Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Plymouth Argyle (A) Jan 1st, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2017-2018 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Re: Plymouth Argyle (A) Jan 1st, 3pm

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:51 am

Many thanks indeed fore the well wishes regarding my recent ill health, we are indeed a close knit community on here, long may it reign, whatever league we eventually end up in!

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:24 am

After a superb couple of days with some great people down in Devon it was the ultimate anti-climax. Actually went with five minutes to go just to get off the car park as I knew there was no chance..... very unlike me that.

Unfortunately I've lost interest... Whitneys standard after match waffle is now laughable. Although I understand he is just the puppet for the paymaster.

Sorry although I've already got my season ticket for the rest of this year I think I'll do a couple of weekends away with the family instead

WFC Steve

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:44 pm

To join in with the apathy that I have read on UTS today, I have now re-located to the south west, and when the fixtures came out I was looking forward to the game at Plymouth, as ive never been to Home Park and it was a significantly reduction on the normal 3.5 hour journey down south.

Fortunately, I decided not to go yesterday following our recent performances and shocking form - im so glad!

Unfortunately, the net result is that we have now been sucked right into the middle of a relegation battle that I don't think the current crop of players have got the spine for :(

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:57 am

Whitters wrote:
aaaae wrote:our defending in the run up was symbolic

Best post of 2018 so far.....

Sorry mate.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hadn't noticed that! That's what you get for posting from your phone in the car park!

Shambolic is what I meant obviously and the highlights show you what I mean.

WSTFC
UTS Regular

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:24 pm

I went. Stupid mistake.

Now Boxing Day was one of the dullest games of football I've watched Walsall play in 19 years of supporting them, and this wasn't much better to be honest with you.

We had 2 opportunities that stood out - both in the 1st half - both down to Bakayoko. One of them was a cross (Leahy possibly), that bounced about 2 yards out which Ama dived in for but had a Plymouth boot clear it just in time. The second one he was clean through, could have taken a touch to slot in, decided to head it straight into the keepers arms as if he was a CB passing it back.

Other than that, Plymouth deserved the points, and Gillespie made a couple of decent-ish saves.

Flanagan was OK, can definitely pick a pass, but can only play in a 5 man midfield because of his stature.

Oztumer was shite - everytime something didn't come off, he jump up in a fit.

The only player that actually played with any passion was Zeli, and he's on his way back to Bury according to my sources, unless he can somehow convince them to let him stay (he does want to stay). He's the only one that looked like he was playing for the shirt.

It's a sad, sad time at Walsall Football Club, and today's signing of Dobson suggests JW isn't going anywhere soon.

Plymouth was the final kick in the teeth for me, it's difficult to see me being motivated to watch that again this season.

Previous
Return to 2017-18 Season