Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

President Erdogan

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
PINNACLE
UTS Legend

President Erdogan

Thu May 10, 2018 6:24 pm

is on a state visit this weekend and the red carpets are being rolled out.
Should we welcome him ? If not where is Owen Jones, John Bercow, Sadiq Khan and their cronies to organize some kind of mass protest ?
They are quick enough to demonize other leaders of free countries but dictators can come and go as they please it seems ! :(

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Re: President Erdogan

Thu May 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Do two wrongs make a right? If you have a problem with him coming here good for you.

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Thu May 10, 2018 6:34 pm

El_Nombre wrote:Do two wrongs make a right? If you have a problem with him coming here good for you.

So are you saying we should welcome him with his human rights track record ?

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Thu May 10, 2018 6:35 pm

PINNACLE wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:Do two wrongs make a right? If you have a problem with him coming here good for you.

So are you saying we should welcome him with his human rights track record ?

Nope. Where did I say that? I said two wrongs, no?

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Thu May 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Erdogan has been playing the conservative religious card to establish himself for years. He's a cack bag and Turkey would be so much better if he was removed, not least for the shady cack he's dragged them into with Syria.

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Thu May 10, 2018 6:55 pm

derbysaddler wrote:Erdogan has been playing the conservative religious card to establish himself for years. He's a cack bag and Turkey would be so much better if he was removed, not least for the shady cack he's dragged them into with Syria.

So you agree that he shouldn't be welcomed ?

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Thu May 10, 2018 6:57 pm

So what would you class as another wrong ?

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Thu May 10, 2018 7:01 pm

PINNACLE wrote:

You want me to lost everything that’s wrong?

Rape? Murder? Assault? Abuse? Racism? Sexism? Homophobia? Peodophilia? I mean this seems a pretty pointless excercise.

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Thu May 10, 2018 7:05 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

You want me to lost everything that’s wrong?

Rape? Murder? Assault? Abuse? Racism? Sexism? Homophobia? Peodophilia? I mean this seems a pretty pointless excercise.

Nope, you have list (sorry lost) me there !
I thought you meant inviting someone else who is due soon is wrong..................silly me !

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Thu May 10, 2018 7:07 pm

Oh absolutely did. I meant Trump. Which you clearly did but just didn’t want to say for some reason.

Probably because it’s got literally fudge all to do with this guy and why he shouldn’t come here either.

But I mean, you asked a question I answered it.

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Thu May 10, 2018 7:25 pm

El_Nombre wrote:Oh absolutely did. I meant Trump. Which you clearly did but just didn’t want to say for some reason.

Probably because it’s got literally fudge all to do with this guy and why he shouldn’t come here either.

Thanks for making it clear, took you long enough though !

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Thu May 10, 2018 7:26 pm

PINNACLE wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:Oh absolutely did. I meant Trump. Which you clearly did but just didn’t want to say for some reason.

Yeah well at least I did haha unvelieveable from you considering your opening post to be blaming me for that.

Annoying when people don’t outright refer to something they are clearly talking about isn’t it?

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Thu May 10, 2018 7:40 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

Yeah well at least I did haha unvelieveable from you considering your opening post to be blaming me for that.

Annoying when people don’t outright refer to something they are clearly talking about isn’t it?

Its even more annoying when people make snide remarks to make themselves look clever !
Just say what they mean, its not hard !

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Thu May 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Take your own advice then. Ask vague questions you’ll get vague answers

WillenhallManiac

Fri May 11, 2018 9:44 am

El_Nombre wrote:Take your own advice then. Ask vague questions you’ll get vague answers

Just for a moment I thought I must be reading another debate taking this to be another reference to the Brexit referendum.

seventies_saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri May 11, 2018 10:34 am

I'd put Mr Erdogan and Mr Trump in the same douchebag category myself - neither should be welcomed to our shores

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Fri May 11, 2018 12:50 pm

PINNACLE wrote:
derbysaddler wrote:Erdogan has been playing the conservative religious card to establish himself for years. He's a cack bag and Turkey would be so much better if he was removed, not least for the shady cack he's dragged them into with Syria.

Yes I don't believe he should be welcomed, and neither should the red carpet have been rolled out for the visit of the Saudi prince either.

That's real politik and money verses a moral stance in action though.

Exile
Jobsworth

Fri May 11, 2018 7:19 pm

derbysaddler wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

Yes I don't believe he should be welcomed, and neither should the red carpet have been rolled out for the visit of the Saudi prince either.

That's real politik and money verses a moral stance in action though.

Exactly. Britain is amongst the world’s biggest arms dealers. Those two countries are amongst our largest customers.

Return to General Chat & Prediction League