Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Shrewsbury Town (H) League One, 7th Oct 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2017-2018 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Re: Shrewsbury Town (H) League One, 7th Oct 3pm

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:08 pm

saddla wrote:So, let me get this right. If we don't beat the only team in the whole of the football league who haven't lost a game all season, we have a really crap manager who needs to be sacked?
The team that's played 11 won 9 and drawn 2?
The team that's beaten Wigan, Scunthorpe and Southend in the last month? They must have crap managers too then :roll:

And if by some miracle we happen to be the only team in the league to beat them it's only papering over the cracks?

What a fudge attitude to take to a football match!
What happened to all the smiling faces going down the Wednesbury Rd? They must all be supporting Man City or Chelsea on their sky boxes. :lol:

The attitude on here makes me despair far more than the bloody manager.

I agree

Glass still half full for me

Cully
Site Addict

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:40 pm

Looking forward to adding to my match report as 'Whitney outs' plunge the Mariano trench of despair as we scrape a 3 - 0 win and fail to give away a penalty due to man with beard in the blue pop pot noodle end looking at Whitney in a 'funny way'.

Papering over the cracks, Physio, Direct football, Proper manager, No plan, Camp David, Wall falling down :arrow: PERIOD :lol:

I love being a Walsall fan :D

PT
Site Addict

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Cully wrote:

Too right. Everything else is just bollocks.

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:02 am

PT wrote:
Cully wrote:

Too right. Everything else is just bollocks.

You and me both - friends forever in a common cause! [I think I have a tear in my eye as I type]

:D

ObiWan7
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:47 am

I am usually optimistic when it comes to games against the Inbreads, however i fear the worst today i really do.

We look below average at best , i fear today will be a lesson in how a small club can do good by having someone in charge with not only a plan B but a plan C and D that can make a difference. At times this season JW didn't appear to have a plan A.

In front of about 6k , i predict a shoeing , maybe 3 or 4 nil to the Shrews, followed by JW signing on Monday morning.

God i hope i'm wrong as a win could kick start our season but it won't happen. Given the posisitoin we're in and the good chance of being given no money to spend in January , i fear there will be less people applying for the Managers job than there are people queueing up to use Oscar Pistorius's Bathroom. Cutler will probably get it , then we might as well face a relegation scrap for 17/18.

God i'm depressed , at work all day again , so i shall read the updates on here . However i fear it won't be happy viewing.

Obi

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:27 am

ObiWan7 wrote:I am usually optimistic when it comes to games against the Inbreads, however i fear the worst today i really do.

We look below average at best , i fear today will be a lesson in how a small club can do good by having someone in charge with not only a plan B but a plan C and D that can make a difference. At times this season JW didn't appear to have a plan A.

In front of about 6k , i predict a shoeing , maybe 3 or 4 nil to the Shrews, followed by JW signing on Monday morning.

God i hope i'm wrong as a win could kick start our season but it won't happen. Given the posisitoin we're in and the good chance of being given no money to spend in January , i fear there will be less people applying for the Managers job than there are people queueing up to use Oscar Pistorius's Bathroom. Cutler will probably get it , then we might as well face a relegation scrap for 17/18.

God i'm depressed , at work all day again , so i shall read the updates on here . However i fear it won't be happy viewing.

Obi

Yes, they certainly are a crusty bunch. :wink:

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:29 am

My Nan would agree.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:32 am

This thread is attracting a lot of floury talk .....

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:33 am

It's just a pitta fun.

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:50 am

I dough get it.

ObiWan7
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:04 pm

I think my poor spelling is the yeast of our worries :lol:

Sadsfan
Glitterati

Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Hopefully we can wrap up three points

cumbria-saddler
Glitterati

Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:34 pm

First home game I've made it to since we bea them last October.

Been to 3 away games so far, seen 3 defeats, so I'm due at least a draw. 3-3, Agyei, Edwards and Bakayoko with a late equaliser.

wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:37 pm

what we have to ask ourselves is are we looking forward to the match against shrewsbury

when I was younger even though we played some awful footy I always looked forward to home game being ready at 12 oclock season ticket clutched in my donnys.

now ill trudge over from my house around 2.30 to get there for 2.50 have a face on me be negative with who I sit by about the upcoming game predict a draw at best and be pissed off that certain players are in or aren't in the team.

back to todays game its just like Walsall to pull off a shock but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we lost again.
did I just say a shock my god shows how far weve dropped when it would be a shock to beat shrewsbury that tells its own story

EvenFlow
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:11 pm

wednesburysaddler wrote:did I just say a shock my god shows how far weve dropped when it would be a shock to beat shrewsbury that tells its own story

The "story" is that Shrewsbury are top of the league after 11 games. Nothing like giving the only unbeaten team in the Football League a bit of credit.

Micky Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:19 pm

Gillespie

Roberts Guthrie Wilson

Devlin Leahy

Edwards Morris

Ozzy

Baka Agyei

UTS Legend

Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:36 pm

1Gillespie
14Wilson
24Roberts
5Guthrie
6Devlin
2Edwards
11Morris
3Leahy
10Oztumer
20Bakayoko
32Agyei
Substitutes
13Roberts
17Flanagan
18Roberts
19Ismail
25Kouhyar
29Shorrock
36Candlin

15MacGillivray in goal for them.

ObiWan7
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:50 pm

We're going to get dicked today!!!! :(

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:03 pm

What did I say earlier....that Mr. Motivator would pick Baky....again.... (because he has shown effort and enthusiasm in training :evil: what a load of bullards ) to prove once again that he will give us precisely nowt. However, good to see Agyei in the starting line up, at least he DOES know where the net is!

Even if we get the dicking everyone predicts, because Salop are top of the League (for a bit) The Board will have all the usual excuses about 'better teams than us' to do bugger all about our predicament.

So come on lads, keep this guy in a job till Cringle at least...and earn us a point...we need it to escape being sucked into the zone.
Last edited by Ancient Moaner on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EvenFlow
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:04 pm

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:We should be beating the likes of Walsall.

Just had a pre-game peruse of that thread. We need to turn this lot over now. Half a dozen wins, for a change, and they've gone all Billy Big-Bolognaise.

Having a pop at the gaps in our stands. Erm... glass houses and boulders?

Away attendances are the only thing we've got over them? Sure, if you don't count routinely turning them over, and finishing higher than them every single season for a couple of decades.

Getting excited about something like 400 more home fans on average (didn't bother clicking the link), which is a pretty lame comparison when you're the only league team in your county.

Yep, we need to do 'em (as usual :P )

UTS Legend

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:11 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:What did I say earlier....that Mr. Motivator would pick Baky....again.... (because he has shown effort and enthusiasm in training :evil: what a load of bullards ) to prove once again that he will give us precisely nowt. However, good to see Agyei in the starting line up, at least he DOES know where the net is!

Even if we get the dicking everyone predicts, because Salop are top of the League (for a bit) The Board will have all the usual excuses about 'better teams than us' to do bugger all about our predicament.

So come on lads, keep this guy in a job till Cringle at least...and earn us a point...we need it to escape being sucked into the zone.

Who would you have instead of Bakayoko?

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:14 pm

Guest wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:What did I say earlier....that Mr. Motivator would pick Baky....again.... (because he has shown effort and enthusiasm in training :evil: what a load of bullards ) to prove once again that he will give us precisely nowt. However, good to see Agyei in the starting line up, at least he DOES know where the net is!

Er??? Do I really need to answer that?
How many supporters does it need to wring Whitney's neck into accepting that a Tyler/Daniel combo up front would actually WORK!
Last edited by Ancient Moaner on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chunkster
Site Addict

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:17 pm

The bogey strikes again :mrgreen:

ObiWan7
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:17 pm

Sh*t have we just scored :)

UTS Legend

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:
Guest wrote:

Er??? Do I really need to answer that?

Well, it's not really JW's fault that Tyler Roberts played for Wales U-21 on Thursday...

AGGY!!!

chunkster
Site Addict

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:19 pm

ObiWan7 wrote:Sh*t have we just scored :)

A worldly by Agyei :wink:

Fish
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:What did I say earlier....that Mr. Motivator would pick Baky....again.... (because he has shown effort and enthusiasm in training :evil: ...)

That's not fair. He will have run hundreds of kilometres for Iron Man last week. He deserves his place. Anyway the result doesn't matter...it's how fit the team are that counts (and the number of teeth they lose).

chunkster
Site Addict

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:20 pm

And another god dam penalty :x

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:21 pm

We've scored bloomin eck! HE really DOES know where the net is!!!!

Come on me babbies.....................

EvenFlow
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:21 pm

The weekly penalty conceded....

PreviousNext
Return to 2017-18 Season