Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Budget

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Budget

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:52 am

reedswood sadler wrote:This should read London and the south not nation tell people and places we never had it so good you know the ones already living in poverty , using food banks with no jobs because industries have closed down or moved to europe before the vote. What benifits has the EU given them or our MPS who think the country ends at Watford. How can it get any worse when you have nothing.
The real panic is that it is going to hit bankers, stockbrokers etc , they may have to give up one of their Bentlys or Jags.
This is why many voted not on the EU but to say what about us .This was was all caused by the greedy few who will now feel a bit of the pain the majority feel.
Rant over.

I actually agree with much of that, except the EU was a genuine force for regional equality as it invested resources into improving run-down areas across Europe. Wales in particular was a significant beneficiary, along with many inner city areas across northern Britain.

The regional divide became much more pronounced during the reign of the evil witch of Grantham Town, and was largely ignored by successive governments. So, we've collectively dispensed with the one thing that was improving our lot in a seething wave of flag-waving ignorance, dishonest bus strap-lines and a general eff off to Cameron and Westminster.

I think you're right in that some people voted for change, as their perception was that it couldn't be worse. Unfortunately it can and it will be worse. London and the south-east will be fine. The regions are going to get it good and proper though. Not sure if many London libraries will close. Walsall? Where's dat?

reedswood sadler
Glitterati

Re: Budget

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:18 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:Apologies for sounding patronising - I didn't mean that. It just frustrates me sometimes that certain people don't seem to know all of the facts.

Given the working people are currently struggling and using food banks, I can only see Brexit making that worse.

The rich will be affected too - they just won't care because they are loaded.

Tough times to come.

Even though I voted leave I share your frustration and agree with your points.
The problem is where do you get the facts and which do you believe, for every "expert" and fact supporting the remainers there are "experts" and facts saying the opposite and backing leavers.
I agree at the moment it looks like it is going to be real bad but it could change who knows I cannot see the future.
Brexit is like wactching Walsall hoping for the best and fearing the worst.

Previous
Return to General Chat & Prediction League