Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

UTS Film sofa

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
derbysaddler
Site Addict

UTS Film sofa

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Following on from Manchester's post.

I've recently made efforts to start watching films again and view them at the cinema after not finding time for ages or ending up trying to keep up with the tsunami of TV series that get released. I found its easier to just watch a film rather than try to commit to a series with 2 odd episodes a season.

Anyone got any recent recommendations or films to avoid? unleash your Inner Barry Norman.

Last visit to the cinema for me was to see Blade Runner 2049, and I loved it. The visual and sound/sound score design was excellent in my view and I really like the world they created in the new film, it has become a even more darker and desperate place. Yes the film is a bit indulgent with its long running time but personally I was happy with that.

Also just recently watched the Nice Guys (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3799694/) .Its pretty decent actually, quite funny and its got some wonderfully vile 70's fashion on display.

Exile
Jobsworth

Re: UTS Film sofa

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:33 am

I never go to the flicks. Know a bloke who does five films a day at weekends, so I can always ask him!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:37 am

There is only one truly great film, one film to rule them all ...

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:24 am

The new Thor film is pretty good.

:D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:50 am

More awesome music from the greatest film of all time.

chunkster
Site Addict

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:52 am

Watched I Daniel Blake the other day, typical Ken Loach sentement about the state of Britain on the dole,, but excellent performances from the actors, well worth a watch. Also watched rogue one the star wars spin off yesterday, fantastic battle scenes at the end which nicely leads to the very first star wars movie, well i think it does??? they have made that many out of sequence i forget :mrgreen: I would give jeepers creepers 111 a miss unless you are a diehard fan. War for the planet of the apes was fantastic, probably the best ending to a trilogy of films ever :D

Return to General Chat & Prediction League