Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Port Vale's demise

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
Whitters
Site Addict

Port Vale's demise

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:47 pm

In the latest of the "demise" series of posts, we present Port Vale who have Jose Mourinho somewhere in their tale....

http://d3d4football.com/port-vale-a-clu ... eph-baker/

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Re: Port Vale's demise

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:27 am

Chairman at Vale when they went into administration ?

Chairman when Ray Graydon was sacked ?

Spot the connection .

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:40 am

Its sad to see Vale and Chesterfield where they both currently are - two traditional rivals on the verge of dropping out of the league ,even though I've hated them with a passion since the 70's , without them as our rivals on a semi-regular basis things just will not be the same

PT
Site Addict

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:29 am

canadiansaddler wrote:Its sad to see Vale and Chesterfield where they both currently are - two traditional rivals on the verge of dropping out of the league ,even though I've hated them with a passion since the 70's , without them as our rivals on a semi-regular basis things just will not be the same

I agree. In my heart I’d call these “proper clubs”. No logic to that statement at all. Crawley, Forest Green and Stevenage would all no doubt call themselves proper clubs too and they’d probably be right to be a bit miffed at me suggesting otherwise. Those traditional clubs just evoke memories and you know are a lot more like us.

Return to General Chat & Prediction League