Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Brexit Breakfast

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:04 pm

Cully wrote:If anyone's interested I've got a supply of handkerchiefs which after reading the last load of old blarney on this thread looks like it will be needed for all those super intelligent and new Oirish passport holders who think that the doors to the rest of the planet are about to be closed to anyone with a British passport.

Utter and absolute hysterical nonsense of the highest order, hopefully the resulting exodus of the newly anointed Oirsh will result in the average intelligence of the UK increasing. Why anyone who is British would want to be Irish I have no absolutely idea. :roll:

Dear Cully,

I need your help and advice.

I find myself in the most unfortunate position of not being able to apply for an Irish passport, or Welsh, or even Scottish, being composed of entirely English DNA unto the Nth generation of myopic salt miners and dyers. Pure landless peasantry of Cheshire and Warwickshire.

What do I do now? I have been confined to a small, dark room wherein I have been weeping uncontrollably, although I cannot ascertain if this is following the alleged entertainment against Bristol Rovers, a veritable dearth of meaningful Christmas gifts or due to the ghastly happenstance of Brexit.

Please assist with some useful and pertinent advice!
Sincerely
Harold Ditchwater

PT
Site Addict

Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:26 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Cully wrote:If anyone's interested I've got a supply of handkerchiefs which after reading the last load of old blarney on this thread looks like it will be needed for all those super intelligent and new Oirish passport holders who think that the doors to the rest of the planet are about to be closed to anyone with a British passport.

Utter and absolute hysterical nonsense of the highest order, hopefully the resulting exodus of the newly anointed Oirsh will result in the average intelligence of the UK increasing. Why anyone who is British would want to be Irish I have no absolutely idea. :roll:

Dear Cully,

I find myself in the most unfortunate position of not being able to apply for an Irish passport, or Welsh, or even Scottish, being composed of entirely English DNA unto the Nth generation of myopic salt miners and dyers. Pure landless peasantry of Cheshire and Warwickshire.

What do I do now? I have been confined to a small, dark room wherein I have been weeping uncontrollably, although I cannot ascertain if this is following the alleged entertainment against Bristol Rovers, a veritable dearth of meaningful Christmas gifts or due to the ghastly happenstance of Brexit.

Sincerely
Harold Ditchwater

In the spirit of the thread title I think this makes you the "Full English". Which judging from Cully's post - his "full English Brexit" if you will (all the ingredients and even some of the smells are in there) - makes you superior. Congratulations Mr Ditchwater - you are apparently blessed.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:04 pm

PT wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Dear Cully,

Sincerely
Harold Ditchwater

In the spirit of the thread title I think this makes you the "Full English". Which judging from Cully's post - his "full English Brexit" if you will (all the ingredients and even some of the smells are in there) - makes you superior. Congratulations Mr Ditchwater - you are apparently blessed.

Thanks PT - I always knew that I was a special case. :D :wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:49 pm

Putting aside the condescending gibberish about Irish people, I would suggest that the reason that a British person wants to be Irish is because they have Irish ancestry or roots, or perhaps that, like me, they have been let down by those who voted for Brexit, taking away the privilege that I had of being an EU citizen.

While you seem happy to insult the intelligence of Remainers generally, you STILL haven't given me EVEN ONE benefit of Brexit, Cully.

Until you do, I will treat such drivelsome posts with the respect they deserve.

Happy New Year.

:D

Morty
Glitterati

Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

swampysaddler wrote:All this palaver about Blue Passports was mentioned once by Morty and lo and behold who is the only one to keep referring back to it .....................................................why none other than one of the EU's lackyies Saigon.
Is your life that sad that this keeps you going ?

It was mentioned to try and help Manc determine one good reason for leaving the EU - and this was the best I could find other than the £350m that'll go towards the NHS!! :roll:

I'm yet to see a good reason for leaving other than good old-fashioned jingoism - and if that really is the state of the UK then I'm worried!

Although to be fair - I still have my doubts that this entire thing will actually go through.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Bye then, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42514117

Another one of those "we live in a democracy but we don't agree with a democratic vote" bites the dust.

chunkster
Site Addict

Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:53 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:

Putting aside the condescending gibberish about Irish people, I would suggest that the reason that a British person wants to be Irish is because they have Irish ancestry or roots, or perhaps that, like me, they have been let down by those who voted for Brexit, taking away the privilege that I had of being an EU citizen.

While you seem happy to insult the intelligence of Remainers generally, you STILL haven't given me EVEN ONE benefit of Brexit, Cully.

Happy New Year.

If you feel so let down by your British brothers and sisters then have you thought about applying for a French? Polish? or even a Lithuanian passport? i am sure with your expertees they would be only to glad to have you, or we could do a straight swap with us getting a strawberry picker in your place :mrgreen: :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:09 pm

chunkster wrote:

Happy New Year.

If you feel so let down by your British brothers and sisters then have you thought about applying for a French? Polish? or even a Lithuanian passport? i am sure with your expertees they would be only to glad to have you, or we could do a straight swap with us getting a strawberry picker in your place :mrgreen: :wink:

Is this a joke post? :?

Hope so ...

chunkster
Site Addict

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:14 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
chunkster wrote:

Happy New Year.

Hope so ...
If you knew my sense of humour saigon you wouldn't have to ask that :wink: plus i thought that the smiley emojo's where a bit of a giveaway :mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:48 pm

chunkster wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
chunkster wrote:

Happy New Year.

Hope so ...
If you knew my sense of humour saigon you wouldn't have to ask that :wink: plus i thought that the smiley emojo's where a bit of a giveaway :mrgreen:

It did seem a bit out of character ... :D

chunkster
Site Addict

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:51 pm

:wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:52 pm

chunkster wrote: If you feel so let down by your British brothers and sisters then have you thought about applying for a French? Polish? or even a Lithuanian passport? i am sure with your expertees they would be only to glad to have you, or we could do a straight swap with us getting a strawberry picker in your place :mrgreen: :wink:

I only feel let down by all Brexiteers, Chunkster. :D

There are still people who don't believe everything they read in the papers.

Happy New Year.

chunkster
Site Addict

Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:17 pm

chunkster wrote: If you feel so let down by your British brothers and sisters then have you thought about applying for a French? Polish? or even a Lithuanian passport? i am sure with your expertees they would be only to glad to have you, or we could do a straight swap with us getting a strawberry picker in your place :mrgreen: :wink:

I only feel let down by all Brexiteers, Chunkster. :D

There are still people who don't believe everything they read in the papers.

Happy New Year.

Happy new year manc :wink:

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:22 am

Just seen this on Twitter from
"Progressive Europe #FBPE‏
@ProgressiveEur".

"RED ALERT.
We urgently request our #FBPE-tweeps to check their own #FBPE-followers first before they follow them back. Some brexiters are using the #FBPE-hashtag to create confusion and sow discord. Please check the timeline of your followers and block them if they are Brexiters".

I nearly fell off my chair laughing my bollocks off so much. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Happy New Year to one and all.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:56 pm

Well I am constantly laughing at the fact that NOT ONE Brexiteer anywhere can come up with A SINGLE GOOD THING about Brexit.

:lol: :lol:

Happy New Year, Swampy Lad.

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:Well I am constantly laughing at the fact that NOT ONE Brexiteer anywhere can come up with A SINGLE GOOD THING about Brexit.

Put fingers in ears and chant "I can't hear you".

Repeat until you can convince yourself you are right.

:roll:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:27 am

tinned wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:Well I am constantly laughing at the fact that NOT ONE Brexiteer anywhere can come up with A SINGLE GOOD THING about Brexit.

Best answer yet. The question's been asked multiple times, with no coherent response, and suddenly it's Manc avoiding the issue? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still, blue passports, eh? Which you could have had anyway.

Oh, and they'll be made in Europe. :mrgreen:

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:29 am

I'm not sure how asking a question no one seems able to answer constitutes ignoring reality.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:17 am

tinned wrote:

With all due respect, Tinned, that's exactly what Brexiteers are doing. Deep down they all KNOW that this is going to be a total disaster but every single one has his/her head in the sand.

Just ONE PRO is all I have ever asked.

Surely, if Brexit is going to save us all, you lot can come up with ONE!

Try pulling your heads out of the sand for once.

Happy New Year.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:05 am

shrewsbury saddler wrote:I'm not sure how asking a question no one seems able to answer constitutes ignoring reality.

LOL almost as if it's something Wrexit voters don't want to talk about anymore. All very boring and dull. Strange, because they were telling the experts it would all be fantastic. :roll: :|

Perhaps they're just waiting for the German rescue ... :oops: :oops: :oops:

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:30 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
shrewsbury saddler wrote:I'm not sure how asking a question no one seems able to answer constitutes ignoring reality.

LOL almost as if it's something Wrexit voters don't want to talk about anymore. All very boring and dull. Strange, because they were telling the experts it would all be fantastic. :roll: :|

No we are all sat waiting for the Armageddon that was promised last June.
Getting a bit boring now waiting !

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:37 am

swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Swamps - the prospect of Armageddon (which means the final battle) was what's known as a strawman argument propagated by the pro-Brexit press.
In essence: oh look Britain still physically exists, therefore the damaging economic effects of Brexit are meaningless.

It's literally your only comment and is utterly valueless as described above.
I'm not surprised though as there's not much else anyone in favour of Wrexit can come up with.

:wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:52 am

swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

We haven't left yet!

Still no pros Swampy?

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:13 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

We haven't left yet!

Still no pros Swampy?

And still no big financial crash as predicted by these so called experts and Kensington only poll conductors !

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:33 pm

<sigh>

We haven't left yet.

Banks and businesses are already looking at relocating from London to Frankfurt, Paris and other massive EU cities where the growth and the FORECAST of growth is far far higher than it is for the UK.

When that happens, the economy will start to collapse.

Swampy - IT IS ALREADY HAPPENING and the ONLY reasons that we haven't seen the full extent of it are:

(a) We are STILL IN THE EU at the moment.
(b) Business is waiting and hoping that we don't actually leave.

This is obvious to all - even to a lot of Brexiteers.

Furthermore, your response perfectly illustrates exactly what I am talking about.

Your head is so firmly in the sand that you can barely haul it out. You're refusal to see any evidence is incredible despite the proof that it is in the news and all over the internet.

You and others claim that Brexit is a great thing yet NO BREXITEER ANYWHERE can give me ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE of why. NOT EVEN ONE EXAMPLE, Swampy.

Saying "will of the people", "patriotism", "jingoism" etc. proves nothing.

The GOVERNMENT can't even list one PRO for Brexit. Not one single PRO.

That tells me everything I need to know.

And I'm sorry Swampy - your refusal to give me ONE PRO, speaks volumes. Maybe, if you get togther with other Brexiteers and brainstorm this you might convince me.

But you can't. NONE OF YOU CAN. It's like the blind leading the blind.

If this wasn't so serious, it would be utterly laughable.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:00 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

We haven't left yet!

Still no pros Swampy?

And still no big financial crash as predicted by these so called experts and Kensington only poll conductors !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:40 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:<sigh>

We haven't left yet.

Banks and businesses are already looking at relocating from London to Frankfurt, Paris and other massive EU cities where the growth and the FORECAST of growth is far far higher than it is for the UK.

Swampy - IT IS ALREADY HAPPENING and the ONLY reasons that we haven't seen the full extent of it are:

Furthermore, your response perfectly illustrates exactly what I am talking about.

Your head is so firmly in the sand that you can barely haul it out. You're refusal to see any evidence is incredible despite the proof that it is in the news and all over the internet.

You and others claim that Brexit is a great thing yet NO BREXITEER ANYWHERE can give me ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE of why. NOT EVEN ONE EXAMPLE, Swampy.

And I'm sorry Swampy - your refusal to give me ONE PRO, speaks volumes. Maybe, if you get togther with other Brexiteers and brainstorm this you might convince me.

And there ends your argument.
All forecasts just like the "Armageddon and financial crash of June 2016" which were forecast by so called experts and financial geniuses but as yet 18 months down the line they STILL haven't materialized.
What is you are always preaching "don't always believe what you read" !
Maybe you should heed your own advice for once.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:16 pm

Swamps, your entire input on the debate is as follows:

Brexit will be bad for the country - no it won't and German car industry will force the EU to give us a great deal!
You won't get what you want anyway - we'll have a massive cake and eat it and what do experts know?
There MAY be an effect directly following Brexit - no there won't, the Daily Mail and Gove says we'll be great again!
The pound has crashed - so what it will recover in a week or two and that doesn't count as an effect!
The bank of England has been forced to protect the economy in the short term - so what? Don't bore me with details!
But it cannot protect the economy from major impacts as Brexit unfolds - We will have a great deal with Vanuatu and East Timor!
There will be significant economic impact as Brexit unfolds - where was the crash that I read about in the Daily Mail?
Companies will move from the UK to protect their EU access - where was the June crash?
Inflation will go up and real incomes will fall - where was the June crash?
The German car industry has not supplied a great EU deal, as predicted - where was the June crash?
The pound is still on it's backside, as predicted - where was the June crash?
Companies are moving to the EU, as predicted - where was the June crash?
Growth is slowing, falling behind that of Europe and beyond, as the IMF predicted - where was the June crash?

How about changing the record? How about acknowledging that something palpably horrific didn't have to happen to you on the day after the vote for this still to be a disasterous decision? Are you ever going to move on from June 2016 and look at the negative impacts that are unfolding RIGHT NOW?

The fact that the British landmass didn't melt into the sea in June 2016 in no way precludes damaging and significant effects befouling the future prosperity of the country. :idea:

How's the cake? :mrgreen: :D :wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:05 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:<sigh>

We haven't left yet.

And there ends your argument.
All forecasts just like the "Armageddon and financial crash of June 2016" which were forecast by so called experts and financial geniuses but as yet 18 months down the line they STILL haven't materialized.
What is you are always preaching "don't always believe what you read" !
Maybe you should heed your own advice for once.

<sigh>

Since the Brexit vote, growth in the UK has fallen, Growth in the EU has RISEN! That is a FACT not a forecast!

Inflation is going up! That is a FACT not a forecast!

Companies and banks are looking to move to the EU from London! That is a FACT not a forecast!

The trends currently show that the UK economy has slowed down and continues to do so! That is a FACT not a forecast!

The pound has crashed since Brexit! That is a FACT not a forecast!

My arguments are sound. Yours are - well - non-existent!

One pro, Swampy! Surely there must be ONE!

And not just you - ANY BREXITEER????????

It's crazy!

Why are you all so convinced that Brexit is a good thing, yet NOBODY can tell me anything to change my mind?????

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:10 am

When the United States of Europe gains traction perhaps all you know-it-all's will realise what a close shave we had. Unless you'd like to be members of such a union?

PreviousNext
Return to General Chat & Prediction League