Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Donald Trump

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Donald Trump

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:12 pm

So what do we all think of the POTUS?

:D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Donald Trump

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:30 pm

An absolute arse. Some :lol: but many :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

His working visit to the U of K now 'postponed'. Hopefully indefinitely.

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:35 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:An absolute arse. Some :lol: but many :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Why ? And where is the U of K ?

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:57 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:An absolute arse. Some :lol: but many :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Do you have a source for assumptions ? Or are you just clutching at straws in the hope it is cancelled (bit like your views on Brexit) ?

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:10 pm

swampysaddler wrote:

Do you have a source for assumptions ? Or are you just clutching at straws in the hope it is cancelled (bit like your views on Brexit) ?

Begging your pardon, is the Telegraph satisfactory enough for you? Sorry for not responding earlier, I was googling ferry options for my exit (in tears) for my disgraceful and unpatriotic views on the EU and Brexit. Probably. :D

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/30/don ... eresa-may/

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:11 pm

PINNACLE wrote:

Why ? And where is the U of K ?

Welcome back Pinnacle. :D

Why not?

An offshore island near the U of S and A, I believe. :mrgreen:

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:16 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:

Begging your pardon, is the Telegraph satisfactory enough for you? Sorry for not responding earlier, I was googling ferry options for my exit (in tears) for my disgraceful and unpatriotic views on the EU and Brexit. Probably. :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11 ... eresa-may/

Well considering the Prime Minister herself has said the visit will NOT be cancelled I think I will take her views on the subject over a newspaper.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:22 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:

Well considering the Prime Minister herself has said the visit will NOT be cancelled I think I will take her views on the subject over a newspaper.

You didn't read it, and she can say what she likes, it's been postponed by US diplomats. FACT.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:38 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:

You didn't read it, and she can say what she likes, it's been postponed by US diplomats. FACT.

FACT doesn't make it true you know. Give us a source and then we might believe you but you just go on your own assumptions.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:02 am

The visit has been postponed by US diplomats. It's not a subjective issue, simply a matter of fact as relayed in the link. Take it up with the Telegraph if this irks or bewilders you for some reason.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:42 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:The visit has been postponed by US diplomats. It's not a subjective issue, simply a matter of fact as relayed in the link. Take it up with the Telegraph if this irks or bewilders you for some reason.

Well considering that would be headline news I can't find any trace of it here on the main news supplier in this country.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/us_and_canada

But lets not let facts get in the way of your assumptions eh.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:27 am

swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:The visit has been postponed by US diplomats. It's not a subjective issue, simply a matter of fact as relayed in the link. Take it up with the Telegraph if this irks or bewilders you for some reason.

Well considering that would be headline news I can't find any trace of it here on the main news supplier in this country.

But lets not let facts get in the way of your assumptions eh.

It's hardly mOssive news. But a simple search returned reports by the Telegraph and The New York Daily Post. You haven't been bothered to read the link, for some reason, so I'll summerise (again) :roll:

Trump's visit - planned for January has been cancelled by US Diplomats. There is no new date.

You seem to be itching for some kind of battle over this, dismally picking out some detail from my main point, which is - Trump is an arse.

Either way - *massive shrug* and not an assumption, as you would have realised, had you bothered to read. :|

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:24 pm

Nope still nothing on our main news source in this country.
I will stick to believing main stream news and the Prime Minister of this country than reading and believing newspaper (who make headlines up to sell their papers) .

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:50 pm

swampysaddler wrote:Nope still nothing on our main news source in this country.
I will stick to believing main stream news and the Prime Minister of this country than reading and believing newspaper (who make headlines up to sell their papers) .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Up to you. It's also on Fox News - make from that what you will.

Really don't see why you've such a massive bee in the bonnet over it.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:44 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:

No bee in any bonnet here.
You came on claiming Trumps visit is "postponed", when asked for evidence you just preach Fox news, Telegraph, New York Daily Post (whilst offering no links to these claims. At least I have displayed main stream news where there is NO mention of Trumps trip being postponed or cancelled) whilst offering no HARD evidence of your claims and assumptions.
Shown up to be just posting what you hope.
Reminds me of the Sheff episode, claiming to know who Wendy is but never actually proved the fact.
If you are going to post crap claiming something isn't going to happen at least back it up.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:52 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

You came on claiming Trumps visit is "postponed", when asked for evidence you just preach Fox news, Telegraph, New York Daily Post (whilst offering no links to these claims. At least I have displayed main stream news where there is NO mention of Trumps trip being postponed or cancelled) whilst offering no HARD evidence of your claims and assumptions.
Reminds me of the Sheff episode, claiming to know who Wendy is but never actually proved the fact.
If you are going to post crap claiming something isn't going to happen at least back it up.

Slow day in Swampy Towers or something?

I've posted a link in my first response, referring to it repeatedly and invited you to read it.

Stop trolling. Stop trying to manufacture arguments. Stop being a pain in the backside. Grow up.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:33 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Slow day in Swampy Towers or something?

I've posted a link in my first response, referring to it repeatedly and invited you to read it.

Stop trolling. Stop trying to manufacture arguments. Stop being a pain in the backside. Grow up.

Well back your absurd claims up with evidence instead of letting the bullshit leave your mind and being made to look like a complete idiot when your claims are proven to be just your assumptions. Knob.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:43 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Well back your absurd claims up with evidence instead of letting the bullshit leave your mind and being made to look like a complete idiot when your claims are proven to be just your assumptions. Knob.

Weird. Despite mounting incredulity, I'm actually intrigued by your bizarre thought process going on here and whether you are really that thick or simply embarked on an appalling trolling attempt.

There are unequivocal reports that the January visit of Trump to the UK has been cancelled by US diplomats. You choose not to believe this, for some reason and have asked for sources, which I've supplied at the first time of asking. :arrow:

This is the Telegraph again, quoted directly as you are too lazy to open the link, preferring abuse to disguise your apparent ignorance:

"US diplomats have dropped plans for Donald Trump to conduct a visit to Britain in January amid a war of words between the two countries’ leaders. The Telegraph can reveal that the trip has been pushed into the long grass, with no new date in the diary picked."

I have also referred to similar reports from: the New York Daily Post, Fox News - the go-to news service for Trump. A quick search also reveals similar headlines from The Express and The Independent. You are accurate in saying that Downing Street has said 'we know nothing about this', but that does not mean the visit is going ahead, especially as it has been cancelled by the US side. The BBC doesn't deem the story newsworthy enough to report, something which you've inaccurately assumed means it is, before going off on a trademark totally unwarranted and irrelevant mini tirade of childish abuse.

I hope that this is clear enough for you or shall I get the crayons? :?:

reedswood sadler
Glitterati

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:50 pm

Not bothered if it is true or not but have I missed something this is the first I have heard about coming in January, the official line is it was planned some time in the future no date given.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:28 pm

reedswood sadler wrote:Not bothered if it is true or not but have I missed something this is the first I have heard about coming in January, the official line is it was planned some time in the future no date given.

There had been protests and I was aware it had been downgraded from a full official state visit. I didn't know it was January either until reading the background. No idea as to why it's triggered so much ... interest with someone on here. :wink:

chunkster
Site Addict

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:10 pm

When he was made president i was elated, but after watching him over the months i now think he should be impeached, the guy has no idea what it takes to lead a community never mind a super power, i am proud of the diversity we have here in the uk and i think he has risked and abused the SPECIAL relationship we have built up over the decades get rid now America or you will regret it :|

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:55 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
reedswood sadler wrote:Not bothered if it is true or not but have I missed something this is the first I have heard about coming in January, the official line is it was planned some time in the future no date given.

There had been protests and I was aware it had been downgraded from a full official state visit. I didn't know it was January either until reading the background. No idea as to why it's triggered so much ... interest with someone on here. :wink:

Maybe this claim you made earlier in the thread might have something to do with it "His working visit to the U of K now 'postponed".
Which is obviously bullshit as Trump is visiting and why shouldn't he !
He retweeted something in hindsight he shouldn't have.
But I never saw you condemning the Liebour MP Naz Shah for her retweets.
Remember them " 'SHUT YOUR MOUTH' Corbyn ally shares message telling Rotherham sex abuse victims to be quiet ‘for the good of diversity’ just one of them.
Are you demanding that she should be hung, drawn and quartered ?

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:43 am

swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Maybe this claim you made earlier in the thread might have something to do with it "His working visit to the U of K now 'postponed".
Remember them " 'SHUT YOUR MOUTH' Corbyn ally shares message telling Rotherham sex abuse victims to be quiet ‘for the good of diversity’ just one of them.

What on earth are you whittering on about you absolute melon? :lol: :lol: :lol:

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:32 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

So you claim the visit is postponed and have been proven wrong and I am the melon.
To put it in laymans terms for you, you claim it is postponed due his re tweets (which is utter bollocks) and are frothing at the mouth with joy. When asked for proof of this bollocks your spouting you CANT provide any.
What's it like being made to look like a gobshite who has no proof to back up claims ?
As for bringing Naz Shah into it, all the snowflakes, like yourself, are calling for Trump to be impeached for the re tweets. Fine.
Were you calling for her to be sacked because of her re tweets ? Was you bollocks. Hypocrite.
Try reading the the Sunday Times today.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news ... -vx7fkd6hg
26th and 27th of Febuary. Working visit to coincide with the re-opening of the American Embassy.
So shove that in your pipe and smoke it.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:07 pm

Come on Swampy - there's no need to behave like that, lashing out at people who you disagree with. I can't believe you are quibbling about this. You're better than this.

If the visit is on, then, in my opinion, it should be cancelled. There are several obvious reasons for this; anybody can see that Trump is out of his depth and promoting hatred, not only in his own country but abroad too.

He is out of his depth. He contradicts himself almost on a daily basis. He ignores anything and anybody who point out what is wrong. He is disrespectful, sowing hatred and division and slowly undoing decades of good work in the west.

His behaviour is unconstitutional - even by US standards. He is criticised and condemned BY HIS OWN PARTY.

US shows are having a field day with his behaviour. I particularly like "Last Week Tonight" with John Oliver, who has managed to expose some of the more ridiculous aspects of his presidency.

Here's a taste - careful there are a couple of swear words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBj44yrf-R0

I think it is only a matter of time before he is impeached. It can't come soon enough. The current investigation into his campaign is getting closer and closer to him.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:21 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

So you claim the visit is postponed and have been proven wrong and I am the melon.
To put it in laymans terms for you, you claim it is postponed due his re tweets (which is utter bollocks) and are frothing at the mouth with joy. When asked for proof of this bollocks your spouting you CANT provide any.
What's it like being made to look like a gobshite who has no proof to back up claims ?
As for bringing Naz Shah into it, all the snowflakes, like yourself, are calling for Trump to be impeached for the re tweets. Fine.
Were you calling for her to be sacked because of her re tweets ? Was you bollocks. Hypocrite.
Try reading the the Sunday Times today.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news ... -vx7fkd6hg
26th and 27th of Febuary. Working visit to coincide with the re-opening of the American Embassy.
So shove that in your pipe and smoke it.

Oh look ... more laughable drivel from a very average Sound_out wannabe. :roll:

Go back and read the thread content. My information is from factual statements from various media sources and not 'tweets'. I haven't referred to tweets once. If fresh information is that the visit is now February, please explain how the Telegraph, one of several sources I referred to, is incorrect in stating the visit had been postponed in January. :?: :lol:

More goalposts moved by you than a Escape to Victory training session. The rest of the content is your usual incoherent bile.

MELON. Please move away from angry monging over something you've misunderstood and onto something more useful. :idea:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:26 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:Come on Swampy - there's no need to behave like that, lashing out at people who you disagree with. I can't believe you are quibbling about this. You're better than this.

He clearly hasn't read anything in the thread. I'm not certain whether this is pure ignorance or a wilful attempt at arsing about: Perhaps wounded after his magnificent showing in the Brexit thread. :oops: :oops: :oops:

UTS Legend

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:23 pm

Breitbart supports Saigon - though they also quote the Telegraph.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/12 ... -uk-visit/

The Times has a different story.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/flyi ... -vx7fkd6hg

IHTC.
Site Addict

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:09 pm

The left are pathetic hypocrites.

There have been far far worse leaders who have been given state visits so where were the protests and pathetic 'call to arm's ' from the likes of Owen 'snowflake' Jones?

I welcome the Donald (leader of the free world and democratically voted President) with open arms.

The more the left cry the more I laugh.
Last edited by IHTC. on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chunkster
Site Addict

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:39 pm

IHTC. wrote:The left are pathetic hypocrites.

There have been far far worse leaders who have been given state visits so where were the protests and pathetic 'call to arm's ' from the likes of Owen 'snowflake Owens?

I welcome the Donald (leader of the free world and democratically voted President) with open arms.

The more the left cry the more I laugh.

Fair point, i am sure we have heard that Hirohito and Akihito has visited, and with their track record on human rights? Saudi Arabia, Quatar Putin of Russia and China's Jinping :|

Next
Return to General Chat & Prediction League