches with him and Baka. up front. Also well done the goalie...a good performance.
Finally how are Bury at the bottom with all the good third division players they have? Maybe they have two many old 'uns whilst we have too many young 'uns!!

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Don’t get the dislike of Bakayoko ... he’s actually played well for once.

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:06 pm

scott_powell wrote:Don’t get the dislike of Bakayoko ... he’s actually played well for once.

He's got the fudge anticipation of a blind sloth.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:10 pm

tinned wrote:
scott_powell wrote:Don’t get the dislike of Bakayoko ... he’s actually played well for once.

But yet again people are giving Oztumer a free ride for doing less

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:29 pm

SaddlerSteve wrote:
Optimistic wrote:

Keates has definitely improved the defence.[/quote]

But the keeper got MOTM because he made 3 first class saves to stop us going 3-0 down. I would think that when the keeper hardly has anything to is when the defense has been improved.

Just saying.

Agree Optimistic.
Defence is better but still not great.
We rode our luck a few times today but less chances for the opposition meant less chance of them converting them.

Like I said not exactly AC Milan but he’s only got so much to work with. The keeper was making world class saves. I said it was improved not perfect.

As for the other guy on about Baka and Leahy, no mate I’m not. I know Leahy can do no right for some people but it’s simply impossible not to see that was a good improvement.

He’s no left back but to be fair that’s not his position anyway. His delivery from out wide is outstanding, that’s why we signed a left back. A guy who can contribute something in both directions, not a rock solid left back, where we have to play him now.
Last edited by El_Nombre on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:30 pm

tinned wrote:
SaddlerSteve wrote:

i think El-Whatsiface just goes against the tide on purpose. Ignore him.

How the fudge did we win that? We were fudge woeful.

Yawn.

PT
Site Addict

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Last week I said it felt like a Cup match with us, a fourth division side battling gallantly against Pompey, a decent third division side.

It was a better match today. And to extend the point a bit further, I think the reason it was a better match was because it was sides of equal quality, ability and effort playing - two fourth division sides battling away, trying to ensure that at least some of the passing stayed inside the stadium. A “50p-head” own goal a fitting decider.

Delighted with the win. The 3,800 there did our best and it was all a bit lively when we scored. Very enjoyable.

Four more points I reckon. Let’s get that done and hopefully Keates can rebuild in the summer.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:31 pm

scott_powell wrote:
tinned wrote:

He’s earned that slack throughout the season for me. A million times over.

I know, whenever you go he’s shite (thought he was our main creative spark again today) but he simply has.

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:36 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
tinned wrote:

I know, whenever you go he’s shite (thought he was our main creative spark again today) but he simply has.

For me Ngoy was the spark when he came on , he created more of a threat in 5 minutes than Baka , Ozzy and Shaibu had in 60.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:38 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
tinned wrote:

I judge what I see. He can play class against Oldham and I’ll say that. Just because he’s played well previously doesn’t mean I won’t critisise a poor performance. He isn’t as good as some make out. He’s a good player, that’s it.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:40 pm

Mazza01 wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
tinned wrote:

For me Ngoy was the spark when he came on , he created more of a threat in 5 minutes than Baka , Ozzy and Shaibu had in 60.

Ngoy was the spark for sure. Ozzy had a lot of the ball and did very little with it. Dobson did more than Ozzy if you ask me.

kshammer
Site Addict

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:42 pm

Delighted with the three points. That is where the positivity ends.

Our goalie (rightfully) getting MOTM, an own goal winner and them carving out the best chances of the game says where we're at... all against the worst team in the league.

Of the over 20s in the squad, assuming loans/Ozzy are not here next season, id happily let every player go other than Liam R, Dobson and Edwards. The rest are rubbish at football - nice, honest blokes but just not very good.

We're going into games with Morris as one of our most experienced players at this level.... says it all. A complete overhaul is needed, hopefully Keates will be given the chance to do it.

Hopefully we will stay up now and lets try a forget the last couple of seasons and move on.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:46 pm

Mazza01 wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
tinned wrote:

Yet our best chances were definitely first half

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:47 pm

scott_powell wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
tinned wrote:

I judge what I see. He can play class against Oldham and I’ll say that. Just because he’s played well previously doesn’t mean I won’t critisise a poor performance. He isn’t as good as some make out. He’s a good player, that’s it.

Have a look at his figures. He’s been better than just one game. They are better figures at this level than “a good player”.

No wonder he can’t wait to get shot of this place

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:54 pm

I’m well aware of the figures, thanks.

It’s just my opinion. He’s good. He wasn’t good today so il be critical. Thanks.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:56 pm

scott_powell wrote:I’m well aware of the figures, thanks.

It’s just my opinion. He’s good. He wasn’t good today so il be critical. Thanks.

Your critical of good players when they put in the odd not so brilliant performance? Sums our fan base and Ozzy up actually quite well.

Nice sass though.

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:58 pm

But yet again people are giving Oztumer a free ride for doing less[/quote]

I know, whenever you go he’s shite (thought he was our main creative spark again today) but he simply has.[/quote]

For me Ngoy was the spark when he came on , he created more of a threat in 5 minutes than Baka , Ozzy and Shaibu had in 60.[/quote]

Yet our best chances were definitely first half[/quote]

Really did Ngoy not go through on the keeper 2nd half? I'd say that was our best chance .

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:03 pm

El_Nombre wrote:

Your critical of good players when they put in the odd not so brilliant performance? Sums Ozzy up actually quite well.

Nice sass though.

Im critical of THAT performance.

fudge me I thought he was cack today and I said so. If I were to go to Oldham and he plays well I’ll be full of praise. He’s a good player, I’ve literally just said that. What the fudge are you even arguing. Just move on, just my opinion on today’s game. I don’t agree with your assessment of Leahy but that’s your opinion. I thought Baka was decent today and the majority think otherwise, cest la fudge vie :roll:

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:13 pm

scott_powell wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:

Your critical of good players when they put in the odd not so brilliant performance? Sums Ozzy up actually quite well.

Nice sass though.

Im critical of THAT performance.

fudge me I thought he was cack today and I said so. If I were to go to Oldham and he plays well I’ll be full of praise. He’s a good player, I’ve literally just said that. What the fudge are you even arguing. Just move on, just my opinion on today’s game. I don’t agree with your assessment of Leahy but that’s your opinion. I thought Baka was decent today and the majority think otherwise, cest la fudge vie :roll:

He's troll just ignore him .. basically just argues the opposite for the craic. He's clearly bored or not got a life .

PreviousNext
Return to 2017-18 Season