Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

W.B.A. U-21 (H) EFL Trophy, Sept 19th 7.45pm

Reports and reaction from the 2017-2018 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Re: W.B.A. U-21 (H) EFL Trophy, Sept 19th 7.45pm

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:58 pm

ive got a season ticket so I go every hime game

couldn't even get up for this if I was driven in bought a meal and driven home simply has no interest.
doesn't make me braindead doesn't make me unloyal.

decided not to go because I don't rate it as a competitive match and agree with another poster that id give Wembley a miss should we get there in this competition.

having said all that if the gate money isn't worth collecting then why not let people in for free last night.
could have given a good idea of how many would go if completely free of charge I would say 2k tops

they even could have let those poor folks who went to Rotherham in for free and give them a drink and a pie would have been a good bit of p.r for a few quid of cost.

glad we won but don't care for this format of competition, would rather have an anglo welsh or Scottish cup at least it would make it more interesting

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:09 pm

Walsallone wrote:I don't think I mentioned Wembley KEVLAR....that was not my motivation for going to the match...indeed as I pointed out I don't like the competition but I do support my team.

Think we're at cross-purposes. My mistake .

I was quoting kshammer.

And just pointing out that I think Wembley ( especially the new Wembley ) has lost the prestige it once had.

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:29 pm

I am brain dead but that's not the reason for me not going.

WillenhallManiac

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:20 pm

I can't understand why Harry's post has managed to provoke such offence. I can only conclude it's a case of if the cap fits wear it.

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Thats ok KEVLAR,,,when you get old sometimes you cannot remember what you posted you know!!! :D but I didn't recall mentioning Wembley!!

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:11 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
Harry wrote:
Soton Saddler wrote:I'm not sure that's what Harry was saying.... I think he was saying that those who went were loyal (feels true) and that those who didn't go it seemed as if the brain-dead were amongst them, not that all that didn't go weren't loyal.

Not an attack just an observation.

I found the atmosphere last night very pleasant because all the fans seemed very positive about our performance even when we went a goal behind. My impression was that there was a preponderance of very loyal supporters, but of course that does not mean that everyone who did not go last night is not loyal. How on earth could anyone think I meant that? It makes no sense.

The "brain dead fans" who did not seem to be there last night, are those who make the atmosphere unpleasant. Of course that does not mean that everyone who did not go last night is brain dead or spoils the atmosphere. A real failure in comprehension and logic is needed for someone to think that.

You clearly stated above that those not in attendance last night were "Braindead".
Thanks for that you prick.

So you didn't go then Swampy?

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:31 pm

scott_powell wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
Harry wrote:
Soton Saddler wrote:I'm not sure that's what Harry was saying.... I think he was saying that those who went were loyal (feels true) and that those who didn't go it seemed as if the brain-dead were amongst them, not that all that didn't go weren't loyal.

I found the atmosphere last night very pleasant because all the fans seemed very positive about our performance even when we went a goal behind. My impression was that there was a preponderance of very loyal supporters, but of course that does not mean that everyone who did not go last night is not loyal. How on earth could anyone think I meant that? It makes no sense.

The "brain dead fans" who did not seem to be there last night, are those who make the atmosphere unpleasant. Of course that does not mean that everyone who did not go last night is brain dead or spoils the atmosphere. A real failure in comprehension and logic is needed for someone to think that.

You clearly stated above that those not in attendance last night were "Braindead".

Even after Harry has explained, what he's ultimately saying is you're not allowed to be annoyed at a football match. If you are, you are braindead. Cheers for that Harry.

(he quite clearly called those there loyal and those who weren't braindead)

He was quite clearly referring to 'fans' like the pratt with the tiny todger who bared his spotty arse to the team at the end of the Rotherham game. Erhm.......wasn't you showing your annoyance was it Scott?

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:17 pm

DonningtonSaddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
Harry wrote:

Even after Harry has explained, what he's ultimately saying is you're not allowed to be annoyed at a football match. If you are, you are braindead. Cheers for that Harry.

(he quite clearly called those there loyal and those who weren't braindead)

He was quite clearly referring to 'fans' like the pratt with the tiny todger who bared his spotty arse to the team at the end of the Rotherham game. Erhm.......wasn't you showing your annoyance was it Scott?

You trying to say I'm one of these brain dead fans? I'll have you know I do NOT boo or call for anyone's head at games. Those on here who know me from games know I'm actually very supportive of the team. I may be WHITNEY OUT but I tend to keep it in until I speak to people outside the ground or on social media. Given all this, I do not think those who do boo are brain dead. They pay their money so have the right to voice their opinions and understandable frustrations.

Anyone who bares their arse at a game is clearly a bit brain dead, but Harry is referring to those who voice their opinions differently to him. This sites just full of snowflakes like Harry now. Gone to shite.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:59 am

DonningtonSaddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
Harry wrote:

So you didn't go then Swampy?

No. Fortunately I was at a Darts A.G.M (being the Captain of our team I am expected to attend) which was more invigorating.
Being one of the happy bunch I can presume you graced Bescot with your presence.

saddla
Site Addict

Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:07 am

The whole point of this competition (?) is that prem teams are paying for their kids to be tried out against lower league teams. I don't think the premier league would give a cack if it was played behind closed doors.

reedswood sadler
Glitterati

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:58 am

saddla wrote:The whole point of this competition (?) is that prem teams are paying for their kids to be tried out against lower league teams. I don't think the premier league would give a cack if it was played behind closed doors.

Good summing up the only reason the prem teams are in is that lower league clubs saw MONEY. they are not idiots and are probably getting more for playing in front of very small crowds than they were in front of bigger gates in the original format.
Protest away all that will happen is any sign of clubs backing out up will go the money and greed will always win, if that means playing in front of 1 man and his dog they have the MONEY.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:58 pm

Hissy fit game is strong in this thread.

Micky Saddler
UTS Veteran

Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:23 pm

We won. Case closed. Well done the boys. Let's do the same Saturday.

But seriously, What in God's name is happening on this forum!? There is a handbag situation on every single new thread that gets created :lol:

Other fans must be having a right cackle when coming on here :shock:

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:26 pm

Micky Saddler wrote:We won. Case closed. Well done the boys. Let's do the same Saturday.

But seriously, What in God's name is happening on this forum!? There is a handbag situation on every single new thread that gets created :lol:

We have a robust free speech policy. Some posters test it. Especially the ones who can't see past their own viewpoint and feel compelled to disagree at every opportunity.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:11 am

Exile wrote:
Micky Saddler wrote:We won. Case closed. Well done the boys. Let's do the same Saturday.

We have a robust free speech policy. Some posters test it. Especially the ones who can't see past their own viewpoint and feel compelled to disagree at every opportunity.

No they don't :D

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:46 am

Cheesebag wrote:
Exile wrote:

Yes they do.

saddlerphil
UTS Veteran

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:47 am

swampysaddler wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:
Exile wrote:

Yes they do.

I can't see it myself?

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:50 pm

saddlerphil wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:
Exile wrote:

Yes they do.

I can't see it myself?

Should've gone to Specsavers.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:19 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
saddlerphil wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:
Exile wrote:We have a robust free speech policy. Some posters test it. Especially the ones who can't see past their own viewpoint and feel compelled to disagree at every opportunity.

Yes they do.

I can't see it myself?

Should've gone to Specsavers.

I'm Spartacus!

Previous
Return to 2017-18 Season