Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

FORUM PROBLEM

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
chunkster
Site Addict

FORUM PROBLEM

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Is anyone else getting a problem with the add banner obscuring the board index? i am having to keep logging out to get acces to it?

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Re: FORUM PROBLEM

Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:02 pm

No problems as such here.
I have lost the option to "mark forums read" so now I have to click on Brexit Breakfast and see Manchester's ramblings and his inane views that feed his ego even though he thinks everyone who voted Leave will be dead in 6 months due to us all being OAP's and didn't know what we were doing.
But hey Manchester is always right even though his beloved predictions from June 2016 have yet to appear.

And with that cue Saigon texting Manchester to tell him I have mentioned the sore loser again.

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:35 pm

Swampy never has problems seeing the screen :wink:

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:37 pm

Yes, same here.

chunkster
Site Addict

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:17 pm

looks like it's just me then? :|

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:21 pm

chunkster wrote:Is anyone else getting a problem with the add banner obscuring the board index? i am having to keep logging out to get acces to it?

I am having the same issue, thought it was my PC that was playing up.

chunkster
Site Addict

Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:34 pm

PINNACLE wrote:
chunkster wrote:Is anyone else getting a problem with the add banner obscuring the board index? i am having to keep logging out to get acces to it?

ah right, i have had to take the upthesaddlers from my bookmark thingy, you know the one where it is stored at the top,and all you have to do is click on it instead of searching for it on the internet, and now i have to type in upthesaddlers index page to get access to it? and that is the only way i can get access to it?

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:22 pm

chunkster wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

ah right, i have had to take the upthesaddlers from my bookmark thingy, you know the one where it is stored at the top,and all you have to do is click on it instead of searching for it on the internet, and now i have to type in upthesaddlers index page to get access to it? and that is the only way i can get access to it?

To be honest i just scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "return to board index"

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:26 pm

It only seems to be affecting Leavers. Are you sure Manc hasn't released a virus? He does work in IT , doesn't he :wink:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:12 pm

PINNACLE wrote:
chunkster wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

To be honest i just scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "return to board index"

That's also what I'm doing :D

chunkster
Site Addict

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:45 pm

shrewsbury saddler wrote:It only seems to be affecting Leavers. Are you sure Manc hasn't released a virus? He does work in IT , doesn't he :wink:
:lol:

chunkster
Site Addict

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:48 pm

PINNACLE wrote:
chunkster wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

But i don't get that option? i can only go back to
general chat and prediction not the whole index?

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Can't you click on the UTS icon?

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:02 pm

chunkster wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:
chunkster wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

But i don't get that option? i can only go back to
general chat and prediction not the whole index?

But if you click on "general chat and prediction" then at the bottom of the next page is "return to board index"
That is what works on mine anyhow !

chunkster
Site Addict

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:18 pm

ah yes just did it thanks for that :wink:

chunkster
Site Addict

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:19 pm

shrewsbury saddler wrote:Can't you click on the UTS icon?
And yes that works as well thanks :wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:38 pm

swampysaddler wrote:No problems as such here.
I have lost the option to "mark forums read" so now I have to click on Brexit Breakfast and see Manchester's ramblings and his inane views that feed his ego even though he thinks everyone who voted Leave will be dead in 6 months due to us all being OAP's and didn't know what we were doing.
But hey Manchester is always right even though his beloved predictions from June 2016 have yet to appear.

And with that cue Saigon texting Manchester to tell him I have mentioned the sore loser again.

Not really sure why you would post something like this, Swampster.

It certainly doesn't achieve what I think you are aiming to achieve, if that is indeed the reason - i.e. trying to belittle my views just because you disagree with them.

Anyway, like I said, there's nothing more to discuss with you as far as Brexit is concerned, because I know all I need to know about your viewpoint. I think that seems to have upset you, somehow as you keep poking away and insulting me - even on a totally unrelated thread.

Strange that it is all one way too.

Having said that, feel free to engage without capitals and insults on the appropriate thread - you may still surprise me.

Apart from that, though, maybe you should just retreat like you have tried to do once before.

Up to you.

Back on topic - I've had no problems with the forum.

:D

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:40 pm

shrewsbury saddler wrote:It only seems to be affecting Leavers. Are you sure Manc hasn't released a virus? He does work in IT , doesn't he :wink:

:lol: :D

I do indeed, Andy - bit it's not a virus - just karma.

:wink:

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:02 am

Can anyone advise.I always click on view new posts which is covered by the search bar.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:16 am

It's the Russians

chunkster
Site Addict

Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Cheesebag wrote:

It's the Russians
We should just nuke the barstewards and be done with it :mrgreen:

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:24 pm

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:Can anyone advise.I always click on view new posts which is covered by the search bar.

I get that, but only using iPad/Safari. My workaround to view any post is to hit reply with quote, and read it there, then back up to the thread.

After that I spend a minute scrolling down a vast expanse of white before the next post appears...

The site software is a decade old, and needs substantial upgrading, which costs money. Our site owner’s first prerogative is to pay the monthly rent, then invest in site building.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:55 pm

Exile wrote:
NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:Can anyone advise.I always click on view new posts which is covered by the search bar.

I get that, but only using iPad/Safari. My workaround to view any post is to hit reply with quote, and read it there, then back up to the thread.

After that I spend a minute scrolling down a vast expanse of white before the next post appears...

The site software is a decade old, and needs substantial upgrading, which costs money. Our site owner’s first prerogative is to pay the monthly rent, then invest in site building.

Now where have I heard that before? :mrgreen:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:24 pm

The size of the advertising banners ......... has been reduced, so that "Board Index" is now clearly visible. Many thanks!!! :D

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:01 am

Mine is back to normal now.Thanks.

Return to General Chat & Prediction League