Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Troy Deeney

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
UTS Legend

Re: Troy Deeney

Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:08 pm

Exile wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
chunkster wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
dobbster71 wrote:Now that Marco Silva has shuffled out of the door marked "Do One" I can't see Deeney leaving Watford in this window.

With a chance to impress a new manager and remain with team-mates, I'll think he'll stay now.
odds of 4/7 to stay and 8/13 for him to move to west brom for 20 million, giving us a possible sell on proffit of 4 million, the only thing WE as fans have to contemplate is what we do with the £8 bonser puts into the playing side? i hear that the new training ground needs a new kettle, but they wouldn't actually own it :mrgreen:

Actually, we would have the benefit of renting the kettle for free and only paying 3 pounds a week in surcharges and administration costs. Everyone's a winner, especially us, as we would have the benefit of a kettle and the hot water it provides for only an additional 50 pence a cup!*

* tea bags not included...and we haven't got any cups

Who would pay for the water?

chunkster
Site Addict

Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:08 pm

The cheeky git had the audacity to ring bonser and ask him to lower the 20% sell on clause because he felt it had been the stumbling block to him not moving to another club :shock: but true to his miserly ways, rather than take a few quid less, he would rather risk getting nothing at all :|

streetender

Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:38 pm

chunkster wrote:The cheeky git had the audacity to ring bonser and ask him to lower the 20% sell on clause because he felt it had been the stumbling block to him not moving to another club :shock: but true to his miserly ways, rather than take a few quid less, he would rather risk getting nothing at all :|

Geez, this makes me angry . 10% of 20 million = HUGE FOR US

20% of 0 = diddly squat

Very poor business - a gamble that didn't pay off .

Wragbyred
Glitterati

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:38 pm

No blame with Deeney on this, Watford could have sold many times, but why would they?
They lose a proven Premier league goal scorer (if they paid the 20%) on the cheap

Why didn’t Walsall negotiate a reduced sell on fee, something at all was better than nothing?

Previous
Return to General Chat & Prediction League