Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Brexit Breakfast

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:52 pm

Morty wrote:
tinned wrote:That's why big businesses want to stay in the EU. They can continue the "race to the bottom" to see who will accept the lowest wages. Keeps profits up you see!

So I'm presume you're therefore happier to pay higher prices to pay for the higher wages "us British" will demand!? :?

Why pay higher prices,how about big business take less obscene profits.

Morty
Glitterati

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:28 am

yeah - like that's going to happen!!

Any suggestions on how to implement that!?? :?

Morty
Glitterati

Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:33 am

I see that withdrawing from the EU will prevent us from having access to the Galileo satellite navigation system as they feel unable to trust us with EU sensitive security information:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43891933

We've only spent £1.2bn on it that we seem unlikely to get back, and building our own is estimated to cost £5bn - anybody care to work out how many lots of £350m that is!????

looks like the NHS will find their extra money from elsewhere!! :|

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:57 am

Morty wrote:I see that withdrawing from the EU will prevent us from having access to the Galileo satellite navigation system as they feel unable to trust us with EU sensitive security information:-

We've only spent £1.2bn on it that we seem unlikely to get back, and building our own is estimated to cost £5bn - anybody care to work out how many lots of £350m that is!????

That's okay Morty. We'll get blue passports!

:lol:

No doubt there is OUTRAGE in the Brexit camp over this.

Hate to say I told you so!!

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:16 pm

It's another example of just how half-arsed the Leave campaign was, and how the not-much-better Remain campaign let them seize the agenda-Osborne in particular probably did more to get a Brexit victory than any other one person. Things like this should have been questioned and specific answers demanded, rather than just portrayals of generic doom.

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:40 pm

Morty wrote:I see that withdrawing from the EU will prevent us from having access to the Galileo satellite navigation system as they feel unable to trust us with EU sensitive security information:-

That says a damn sight more about them than it does about us.
But that's ok with you lot, you are more than happy to let them keep pulling our strings and expecting us to dance to their tune.
Will someone please post a picture of that bus with the words...LETS... spend that money on the NHS.
It was a statement of hope, not a guarantee.

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:42 pm

Let's spend what money?

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:45 pm

The message was perfectly clear

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:53 am

Super Gabor wrote:Image
The message was perfectly clear

It was even clearer when he gave a speech in front of a huge poster that stated “Let’s give our NHS the £350m the EU takes every week”.

UTS Legend

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:08 am

PINNACLE wrote:

That says a damn sight more about them than it does about us.
But that's ok with you lot, you are more than happy to let them keep pulling our strings and expecting us to dance to their tune.
Will someone please post a picture of that bus with the words...LETS... spend that money on the NHS.
It was a statement of hope, not a guarantee.

Was "Let's take back control" a statement of hope, not a guarantee?

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:07 am

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:
Morty wrote:
tinned wrote:That's why big businesses want to stay in the EU. They can continue the "race to the bottom" to see who will accept the lowest wages. Keeps profits up you see!

So I'm presume you're therefore happier to pay higher prices to pay for the higher wages "us British" will demand!? :?

Why pay higher prices,how about big business take less obscene profits.

Tee hee, yep you can really envisage this government taking big business to task on that one, no conflict of interests there.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Tue May 08, 2018 5:34 pm

Nice to see the Tories are united on Brexit!

What a complete farce.

Nothing but pain heading our way!!

:roll:

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Tue May 08, 2018 6:55 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:Nice to see the Tories are united on Brexit!

What a complete farce.

DM Readers have gone into more of a meltdown than previous meltdowns!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5701681/QUENTIN-LETTS-fear-Mrs-no-idea-angry-Brexiteers-are.html?offset=6&max=100&jumpTo=comment-308683579#comment-308683579

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Tue May 08, 2018 7:32 pm

Super Gabor wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:Nice to see the Tories are united on Brexit!

What a complete farce.

DM Readers have gone into more of a meltdown than previous meltdowns!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5701681/QUENTIN-LETTS-fear-Mrs-no-idea-angry-Brexiteers-are.html?offset=6&max=100&jumpTo=comment-308683579#comment-308683579

Perhaps they are as angry as the rest of us that this total fork up hasn't been ended yet???

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue May 08, 2018 10:25 pm

The self-indulgent, attention-seeking attempt at self harm continues.

But we showed them European types. Didn't we.

Didn't we?

:oops: :oops: :oops:

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed May 09, 2018 12:35 am

Have you all noticed it is all you self indulgent know it all's that are posting on this "has been thread".
The normal trio.
Manchester starts, his boyfriend Saigon suck's up and lo and behold business supreme Super Gabor appears (the same bloke that was handed his arse by none other than Sound_Out, but hey lets not let you being shown up get in your way of spouting "UNPROVEN BILE" about Brexit is evil) .

Manchester you have re-erected your pointless thread.
So I will ask you again, provide me of evidence of the "Financial Armageddon of June 2016" ?
Nearly 2 years now.

EVIDENCE please

I don't want "he say's this, he say's that" I want hard evidence to back up your doom predictions.
If you are confident in your predictions, back it up.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed May 09, 2018 12:37 am

But more than likely I will get "These internet freaks play with numbers"

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed May 09, 2018 5:26 am

Usual tripe from his eminence. Casual slurs mixed with the same dogmatic fire and forget nonsense.

Productive input is welcomed, no matter what the opinion.

Thoughtless bile is as ever, just that.

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 7:25 am

Thanks Swampy. Been a while since I have been on the receiving end of one of your early-hours-of-the-morning rants! To reference our previous trouble-making Aston Villa fan is quite an interesting line for you to take, considering all the things you said about him. :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed May 09, 2018 7:33 am

Super Gabor wrote:Thanks Swampy. Been a while since I have been on the receiving end of one of your early-hours-of-the-morning rants! To reference our previous trouble-making Aston Villa fan is quite an interesting line for you to take, considering all the things you said about him. :wink:

Trying to recall the moment where sound out intellectually liquidated you ... :D :D :D

Sounds like it was unforgettable ... :? :D

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed May 09, 2018 8:06 am

Aside from Swampy being taken to the cleaners by Sound Out too ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Swampy aside, I would like to know what people think will genuinely happen.

May's position is weaker now than it has been and she is being attacked by members of her own cabinet as well as the uber-Brexiters on one side and the Remainers on the other.

Add to this the House of Lords and the Labour Party and you have one unholy mess just at the time we need a plan.

You all know my thoughts on this - what do the rest of you think?

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Wed May 09, 2018 8:33 am

I think that we all need to calm down and enjoy the Royal Wedding.

Bunting anyone....

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Wed May 09, 2018 8:36 am

chestersaddler wrote:I think that we all need to calm down and enjoy the Royal Wedding.

Bunting anyone....

Talk about opening up a completely new can of worms....... :wink:

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 8:54 am

It's ironic the Swampy keeps asking for evidence when he is totally unable to give any evidence of a prediction of "Armageddon" prior to an exit. Who predicted it -using that word? When ? Where? You're so fond of the word it must have evidence close to hand.Why the reluctance to share it?

If you're working today, it's probably best to stay off the high ladders. It lingers in the blood stream at our age.

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 8:59 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:Aside from Swampy being taken to the cleaners by Sound Out too ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

May's position is weaker now than it has been and she is being attacked by members of her own cabinet as well as the uber-Brexiters on one side and the Remainers on the other.

Add to this the House of Lords and the Labour Party and you have one unholy mess just at the time we need a plan.

What will happen? We'll end up with an agreement which leaves both sides asking, "What's the point of leaving?"

Longer term, I suspect the legacy of the leave campaign will be future generations having the Euro-not one of the EU's best ideas. A decade or so down the line, UK will have to rejoin,and the rules insist new members adopt the Euro. Another reason for millennials to hate baby-boomers.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed May 09, 2018 9:15 am

shrewsbury saddler wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:Aside from Swampy being taken to the cleaners by Sound Out too ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

What will happen? We'll end up with an agreement which leaves both sides asking, "What's the point of leaving?"

Longer term, I suspect the legacy of the leave campaign will be future generations having the Euro-not one of the EU's best ideas. A decade or so down the line, UK will have to rejoin,and the rules insist new members adopt the Euro. Another reason for millennials to hate baby-boomers.

Quotes like that really do grind at me. You do realise the vast majority of millenials don't hate baby boomers? The vocal minority on websites do not represent the majority. I work with the "baby boomer" generation and the amount of grief they give millenials is mind blowing. One blamed millenials for failing his motorbility assesment. fudge ridiculous but I know he doesn't represent the majority. The millenial/baby boomer stuff is absolute rubbish from both sides. Being a bellend is universal.

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 9:34 am

Well considering the lead story in the news was about a report suggesting giving 25 year olds £10,000 to ease inter-generational conflict, I don't think it makes me a "bellend". The point I was making was that millennials voted overwhelmingly to remain, and with the Euro, may end up saddled with a currency they neither want nor voted for.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed May 09, 2018 9:38 am

shrewsbury saddler wrote:Well considering the lead story in the news was about a report suggesting giving 25 year olds £10,000 to ease inter-generational conflict, I don't think it makes me a "bellend", but I'll leave that to an expert on that subject, yourself. The point I was making was that millennials voted overwhelmingly to remain, and with the Euro, may end up saddled with a currency they neither want nor voted for.

I wasn't calling you a bellend but thanks for confirming I'm an expert. I was saying being one isn't specific to a generation like some claim. "All millenials are *insert inaccurate generalisation*". "All Baby boomers are *Insert inaccurate generalisation*". It's rubbish from both sides.

Get my point? I'm against this ridiculous generation divide, not you. But again, thanks for the confirmation.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed May 09, 2018 10:13 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:Usual tripe from his eminence. Casual slurs mixed with the same dogmatic fire and forget nonsense.

Productive input is welcomed, no matter what the opinion.

Thoughtless bile is as ever, just that.

Evidence please. I think nearly 2 years is long enough to wait.
Provide it and I will shut my gob.
Continue like you are, lacking in proof of the claims of our demise, and I will continue to laugh and mock you sad bitter losers.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed May 09, 2018 10:18 am

Simple request for you Manchester, considering you quite like asking for them, provide me evidence of our big demise.
2 years this June I have been waiting.
If you persist on bringing up dead threads for your own self gratification at least back up your bile with hard evidence.
Everytime I have posted a "positive" of Brexit lo and behold I have provided a link to back my claim up, can you say the same ?

PreviousNext
Return to General Chat & Prediction League