Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Bradford City (A) Tue May 1st, 7.45pm

Reports and reaction from the 2017-2018 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Re: Bradford City (A) Mon 2nd April, 3pm

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:13 pm

Because it has a direct bearing on our fortunes ..... Northampton Town two goals down at Peterborough after 15 minutes :D
(Richard O'Donnell getting used to picking the ball out of the back of his net)

And M K Dons 0 Blackburn Rovers 1 at the same time :D

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:19 pm

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:0-3 defeat at best, forget all this nonsense about Bradford being in freefall, remember, it's our lot coming to town, they always enjoy routing us, it's the law.
Sorry PT don't think I'll bother this year, getting fed up of being embarrassed at that ground.

If following Walsall brought as much misery to me as it evidently does to you, I would have given up years ago :shock:

I've given up on women for less :lol:

1-1 or 0-0.

Ah but everyone would miss my constantly cheerful optimism!

Best result of the day! Told yow we wouldn't lose!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:39 pm

Oldham Athletic 0 Blackpool 1 (35 min) :D

M K Dons 0 Blackburn Rovers 2 (42 min)

Sloppies 1 Oxford United 0 (40 min)

Fun and games at Roots Hall .... Southend Utd 4 Gillingham 0 (not even half-time yet!!)

It couldn't be much better at half-time .... M K Dons, Northampton Town and Oldham Athletic all losing, with Bury to play Rochdale tomorrow.

This red wine's good stuff......... :wink:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:08 pm

Peterborough Utd 3 Northampton Town 0 (47 min) :D EDIT - goal disallowed ... still 2-0 :mrgreen:

Oldham Athletic 1 Blackpool 1 (60 min)

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:Peterborough Utd 3 Northampton Town 0 (47 min) :D EDIT - goal disallowed ... still 2-0 :mrgreen:

Oldham Athletic 1 Blackpool 1 (60 min)
:(

Come on Blackpool don't let another in!

Everyone root for Bury to beat Rochdale on Tuesday, and hope the upturn is temporary!

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:40 pm

Fleetwood Town spoiling the party ... 1-0 up against Bristol Rovers, 78 min :roll:

Oldham Athletic 2 Blackpool 1 - Can't trust some teams....... :roll: :roll:

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:44 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:Fleetwood Town spoiling the party ... 1-0 up against Bristol Rovers, 78 min :roll:

And WE worry about OUR gates...2,890!

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:12 pm

So, two points off the relegation zone as things stand. I really do not fancy our chances at this stage, but we do have Northampton, Bury and AFC Wimbledon at home to play, so hope springs eternal.

However, Saturday against the Shakers looks a desperate 0-1 to me.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:25 pm

hullsaddler wrote:Bradford have rearranged home games on Tues 17th & 24th April so think this will now be in last week of season on Tues 1st May.
Will it be crucial ... or will we be already down?

Blimey, would have to lose pretty much every game between now and then to be relegated before the re-arranged game.

Some of the teams below would also have to be on 50 points aswell....

I hope this is a lucky break. Injuries, lack of confidence and lack of preparation time all pointed to a certain defeat today.

In May Bradford will have little to play for as they're I think 6 points adrift of top 6 now and not winning games so don't see them in contention at time of re-arranged game.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:45 pm

BathSaddler wrote:So, two points off the relegation zone as things stand. I really do not fancy our chances at this stage, but we do have Northampton, Bury and AFC Wimbledon at home to play, so hope springs eternal.

However, Saturday against the Shakers looks a desperate 0-1 to me.

That's just the score I was thinking, but then again I thought we would lose today, and look what happened, we were brilliant, kept the score at 0-0 and had to defend at the deep end too! :D :wink:

Not looking too good is it folks, Oldham improving, so that away game looks like it might become a disappointing result. Bury have always been a bogey side for us, even when we were vying for the play off's Bury beat us at home when we had a reasonably good side, but now..................has 0-1 written all over it.
Perhaps Keatsy can employ Dynamo to come for the day and teach us how to get the opposition to 'imagine' that we CAN actually score goals???? Nah, there's magic, and then there's our forwards................ :oops: :wink:

UTS Legend

Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:52 pm

SoccerHQ wrote:
hullsaddler wrote:Bradford have rearranged home games on Tues 17th & 24th April so think this will now be in last week of season on Tues 1st May.

Blimey, would have to lose pretty much every game between now and then to be relegated before the re-arranged game.

I hope this is a lucky break. Injuries, lack of confidence and lack of preparation time all pointed to a certain defeat today.

In May Bradford will have little to play for as they're I think 6 points adrift of top 6 now and not winning games so don't see them in contention at time of re-arranged game.

Fleetwood will probably also have little to play for last game of the season.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:40 pm

One day off work in 3 weeks, got as far as Darlington when heard game was off, went for a pint in Darlo with the 10.30 am drinking grannies .Ended up going to Sunderland V Sheff Wed.... I guess its..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FR842KUaOw

SWS11
UTS Regular

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:52 pm

Guest wrote:
SoccerHQ wrote:

Fleetwood will probably also have little to play for last game of the season.

We, on the other hand, may have our survival at stake :shock:

UTS Legend

Re: Bradford City (A) Tue May 1st, 7.45pm

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:05 pm

chunkster wrote:
Guest wrote:
chunkster wrote:
Guest wrote:I don't think I'll bother coming back at Easter again...
I know, I think that easter eggs are a rip off :mrgreen: sorry mate just my stupid sense of humour :wink: It must be a right pisser to spend all that time and money to get here for it to be called off :(

Well, I got to one of the three games I had hoped to attend. And I was sure I would see us score today!

Back to HK for the Bury game. I'll have to see if iFollow works.

At least the Easter eggs are cheaper here than in Hong Kong - and not totally melted.

Good luck with getting ifollow to work on live matches :( i can get commentary while in tenerife or lanzarote, and i have ipvanish on my laptop but i have never got it to work :(

Managed to watch the Bury game on iFollow today. Worked pretty well, and, at £5, it was a darn sight cheaper than a flight from HK. :mrgreen:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:57 am

(Bump) :D

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:35 am

I thought at the time it was a good move to have it called off.....

Think this will be the most boring 0-0 in history. :wink:

It will make that Austria- West Germany game from 82 world cup when they spent second half passing the ball around the centre circle look thrill a minute. :mrgreen:

wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:05 pm

weve got to play the most uninspiring attack ever to gain this point so baka up front with shalibu then!!

reedswood sadler
Glitterati

Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:46 pm

SoccerHQ wrote:I thought at the time it was a good move to have it called off.....

Think this will be the most boring 0-0 in history. :wink:

It will make that Austria- West Germany game from 82 world cup when they spent second half passing the ball around the centre circle look thrill a minute. :mrgreen:

I will take that to make sure we stay up, we are Walsall and are still capable to cock it up 2 defeats which is quite possible with these players and a win by either Oldham 1 point more or Rochdale better goal difference and we are gone, we need that point.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:51 pm

wednesburysaddler wrote:weve got to play the most uninspiring attack ever to gain this point so baka up front with shalibu then!!

Nah just go for Baka, it's a bit like not having anyone up front anyway, put the other 9 on the goal line and start to build a breezeblock wall between the sticks!
20,000 there on Saturday to see a defeat, should be a few thou down on that figure then, for a cold, wet, miserable, nothing left to play for Tuesday evening stint, our lot will still get beat, fighting a bit, but still get beat.
Can't see so many making the trip, but I'll be there, then try to find an alternative way across the Pennines as they always close the M62 after 10! (will be like that until Summer 2019 apparently!).
Heart hoping for 0-0 draw for that vital point, head says 0-3 defeat, no matter how bad Bradford are at the moment, our defence is even 'badder', and our attack just a figment of vivid imagination. :wink:

Whitters
Site Addict

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:43 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:
wednesburysaddler wrote:weve got to play the most uninspiring attack ever to gain this point so baka up front with shalibu then!!

Nah just go for Baka, it's a bit like not having anyone up front anyway, put the other 9 on the goal line and start to build a breezeblock wall between the sticks!
20,000 there on Saturday to see a defeat, should be a few thou down on that figure then, for a cold, wet, miserable, nothing left to play for Tuesday evening stint, our lot will still get beat, fighting a bit, but still get beat.
Can't see so many making the trip, but I'll be there, then try to find an alternative way across the Pennines as they always close the M62 after 10! (will be like that until Summer 2019 apparently!).
Heart hoping for 0-0 draw for that vital point, head says 0-3 defeat, no matter how bad Bradford are at the moment, our defence is even 'badder', and our attack just a figment of vivid imagination. :wink:

Fudge me.
Do you go to funerals to get your fun?

chunkster
Site Addict

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:25 pm

Whitters wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:

Fudge me.
AM stands for AVID MORTICIAN not ANCIENT MOANER :lol: :mrgreen: I would go there and park the proverbial bus, the fact that Bradford have nothing but the pride of winning to play for, makes them even more dangerous, because they can play with freedom. A 0-0 with bradford having 20 shots on target to our 1 and a backs to the wall performance :wink:

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:12 am

chunkster wrote:
Whitters wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:

Fudge me.
AM stands for AVID MORTICIAN not ANCIENT MOANER :lol: :mrgreen: I would go there and park the proverbial bus, the fact that Bradford have nothing but the pride of winning to play for, makes them even more dangerous, because they can play with freedom. A 0-0 with bradford having 20 shots on target to our 1 and a backs to the wall performance :wink:

Hope your right Chunkster my friend, perhaps they might allow us to play all of our subs as well to 'pack the defence'! :lol: Any chance you might be there? The wife will be with me, she would be pleased to meet ya!

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:44 am

I'm all for a very attacking 8 - 1 - 1 formation myself.

L Roberts

Devlin
Kinsella
K Roberts
A Wheelchair bound Kristian Bielik
Fitzwater
Guthrie
A massive Ian Roper
Leahy

Oztumer

Baka, just for AM.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:58 am

I don't even know what we should do Tuesday. Just draw. Please. A drab 0-0 will do.

kshammer
Site Addict

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:45 am

Bore draw please. Drab, dire, nil nil... I can forget this season then and live in hope of a mass clearout in the summer.

layzeedude
UTS Regular

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:01 am

Throw everything at them for the 1st ten and the last ten minutes. Might catch them off guard. Other than that, just keep the ball. Nowt daft. 1- and 2-touch passing drills. No drama, please.

You watch, it'll be 0-3 with Bakka netting a hat-full. Just to further confound us poor fans.
UTS
LD

Walsall_Casual
Glitterati

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:41 am

I’d encourage as many of you as possible to make the journey to Bradford.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:30 pm

Reading this I had to look outside to check for snow... then I realised its the original post!!!

Hopefully we get a few up there....

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:53 pm

Thanks Whitters...I'm burying my older brother on Wednesday, down in Cornwall so it should be a hoot........................

Do you not realise that my posts are in jest most of the time (above occasion notwithstanding)? Trying to lighten matters in the knowledge that we have an awful team? Jesus, you and Saigon take matters soooo seriously, it's all about light hearted banter, those that know me also know that there are few as dedicated to the Saddlers than myself. This season has been a nightmare, I have hated the fact that we have stared relegation in the face, but might, just might escape that humiliation after Saturday's daylight robbery. I hope we do beat Bradford & Fleetwood, no one would rejoice like I would, but I am also a realist!

Am I to presume that it will be pay at the gate tomorrow night? if it ain't I'm in a spot of bother! :(

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:00 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:Thanks Whitters...I'm burying my older brother on Wednesday, down in Cornwall so it should be a hoot........................

Do you not realise that my posts are in jest most of the time? Trying to lighten matters in the knowledge that we have an awful team? Jesus, you and Saigon take matters soooo seriously, it's all about light hearted banter, those that know me also know that there are few as dedicated to the Saddlers than myself. This season has been a nightmare, I have hated the fact that we have stared relegation in the face, but might, just might escape that humiliation after Saturday's daylight robbery. I hope we do beat Bradford & Fleetwood, no one would rejoice like I would, but I am also a realist!

Am I to presume that it will be pay at the gate tomorrow night? if it ain't I'm in a spot of bother! :(

Yeah he should have known that, just like we all need to keep abreast of your medical history in case we ask if you went to a game for once :roll:

How "light hearted" and "jovial" of you to point that out. You do know that just describing yourself as light hearted doesn't mean you actually are? Because your posts are nothing short of depressing and so are your guilt-trips. Sorry about your brother, sincerely.

PreviousNext
Return to 2017-18 Season