Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Blackpool (H) League One 14th Oct, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2017-2018 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Re: Blackpool (H) League One 14th Oct, 3pm

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:52 pm

Championship class goal from Ozzie

Another point from a team above us

Still unbeaten at home

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:58 pm

What did I say about Whitney & Baky? Must be a secret love child?
Just got back from a day in the Yorks Moors and thought to myself, I bet Baky does play & it'll end 1-1.
No more to be said, far too near to the zone for our own good. With our tepid away form we could be in big trouble! :( Whitney lovers will have trouble defending him now............ for the sake of our beloved but poorly performing team, he's gorra gew!

Sadsfan
Glitterati

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:04 pm

Cowshed wrote:Championship class goal from Ozzie

Still unbeaten at home

Still playing cack.

Gripper
Glitterati

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Blackpool should've been winning 3-1 easy at half time. They only had one sniff in the second half and it was straight after the change...they scored.

Ozzie's free kick - unreal.

Morris - not progressed in 3 years. Get rid.

Tyler - such a live wire. He always deserves a goal IMO (except for his performance at Rotherham).

Leahy - he kept mis-controlling simple passes. Never seen anything like it. Tragic.

We are missing chambers so much.

Whitney out after 60 mins - nice positive atmosphere as you can imagine...

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:11 pm

The club need to do the right thing and sack Whitney tonight.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Still unbeaten at home

Another game without a clean sheet.

DIRE ineffective football.

Clueless manager.
Last edited by scott_powell on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:29 pm

A poor performance not helped by the team selected. I was surprised that Tyler didn't play from the start and if Chambers was on the bench he could have started. Having said that we should have won because we had a "goal" disallowed after been given by the referee!!! Does anyone know why it was disallowed? One further point if every time we concede a goal we start booing and chanting for the Manager's head we will have no chance of progressing.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Walsallone wrote:A poor performance not helped by the team selected. I was surprised that Tyler didn't play from the start and if Chambers was on the bench he could have started. Having said that we should have won because we had a "goal" disallowed after been given by the referee!!! Does anyone know why it was disallowed? One further point if every time we concede a goal we start booing and chanting for the Manager's head we will have no chance of progressing.

We have no chance of progressing under Whitney.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:33 pm

Right, that was fudge terrible.

Gillespie - Proper gash. He reminds me of Richard Mckinney.
Devlin - Meh
Guthrie - Meh
Roberts - Meh
Wilson - Meh
Leahy - gash

Morris - will end up at Stourbridge, absolute mince
Edwards - was trying to do about 3 other peoples jobs, so he was gash
Oztumer - Scored a wonderful free kick then proceeded to be gash. People will say "at least he was trying to create" but he was crap with the rest of them.

Agyei - Not as gash as Bakayoko but he was dire today. He could have took either off but it was funny how the fans switched.
Bakayoko - Gash, carthorse, not interested.

Roberts - Came on, not enough service to judge, still did more that Agyei and Bakayoko combined.

Whitney - Gash- His post match comments were extra special garbage today. The dissallowed goal has given him an excuse, hes a fudge knob. clapping the fans at the end as they sung Whitney Out.

Blackpool were complete tat, all they did was loop it long and they were in every time due to our defence being compete bilge. They scored because Gillespies wrists are made from butter.

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Whitless. Makes O'Dismal look like a genius. Sack him now - I personally will not renew my ST with this cliche spouting clown in charge.

Useless long ball cack to two identical zero movement big strikers - while he has the best young support striker in the division on the bench. And Chambers sitting on the bench ffs. cack manager, dog-face esque.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:36 pm

After a run of tricky games, I fully expected us to win this one.

3 more easy-ish games to try and get points from. I'd settle for 7 points, but I wanted 8. Still on, but now we have to win away.

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Agreed SAIGON...we need to win one of the two away games coming up...if we don't the pressure will be even greater. As for people who think everybody was rubbish today I think that is rubbish too. It is true it was a poor performance compared to our recent home form but the result was the same so is it better to get a point from a poor performance or to get only one when we have played well? UTS

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:47 pm

That was shite, absolute dog shite. Blackpool were crap but could/should have seen us off.

No messing around now, get rid of Whitney, NOW.

Ca'n't keep a clean sheet, rely on a worldly goal every week. Takes Ageyi off and keeps Amadou "I stand around with my thumb up my arse" Bakayoko on.

The bloke ain't got a clue.

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:50 pm

Walsallone wrote:A poor performance not helped by the team selected. I was surprised that Tyler didn't play from the start and if Chambers was on the bench he could have started. Having said that we should have won because we had a "goal" disallowed after been given by the referee!!! Does anyone know why it was disallowed? One further point if every time we concede a goal we start booing and chanting for the Manager's head we will have no chance of progressing.

That's it, blame the fans for us not progressing but NEVER blame the manager.

Clap, smile, clap. smile.

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Cowshed wrote:
Still unbeaten at home

50% of the points.............................it's hardly fortress Bescot is it ?

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Lucky to come away with a point. Morris is baffling, he can't pass, can't tackle, can't track runs, has no space to dribble (what he's good at)... so why does Whitney insist on playing him central midfield? He said on WM that he deserved to play today because he played well against Shrewsbury, but he didn't, he didn't do anything whatsoever. If Adam isn't still 100%, why not stick an actual central midfielder in Reece Flanagan there, sure he has had his stick playing for us, but at least that is his actual position.

Then there's Bakayoko, who stays in ahead of our best striker in Tyler Roberts because, yet again, "he did well against Shrewsbury". Did he?! He ran the channels a bunch but his link up play was poor, as it has been all season, on current form, much like Morris, he provided absolutely nothing. Team selections are becoming increasingly bemusing every game and I'm really starting to despair watching this turgid rubbish. Oztumer, bar his goal, was also very poor today too, which is saying a lot about our overall quality and our patterns of play. It's so odd as I actually think we have a number of really good players all over the pitch (other than goalkeeper), and it is just Whitney's inability to coach them to play together with a consistent style of football and organisation.

It says an awful lot that our best players were our three centre halves in a game where we looked vulnerable from every corner and was lucky to not concede 2 or 3.

It's Whitney out for me, it's gone too far against him now and I really can't see him winning the fans back over now, Get rid of him and Sharps, have Cutler and Ward as caretakers and try and get Ade Viveash in charge IMO.
Last edited by JonnyOwen on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:59 pm

JonnyOwen wrote:Lucky to come away with a point. Morris is baffling, he can't pass, can't tackle, can't track runs, has no space to dribble (what he's good at)... so why does Whitney insist on playing him central midfield? He said on WM that he deserved to play today because he played well against Shrewsbury, but he didn't, he didn't do anything whatsoever. If Adam isn't still 100%, why not stick an actual central midfielder in Reece Flanagan there, sure he has had his stick playing for us, but at least that is his actual position.

Then there's Bakayoko, who stays in ahead of our best striker in Tyler Roberts because, yet again, "he did well against Shrewsbury". Did he?! He ran the channels a bunch but his link up play was poor, as it has been all season, on current form, must like Morris, he provided absolutely nothing. Team selections are becoming increasingly bemusing every game and I'm really starting to despair watching this turgid rubbish. Oztumer, bar his goal, was also very poor today too, which is saying a lot about our overall quality and our patterns of play. It's so odd as I actually think we have a number of really good players all over the pitch (other than goalkeeper), and it is just Whitney's inability to coach them to play together with a consistent style of football and organisation.

It says an awful lot that our best players were our three centre halves in a game where we looked vulnerable from every corner and was lucky to not concede 2 or 3.

It's Whitney out for me, it's gone too far against him now and I really can't see him winning the fans back over now, Get rid of him and Sharps, have Cutler and Ward as caretakers and try and get Ade Viveash in charge IMO.

Spot on

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:05 pm

scott_powell wrote:
JonnyOwen wrote:Lucky to come away with a point. Morris is baffling, he can't pass, can't tackle, can't track runs, has no space to dribble (what he's good at)... so why does Whitney insist on playing him central midfield? He said on WM that he deserved to play today because he played well against Shrewsbury, but he didn't, he didn't do anything whatsoever. If Adam isn't still 100%, why not stick an actual central midfielder in Reece Flanagan there, sure he has had his stick playing for us, but at least that is his actual position.

Then there's Bakayoko, who stays in ahead of our best striker in Tyler Roberts because, yet again, "he did well against Shrewsbury". Did he?! He ran the channels a bunch but his link up play was poor, as it has been all season, on current form, must like Morris, he provided absolutely nothing. Team selections are becoming increasingly bemusing every game and I'm really starting to despair watching this turgid rubbish. Oztumer, bar his goal, was also very poor today too, which is saying a lot about our overall quality and our patterns of play. It's so odd as I actually think we have a number of really good players all over the pitch (other than goalkeeper), and it is just Whitney's inability to coach them to play together with a consistent style of football and organisation.

Spot on

Too right. Enough's enough.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:13 pm

latviancheese wrote:Right, that was fudge terrible.

Devlin - Meh
Guthrie - Meh
Roberts - Meh
Wilson - Meh
Leahy - gash

Oztumer - Scored a wonderful free kick then proceeded to be gash. People will say "at least he was trying to create" but he was crap with the rest of them.

Agyei - Not as gash as Bakayoko but he was dire today. He could have took either off but it was funny how the fans switched.

Roberts - Came on, not enough service to judge, still did more that Agyei and Bakayoko combined.

Whitney - Gash- His post match comments were extra special garbage today. The dissallowed goal has given him an excuse, hes a fudge knob. clapping the fans at the end as they sung Whitney Out.

Blackpool were complete tat, all they did was loop it long and they were in every time due to our defence being compete bilge. They scored because Gillespies wrists are made from butter.

... what? Literally kept us in the game with two great saves. I’m baffled that he gets zero praise and nothing but criticism. They scored because they constantly beat on our door. Should have scored way before they did.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:19 pm

Most 'telling' part of the above posts was the expression "another point from a team above us" FFS!!! this is Blackpool........Blackpool, for clips sake, and we should be 'proud' to get a point from them?.......at home!!
Soon, every team in the 3rd Division will be above us...a quick look at the improving teams below......Bury/Gillingham etc.
WE cannot expect to stay in our usual 'mid table mediocrity' position if we cannot win away and struggle to squeeze single points at home....that is garbage relegation form....can anyone see this 'dropping like a stone' situation improving under this management?
I think not. NIce bloke and all that, but he is out of his depth, hasn't a clue how to get the best out of this squad.
I'm sure that if he picks Baky up front again he will face some VERY angry fans.

kshammer
Site Addict

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:27 pm

Today was rubbish - didn't deserve the lead, gave a goal away that a pub team would be disgusted with and showed zero tactics and zero intelligence (well they do say teams reflect their manager).

The defence is beyond dire. The wing backs cannot defend, and look rubbish to be honest, and the centre backs are clueless.

Midfield is non existent. Edwards is a tryer but has no chance when playing along the invisible man, Morris. How Morris lasted 90 mins today ill never know. Has very little ability and is happy to let the game pass him by. Id let him go tomorrow - awful, gutless player who gets more chances just because he's "one of our own".

Didn't actually have a problem with Agyei coming off as he'd spent the game trying in vain to control the ball. Baka was equally bad, and looks bereft of confidence, and so why Tyler didn't start ill never know. There are decent forwards at this club but Shitney is doing his best to ruin them.

I'm definately Whitless Out. A half decent manager would get more out of this lot. His over the top shaking hands at the end was pathetic - looked like a child. If I played under him id think he was an idiot and so id imagine the players do too.

ToeJoe Jnr
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:28 pm

El_Nombre wrote:

Devlin - Meh
Guthrie - Meh
Roberts - Meh
Wilson - Meh
Leahy - gash

... what? Literally kept us in the game with two great saves. I’m baffled that he gets zero praise and nothing but criticism. They scored because they constantly beat on our door. Should have scored way before they did.

I agree to some extent with this however it is concening how often he is beaten by shots that are straight at him!

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:31 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:After a run of tricky games, I fully expected us to win this one.

3 more easy-ish games to try and get points from. I'd settle for 7 points, but I wanted 8.

How are you going to get 8 points from 3 games ?

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:31 pm

ToeJoe Jnr wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:

Devlin - Meh
Guthrie - Meh
Roberts - Meh
Wilson - Meh
Leahy - gash

I agree to some extent with this however it is concening how often he is beaten by shots that are straight at him!

He should have done better with the goal yes, but on balance he was not the reason we conceded. He seems to make worldie saves and let in the simple ones which is frustrating but he’s nowhere near as bad as some make out. Peter Shilton would have his work cut out for him if you concede as many chances as we seem too each game.

wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:32 pm

the problem is that were drawing too many at home but they look like they could easily have turned into defeats
then we cant win away so we cant turn losses into draws away or draws into wins
the team do not look at all interested or if they do they certainly don't look like they are

these draws keep him in a job but dwindling crowds especially when the weather turns and then the falling season tickets after xmas
one thing is for sure now hes lost the home crowd theres no way back for him but hes stubborn enough not to resign.

if the board are reading all these comments on here then do the correct things before it turns into a nasty stand off.
get viveash in pay him good wage and lets change this utter garbage football now

coop63
Glitterati

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:38 pm

Still unbeaten at home

Agree with your first comment but that's all .......

Points at home with poor form away mean only one thing - a struggle ahead.. current form is complete rubbish and the defensive frailties in respect of clean sheets achieved and penalties conceded mean we are heading for a tough, tough winter...

How anyone can be happy with our current position us beyond me...

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:06 pm

Very surprised by the amount of people on here who don't see us as potential relegation candidates.

We can't win away and for me our performances get worse week on week.

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Who is happy COOP? No one who's has posted today is happy but is sacking the Manager the answer?We had much worse performances under Smith...I seem to remember a 19 game run without a win but in the end he produced a decent team. This team is young, not just terms of age but appearances too.I think Ozzie and Edwards are our most experienced players when Chambers isn't playing. The key question is can they collectively get better? I don't know the answer to that and neither do most supporters.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:22 pm

Walsallone wrote:Who is happy COOP? No one who's has posted today is happy but is sacking the Manager the answer?We had much worse performances under Smith...I seem to remember a 19 game run without a win but in the end he produced a decent team. This team is young, not just terms of age but appearances too.I think Ozzie and Edwards are our most experienced players when Chambers isn't playing. The key question is can they collectively get better? I don't know the answer to that and neither do most supporters.

I have the answer. Sack Whitney and Sharpe, get in Viveash and a assistant of his choice. A more realistic option than blind faith.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:33 pm

Kept us in the game with two saves straight at him. The third one straight at him went through him. He also played two Suicide passes straight down the middle, and tried to throw the ball 70 yards straight to their forward . He’s fudge tat.
El_Nombre wrote:

Devlin - Meh
Guthrie - Meh
Roberts - Meh
Wilson - Meh
Leahy - gash

PreviousNext
Return to 2017-18 Season