Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Bangor City

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
The Red Prince
Site Addict

Bangor City

Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:38 pm

There's probably no one else interested in this but me, however given I've worked in Bangor for the last 4 years I've picked up an interest so indulge me....

Anyone remember the Vaughans who ruined Chester? They were allowed to take over Bangor City at the start of the season, who have been summarily relegated for financial irregularities.

How the hell are certain people allowed to keep owning clubs?!

Exile
Jobsworth

Re: Bangor City

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:44 pm

The Red Prince wrote:There's probably no one else interested in this but me, however given I've worked in Bangor for the last 4 years I've picked up an interest so indulge me....

Anyone remember the Vaughans who ruined Chester? They were allowed to take over Bangor City at the start of the season, who have been summarily relegated for financial irregularities.

How the hell are certain people allowed to keep owning clubs?!

Because the ‘fit and proper person’ test is a sham.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Re: Bangor City

Wed May 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Is Sgorio still going on the S4C channel? Always used to watch that about 15 years ago when channel 4 lost the rights to Seria A and so they were the only British channel that showed Italian football highlights.

Anyway they always showed highlights of the Welsh games (with Welsh commentary) and Bangor were either winning the league or finishing. Think Neville Powell was their coach back then.

Return to General Chat & Prediction League