Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Love from Stourbridge

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
PT
Site Addict

Love from Stourbridge

Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:44 pm

In a fit of grebo nostalgia I went to see Neds Atomic Dustbin and The Wonder Stuff last night. A little bit of the Black Country decamping in Merseyside for the night.

Was marvellous and I’d recommend it to everyone of a certain vintage. I guess tickets for the Brum dates are like hens teeth though.

To my mind, Neds won. John Penney is just lovely, honest and humble. Despite attracting the biggest ever attendance to the Bescot, Miles Hunt is still a bit of a nob. But in typical self effacing “let’s not talk about the time we got a bit big for our boots” Black Country style the Stuffies only did a couple of their massivest hits and “size of a cow” was nearly an apology. And all the better for it.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Re: Love from Stourbridge

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:24 am

Nice one PT!
I'm hoping to be at the Manchester gig next sat as, despite living in Liverpool now, couldn't make that one as we flew to Spain early Fri morning.
Good to hear Ned's were great as tbh, it is them I am going to see!

UTS and kill your television!

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Re: Love from Stourbridge

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:25 am

Must admit I'd never heard of them until seeing this article in the Guardian . Nice to see some terracing at the Bescot behind the goal in the photo of them.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/ ... -90s-indie

Return to General Chat & Prediction League