Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Brexit Breakfast

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Fri May 11, 2018 11:56 pm

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
tinned wrote:Why this talk about us joining the Euro? It will never happen.

We will never again be part of the EU let alone the Eurozone.

The EU will carry on with it's relentless aim for closer and closer union (i.e. United States of Europe) and the populations of EU countries will begin to wake up to what a stupid and flawed idea that is and demand they have the chance of bailing out.

There's more chance of the EU crumbling than us re-joining, thankfully.

Wrong. We'll be falling over ourselves to join again, just after 15 or 20 years of painful dithering and self-harm, when we've cack out a selfish, backward thinking and parochial generation.

Why? Simple pragmatics. The EU is the largest trading block on earth, why would we endure self-imposed economic exile? People have been confidently predicting the demise of the EU since day one and it's never happened. Because people recognise the idea is sound.

It'll happen far more quickly than you think.

Thats a hell of a crystal ball you have, can you do lottery numbers or grand national winners.

Thanks, you probably missed that it followed a similar prediction in precisely the same vein.

:D

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sat May 12, 2018 1:21 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
tinned wrote:Why this talk about us joining the Euro? It will never happen.

We will never again be part of the EU let alone the Eurozone.

The EU will carry on with it's relentless aim for closer and closer union (i.e. United States of Europe) and the populations of EU countries will begin to wake up to what a stupid and flawed idea that is and demand they have the chance of bailing out.

There's more chance of the EU crumbling than us re-joining, thankfully.

Wrong. We'll be falling over ourselves to join again, just after 15 or 20 years of painful dithering and self-harm, when we've cack out a selfish, backward thinking and parochial generation.

Why? Simple pragmatics. The EU is the largest trading block on earth, why would we endure self-imposed economic exile? People have been confidently predicting the demise of the EU since day one and it's never happened. Because people recognise the idea is sound.

It'll happen far more quickly than you think.

Thats a hell of a crystal ball you have, can you do lottery numbers or grand national winners.

Thanks, you probably missed that it followed a similar prediction in precisely the same vein.

And you probably neglected and missed all the doom and gloom never happened but let's not let get in the way of your spouting shite that never happens.
I like your predictions, why ?
Because I mock them when proven wrong.
Show me one "prediction" proven right since June 2016 !
I won't hold my breath because I will probably die.
Saigon, Manchester, Exile, El Scunthorpe (who only appears when is shown his arse by other posters for the Scunthorpe he is) here is a challenge for you all. Show me proof of yours, and all the sore loser remainers, predictions coming to fruition !
Come on I want proof on the "recession, us all using "food banks", having no money.
This is what you preached, back it with evidence.
Or is that word "sacred" to you lot ?
Because you don't have it ?

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sat May 12, 2018 1:38 am

Let's just sit back and think of the Remain voters (if you even voted Exile) on this site.

Manchester Saddler.........Mr self gratification I open a thread to feed my ego because I am a sad middle aged man in a midlife crisis. who wont accept democracy.

Saigon Saddler......I like "Ladyboys", don't spend a lot of time in the UK, but I know better than 17.4 million voters because I studied education.

Exile...............I live in New Zealand but I still know better than 17.4 million voters cos I went to Cardiff and Wembley.

Scott Powell.........another poster fed up with Manchester "self gratification " hogging of a dead thread

Newport Saddler..................in my eyes a sensible poster, he voted Leave. But also ask's you gobshites to back up your claims, which you never do.

And we come to my favourite....

Gobshite El Scunthorpe...................Gets handed his arse by other posters on other threads so he ventures into SOT again to try to wind us up.
Keep preaching about "Blue Passports" (like Manchester ans Saigon) but where do you see us LEAVE voter preach about the passport ?
He is the one that I find amusing. Easy to wind up and always bites

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat May 12, 2018 5:26 am

Someone upset our angry pet rodent again? :|

Is it just me, or can no-one else be bothered to take the poisonous man-child at all seriously?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like EL Nombre's taken the full force of this latest Tennant's Super-strength early morning smack-down.
Do you know who you’re dealing with here? Allow me to illustrate:

This is Northern Saddler, Maximus, the esteemed Lord Swampington.

While ordinary people were cravenly and unpatriotically gathering financial resources for our own selfish ends, Lord Swampington was defending the empire, manfully inhabiting the front line of geo-political engagement. Well, not quite, he was refilling fuel trucks, but that’s not the point. The point is he has medals, several of them, and if you count the fire-safety certificates, 50 metre breast stoke medallion and Blue Peter badge in vitriolic racism, that's quite a haul.

How dare you, I, or anyone voice an opinion in his presence. Swampy deals in FACTS. In Evidence. In stuff like June 2016. He knows the score. What do we deal in? Flimsy, wishy-washy liberal bleeding-heart nonsense, copied and pasted from the unpatriotic Guardian or other, probably soviet, media sources.

Europe? Don’t make me laugh. So we have a shared ‘history’ – so what? I agree with Swampy. They speak funny and we beat them in a war.
They need to shut up and sharpish. We’re Great Britain.

June 2016.

I didn’t see any tanks on the streets – did you? These were predicted. Didn’t see any ‘financial meltdown’ either. So the pound endured a record fall and economic growth has declined from being the envy of the G20 to buried beneath its sludge. But, zero tanks. Point proven.

The future’s bright for Britain. As bright as one of Swampy’s medals. It can only get brighter when we leave. Swampy’s sure of it, and the efforts to talk Britain down and introduce contrary facts and evidence is an attempt by the ruling traitorous liberal elite to make a power grab. Pathetic.

Want more proof?
Medals. Yes, medals. The ultimate currency.
Who needs trade deals?

I predict more incandescent 'feedback', but I suppose you have to find something to amuse yourself when you're a retired mid-forties dimwit stuck in the middle of the Fens.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Sat May 12, 2018 5:38 am

swampysaddler wrote:Let's just sit back and think of the Remain voters (if you even voted Exile) on this site.

Manchester Saddler.........Mr self gratification I open a thread to feed my ego because I am a sad middle aged man in a midlife crisis. who wont accept democracy.

Saigon Saddler......I like "Ladyboys", don't spend a lot of time in the UK, but I know better than 17.4 million voters because I studied education.

Exile...............I live in New Zealand but I still know better than 17.4 million voters cos I went to Cardiff and Wembley.

Scott Powell.........another poster fed up with Manchester "self gratification " hogging of a dead thread

Newport Saddler..................in my eyes a sensible poster, he voted Leave. But also ask's you gobshites to back up your claims, which you never do.

And we come to my favourite....

Gobshite El Scunthorpe...................Gets handed his arse by other posters on other threads so he ventures into SOT again to try to wind us up.
Keep preaching about "Blue Passports" (like Manchester ans Saigon) but where do you see us LEAVE voter preach about the passport ?
He is the one that I find amusing. Easy to wind up and always bites

Keep preaching about blue passports? When was the last time I even mentioned them? Lol

Honestly I take you thinking I’ve been wrong in other threads as a compliment. If anything it reinforces my points.

Always bites and easy to wind up? Oh yeah it was me that had a complete meltdown and threatened assault....

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat May 12, 2018 7:08 am

Someone had a pub lunch.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat May 12, 2018 8:30 am

What I find really strange is that Swampy just loves to insult everyone who disagrees with him.

I don't get it.

It is possible to have a civil discussion with people on the opposite side of the fence without having to resort to threats of violence and nastiness.

:?

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sat May 12, 2018 3:55 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:What I find really strange is that Swampy just loves to insult everyone who disagrees with him.

I don't get it.

It is possible to have a civil discussion with people on the opposite side of the fence without having to resort to threats of violence and nastiness.

or demanding answers !
You wouldn't know what a civil discussion is as for the past 23 months you have thought that its all about you and no one else.
Like i said on Thursday night, you and i are nobody in what is happening. You can keep pontificating till you are blue in the face but in the grand scheme of things your point of view (as does mine) counts for absolutely nothing at all. Whatever happens has been took out of our hands so the referendum was all a bit pointless.
It is you Remainers that will go down in history for ignoring the will of the people and believe me the people will come back to destroy your leftist ideology as will the rest of western countries populations. It maybe not in my lifetime but the times they are a changing.
You sir are a fool, and sooner or later all fools get found out !

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Sat May 12, 2018 4:08 pm

"Whatever happens has been took out of our hands so the referendum was all a bit pointless."

That's an eye-catching statement. Can you be more specific? I'm genuinely interested.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat May 12, 2018 4:36 pm

PINNACLE wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:What I find really strange is that Swampy just loves to insult everyone who disagrees with him.

I don't get it.

or demanding answers !
You wouldn't know what a civil discussion is as for the past 23 months you have thought that its all about you and no one else.
Like i said on Thursday night, you and i are nobody in what is happening. You can keep pontificating till you are blue in the face but in the grand scheme of things your point of view (as does mine) counts for absolutely nothing at all. Whatever happens has been took out of our hands so the referendum was all a bit pointless.
It is you Remainers that will go down in history for ignoring the will of the people and believe me the people will come back to destroy your leftist ideology as will the rest of western countries populations. It maybe not in my lifetime but the times they are a changing.

One thing I am not, Pinnacle, is a fool. Nor do I demand. It seems that you are allowed to ask questions but the moment somebody with the opposite view asks a question they turn into demands.

And again, you call me a fool, and then claim that it is only me who insults people. Very mature eh considering you clearly don't read Swampys posts.

As tempted as I am to absolutely humiliate you again, I don't want to because I am a nice guy and you and Swampy are taking the thread off on a tangent distracting people from this major event that effects our lives and those of our kids, people I care much more for than a couple of bigotted trolls.

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sat May 12, 2018 4:52 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

I don't get it.

or demanding answers !

One thing I am not, Pinnacle, is a fool. Nor do I demand. It seems that you are allowed to ask questions but the moment somebody with the opposite view asks a question they turn into demands.

And again, you call me a fool, and then claim that it is only me who insults people. Very mature eh considering you clearly don't read Swampys posts.

As tempted as I am to absolutely humiliate you again, I don't want to because I am a nice guy and you and Swampy are taking the thread off on a tangent distracting people from this major event that effects our lives and those of our kids, people I care much more for than a couple of bigotted trolls.

Go ahead, my views have not changed and never will !
Unlike you i do not crave support and attention (and boy oh boy have you got your hangers on).
I care not whatever other posters say from whatever camp they are from so please do not associate me with them, you on the other hand crave the fake attention and credit you get from people who clearly have not got a thought of their own, well done :lol:
You are so self centered and egotistical that it is farcical even after 2 years that you still think it is all about you !

Humiliate me ? go ahead !
Humiliate yourself............you are doing it every day !

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sat May 12, 2018 5:08 pm

PS............ I am off to Spain in the morning with roughly 1000 Euros in my back pocket.
I will not be looking for advice or even being told how to spend it by some Johnny Foreigner or their Eastern European Slavic lackeys who will wait on me hand and foot for a pittance. I am the piper and i certainly will be calling the tune...............
Its good to be English and proud !

No its not Benidorm, i am far too classy for that :D

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat May 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Don't care to be honest. Have a good trip.

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sat May 12, 2018 5:24 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:Don't care to be honest. Have a good trip.

Don't care whether you care or not :wink:

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Sat May 12, 2018 10:55 pm

PINNACLE wrote:PS............ I am off to Spain in the morning with roughly 1000 Euros in my back pocket.
I will not be looking for advice or even being told how to spend it by some Johnny Foreigner or their Eastern European Slavic lackeys who will wait on me hand and foot for a pittance. I am the piper and i certainly will be calling the tune...............

Hope you keep enough a side for your visa in future for your trip to Benidorm.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun May 13, 2018 1:10 am

PINNACLE wrote:PS............ I am off to Spain in the morning with roughly 1000 Euros in my back pocket.

Slavic lackeys waiting on you hand and foot for a pittance? Sounds very classy. You've finally made it then? :D
Wonder what they think of you - Probably the same as us.

Didn't you just bombastically demand what people think about the Turkish president on another thread? Or is that the forceful, go-getting achiever side and we're just left with the forgetful malignant cretin on here?
:mrgreen:

Enjoy your trip.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun May 13, 2018 1:44 am

Magaluf, then. That’s more you...

UTS Legend

Sun May 13, 2018 10:55 pm

A piece of advice.

Don't carry that money in your back pocket ...

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu May 17, 2018 12:21 pm

UTS Legend

Thu May 17, 2018 5:06 pm

WillenhallManiac

Mon May 21, 2018 2:32 pm

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Tue May 22, 2018 2:41 pm

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed May 23, 2018 5:29 pm

A couple of news items that may interest you, in case you still think Brexit is a GOOD idea ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44229606

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44207677

Comments?

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Thu May 24, 2018 9:51 am

Stop moaning. It's the easiest trade deal in history.

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Thu May 24, 2018 12:00 pm

1/ project fear from the remainer biased BBC
2/A remainer bank chief,
Bring it on.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu May 24, 2018 12:04 pm

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:1/ project fear from the remainer biased BBC
2/A remainer bank chief,
Bring it on.

A Canadian financial expert who is leaving his post as soon as he can because he knows that nothing he can do will stop the rot.

tinned
Site Addict

Thu May 24, 2018 12:13 pm

"Mr Carney said business investment was still being held back, but there was a chance of a "sharp pick-up" when the Brexit agreement is finalised.

"It's understandable why businesses are holding back - there's some big decisions that are about to be made - why wouldn't they want to wait until the path becomes clearer?" he told MPs."

Like I've been saying, the slowdown after the Brexit vote was much more to do with uncertainty than it was to do with the result.

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu May 24, 2018 1:44 pm

tinned wrote:"Mr Carney said business investment was still being held back, but there was a chance of a "sharp pick-up" when the Brexit agreement is finalised.

"It's understandable why businesses are holding back - there's some big decisions that are about to be made - why wouldn't they want to wait until the path becomes clearer?" he told MPs."

Like I've been saying, the slowdown after the Brexit vote was much more to do with uncertainty than it was to do with the result.

Quite right. The crash after will be completely different. :wink:

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Thu May 24, 2018 5:36 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:
NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:1/ project fear from the remainer biased BBC
2/A remainer bank chief,
Bring it on.

A Canadian financial expert who is leaving his post as soon as he can because he knows that nothing he can do will stop the rot.

A canadian financial expert who admits he was wrong.

https://www.politico.eu/article/mark-ca ... on-brexit/

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu May 24, 2018 8:21 pm

Dated a year and a half ago ....

PreviousNext
Return to General Chat & Prediction League