Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Is the tide turning against Trump?

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
chunkster
Site Addict

Re: Is the tide turning against Trump?

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:03 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
chunkster wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:That'll be the Armageddon banded around by rank Brexiteers, absurdly conflating 'there will be damaging economic effects' into 'Britain will slide off into the North Atlantic' ? :lol: :wink:

No-one has ever suggested a plunge into pre-industrial serfdom, simply that there will be negative economic effects and a reduction of Britain's standing with the rest of the world.

Bit of a difference, but something which has inadvertently prevented you from addressing the question. :!: :wink:

again

No the Armageddon promised by George Osbourne if we voted Leave. Still waiting.
As with all the other doom and gloom predictions with voting Leave, still waiting.
Shame the original EU vote thread has disappeared, I could refer you back to all the doom mongering on that as well.

We haven't actually left yet so no there hasn't been. Pound has already dropped though, so those gloomers were right. Immigration is down though if that's your kind of thing.
That will suit me for now #racist :roll:

Who said you are racist?
No one, but it just seems that anyone who sees immigration as slowing down as a good thing, is always classed as one. it's about time we as a nation got off our arses and got back to work, but with eastern europeans seeing our minimum wage as a kings ransom we have no chance because employers don't want to pay anything higher,my wife was made redundant last march, and she was earning £21'000 a year, they have re advertised her job paying minimum wage, she has looked at other jobs, and all want her to do the same job and more for minimum wage, because they know there will be someone in eastern europe on a quarter of that, and they would come here and jump at the chance to earn it,, the employers in this country have taken advantage of the free movement of labour, and they are the only winners in this, it's about time we had another revolution :mrgreen:
And to keep on thread, Trump has bemoaned the influx of Mexicans in america, but without them the American economy would fall on it's arse.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:17 am

tinned wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
tinned wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
No we're not, We're still accelerating, just at a slower pace than before.

Our economy is still growing but at a much slower rate. That is called economic decline.

No, it's called economic growth. The economy is STILL getting bigger.

Oh dear!

So, like accelerating at 30 rather than 60, then???????? How do you not grasp this haha That is EXACTLY what I'm trying to explain to you. Almost half as slowly if 2019's predictions are to be believed.

And that economic growth is declining at a very steady rate. The figures are there for you. When it goes less than 0 we are in real big trouble but it getting less and less is still a decline in that growth. F*** me.

If you thought today was Wednesday and somebody showed you a calendar you'd still carry on calling today Wednesday :lol:

Now you're saying "economic growth is declining". I never said it wasn't. I was pointing out Manchester's post saying that the economy is declining was incorrect.

Give me strength!

Coming from the guy who just told me my point was nonsense, then explained EXACTLY my point painted as if it was somehow showing me up...

No I've been saying that all along, at length. Because it's basically the same thing when you compete with other people's whose "ECONOMIC GROWTH" (God forbd we use the wrong wording aye Tinned) isn't.

Not sure what your strange analogy comes from but there you go. We're not going from 60 to 120, we are going from 60 to 30. Jesus Christ.

If we were going from 60 to 30 we'd be decelerating (in economic terms , recession). The forecast says we're going to grow.

You twist and turn so much in absolutely every discussion you get involved in I doubt even you know what you're trying to say.[/quote]

Just answer me one question, if you are travelling at 30 miles and hour as appose to 60 are you still moving forward all be it at a slower rate? It's really f***ing easy. I'm not the one who is twisting anything, you can dull down my argument as much as you like, you are talking shite.

Maybe stick to what I've actually said instead of deciding what I mean and I won't appear to be twisting and turning so much.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 am

chunkster wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
chunkster wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
We haven't actually left yet so no there hasn't been. Pound has already dropped though, so those gloomers were right. Immigration is down though if that's your kind of thing.

Who said you are racist?
No one, but it just seems that anyone who sees immigration as slowing down as a good thing, is always classed as one. it's about time we as a nation got off our arses and got back to work, but with eastern europeans seeing our minimum wage as a kings ransom we have no chance because employers don't want to pay anything higher,my wife was made redundant last march, and she was earning £21'000 a year, they have re advertised her job paying minimum wage, she has looked at other jobs, and all want her to do the same job and more for minimum wage, because they know there will be someone in eastern europe on a quarter of that, and they would come here and jump at the chance to earn it,, the employers in this country have taken advantage of the free movement of labour, and they are the only winners in this, it's about time we had another revolution :mrgreen:
And to keep on thread, Trump has bemoaned the influx of Mexicans in america, but without them the American economy would fall on it's arse.

Nobody is calling you a racist. Not me anyway. I just don't see it as worth the downside. Maybe if the government bothered to create some jobs then it wouldn't be such a problem for your misses.

chunkster
Site Addict

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:54 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
chunkster wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
chunkster wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:

Who said you are racist?

Nobody is calling you a racist. Not me anyway. I just don't see it as worth the downside. Maybe if the government bothered to create some jobs then it wouldn't be such a problem for your misses.
I know you wasn't calling me a racist mate :wink: i was labelling myself as one before someone else did :lol:

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:06 pm

El_Nombre wrote:Just answer me one question, if you are travelling at 30 miles and hour as appose to 60 are you still moving forward all be it at a slower rate? It's really f***ing easy. I'm not the one who is twisting anything, you can dull down my argument as much as you like, you are talking shite.

Maybe stick to what I've actually said instead of deciding what I mean and I won't appear to be twisting and turning so much.

I've come to the conclusion I agree with Scott, you're not worth f*****g bothering with.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:53 am

tinned wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:Just answer me one question, if you are travelling at 30 miles and hour as appose to 60 are you still moving forward all be it at a slower rate? It's really f***ing easy. I'm not the one who is twisting anything, you can dull down my argument as much as you like, you are talking shite.

I've come to the conclusion I agree with Scott, you're not worth f*****g bothering with.

No, clearly you can't answer me a simple question. Thanks. Speaks volumes.

Previous
Return to General Chat & Prediction League