Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

UTS Posters

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
PINNACLE
UTS Legend

UTS Posters

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:31 pm

I have decided after an absence of 18 months or so to log back in and see if anything or anyone has changed since my last visit, to my dismay it sadly has not. This forum was good humoured and had some great characters who posted regularly , the majority of these people no longer post anything and the bores and know it alls seem to have taken control (a bit like Britain today). Message to the Admins............put this site back out to the hard core fans who want the best for all things WFC and are willing to talk about it on a Saturday night after the games. The wannabee politicians can ply there trade on anyone of the myriad of web sites out there and will always find things to argue about with people who are as ignorant as they are. Get rid of them and lets get back to talking about the club we all love.
There is a place for Football and loving WFC and that is a forum called UTS.
There is a place for politics, Anti semitism and far left fascism that certain posters on here embrace, these are the people who have seen this sites numbers nose dive in recent years !
Get rid and lets get back to the footy.............UTS

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: UTS Posters

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:04 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:33 am

You're in the wrong forum. Has it been so long you forgot there's more than one? :lol:

PT
Site Addict

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:55 am

Disappointed. From the thread title, I was looking forward to ordering some UTS posters in time for Christmas.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:41 am

PINNACLE wrote:I have decided after an absence of 18 months or so to log back in and see if anything or anyone has changed since my last visit, to my dismay it sadly has not. This forum was good humoured and had some great characters who posted regularly , the majority of these people no longer post anything and the bores and know it alls seem to have taken control (a bit like Britain today). Message to the Admins............put this site back out to the hard core fans who want the best for all things WFC and are willing to talk about it on a Saturday night after the games. The wannabee politicians can ply there trade on anyone of the myriad of web sites out there and will always find things to argue about with people who are as ignorant as they are. Get rid of them and lets get back to talking about the club we all love.
There is a place for politics, Anti semitism and far left fascism that certain posters on here embrace, these are the people who have seen this sites numbers nose dive in recent years !

Wow! On one thread you are wishing everybody a merry Xmas and on another you have a swipe.

Not sure why, in this season of good will.

Anyway, let's take a close look at this rant.

"This forum was good humoured and had some great characters who posted regularly , the majority of these people no longer post anything" - As somebody who has been posting regularly on this board since it started way back in the late 1990's the board has gone through many ups and downs in terms of being good humoured. It's a forum where people can express their opinions and others can disagree. Over the years, UTS has discussed many things both about Walsall (Merson, Colin Lee, Sir Ray etc.) as well as other great things like every general election, the identity of Wendy Mumford, the environment, etc. etc. People have come and gone but there are a lot who have stayed.

"the bores and know it alls seem to have taken control (a bit like Britain today)" - Do you mean the Conservative Party (who last time I checked are in control of Britain)?

"Message to the Admins............put this site back out to the hard core fans who want the best for all things WFC and are willing to talk about it on a Saturday night after the games." - Isn't that what "All About Walsall" is about?

There is a place for politics, Anti semitism and far left fascism that certain posters on here embrace, these are the people who have seen this sites numbers nose dive in recent years ! I dont recall reading any posts that were anti-semitic. Also, what is "Far left fascism"? Do you mean communism? If so, I don't recall reading anything that edges towards that, apart from perhaps SJ. I notice you don't mention far right views, racism etc. Or perhaps you forgot?

Ultimately, the board is still thriving and there are quite a few original posters still around. Healthy debate is good for the soul and you have to look at both sides of the argument to make a judgement. Sometimes, people may not like what they read and may not like to found out for being wrong. But it is all good healthy stuff.

Also, after a Walsall match, you can discuss the game, whether the manager should be sacked etc. but also chat about other things - why just limit it to Walsall? That's what this forum is for. You don't have to join in if you don't want to. As a hard-core Walsall fan I am a bit confused. This whole site is great for me as a Mancunian because I mostly have to deal with other fans, United, City, Bury, Oldham, Blackburn, WIgan and the like. This site has always been a great place to find out the vibe in Walsall as far as the footy is concerned,

I'm not really sure what you are getting at, to be honest. I actually took a 6 month break from the board myself this year - was there something that happened during that period that I missed that may have caused this rant?

There is nothing wrong in my opinion. But that is just my opinion.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 pm

What size posters are talking about here? A3 ? Bill board size? This is important details we need here.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Also, can we arrange a safe space on UTS somewhere for Pinnacle?

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:26 pm

I used to know his brother , Bill. Always in court, he was.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:41 pm

shrewsbury saddler wrote:I used to know his brother , Bill. Always in court, he was.

Dunno why. There were enough warnings telling him he would be prosecuted.

Eccentric_Viewer

Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 am

He also had an Uncle Rip, who was noted for his witty retorts. Sort of.

cookyskid
UTS Regular

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:36 pm

I used to know 'im. But then again it could have been somebody else.

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:47 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:I have decided after an absence of 18 months or so to log back in and see if anything or anyone has changed since my last visit, to my dismay it sadly has not. This forum was good humoured and had some great characters who posted regularly , the majority of these people no longer post anything and the bores and know it alls seem to have taken control (a bit like Britain today). Message to the Admins............put this site back out to the hard core fans who want the best for all things WFC and are willing to talk about it on a Saturday night after the games. The wannabee politicians can ply there trade on anyone of the myriad of web sites out there and will always find things to argue about with people who are as ignorant as they are. Get rid of them and lets get back to talking about the club we all love.

Wow! On one thread you are wishing everybody a merry Xmas and on another you have a swipe.

Not sure why, in this season of good will.

Anyway, let's take a close look at this rant.

"This forum was good humoured and had some great characters who posted regularly , the majority of these people no longer post anything" - As somebody who has been posting regularly on this board since it started way back in the late 1990's the board has gone through many ups and downs in terms of being good humoured. It's a forum where people can express their opinions and others can disagree. Over the years, UTS has discussed many things both about Walsall (Merson, Colin Lee, Sir Ray etc.) as well as other great things like every general election, the identity of Wendy Mumford, the environment, etc. etc. People have come and gone but there are a lot who have stayed.

"the bores and know it alls seem to have taken control (a bit like Britain today)" - Do you mean the Conservative Party (who last time I checked are in control of Britain)?

"Message to the Admins............put this site back out to the hard core fans who want the best for all things WFC and are willing to talk about it on a Saturday night after the games." - Isn't that what "All About Walsall" is about?

There is a place for politics, Anti semitism and far left fascism that certain posters on here embrace, these are the people who have seen this sites numbers nose dive in recent years ! I dont recall reading any posts that were anti-semitic. Also, what is "Far left fascism"? Do you mean communism? If so, I don't recall reading anything that edges towards that, apart from perhaps SJ. I notice you don't mention far right views, racism etc. Or perhaps you forgot?

Ultimately, the board is still thriving and there are quite a few original posters still around. Healthy debate is good for the soul and you have to look at both sides of the argument to make a judgement. Sometimes, people may not like what they read and may not like to found out for being wrong. But it is all good healthy stuff.

Also, after a Walsall match, you can discuss the game, whether the manager should be sacked etc. but also chat about other things - why just limit it to Walsall? That's what this forum is for. You don't have to join in if you don't want to. As a hard-core Walsall fan I am a bit confused. This whole site is great for me as a Mancunian because I mostly have to deal with other fans, United, City, Bury, Oldham, Blackburn, WIgan and the like. This site has always been a great place to find out the vibe in Walsall as far as the footy is concerned,

I'm not really sure what you are getting at, to be honest. I actually took a 6 month break from the board myself this year - was there something that happened during that period that I missed that may have caused this rant?

There is nothing wrong in my opinion. But that is just my opinion.

Far Left Facism are known as ANTIFA, Masked scum and cowards !

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:59 pm

Saigon, Exile & Manc seem to oppose my views..........................need i say more?

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Hello, someone's had a drink. :wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:57 pm

So what exactly are you accusing myself, Saigon and Exile of, Pinnacle?

Whether you have had a drink or not, I would like you to clarify your stance.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:So what exactly are you accusing myself, Saigon and Exile of, Pinnacle?

There was that weekend in Butlins ... maybe he's found out about that! :D

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:03 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:So what exactly are you accusing myself, Saigon and Exile of, Pinnacle?

He was there, I think. Don't you remember?

:D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:07 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

He was there, I think. Don't you remember?

Don't recall much after the ketamine. Just have to go on the photos. :mrgreen:

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:34 pm

2 of the 3 have responded (the 3rd is in NZ so probably not awake yet) with the usual barbed comments and put downs. You are the 3 that are destroying this site with your holier than attitude and know it all opinions, not bad for saddlers that never go to any matches. Like i said in my original post, keep your politics and beliefs to someone who will listen to the bile that you preach. I am sure that 68% of the town of the football club that you follow (note that i didn't say support) will disagree with your views so i suggest you ply your trade elsewhere. Pull your masks up, protest about everything that doesn't actually suit your lifestyle and to hell with democracy and anything that slightly gets in the way of your promised land. UTS.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:39 pm

This is already threatening to be one of the greatest threads of all time ...

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:35 pm

PINNACLE wrote:2 of the 3 have responded (the 3rd is in NZ so probably not awake yet) with the usual barbed comments and put downs. You are the 3 that are destroying this site with your holier than attitude and know it all opinions, not bad for saddlers that never go to any matches. Like i said in my original post, keep your politics and beliefs to someone who will listen to the bile that you preach. I am sure that 68% of the town of the football club that you follow (note that i didn't say support) will disagree with your views so i suggest you ply your trade elsewhere. Pull your masks up, protest about everything that doesn't actually suit your lifestyle and to hell with democracy and anything that slightly gets in the way of your promised land. UTS.

Okay - I'll bite.

It's quite clear, Pinnacle, who this thread was aimed at, especially given your conduct in the past. I don't want to resurrect old disagreements but I think you are overreacting. Here's what I have to say in my defence.

(1) I am not in ANTIFA. I have never worn a mask (apart from last night at a masked ball) and I am not a coward.

(2) I do not embrace anti-semitism.

(3) The term "Slightly Off Topic" means just that. If you don't like reading political threads, just don't.

(4) In this and past exchanges, it is clear that you disagree with me. In your eyes, this make me "holier than thou" and a "know it all". Clearly you have a problem with people who don't see things your way. That is your problem and yours alone. It is not going to stop me posting - or those who disagree with me. I have had some really good debates on here with lots who disagree with me and they keep coming back - just like me. It's a healthy thing to do. This section is not called "All About Pinnacle;s Beliefs".

(5) I have not said anything bad about you on this thread. There are no barbs here. However, in the past you have said some pretty nasty things about me and others, which , were I an Admin, would have had you banned. Nevertheless, you are still here - and at the moment I am okay with that. All I have done to offend you, as far as I can tell, is disagree with you, causing you to have a petulant strop. No doubt this post will have the same affect.

(6) As I said earlier, I have been posting on this site for almost 20 years - and in that time, I have shared banter and debate with a variety of posters, some who agree and some who disagree. You are the ONLY poster who seems to have it in for me, even going as far to try to get me banned. Why? I have no idea. This thread seems to be a roundabout way of trying to get me banned again - along with Exile and Saigon too.

I would suggest that you take a deep breath, relax and join in with the debate. I always welcome opposing views and I am quite happy exchanging those views in a civil way.

If you don't like it then simply don't get involved.

Simple as that.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:45 pm

PINNACLE wrote:Saigon, Exile & Manc seem to oppose my views..........................need i say more?

This is the off topic forum. There's two others above this on the index, clearly labelled 'All About Walsall' and 'Match Reports and Reactions'.

Clearly, off topic isn't Walsall-related. I've not 'opposed your views', simply pointed out that in your absence nothing substantial has changed, and that you might have forgotten the layout on UTS (we did move this forum down the pecking order to emphasise that this is a football club fan site first and foremost, and general discussion forum on the side.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:56 pm

Oh - and one other thing Pinnacle.

I am a Walsall fan through and through - and have been all of my life. I don't know what makes you think that I don't go to matches. Given that you don't know me that's quite a leap. Manchester is only 75 minutes from Walsall (when the M6 is playing nicely) and there are loads of local teams in league One near here (Rochdale, Oldham for example).

Please don't accuse me of something you know nothing about,

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:13 pm

I'd like to know more about my mask, but Pinnacle is almost certainly being sick into a toilet. :(

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:02 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:I'd like to know more about my mask, but Pinnacle is almost certainly being sick into a toilet. :(

Let's hope he's not wearing a mask if that's true.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:11 pm

Manchester and I disagree violently when it comes to politics, but we are great mates nevertheless, similarly with Saigon, we have had run-in's but at the end of it all we wish each other a happy XMas and new year, and would happily share a pint, anytime anywhere. Which is the way it should be, we are all Walsall supporters, and thus should remain friends.
THIS is what UTS is all about, healthy debate amongst friends, all of whom want the best for our beloved team.
Some believe, mostly those who don't know me or have not met me at matches (not that there are so many now!) that I may go over the top on occasions, but that is only because of my fanatical love of Walsall F.C.
The exclusion of 'Sound Out', was we hoped, the end of all vicious posts...like the forum rules say, "Be nice, Play fair"

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:Manchester and I disagree violently when it comes to politics, but we are great mates nevertheless, similarly with Saigon, we have had run-in's but at the end of it all we wish each other a happy XMas and new year, and would happily share a pint, anytime anywhere. Which is the way it should be, we are all Walsall supporters, and thus should remain friends.
THIS is what UTS is all about, healthy debate amongst friends, all of whom want the best for our beloved team.
Some believe, mostly those who don't know me or have not met me at matches (not that there are so many now!) that I may go over the top on occasions, but that is only because of my fanatical love of Walsall F.C.
The exclusion of 'Sound Out', was we hoped, the end of all vicious posts...like the forum rules say, "Be nice, Play fair"

Agreed AM. That was a great and very boozy night in the Kingdom of Mancunia.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:06 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:This is already threatening to be one of the greatest threads of all time ...

Most amused reading through this thread today, I'm detecting Wibble.

WE ARE THE 68% !!!

chunkster
Site Addict

Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:05 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:Manchester and I disagree violently when it comes to politics, but we are great mates nevertheless, similarly with Saigon, we have had run-in's but at the end of it all we wish each other a happy XMas and new year, and would happily share a pint, anytime anywhere. Which is the way it should be, we are all Walsall supporters, and thus should remain friends.
Well said buddy :wink: and i can confirm after attending the pub and a game with you, that you ARE passionate about the team and are all bark with a little bite :lol: :wink:

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:12 pm

chunkster wrote:
Well said buddy :wink: and i can confirm after attending the pub and a game with you, that you ARE passionate about the team and are all bark with a little bite :lol: :wink:

Cheers mate, twas a pleasure and an honour to meet you, and your lovely wife that day, you me & PT make a pretty terrifying threesome Eh? :D :D

I only bite when pubs don't have cider! :lol:

Return to General Chat & Prediction League