Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Doncaster Rovers (A) League One, 21st Oct, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2017-2018 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
red until im dead

Re: Doncaster Rovers (A) League One, 21st Oct, 3pm

Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:38 pm

I reckon Scott Powell was one of those that wanted Smith out when we were in the bottom 4 at the same point in his tenure as Whitney is now.
I also reckon he was crying in to his shandy ( I say shandy because anything stronger would be a lethal combination with a brain dead a-hole he is ) when the record breaking Smith jumped ship.
This is the very reason I can't be arsed to get my arse down the bescot these days pathetic fans and a pathetic owner. Sorry to those non pathetic fans if you think I am classing all fans the same.

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:22 pm

red until im dead wrote:I reckon Scott Powell was one of those that wanted Smith out when we were in the bottom 4 at the same point in his tenure as Whitney is now.
I also reckon he was crying in to his shandy ( I say shandy because anything stronger would be a lethal combination with a brain dead a-hole he is ) when the record breaking Smith jumped ship.
This is the very reason I can't be arsed to get my arse down the bescot these days pathetic fans and a pathetic owner. Sorry to those non pathetic fans if you think I am classing all fans the same.

Oooh your hard :lol:

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Mazza01 wrote:
red until im dead wrote:I reckon Scott Powell was one of those that wanted Smith out when we were in the bottom 4 at the same point in his tenure as Whitney is now.

Oooh your hard :lol:

Bless him :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Welsh_Saddler on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unsubstantiated allegation, and avoiding the swear filter. BEHAVE!!!

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Well SWAMPY my first of many games was the famous victory at Shrewsbury in 1961 and throughout the sixties, seventies and eighties I went to many away games so the comment you highlighted is accurate. More recently I haven't been to very many however I am entitled to express a view and will continue to do so whether you like it or not. After all thats what this site is about isn't it?
I am sorry I have got under your skin but really all this aggro. you are showing is quite silly considering my initial remarks were not even directed at you. None of the Managers you mention had my support and neither did Sibley or Barnwell but I would never have gone to an away match and hurled abuse at them. I really liked away games because it was us against them and there were many more of them and I felt that the support we gave could lift the team and could help us to get a result. I was and am proud to support Walsall ....a club battling against enormous odds in terms of support and financial backing.

red until im dead

Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:43 pm

(Reference removed by moderator)

red until im dead

Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Why as my post been removed I know what the a-hole meant and with which I want an apology from said a-hole a because if I don't I will take the post to a legal expert as I have 2 children of my own and volunteer as an instructor in a youth group and allegations like that could put that at risk.
My brother in law is also a moderator on this site
I may also request details of said a-hole if I decide to take this further
Many Thanks

Gary Cadman
Name given so as not to hide behind a keyboard

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Walsallone wrote:Well SWAMPY my first of many games was the famous victory at Shrewsbury in 1961 and throughout the sixties, seventies and eighties I went to many away games so the comment you highlighted is accurate. More recently I haven't been to very many however I am entitled to express a view and will continue to do so whether you like it or not. After all thats what this site is about isn't it?
I am sorry I have got under your skin but really all this aggro. you are showing is quite silly considering my initial remarks were not even directed at you. None of the Managers you mention had my support and neither did Sibley or Barnwell but I would never have gone to an away match and hurled abuse at them. I really liked away games because it was us against them and there were many more of them and I felt that the support we gave could lift the team and could help us to get a result. I was and am proud to support Walsall ....a club battling against enormous odds in terms of support and financial backing.

:D :D :D

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:26 pm

red until im dead wrote:Moderator
Why as my post been removed I know what the a-hole meant and with which I want an apology from said a-hole a because if I don't I will take the post to a legal expert as I have 2 children of my own and volunteer as an instructor in a youth group and allegations like that could put that at risk.
Many Thanks

Gary Cadman

Oh get over yourself. Jeez :lol: You provoked with insults and I replied with a few.

red until im dead

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:42 pm

My insults were not as bad as the ones you were calling other users only I got the balls and don't give a shite about being banned from here
I won't get over myself I didn't offend you or call you anything that won't make you loose your kids or put your voluntary work in jeopardy
So as I have said if I don't get an apology I will be taking this further and maybe I may insist you are blocked from the site I'm not pissing about on this people like you are all mouth hiding behind a keyboard
I have screen shots of the conversation as I guessed it would be removed

Happy days a-hole

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:02 pm

red until im dead wrote:Moderator
Many Thanks

Gary Cadman

Hi Gary,

The post to which you referred had to be moderated to remove the reference he made. Your post then referred to the content of his post, (that part of it which had been removed) so your sentiments would have made no sense to anyone reading them.

Please don't take offence at this action, it was merely the reference to the original post that I wanted to remove.

UTS :D

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:06 pm

Look at what our football club has created ... a horrible toxic divide between fans.

JB is to blame for this, JW just pulled the trigger.

wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:24 pm

evening all

not going to comment on whats been said previously

I haven't been to 1 away match this season through choice and ive also done all the grounds.

winning 3-0 away at any ground under any manager is always a cracking win in any context.

I'm not a fan of whitney in the slightest but this is such a crap league this year that any idiot manager or rubbish team could finish in top 6 even us!!

who the heck would have shrewsbury 10 points clear of 3rd but any run from any team and you can move up or down division at rate of knots.

big match Saturday as southend are a point and place above us so yet again we could move up a position or 2 or drop 1 or 2 places.

this board will not sack this manager at the moment until the home crowds start falling below 3,500 or there is a loss of revenue when the early bird season tickets come out .

all we need is some momentum good luck and who knows what could happen as league 1 is crap

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:27 pm

red until im dead wrote:My insults were not as bad as the ones you were calling other users only I got the balls and don't give a shite about being banned from here
I won't get over myself I didn't offend you or call you anything that won't make you loose your kids or put your voluntary work in jeopardy
So as I have said if I don't get an apology I will be taking this further and maybe I may insist you are blocked from the site I'm not pissing about on this people like you are all mouth hiding behind a keyboard
I have screen shots of the conversation as I guessed it would be removed

Happy days a-hole

I sincerely apologise for calling you a nonce. You are not one. Maybe I should have used twerp as that would have been far more accurate.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:29 pm

scott_powell wrote:Look at what our football club has created ... a horrible toxic divide between fans.

As an impartial onlooker I have to say that there wasn't much toxicity until you came along. There will always be divisions between fans because we will all have differences of opinion, but as the old song put it "It ain't what you say, it's the way that you say it". Friendly banter is one thing and is to be welcomed, but vitriolic personal insults are very different and have no place here.

Your comment on Twitter several hours ago that you were no longer going to contribute to this board was evidently another empty gesture.

Think on, please.

cookyskid
UTS Regular

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:30 pm

The numbers on this site probably represent about 5% of the fanbase. So any conflict on here is just mutual masturbation in the scheme of things,
As is the 1% chanting 'Whitney Out' yesterday.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:39 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:Look at what our football club has created ... a horrible toxic divide between fans.

As an impartial onlooker I have to say that there wasn't much toxicity until you came along. There will always be divisions between fans because we will all have differences of opinion, but as the old song put it "It ain't what you say, it's the way that you say it". Friendly banter is one thing and is to be welcomed, but vitriolic personal insults are very different and have no place here.

Your comment on Twitter several hours ago that you were no longer going to contribute to this board was evidently another empty gesture.

Think on, please.

I'm only replying. I won't be contributing once this thread dies don't you worry!

I say it how it is and I sometimes forget that that can come across blunt and aggressive online. For that I apologise, it's nothing i wouldn't say in person though.

Optimistic
UTS Veteran

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:53 pm

You just don't get it do you Scott. It is you who is responsible for the toxic divide between fans on here with insults which are not the normal behavior of most people. I am not questioning whether you have the guts to say it in person or not this is supposed to be a forum for friendly fans so that is irrelevant. JB and JW ARE the football club the rest of us are merely paying audience with a forum to voice our opinions.

If as suggested elsewhere you are responsible or even partially responsible for the singing section in the upper tier at home games then I congratulate you on what I consider a very successful section of the fans who add encouragement to the team and are the 12th man on many an occasion. For that you could be proud. If that section of fans start to give negative support I will be surprised if the club allow that to happen. If you are with the singers we need you but we need you with a positive and supportive attitude.

red until im dead

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:56 pm

Would you like to call me a nonce or a twerp to my face please say yes just to prove your not a keyboard warrior or gobshite

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:00 pm

red until im dead wrote:Would you like to call me a nonce or a twerp to my face please say yes just to prove your not a keyboard warrior or gobshite

I would rather sit on a spike than be in your company to be honest.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:16 pm

OK ...... TIME OUT

Exchanges of personal insults and other playground behaviour certainly have no place on this particular match thread.

Any repetition will lead to posts and/or posters being removed. If you want to indulge at gutter level then do it via the PM facility.

UTS

red until im dead

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Thought that might be your response I need say no more thank you

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:24 pm

red until im dead wrote:Thought that might be your response I need say no more thank you

Awww cute.

Micky Saddler
UTS Veteran

Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:59 am

What a sad state of affairs...

I pray to god we win against Southend, at least then we may all be able to return to some sort of normality and stop this divide between fans over Whitney in/out

Bottom line, we all love this club, JW loves this club. Lets all get behind them and give them the encouragement they need.

We are unbeaten in a 4 now (after playing some good sides) , and still unbeaten at home.

Cmon me babbies.

UTS

sirrammell

Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:07 am

JonnyOwen wrote:Very poor first half, it was eerily similar to the first half vs MK with only a fantastic fingertip save and a awful miss from Marquis 3 seconds later the only thing keeping us from going in 1 nil down. Second half was much, much better and I've got to give Whitney props for that. We looked much more sound defensively and I was never worried about us conceding. Both Bakayoko and Oztumer were poor overall but they did a whole lot of running to protect their full backs which allowed us to counterattack. Our passing was awful throughout the match though and we used far too much the hoofball.

On the fans, I don't personally like having negative chants during the match - but initially the Whitney out chanting started relatively understandable, we were so bad first half and it felt like a continuation of the poor performances of recent games. But when second half that we started playing better and ended up grabbing the first goal, that is when you stop the Whitney out chants and support the lads, help them over the line - forget about Whitney completely until we have all 3 points. Then you voice your opinion.

Well done to the lads. My MOTM was tied between Chambers and Gillespie.

Absolutely agree with this. First half was very similar to MK, a real lack of flow because we reverted to pumping the ball up. Second half we were much better. I said to my mates before the game; JW is not a good tactician so if the opposition change formation at half time we will lose, if they dont JW is capable of motivating a win in the dressing room. Lets be honest though if Donnie had scored that sitter in the first half it could have been another 1-1.

bangsection
Site Addict

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:04 am

Spent the whole game on Saturday sat next to a happy clapper. :roll:

Mind you, he is 7 and that's the first time he's seen us score this season, never mind win.

He jumped up and down so much when Ozzy notched the first that he got balti pie all over his nose.

It was lovely.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:19 am

bangsection wrote:Spent the whole game on Saturday sat next to a happy clapper. :roll:

Mind you, he is 7 and that's the first time he's seen us score this season, never mind win.

He jumped up and down so much when Ozzy notched the first that he got balti pie all over his nose.

It was lovely.

Sounds better than my induction, which was a cold, lonely and miserable experience in the late 1970s. It was only punctuated by a kid next to me getting painfully smacked in the face by a ball. There may have been goals, but I spent the rest of the game cowering in terror.

3-0 away wins have to be enjoyed to the max!

PT
Site Addict

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:33 am

bangsection wrote:Spent the whole game on Saturday sat next to a happy clapper. :roll:

It was lovely.

Oh yeah. Football and unbridled escapism and joy. That's why.

Like with a lot of things in life, the kids remind us.

Paulus68
UTS Regular

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:57 am

cookyskid wrote:The numbers on this site probably represent about 5% of the fanbase. So any conflict on here is just mutual masturbation in the scheme of things,

Vociferous minority...again.

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:15 pm

It was lovely.

After you forced him to sit through the Wigan game I'm surprised he ever wanted to go again. After that game any kind of half decent performance is going to feel like thrilling, total football.

chunkster
Site Addict

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:27 pm

Paulus68 wrote:
cookyskid wrote:The numbers on this site probably represent about 5% of the fanbase. So any conflict on here is just mutual masturbation in the scheme of things,

Vociferous minority...again.
yes but the problem is, managers staff and players can still hear it and take note of it, I know dicky dosh wasn't the most endearing managers we ever had, but he used to listen to the window lickers behind the dugout and react to it :roll: and used that small minded brigade to lambast the rest of the fans, and unless other fans start singing Whitney in, in a much louder voice then it will only go one way. Mind you the last time I was at a Match that the right side were singing against the left it ended up with a few black eyes :lol:

PreviousNext
Return to 2017-18 Season