Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Brexit Breakfast

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Wed May 09, 2018 10:22 am

swampysaddler wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:Aside from Swampy being taken to the cleaners by Sound Out too ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Swampy aside, I would like to know what people think will genuinely happen.

May's position is weaker now than it has been and she is being attacked by members of her own cabinet as well as the uber-Brexiters on one side and the Remainers on the other.

Add to this the House of Lords and the Labour Party and you have one unholy mess just at the time we need a plan.

You all know my thoughts on this - what do the rest of you think?

Simple request for you Manchester, considering you quite like asking for them, provide me evidence of our big demise.
2 years this June I have been waiting.
If you persist on bringing up dead threads for your own self gratification at least back up your bile with hard evidence.
Everytime I have posted a "positive" of Brexit lo and behold I have provided a link to back my claim up, can you say the same ?

Two responses , Swampy,both requesting evidence, and yet you've again ignored my request for evidence of these "Armageddon " predictions. Strange.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 10:32 am

swampysaddler wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:Aside from Swampy being taken to the cleaners by Sound Out too ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

May's position is weaker now than it has been and she is being attacked by members of her own cabinet as well as the uber-Brexiters on one side and the Remainers on the other.

Add to this the House of Lords and the Labour Party and you have one unholy mess just at the time we need a plan.

Simple request for you Manchester, considering you quite like asking for them, provide me evidence of our big demise.
If you persist on bringing up dead threads for your own self gratification at least back up your bile with hard evidence.
Everytime I have posted a "positive" of Brexit lo and behold I have provided a link to back my claim up, can you say the same ?

When did we leave Swampy?

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed May 09, 2018 11:15 am

swampysaddler wrote:

You haven’t left yet, and only then will the true cost become factual. Your ‘positive’ articles have been regularly blown away, which is probably why you stopped posting Daily Mail links a while back, so unless you can provide more positive ideas for Brexit it’s pretty clear that the evidence is overwhelmingly against. You’ll not realise that till too late, so you probably take after the side of your family that believed Neville Chamberlain’s piece of paper was the key to European peace.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed May 09, 2018 12:19 pm

shrewsbury saddler wrote:

What will happen? We'll end up with an agreement which leaves both sides asking, "What's the point of leaving?"

Longer term, I suspect the legacy of the leave campaign will be future generations having the Euro-not one of the EU's best ideas. A decade or so down the line, UK will have to rejoin,and the rules insist new members adopt the Euro. Another reason for millennials to hate baby-boomers.

I don't think millennials hate baby-boomers but I see your point - and I kind of agree. My boys are millennials and there is an air of resentment amongst their generation when it comes to things like Brexit in particular (well those who voted anyway). I do think that certain elements of our generation have let them down and will continue to do so,

Also, interestingly, any references to this being a "dead thread" are ridiculous. In this section of UTS we typically discuss topical things and given that Brexit is almost constantly top of or very near to being top of the main list of news stories on a daily basis, then I think it will continue to be an active thread beyond the date we finally leave.

I anticipate this thread staying for a long time and being archived as a classic - deservedly so - particularly, if we leave, when we look back at the views of a largely uninformed and easily led army of Brexiters :wink:

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 12:54 pm

You're right,as is SP. I think "hate" was too strong a word. "Resent" is probably better in this context.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed May 09, 2018 1:07 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:

Did I mention leaving Mr Pedantic?
We actually leave on the 29/3/2019. Mark it in your self righteous calendar.[post moderated]

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 1:10 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:

Did I mention leaving Mr Pedantic ?
We actually leave on the 29/3/2019. Mark it in your self righteous calendar.

So how the fudge would anybody be able to provide evidence of a "Financial Armageddon" (nobody predicted anyway) if we haven't left yet????

Imagine calling somebody self righteous while also throwing those terms at them lmao.
Last edited by El_Nombre on Wed May 09, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed May 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Exile wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:

You haven’t left yet, and only then will the true cost become factual. Your ‘positive’ articles have been regularly blown away, which is probably why you stopped posting Daily Mail links a while back, so unless you can provide more positive ideas for Brexit it’s pretty clear that the evidence is overwhelmingly against. You’ll not realise that till too late, so you probably take after the side of your family that believed Neville Chamberlain’s piece of paper was the key to European peace.

That is correct we haven't left yet, but all I am asking for is evidence of the big "Financial Armageddon of June 2016".
If it happened it won't be hard to provide evidence would it ?
2 years nearly I have asking for this evidence, yourself, Manchester, Saigon have never provided it.
Not a hard task really, if it happened prove it !

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed May 09, 2018 1:12 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:

Did I mention leaving Mr Pedantic Scunthorpe ?

So how the fudge would anybody be able to provide evidence of a financial armaggedon (nobody predicted anyway)????

Hold on. In the build up to the referendum we was promised "Financial Armageddon" by the present Chancellor George Osbourne was we not if we voted Leave ?
Nearly 2 years and I am still waiting.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 1:16 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:

Did I mention leaving Mr Pedantic Scunthorpe ?

So how the fudge would anybody be able to provide evidence of a financial armaggedon (nobody predicted anyway)????

Hold on. In the build up to the referendum we was promise "Financial Armageddon" by the present Chancellor George Osbourne was we not ?
Nearly 2 years and I am still waiting.

George Osbourne? Where did he post on here there would be financial Armageddon? Are you asking people to defend other people's views now? Because that twit certainly doesn't speak for me.

And, as I said, if that's what was PREDICTED for WHEN we left why would it happen BEFORE we do? Thought I'd put that in caps so that you might actually take something in for a change.

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 2:14 pm

I've already told you that, by your own criterea , the George Osborne reference does not count. You have previously said the claim was made by "so-called" experts, after the vote, for the period before the UK actually left. It fits none of those. It was said in April 2016, and George Osborne is not even a "so-called" expert. So we're still waiting.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 2:33 pm

"So - called" experts say all Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers, and assume that maybe a few are good people.

Donald Trump, expert.

It's disgusting that Swampy thinks this. I'm yet to see any evidence.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed May 09, 2018 3:04 pm

El_Nombre wrote:"So - called" experts say all Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers, and assume that maybe a few are good people.

Donald Trump, expert.

Just leave it with me and I will trawl youtube.
George Osbourne, then Chancellor of the United Kingdom, did preach "Financial Armageddon" will happen if we vote Leave.
Also he preached we would go into a "big recession" ! Another thing I am waiting for you remainers to provide evidence of

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 3:05 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:"So - called" experts say all Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers, and assume that maybe a few are good people.

Donald Trump, expert.

George Osbourne, then Chancellor of the United Kingdom, did preach "Financial Armageddon" will happen if we vote Leave.
Also he preached we would go into a "big recession" ! Another thing I am waiting for you remainers to provide evidence of

You'll trawl youtube to see if all mexicans are rapists and drug dealers? Haha

Re Osbourne: see my previous point that you failed to acknowledge.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed May 09, 2018 3:06 pm

Donald Trump, expert.

What happened to your remaining experts who preached "continuous misery" if voted Leave ?
That's right they are licking their wounds after being proved to be lying Scunthorpe.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 3:07 pm

swampysaddler wrote:

Donald Trump, expert.

What happened to your remaining experts who preached "continuous misery" if voted Leave ?
That's right they are licking their wounds after being proved to be lying Scunthorpe.

Aren't you busy youtubing? You've already replied with illegible nonsense once.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed May 09, 2018 3:22 pm

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 3:23 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:<sigh>

We haven't left yet.

Banks and businesses are already looking at relocating from London to Frankfurt, Paris and other massive EU cities where the growth and the FORECAST of growth is far far higher than it is for the UK.

When that happens, the economy will start to collapse.

Swampy - IT IS ALREADY HAPPENING and the ONLY reasons that we haven't seen the full extent of it are:

(a) We are STILL IN THE EU at the moment.
(b) Business is waiting and hoping that we don't actually leave.

This is obvious to all - even to a lot of Brexiteers.

Furthermore, your response perfectly illustrates exactly what I am talking about.

Your head is so firmly in the sand that you can barely haul it out. You're refusal to see any evidence is incredible despite the proof that it is in the news and all over the internet.

You and others claim that Brexit is a great thing yet NO BREXITEER ANYWHERE can give me ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE of why. NOT EVEN ONE EXAMPLE, Swampy.

Saying "will of the people", "patriotism", "jingoism" etc. proves nothing.

The GOVERNMENT can't even list one PRO for Brexit. Not one single PRO.

That tells me everything I need to know.

And I'm sorry Swampy - your refusal to give me ONE PRO, speaks volumes. Maybe, if you get togther with other Brexiteers and brainstorm this you might convince me.

But you can't. NONE OF YOU CAN. It's like the blind leading the blind.

If this wasn't so serious, it would be utterly laughable.

And there ends your argument.
All forecasts just like the "Armageddon and financial crash of June 2016" which were forecast by so called experts and financial geniuses but as yet 18 months down the line they STILL haven't materialized.
What is you are always preaching "don't always believe what you read" !
Maybe you should heed your own advice for once.

"Of June 2016" "experts and financial geniuses" Osborne? :o :o . Which actual economic specialist predicted this for June 2016-your claim?

"Experts" plural. So even if that did include Boy George- unlikely-you had others in mind as well. Who? What did they say? When?

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed May 09, 2018 4:13 pm

Swampy - calm down!

You are making yourself look like a idiot, mate. I would suggest that you refrain from threatening behaviour and using nasty insults and take a breather before you end up getting yourself banned again?

You've given all you have to give on this subject and have nothing new to add - just the same old disillusioned nonsense about George Osbourne!

Leave the rest of us to chat about this without the shadow of a violent assault or a vitriolic tirade.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed May 09, 2018 4:14 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:

Donald Trump, expert.

You'll trawl youtube to see if all mexicans are rapists and drug dealers? Haha

Re Osbourne: see my previous point that you failed to acknowledge.

So you are now denying that George Osbourne didn't say "we will go into Financial Armageddon" if we vote Leave ?
Where in all honestly would I come up with a saying like that if it hadn't been preached by the then Chancellor ?
Come I am intrigued !

Argument aside about us ACTUALLY leaving my universal opinion of you is that you are prick and if I ever saw you at Bescot I would actually accept an assault charge of the Police after I have finished with you.

No I'm saying that one person on either side doesn't represent the attitude and views of absolutely everybody on that side. And also that George Osbourne isn't an expert, which is after all what you have your knickers in a twist about in the first place.

As for the rest of your nonsense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ESHXxInoAs

But correct me if I am wrong but in the build up to the Referendum wasn't George Osbourne Chancellor of the UK ?
So if the Chancellor advises we are going into "recession and going to suffer Financial Armageddon" if we elect to Leave the EU (which unfortunately for you we did) then those in "top jobs" in the financial sector listen to him.
Lo and behold, nearly 2 years down the line, I am still awaiting the "Financial Armageddon and Recession".
El knumbnuts all I ask for is you, obviously a remain voter, provide me evidence of this big crash.
I will sit waiting another 2 years because it NEVER fudge HAPPENED.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed May 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:Swampy - calm down!

You are making yourself look like a idiot, mate. I would suggest that you refrain from threatening behaviour and using nasty insults and take a breather before you end up getting yourself banned again?

You've given all you have to give on this subject and have nothing new to add - just the same old disillusioned nonsense about George Osbourne!

Leave the rest of us to chat about this without the shadow of a violent assault or a vitriolic tirade.

I will calm down when YOU FINALLY provide me evidence of the forecasted demise of the UK if we voted Leave.
Manchester I have been asking you know for evidence and hard facts to back up your doom claims for nearly 2 years.
Still I am sat waiting.
Back your gob up. Provide evidence to back your claims up.
Not hard.

Oh and Manchester the only fools are you, Saigon, Exile, El Nombre. I ask for "proof" and you cant provide.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed May 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Difference between me Manchester, Saigon, Exile, El_Nombre I deal in facts and evidence.
They don't know facts if it smacked them in their face.

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 4:26 pm

"Forecasts." Even if we ignore your fairly laughable claim about Osbourne's economic expertise, you say there was more than one predication. Where are they?
Last edited by shrewsbury saddler on Wed May 09, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 4:33 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
shrewsbury saddler wrote:I'm not sure how asking a question no one seems able to answer constitutes ignoring reality.

LOL almost as if it's something Wrexit voters don't want to talk about anymore. All very boring and dull. Strange, because they were telling the experts it would all be fantastic. :roll: :|

Perhaps they're just waiting for the German rescue ... :oops: :oops: :oops:

No we are all sat waiting for the Armageddon that was promised last June.
Getting a bit boring now waiting !

To help narrow it down for you, you seemed at one time to think it was made in June 2016. (Osborne's remark was April that year)

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 5:05 pm

You’re not listening as per. Literally no point.

Osbourne is neither an expert or a speaker on behalf of me. Hence the Trump reference. He’s a politician. Not an analyst. Not an unbiased source. Not an economic commentator. He’s a name you’ve picked out of a hat and asigned to everybody you disagree with because that’s easier than arguing separate opinions.

And more to the point, you won’t get any proof. Because as said ad nauseum, WE HAVENT fudge LEFT YET.

Sorry that you don’t like me, you seem a really nice guy.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed May 09, 2018 5:11 pm

swampysaddler wrote:

I will calm down when YOU FINALLY provide me evidence of the forecasted demise of the UK if we voted Leave.
Manchester I have been asking you know for evidence and hard facts to back up your doom claims for nearly 2 years.
Still I am sat waiting.
Not hard.

Oh and Manchester the only fools are you, Saigon, Exile, El Nombre. I ask for "proof" and you cant provide.

Must we go over this AGAIN, Swampy? Your lack of responses to MY questions? Simply because deep down you know that I am right? I asked my questions even further back in time. You just seem to have adopted a stubborn ignorance that is, quite frankly, making you look really daft. You can repeat the same cack over and over again Swampy but they key to your views on Brexit are totally open in the angry vitriol you have poured forth on this thread.

Why are certain Brexiters so angry I wonder? Mainly because they are openly made to look like fools in the media.

Read through the thread again, Swampy mate. The truth will set you free.

If you want an example of what I am talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXOu3U_CbpU

Anyway - back on point.

The "plan" is non-existent as far as I can tell. We seem to be taking ten steps back for every one step forward.

If anybody can recall the original thread, I predicted then that Brexit would effectively be the Norway/Swiss model and so far that's all I can see happening.

It seems that we will end up with the same deal but absolutely no power to influence the EU.

What did Brexiters win again?

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 5:22 pm

Just for reference , you've had ample opportunity to back-up your claim that Armageddon was predicted by experts, after the referendum, for the period before even the transition started, and produced nil evidence. I suspect it won't stop you coming on in the early hours with it again, because you seem to have no other argument. I wonder if your anger is really about the people who got you to vote leave, whose idea of "taking control" applied more to their ambitions in the Tory party rather than much sympathy with your "private "," personal," as you put it, reasons which led you to support the leave campaign.

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Wed May 09, 2018 10:25 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:

Still I am sat waiting.
Not hard.

Must we go over this AGAIN, Swampy? Your lack of responses to MY questions? Simply because deep down you know that I am right? I asked my questions even further back in time. You just seem to have adopted a stubborn ignorance that is, quite frankly, making you look really daft. You can repeat the same cack over and over again Swampy but they key to your views on Brexit are totally open in the angry vitriol you have poured forth on this thread.

Why are certain Brexiters so angry I wonder? Mainly because they are openly made to look like fools in the media.

Read through the thread again, Swampy mate. The truth will set you free.

If you want an example of what I am talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXOu3U_CbpU

Anyway - back on point.

The "plan" is non-existent as far as I can tell. We seem to be taking ten steps back for every one step forward.

If anybody can recall the original thread, I predicted then that Brexit would effectively be the Norway/Swiss model and so far that's all I can see happening.

It seems that we will end up with the same deal but absolutely no power to influence the EU.

What did Brexiters win again?

As a staunch remainer would you be happy with that ? Would that really be what you would like for the future ?
I respect your decision to remain but surely not under those terms !
If we have no power to influence then what is the point of remaining ?
3 questions there............take your time !

Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Wed May 09, 2018 10:46 pm

shrewsbury saddler wrote:

What will happen? We'll end up with an agreement which leaves both sides asking, "What's the point of leaving?"

Longer term, I suspect the legacy of the leave campaign will be future generations having the Euro-not one of the EU's best ideas. A decade or so down the line, UK will have to rejoin,and the rules insist new members adopt the Euro. Another reason for millennials to hate baby-boomers.

If the uk debt to gdp ratio is reduced sufficiently to meet the euro entrance criteria I will be very pleased

Are we going tits up or not make your mind up

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed May 09, 2018 11:18 pm

Just a reminder. Yes, things get heated, but there is no place on UTS for threatening violence, and continuing abuse. Bans will be handed out without further warning if posters can’t handle this simple rule.

PreviousNext
Return to General Chat & Prediction League