Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Is the tide turning against Trump?

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
saddla
Site Addict

Is the tide turning against Trump?

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:58 am

the US state of Alabama which is about as right wing as you can get last night voted in a Democrat to the US senate.
The winner Doug Jones is a former prosecutor who once got a conviction of 2 KKK members in Alabama.
It may not be all roses for the democrats though as the losing Republican was dogged by accusations of sexual harassment and abuse.
But at least it's a step in the right direction.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42333712

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Is the tide turning against Trump?

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:18 am

Occasionally, some things encourage me that the world isn't totally insane.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:20 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:Occasionally, some things encourage me that the world isn't totally insane.

In that case, can the tide start turning against Brexit please as well?

chunkster
Site Addict

Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:Occasionally, some things encourage me that the world isn't totally insane.

NO :roll: :mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:31 pm

It is. The latest deal is the end of the hard brexit fallacy. No wonder the EU pension receiving hypocrite Farage is so upset.

:D :wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Anything that upsets that hypocritical windbag gets my vote.

:twisted:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:41 pm

chunkster wrote:

NO :roll: :mrgreen:

Why not?

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Shame Brexit is DEFINITELY happening for all you clutching at them straws.
And cack like what is happening today, Dominic Grieve throwing his toys everywhere because he was sacked, doesn't help matters (the Tories are getting as bad as Liebour for their in-fighting).
Hopefully when it comes round to another polling day the same happens to him as did Nick Clegg, bye, fudge your not wanted you parasite.
If all these back stabbing MP's put as much effort into doing what they are actually paid for, representing their constituents, and not acting like petulant children then things would actually get done a lot quicker.
But hey ho roll on March 2019 when we are rid of the EU and hopefully people like war criminal Blair will finally shut their unwanted gobs.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:04 pm

swampysaddler wrote:Shame Brexit is DEFINITELY happening for all you clutching at them straws.
And cack like what is happening today, Dominic Grieve throwing his toys everywhere because he was sacked, doesn't help matters (the Tories are getting as bad as Liebour for their in-fighting).
Hopefully when it comes round to another polling day the same happens to him as did Nick Clegg, bye, fudge your not wanted you parasite.
If all these back stabbing MP's put as much effort into doing what they are actually paid for, representing their constituents, and not acting like petulant children then things would actually get done a lot quicker.
But hey ho roll on March 2019 when we are rid of the EU and hopefully people like war criminal Blair will finally shut their unwanted gobs.

Don't be so sure, Swampy.

The Tories are responsible for this mess in the first place and are currently far more split than Labour.

FYI I live in a constituency that voted Remain so I would like my MP to vote against Brexit at every opportunity, thank you very much.

And Brexit is such an unholy mess - just the BEGINNING of the catastrophe - that surely we will end up putting it on the scrap heap as a costly mistake when everybody realises - and people are slowly realising Swampy - make no mistake.

BTW I'm still waiting for the pros of Brexit.

How many times do I have to ask?

Oh and capitalising everything doesn't make it fact.

:mrgreen:

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:49 pm

swampysaddler wrote:Shame Brexit is DEFINITELY happening for all you clutching at them straws.

Don't be so sure, Swampy.

The Tories are responsible for this mess in the first place and are currently far more split than Labour.

FYI I live in a constituency that voted Remain so I would like my MP to vote against Brexit at every opportunity, thank you very much.

And Brexit is such an unholy mess - just the BEGINNING of the catastrophe - that surely we will end up putting it on the scrap heap as a costly mistake when everybody realises - and people are slowly realising Swampy - make no mistake.

BTW I'm still waiting for the pros of Brexit.

How many times do I have to ask?

Oh and capitalising everything doesn't make it fact.

:mrgreen:

And I am still waiting on the "Armageddon" that was promised before last June and still no sign of that. :mrgreen:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:02 pm

We haven't left yet and we can see the signs at the moment. Do you watch the news?

One pro swampy. Just one.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:28 pm

I can't see what's fundementally changed other than losing a load of EU support jobs to places like Holand, France and Germany and damaging the economy for the next 20 years.

The EU has simply dictated the terms of exit, rendering Brexit as soft as poached marshmellow and we're paying 40 billion for the kerfuffle.

Ridiculous.

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:57 pm

I wouldn't go on too much about people throwing toys about if I were you- a pots and kettles sort of thing.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:47 am

I see the Daily Mail has gone full on mega strop this morning, now thats the quality toys out of the pram action.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:10 am

derbysaddler wrote:I see the Daily Fail has gone full on mega strop this morning, now thats the quality toys out of the pram action.

You mean Snowflake Central?

FACT

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:31 am

Yeah. Saw that. Hilarious hypocrisy. A Brexiteer newspaper moaning? Surely not.

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:20 am

A good example of what I keep saying. May knows she won't get a Brexit Bill past the whole of her party in the Commons She was again trying to sidestep the need for it . I bet Dacre's been chewing the carpet.

Funny how the referendum was meant to end Tory divisions on Europe once and for all....

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:45 am

Another thread taken over by the remainers,Usual suspects.This time by the second post. :roll:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:05 pm

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:Another thread taken over by the remainers,Usual suspects.This time by the second post. :roll:

But this is an important topic, NSD. Don't you agree?

It's probably the most important topic for our country at the moment and is worthy of as much discussion as possible.

Have you a pro for Brexit?

I'm still waiting ...

tinned
Site Addict

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:31 pm

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:Another thread taken over by the remainers,Usual suspects.This time by the second post. :roll:

It's probably the most important topic for our country at the moment and is worthy of as much discussion as possible.

I'm still waiting ...

There's no point in talking to those that won't listen. I believe that's why people have stopped responding.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:49 pm

tinned wrote:

I'm still waiting ...

There's no point in talking to those that won't listen. I believe that's why people have stopped responding.

And that sums up perfectly why "remain" will never be the popular opinion in this country.

It's far easier to write that view off as no it alls, whilst repeating choruses of Land of Hope and Glory and Strong and Stable over and over again to drown out yet more proof that this is a terrible thing to do to our own country.

In the thread in question, there is one side of the debate that has used facts and figures to make their point and one that has used pathetic nick names and sound bites. And that sums up brexit quite perfectly.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:57 pm

tinned wrote:

I'm still waiting ...

Hmm, and that view can easily be flipped around the other way as well.

We have appeared to reach a point now where its expected of those who hold unfavourable views regarding leaving the EU to simply be quiet now and not use their right of freedom of speech on the subject. Others have also suggested the solution that they should simply leave the their own Country if they don't like it, that train of thought has been used before in reference to certain groups of people as well.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:58 pm

its a thread, people post their views, that's kinda how it works kiddo.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:02 pm

No, that ship has sailed. If we didn't leave the EU now they would certainly include many stipulations against the UK that would limit our influence in Brussels. Instead we need to negotiate a sensible economic solution for both parties and domestically we must ensure we have robust protections around our own legal, social and economy factors. It can be done, its just going to take a lot of effort, compromise and resources to do so.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:48 pm

tinned wrote:

I'm still waiting ...

So here's a golden opportunity for someone, anyone to list any of the positives for Brexit. It's not as if he's even asking for an exhaustive list ... just one will do it seems. People are either suddenly 'too busy' or 'exasperated by the lack of listening'. There must be loads of positives.

I'm just glad that it's all progressing smoothly and that Farage, Gove and Bojo the clown have stepped up and really got involved with the details and machinery of it all. Perhaps they could come up with a single demonstrable positive?

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:49 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
tinned wrote:

I'm still waiting ...

And that sums up perfectly why "remain" will never be the popular opinion in this country.

It's far easier to write that view off as no it alls, whilst repeating choruses of Land of Hope and Glory and Strong and Stable over and over again to drown out yet more proof that this is a terrible thing to do to our own country.

In the thread in question, there is one side of the debate that has used facts and figures to make their point and one that has used pathetic nick names and sound bites. And that sums up brexit quite perfectly.

Can you please direct me to these fact and figures that back up the claim of remainers that "Armageddon" was going to happen last June ?
As Manchester would say, "I am still waiting" !!!!!

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:50 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
tinned wrote:

I'm still waiting ...

So here's a golden opportunity for someone, anyone to list any of the positives for Brexit. It's not as if he's even asking for an exhaustive list ... just one will do it seems. People are either suddenly 'too busy' or 'exasperated by the lack of listening'. There must be loads of positives.

I'm just glad that it's all progressing smoothly and that Farage, Gove and Bojo the clown have stepped up and really got involved with the details and machinery of it all. Perhaps they could come up with a single demonstrable positive?

And I am still waiting for Armageddon you all promised last June ! So fair to say we are both being disappointed.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:06 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
tinned wrote:

I'm still waiting ...

And I am still waiting for Armageddon you all promised last June ! So fair to say we are both being disappointed.

That'll be the Armageddon banded around by rank Brexiteers, absurdly conflating 'there will be damaging economic effects' into 'Britain will slide off into the North Atlantic' ? :lol: :wink:

No-one has ever suggested a plunge into pre-industrial serfdom, simply that there will be negative economic effects and a reduction of Britain's standing with the rest of the world.

Bit of a difference, but something which has inadvertently prevented you from addressing the question. :!: :wink:

again

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:26 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:That'll be the Armageddon banded around by rank Brexiteers, absurdly conflating 'there will be damaging economic effects' into 'Britain will slide off into the North Atlantic' ? :lol: :wink:

No-one has ever suggested a plunge into pre-industrial serfdom, simply that there will be negative economic effects and a reduction of Britain's standing with the rest of the world.

Bit of a difference, but something which has inadvertently prevented you from addressing the question. :!: :wink:

again

No the Armageddon promised by George Osbourne if we voted Leave. Still waiting.
As with all the other doom and gloom predictions with voting Leave, still waiting.
Shame the original EU vote thread has disappeared, I could refer you back to all the doom mongering on that as well.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:33 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:That'll be the Armageddon banded around by rank Brexiteers, absurdly conflating 'there will be damaging economic effects' into 'Britain will slide off into the North Atlantic' ? :lol: :wink:

again

No the Armageddon promised by George Osbourne if we voted Leave. Still waiting.
As with all the other doom and gloom predictions with voting Leave, still waiting.
Shame the original EU vote thread has disappeared, I could refer you back to all the doom mongering on that as well.

We haven't actually left yet so no there hasn't been. Pound has already dropped though, so those gloomers were right. Immigration is down though if that's your kind of thing.

Next
Return to General Chat & Prediction League