Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Donald Trump

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
seventies_saddler
UTS Veteran

Re: Donald Trump

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:29 pm

[quote="IHTC."]

Could be worse, we could have a leader who has a touching crush with the IRA.

It is - we have a leader beholden to the political arm of the one time loyalist version - who are holding us all to ransom

IHTC.
Site Addict

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:47 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
IHTC. wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
IHTC. wrote:I am sure Labour have history of trying to get into bed with DUP so have no moral high ground to stand on

I can't remember them paying the DUP a billion pounds for support...

No magic money tree for our nurses but there is one for Northern Irish Unionists. Weird that.

I'm confused though, what exactly is it you are accusing Labour to be? A bunch of IRA sympathisers that secretly loved it when we got bombed or desperate to jump into bed with the Unionists? Because being both of those things doesn't really work.

Nice try.

It was under Brown when they tried to cosy up with the DUP, before the IRA loving Muppets got a strangle hold on the party.

Nice try at what? I'm just asking for you to clarify your accusations. So it is a straight choice between IRA sympathisers and unionist (Backed by terror groups) funders at the next General Election. Cool.

I don't see what relevance your dig at Brown was though considering he's now out of the picture and like I said, never offered them a billion pounds for votes. I was talking about current parties and politicians.

I did not have a dig at Brown, I just stated a fact that Brown/labour were prepared to pay a price to jump into bed with the DUP.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:53 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
IHTC. wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
IHTC. wrote:I am sure Labour have history of trying to get into bed with DUP so have no moral high ground to stand on

No magic money tree for our nurses but there is one for Northern Irish Unionists. Weird that.

I'm confused though, what exactly is it you are accusing Labour to be? A bunch of IRA sympathisers that secretly loved it when we got bombed or desperate to jump into bed with the Unionists? Because being both of those things doesn't really work.

Nice try.

It was under Brown when they tried to cosy up with the DUP, before the IRA loving Muppets got a strangle hold on the party.

Nice try at what? I'm just asking for you to clarify your accusations. So it is a straight choice between IRA sympathisers and unionist (Backed by terror groups) funders at the next General Election. Cool.

I don't see what relevance your dig at Brown was though considering he's now out of the picture and like I said, never offered them a billion pounds for votes. I was talking about current parties and politicians.

I didn't not have a dig at Brown, I just stated a fact that they tried to get into bed with the DUP back then and if that had worked and cost them a billion then because it was Labour it would have been Ok, hypocrisy.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:04 pm

IHTC. wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
IHTC. wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:

Nice try.

I didn't not have a dig at Brown, I just stated a fact that they tried to get into bed with the DUP back then and if that had worked and cost them a billion then because it was Labour it would have been Ok, hypocrisy.

Wait so you are hypothetically creating a scenario and then using that to prove hypocrisy? There's a big if in that sentence and it also assumes everything would be "ok".

Or maybe Labour bulked at the Billion pound dear Tharesa was only too happy to hand over?

Also I'm confused that if it wasn't a dig at Brown/Labour why you'd even bring it up in the first place.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:12 pm

Because you were trying to say that I said that labour on one hand wanted to cosy with the Unionist and on the other were Republican sympathisers, so I just pointed out that that was not the case because they were from 2 separate era's of the Labour party.

That was the 'nice try' bit.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:18 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:The irony is, of course, that elements of America did support the IRA with funding during the height of the troubles, undermining attempts at a solution.

Those Armalite rifles were certainly not a gift from a revolutionary leprechaun.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:25 pm

IHTC. wrote:Because you were trying to say that I said that labour on one hand wanted to cosy with the Unionist and on the other were Republican sympathisers, so I just pointed out that that was not the case because they were from 2 separate era's of the Labour party.

That was the 'nice try' bit.

I mean "trying to say" is a stretch. I asked you a fair question. You answered it. I'm just not sure of it's relevance now considering it had nothing to do with the current administration as you say. And, as I keep pointing out and you keep conveniently ignoring, a deal wasn't made anyway, like it was with the torries. You made up some strange hypothetical about it being "ok" (Ok for who? Labour? The general public? The newspapers?) for Labour to hand over a billion but not the torries who actually did then used that to claim hypocrisy.

seventies_saddler
UTS Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:35 pm

The difference is that Corbyn and co had a few cosy chats with the republicans decades ago, Brown thought about but rejected the idea of getting him to help him stay in power 7 years ago - the Maybot and co have recently given £ millions to the loyalists to allow them to cling to power despite losing their majority in parliament. And now and given a handful of DUP MPs the casting vote on the Brexit negotiations based on their own narrow interests. Hardly comparable!!

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:38 pm

IHTC. wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:
IHTC. wrote:Cue the biting snowflakes.

Ah! I see. So when you criticise a leader, you are not a "snowflake" but when somebody else does, they become one.

Well that's really interesting.

How about contributing something intelligent to the debate? Can you do that or do you prefer just to show your ignorance?

What leader have I criticised? If you mean Corbyn all he leads is a bunch of hypocritical, cry baby snowflakes.

Granted he is good at rallies (that's what he does) but his economic policies are a joke considering he praises how well countries like Venezuala are doing. He has McDonnell as Chancellor who would by his own admittance put a run on the pound and has no clue at all about how much it would cost to bring back public ownership of rail etc

Then you have the anti English pair of Thornberry and Abbott :lol:

I kind of hope Labour win the next GEl because the dumbasse snowflakes will get what they deserve.

Are you for real? Last time I checked Jeremy Corbyn was leader of the opposition and could indeed become leader of our country. Whether you like this or not it could happen. The Tories are crumbling before our eyes.

By the way it seems that it is okay for you to criticise who you like but the moment somebody does the same to somebody like Trump, the petty name-calling starts. That isn't clever; in fact all it does is make your points largely irrelevant. I'm sure that if you found yourself discussing this in reality on a TV debate show, your technique would largely be ridiculed. Picture yourself on Question Time for example. Wouldn't it be hilarious for you to call half the audience "Snowflakes"?

My how they would marvel at your debating techniques.

"Wow - he called them Snowflakes! End of argument! What a guy!!" I can picture it now - plus the shaking of collective heads.

People will have more respect if your points are pertinent. So far they aren't. All people see are the insults.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:49 pm

IHTC. wrote:

Ah! I see. So when you criticise a leader, you are not a "snowflake" but when somebody else does, they become one.

How about contributing something intelligent to the debate? Can you do that or do you prefer just to show your ignorance?

What leader have I criticised? If you mean Corbyn all he leads is a bunch of hypocritical, cry baby snowflakes.

Granted he is good at rallies (that's what he does) but his economic policies are a joke considering he praises how well countries like Venezuala are doing. He has McDonnell as Chancellor who would by his own admittance put a run on the pound and has no clue at all about how much it would cost to bring back public ownership of rail etc

I kind of hope Labour win the next GEl because the dumbasse snowflakes will get what they deserve.

Are you for real? Last time I checked Jeremy Corbyn was leader of the opposition and could indeed become leader of our country. Whether you like this or not it could happen. The Tories are crumbling before our eyes.

By the way it seems that it is okay for you to criticise who you like but the moment somebody does the same to somebody like Trump, the petty name-calling starts. That isn't clever; in fact all it does is make your points largely irrelevant. I'm sure that if you found yourself discussing this in reality on a TV debate show, your technique would largely be ridiculed. Picture yourself on Question Time for example. Wouldn't it be hilarious for you to call half the audience "Snowflakes"?

"Wow - he called them Snowflakes! End of argument! What a guy!!" I can picture it now - plus the shaking of collective heads.

People will have more respect if your points are pertinent. So far they aren't. All people see are the insults.

I never criticised anyone for having a dig at trump, all I said was tgat it could be worse, but you can bend the truth I don't care and I don't cry about it like the snowflakes do.

Btw if being called a snowflake bothers you that much then I suggest you are snowflake and should get a back bone.

'Drops Mike, walks away smiling'

Suck it up buttercup xx

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:10 pm

IHTC. wrote:
IHTC. wrote:

I never criticised anyone for having a dig at trump, all I said was tgat it could be worse, but you can bend the truth I don't care and I don't cry about it like the snowflakes do.

Btw if being called a snowflake bothers you that much then I suggest you are snowflake and should get a back bone.

Suck it up buttercup xx

Haha well that's the cringiest rubbish I've read all day. Thank you for that.

'Puts phone down, scratches arse, goes back to watching the TV'

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:11 pm

IHTC. wrote:I never criticised anyone for having a dig at trump, all I said was tgat it could be worse, but you can bend the truth I don't care and I don't cry about it like the snowflakes do.

Suck it up buttercup xx

:?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of the most absurd submissions I've seen on here in a long, long time.

*Drops mike and exits, stage left, after slamming door and mincing off into the sunset*

It's a if you're living out some bizarre soap opera conversation. :?

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:16 pm

IHTC. wrote:I never criticised anyone for having a dig at trump, all I said was tgat it could be worse, but you can bend the truth I don't care and I don't cry about it like the snowflakes do.

Suck it up buttercup xx

Well it looks like I don't need to add any more to that.

Come back when you've grown up a little.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:17 pm

Oh no, I Must be turning into a snowflake as I wont sleep tonight now wondering what you guys think.

Give yourselves a congratulatory pat on the back, not too hard mind as you snowflakes are abit fragile xx

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:20 pm

IHTC. wrote:Oh no, I Must be turning into a snowflake as I wont sleep tonight now wondering what you guys think.

Give yourselves a congratulatory pat on the back, not too hard mind as you snowflakes are abit fragile xx

How much snow would a snowflake flake if a snowflake could flake snow?

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:33 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
IHTC. wrote:Oh no, I Must be turning into a snowflake as I wont sleep tonight now wondering what you guys think.

How much snow would a snowflake flake if a snowflake could flake snow?

Dunno, but I'm sure we'll find out on Corry or Eastenders tonight ... :wink:

Previous
Return to General Chat & Prediction League