Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Spanish la Liga

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
chunkster
Site Addict

Spanish la Liga

Sat May 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Went to my first Spanish la liga 2 game last night, CDTenerife. Wow what a completely different outlook and atmosphere, the coach picked us up from the bar, and promptly stopped about 20 mins later at the first petrol station with 2 bars :lol: then dropped us off another 30 mins later at another stretch of bars. Their fans have just been awarded the liga 2 best fans of the season award, and you could see why, they went through a repertoire of around 20-30 songs throughout the game, and only stopped at half time. The thing that surprised me more than anything, was the fact that they had a guy leading the singing with a microphone linked to the grounds tannoy :shock: . Could you imagine giving that privilege to someone in our ground :lol: . These were just young lads that have the team and clubs interests sincerely at heart. And with a drum and about 50 fans they made the 8,000 crowd seem like 20,000. They hung protest banners on the pitch wall with the help of the stewards. There were about 8-10 kids playing football on the concourse with the stewards joining in, and even retrieving the ball for them when it went over the pitch wall. I thought I was in a parallel universe :lol: . I managed to go to the toilet AND get a drink and something to eat for a couple of quid and all withought queuing. There were people walking around the ground selling popcorn ice cream and drinks all through the game, and it only cost me about £8 for my ticket, and it costs around £100 for a season ticket. I was talking to one ex pat and he has had a season ticket for over 10 years and still doesn’t know where his actual seat is :lol: . All in all it was a nice experience.

Return to General Chat & Prediction League