Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Brexit Breakfast

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:23 pm

swampysaddler wrote:You have Corbyn at the top : preaching austerity hypocritically, who loves the Venezuela option (you know the one where in upcoming elections all the opposition are banned from entering) and whose idea of dealing with terrorism is sitting down for tea and biscuits and there would be no Trident programme, in fact probably no Armed Forces.
John McDonnell : who has already said he will plunge the country into further debt and his solution is "we all have ipads".
Diane Abbott : I don't even have to say anything where she is concerned, we all see the news.
Tom Watson : about as much use as a chocolate ashtray on a motorbike.
The one that saw the light is Andy Burnham (who I despise), taking a cushy little number as Mayor of Manchester.
This is the opposition to Brexit under the Tories, no opposition then really.
And people vote for these.

:lol:

Reads like a parody of a collection of right-wing press effluent. Isn't Corbyn too busy planting IRA bombs or something ... :?: Absurd.

Brexit is bad for the country ... quick look over there - Venezuela! :mrgreen:

It's almost as if you can't be bothered to find out what's really going on.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:27 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
Ah Liebour.
One of the main issues with Brexit was, and still is, too much immigration.
We know have the Shadow Home Secretary preaching she will make it "EASIER" for migrants to come to the country !
http://www.westmonster.com/diane-abbott ... lications/
And before you preach about the source Saigon, Manchester try reading the corrupt BBC, it is on there also.
And this is why, along with Comrade, I preach austerity but have a net worth of £6 million, Corbyn, Labour will not be in power for the forseeable.
I also note the lying mouthpiece Blair has risen again preaching defeating Brexit is more important than Labour governing. Also claiming he likes Corbyn. Wasn't it only weeks ago he was slating Corbyn for dragging the Labour party down ! Why the media even give this arrogant waste of semen air space I don't know.
The only reason he is trying to scupper Brexit is because he can see his cash cow job with the EU filtering away.
Saw a poll on twitter last night regarding Brexit. Results 54% wanting to remain.
The entire poll was carried out in Kensington.
And you Manchester tell us to listen to these so called experts who think the entire UK ends around the M25.
What these polls and opinions of experts are written on, who think London is the be all and end all, are good for one thing................wiping my arse on.

Okay - what I take from that is that you are still trying to make this a left versus right thing.

Swampy lad, it isn't.

I totally disagree with Brexit. As far as I know Labour's stance is also pro-Brexit (although maybe it is a flawed attempt to keep the Brexiteers sweet). Slagging off Labour's stance makes no difference to me.

If you have ever read my thoughts on Tony Blair, you will see that I think he is a self-serving hypocritical arse.

But I agree with his views on Brexit.

On the other hand, I despise David Cameron. I loathe George Osborne.

But I agree with their views on Brexit.

This is not a left versus right debate.

Stop trying to make it one.

By the way - I'd like to know why you think the BBC is "corrupt". I guess you really mean "biased".

The sad thing is that whenever somebody like the BBC report something that makes your views look bad (by "your" I mean "one's" not yours specifically, Swampster :D ) they are accused of bias.

Both the Tories and Labour constantly accuse the Beeb of bias. Surely one of them is wrong.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:30 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
shrewsbury saddler wrote:But how bothered are some of the Brexiteers at the top of the Tory party about immigration? Fox was quickly told to shut up when he said that immigration rates could be maintained by drawing from outside the EU. The likes of Gove and Johnson are economic free-market liberals who see a need for a fluid workforce, just without as many rights as the EU gives them. Their alliance with "get our country back" UKIPers was one of convenience, and both sides could end up regretting.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/comm ... -38btktnc6

I am not denying immigration is good for the country but it needs managing.
With Abbott as Home Secretary the floodgates would be open for all and sundry hence why at the moment the Tories have no competition in government.
If anyone can take the Labour party as contenders I really do pity them.
You have Corbyn at the top : preaching austerity hypocritically, who loves the Venezuela option (you know the one where in upcoming elections all the opposition are banned from entering) and whose idea of dealing with terrorism is sitting down for tea and biscuits and there would be no Trident programme, in fact probably no Armed Forces.
John McDonnell : who has already said he will plunge the country into further debt and his solution is "we all have ipads".
Diane Abbott : I don't even have to say anything where she is concerned, we all see the news.
The one that saw the light is Andy Burnham (who I despise), taking a cushy little number as Mayor of Manchester.

Brilliant tweet from James Cleverly earlier just highlighting how one in the Labour party doesn't know what the other wants.
And people vote for these :!: :!: :!: :!:

"Help me understand what Labour’s position is.

So far I’ve heard Corbyn say they won’t rule out second referendum.

Diane Abbott last month backed second referendum but today rules out second referendum.

Tom Watson today doesn't rule out second referendum".

I would LOVE a second referendum.

It is nothing to do with Labour and my reasoning is that deep down half the Tories want one too.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Oh and I'm still waiting for you to persuade me to come round to the Brexiteer's way of thinking, Swampster - or ANYBODY really.

Any takers?

If it is such a brilliant thing for the UK - tell me why I am wrong.

Please!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:48 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:By the way - I'd like to know why you think the BBC is "corrupt". I guess you really mean "biased".

The sad thing is that whenever somebody like the BBC report something that makes your views look bad (by "your" I mean "one's" not yours specifically, Swampster :D ) they are accused of bias.

Oh yes, the BBC was the ultimate authority on global events last week. If it didn't appear on their website a news story wasn't worth a bag of peanuts. Back to being a useless sack of corrupt marxist bobbins now again. Weird. :D :idea:

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:01 pm

shrewsbury saddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
shrewsbury saddler wrote:But how bothered are some of the Brexiteers at the top of the Tory party about immigration? Fox was quickly told to shut up when he said that immigration rates could be maintained by drawing from outside the EU. The likes of Gove and Johnson are economic free-market liberals who see a need for a fluid workforce, just without as many rights as the EU gives them. Their alliance with "get our country back" UKIPers was one of convenience, and both sides could end up regretting.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/comm ... -38btktnc6

I am not denying immigration is good for the country but it needs managing.
With Abbott as Home Secretary the floodgates would be open for all and sundry hence why at the moment the Tories have no competition in government.
If anyone can take the Labour party as contenders I really do pity them.
You have Corbyn at the top : preaching austerity hypocritically, who loves the Venezuela option (you know the one where in upcoming elections all the opposition are banned from entering) and whose idea of dealing with terrorism is sitting down for tea and biscuits and there would be no Trident programme, in fact probably no Armed Forces.

Brilliant tweet from James Cleverly earlier just highlighting how one in the Labour party doesn't know what the other wants.
And people vote for these :!: :!: :!: :!:

"Help me understand what Labour’s position is.

So far I’ve heard Corbyn say they won’t rule out second referendum.

Diane Abbott last month backed second referendum but today rules out second referendum.

Tom Watson today doesn't rule out second referendum".

You seem to assume I was arguing in favour of Labour.No. I was pointing out that the shenanigans involved in getting a leave vote means the job of negotiating a deal has been handed to people closer to Labour's view on immigration than they are to your own.Happy with that?

Sorry I didn't mean to imply you were a Labour supporter.
Just highlighting the incompetent opposition Teresa the Appeaser has where Brexit is concerned. There is no opposition.
Liberal Democrats are anything but democratic.

buttssadler

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:47 pm

ok I voted to go I still would If I take snap shop of wot is like to live in Walsall now and by the way I am 56 years old so that gives me the right this it was about letting to many people in. Now u onleyhave to walk down park street and any day of the week and u might find 2 out of ten shoppers talking English and before any body says that is abuse it is not I don't mined any body comeing as long as pay there way but I can not remember as a kid so many men or women sleeping rough as there is now all so beggers saw one yesterday and he was English I allso see it in my bank mostly eastern eurepean people trying to open bank accounts with very few words of English. and when u here farmers say who is going to pick your sprouts on your xmas day dinner if all poles go home and the british people will notwork for wage well if the farmers paid the right wage to the british people might go and take the jobs so that is why I voted out still would and I always voted labour but right now thay have about as much chance of getting in as I have becoming king

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:44 pm

buttssadler wrote:ok I voted to go I still would If I take snap shop of wot is like to live in Walsall now and by the way I am 56 years old so that gives me the right this it was about letting to many people in. Now u onleyhave to walk down park street and any day of the week and u might find 2 out of ten shoppers talking English and before any body says that is abuse it is not I don't mined any body comeing as long as pay there way but I can not remember as a kid so many men or women sleeping rough as there is now all so beggers saw one yesterday and he was English I allso see it in my bank mostly eastern eurepean people trying to open bank accounts with very few words of English. and when u here farmers say who is going to pick your sprouts on your xmas day dinner if all poles go home and the british people will notwork for wage well if the farmers paid the right wage to the british people might go and take the jobs so that is why I voted out still would and I always voted labour but right now thay have about as much chance of getting in as I have becoming king

I'm not sure what your age has to do with it, Butts - I am just a year younger. I've spent a lot of time in Walsall this year and walked up and down Park Street and around the town centre. Mate, it's no different to Manchester city centre, Birmingham or anywhere else when it comes to homeless people, foreign accents etc. The level of Asians is possibly a little higher in Walsall than some places but is that anything to do with the EU? Or is it a bad thing? If so, why?

I don't really see what point you are trying to make in that sense.

The percentage of EU nationals in the UK is about 6% - that's hardly 8 out of 10 people, is it (it's 6 out of 100 in fact).

I don't want to single you out, but this post is kind of proof that people really need to see the bigger picture. The EU has become a scapegoat for problems created by the Conservative government and leavers are playing right into the hands of the hard-right side of the Tory party.

People like Jacob Rees-Mogg - a man you are VERY Unlikely to see walking down the main shopping street of any town or city in the UK.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:53 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:
buttssadler wrote:ok I voted to go I still would If I take snap shop of wot is like to live in Walsall now and by the way I am 56 years old so that gives me the right this it was about letting to many people in. Now u onleyhave to walk down park street and any day of the week and u might find 2 out of ten shoppers talking English and before any body says that is abuse it is not I don't mined any body comeing as long as pay there way but I can not remember as a kid so many men or women sleeping rough as there is now all so beggers saw one yesterday and he was English I allso see it in my bank mostly eastern eurepean people trying to open bank accounts with very few words of English. and when u here farmers say who is going to pick your sprouts on your xmas day dinner if all poles go home and the british people will notwork for wage well if the farmers paid the right wage to the british people might go and take the jobs so that is why I voted out still would and I always voted labour but right now thay have about as much chance of getting in as I have becoming king

I'm not sure what your age has to do with it, Butts - I am just a year younger. I've spent a lot of time in Walsall this year and walked up and down Park Street and around the town centre. Mate, it's no different to Manchester city centre, Birmingham or anywhere else when it comes to homeless people, foreign accents etc. The level of Asians is possibly a little higher in Walsall than some places but is that anything to do with the EU? Or is it a bad thing? If so, why?

I don't really see what point you are trying to make in that sense.

The percentage of EU nationals in the UK is about 6% - that's hardly 8 out of 10 people, is it (it's 6 out of 100 in fact).

I don't want to single you out, but this post is kind of proof that people really need to see the bigger picture. The EU has become a scapegoat for problems created by the Conservative government and leavers are playing right into the hands of the hard-right side of the Tory party.

People like Jacob Rees-Mogg - a man you are VERY Unlikely to see walking down the main shopping street of any town or city in the UK.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it Tony Blair, continued with by Gordon Brown, who brought in the "open door policy" ?
But the blame lays solely at Teresa the Appeaser's door according to you.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:58 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it Tony Blair, continued with by Gordon Brown, who brought in the "open door policy" ?

I wasn't talking about the open door policy - I was talking about the mess that the Conservatives have left the country in.

The Referendum was a protest vote against the Conservatives and some people used it to "teach them a lesson". Sadly we have ALL been taught a lesson by people who don't know any better.

And I believe that welcoming people to the UK and allowing the EU to welcome us is a GOOD thing.

6%, Swampy - hardly being overrun are we?

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:57 pm

swampysaddler wrote:

I wasn't talking about the open door policy - I was talking about the mess that the Conservatives have left the country in.

The Referendum was a protest vote against the Conservatives and some people used it to "teach them a lesson". Sadly we have ALL been taught a lesson by people who don't know any better.

And I believe that welcoming people to the UK and allowing the EU to welcome us is a GOOD thing.

6%, Swampy - hardly being overrun are we?

I have said in a previous post immigration is good for the country but it needs managing. Not just a open door policy for all to come in and bring in their 3rd distant cousin, removed, with them.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:46 pm

People sleeping rough is a result of economic policy not working for everyone or social issues around that person's personal life, and it has nothing to do with Pavel opening a bank account at Lloyd's.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:46 am

Slightly ironic that you bring up about talking English because you don't seem to have a grasp of the English language yourself.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:48 am

scott_powell wrote:

Slightly ironic that you bring up about talking English because you don't seem to have a grasp of the English language yourself.

Why do you stoop to that level of condescension? :roll: It really isn't called for.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

Why do you stoop to that level of condescension? :roll: It really isn't called for.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Whatever Welsh.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:55 pm

It's worrying that you are 56 years old and you have such a narrow view and grasp of what may cause homelessness. Not lack of job creation. Not tighter regulation of Landlords. Not affordable housing. Not a lack of help for people with psychological problems. It's them bloody foreigners.

I'd rather have them in this country than people with your views.

Horozontal Harry
Glitterati

Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:26 pm

scott_powell wrote:

That's really big of you - start losing the argument so you resort to cheap personal insults.

I thought we'd seen the back of that tactic when Soundy was ex-communicated

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Horozontal Harry wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

That's really big of you - start losing the argument so you resort to cheap personal insults.

With all due respect - I wouldn't say he is losing any argument HH.

I do agree that we should discuss things without resorting to insults though.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Horozontal Harry wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

I wasn't even arguing a point. Just found the irony amusing. Maybe I should have just kept it to myself :lol:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:48 pm

scott_powell wrote:
Horozontal Harry wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

I wasn't even arguing a point. Just found the irony amusing. Maybe I should have just kept it to myself :lol:

T'was an apalling post from, quite literally BS, both in terms of the abhorrent content and the half-arsed, absurd manner in which it was written. There's also no personal insult that I can see.

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:08 pm

If you complain , in a barely comprehensible post, about the poor English of others, I think that makes you fair game.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:10 pm

:lol: :lol:

Alright chaps, apologies.

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:13 pm

No need to apologise to me. I was defending your post!

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:15 pm

shrewsbury saddler wrote:No need to apologise to me. I was defending your post!

Maybe I need English lessons too! Completely misread the last few posts!! :lol:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:18 pm

So was I! :D

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:20 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:

I realised after rereading! :lol:

UTS MEMBERS ARE DEFENDING ME! CRACK OPEN THE CHAMPAGNE! :mrgreen:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:55 pm

scott_powell wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Don't get used to it!

:D :wink:

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:56 pm

scott_powell wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Don't get used to it!

:D :wink:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:33 pm

You can think it, but you don't have to say it. Rhetorical comments!

Wragbyred
Glitterati

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:45 pm

TBH I think you've all been whooshed by Butts Sadler, surely no one can spell that badly unless it's on purpose!!

PreviousNext
Return to General Chat & Prediction League