Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Shrewsbury Town (A) 10th Mar, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2017-2018 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
tinned
Site Addict

Re: Shrewsbury Town (A) 10th Mar, 3pm

Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Cheesebag wrote:
Walsallone wrote:Sounds like we put up a good show but defensive frailty and our failure to take good chances let us down again.

More like a no show.... Whitnet Out Leech Out

I agree. I'm not the sort that says if you didn't go you can't comment but there have been a couple on here that didn't go and have been relying on stats to inform their opinion.

Let me tell you from somebody that was there: It was awful, embarrassing, Sunday pub league toss. And that's me being polite about things.

layzeedude
UTS Regular

Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:46 pm

Getting tight at the bottom. Those loses have us right back in the poop.

Games played added as requested :D

LD

reedswood sadler
Glitterati

Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:43 pm

tinned wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:
Walsallone wrote:Sounds like we put up a good show but defensive frailty and our failure to take good chances let us down again.

I agree. I'm not the sort that says if you didn't go you can't comment but there have been a couple on here that didn't go and have been relying on stats to inform their opinion.

Let me tell you from somebody that was there: It was awful, embarrassing, Sunday pub league toss. And that's me being polite about things.

I was there as well tinned and I think you are being a bit harsh on sunday pub teams they play better and have players who give their all unlike ours.
Many sunday teams would beat us on the last 2 performances.

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:31 pm

tinned wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:

It's been the same for most of the season and I've found it infuriating. I'd get back late evening after a home game and come on here to find people claiming because we'd got a win or a draw that we'd miraculously turned the corner. And in most cases the performance would have been dross so those of us who went would be arguing that we're still not that good but being berated by the happy clappers who thought everything was all rosey.

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:02 pm

Berated STEVE...a rather strange word to use to use against people who simply have a different view to you. I thought boards like this were for different views to be aired!!. We have had some good performances this season and they deserved to be applauded in my view.

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:45 pm

Walsallone wrote:Berated STEVE...a rather strange word to use to use against people who simply have a different view to you. I thought boards like this were for different views to be aired!!. We have had some good performances this season and they deserved to be applauded in my view.

Did you actually read what myself and Tinned were saying?

It was aimed squarely at those on here and other social media that had a view on performances... yet didn't go to the game.
Their opinion being solely based on us getting a draw or win yet completely ignoring the fact the performance was god awful. But then again as they didn't go they wouldn't know would they?

And throughout the time Whitney was in charge and particularly this season when many of us have been saying he needs to go we have been berated as not being true fans and we should get behind the lads an any other cliché you'd like to mention.

As for the performances over the season. I'll admit we have had some decent performances but they have been very rare and you could count them on one hand. They've pretty much all been followed by the same old dross in the next game though.

I wish Whitney well in whatever he ends up doing next but I'm glad he's no longer manager!

Previous
Return to 2017-18 Season