Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Boring

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
tinned
Site Addict

Re: Boring

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:01 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
tinned wrote:I can't believe people really believe Europe would be happy for us to continue vetoing their grand plan for evermore.

Why would they have any say? Agreements, like we are finding out to the tune of 50 billion pounds, are there to be adhered to.

Yeah, and they would sit by and let us continually scupper their ultimate aim without comment or action. :roll:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:26 pm

tinned wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
tinned wrote:I can't believe people really believe Europe would be happy for us to continue vetoing their grand plan for evermore.

Why would they have any say? Agreements, like we are finding out to the tune of 50 billion pounds, are there to be adhered to.

Yeah, and they would sit by and let us continually scupper their ultimate aim without comment or action. :roll:

So, just to clarify, the 512 million EU citizens, all having the same 'plan' and speaking with one voice, would have eventually forced Britain to comply with their overall aim of closer EU ties by commenting or 'action'. Physical action, or just shipping over straight bananas? :wink:

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:39 pm

tinned wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:

Clearly agreements aren't made to be adhered too... :roll:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:55 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
tinned wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:

So, just to clarify, the 512 million EU citizens, all having the same 'plan' and speaking with one voice, would have eventually forced Britain to comply with their overall aim of closer EU ties by commenting or 'action'. Physical action, or just shipping over straight bananas? :wink:

I'm trying to be positive and harmonious about this but some of the views I have read are laughable.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:I'm trying to be positive and harmonious about this but some of the views I have read are laughable.

Laughable to you because they are different to yours ?
Not everyone is a EU lapdog like yourself.
The only laughable one is you, can't accept people have a difference of opinion to yourself so their views are laughable.
I have said it before till I am blue in the face and will say it again :
If all you EU loving remainers are so in love with being dictated to by alcy's in Brussels fine. You know where Dover is. If you hurry you might make a ferry tonight.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:37 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:I'm trying to be positive and harmonious about this but some of the views I have read are laughable.

The only laughable one is you, can't accept people have a difference of opinion to yourself so their views are laughable.
If all you EU loving remainers are so in love with being dictated to by alcy's in Brussels fine. You know where Dover is. If you hurry you might make a ferry tonight.

HAHAHA "I HAVE NO ARGUMENT TO THE FAIR POINTS YOU RAISE SO GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY!!!!"

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:29 pm

swampysaddler wrote:

There's no need for that, Swampy.

I could retaliate but I won't. All I will say is that the EU has given the UK a great deal and that the Brexit brigade are either unaware of it or choose to ignore it.

And, like I have said before, your use of terms like "alcys" seems to me at least to be a desperate attempt to justify something that it is totally untrue. As I have said before, it is easy to use terms like that on our own government, peers etc - even the Royal Family. So again, an irrelevant and baseless insult.

Lashing out like this, instead of opening your mind is something you ought to reconsider, Swampy.

Have you ever considered the possibility that you are wrong?

For my part, I have tried to take on board what might be good about Brexit, and I have spoken to a lot of Brexiteers in my quest. There is nothing.

I have asked repeatedly on this board.

Nothing again.

If you were looking for Remainers to "accept" the decision, surely you would want to tell us why. We have given our side of the argument on numerous occasions.

Not one thing have we got in return to convince us that we are wrong.

Am I wrong, Swampy?

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:21 pm

swampysaddler wrote:I have said it before till I am blue in the face and will say it again :

:shock: :lol: :lol:

What happened to 'that's democracy folks ...' :?:

Or is that just something to say rather than to think about it's meaning?

Ridiculous.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:09 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:I have said it before till I am blue in the face and will say it again :

Ridiculous.

No no Saigon, (this isn't directed just at Swampy but everybody who uses the following terms) you don't get it:

If you are a leaver then you are a patriot. Standing up for this Great country that absolutely flies in the face of red tape, or something. Whats more, how dare anybody make you out to be xenophobic for holding these views, for wanting the best for this country. They knew exactly what they were voting for and are still definitely going to get it, no matter how long it is being delayed. This is a free country and people can say whatever they feel ... except for if you are one of the lefty snowflake remoaners that go out hugging immigrants on a weekend and make up horrible stories about the effects so far. They are the reason Brexit might not work because they are being so stubborn with their "views".

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:11 pm

swampysaddler wrote:

Congratulations on winning a steaming pile of dog's droppings, by the way. I'm sure you prefer the braying toffs in the unelected House of Lords dictating what you can do rather than the democratically elected EU parliament, especially when they start passing restrictive legislation on workers rights, freedom of speech, human rights and your access to healthcare free at point of use, because that's what's coming in May's low-tax future vision of Britain alone.

yoda
Site Addict

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:17 pm

This totally says to me 'calm and thoughtful individual that has complete confidence in his meticulously researched viewpoint.'

UTS Legend

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:06 pm

yoda wrote:

This totally says to me 'calm and thoughtful individual that has complete confidence in his meticulously researched viewpoint.'

:D

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:16 am

Exile wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:

Congratulations on winning a steaming pile of dog's droppings, by the way. I'm sure you prefer the braying toffs in the unelected House of Lords dictating what you can do rather than the democratically elected EU parliament, especially when they start passing restrictive legislation on workers rights, freedom of speech, human rights and your access to healthcare free at point of use, because that's what's coming in May's low-tax future vision of Britain alone.

They actually bray a lot less in the Lords than in the Commons. Not that it makes me a supporter of the unelected chamber, especially one with bishops in it. Last time I looked, that bastion of liberal democracy, Iran was the only other country to have unelected clerics in its legislature.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:39 am

El_Nombre wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Ridiculous.

No no Saigon, (this isn't directed just at Swampy but everybody who uses the following terms) you don't get it:

If you are a leaver then you are a patriot. Standing up for this Great country that absolutely flies in the face of red tape, or something. Whats more, how dare anybody make you out to be xenophobic for holding these views, for wanting the best for this country. They knew exactly what they were voting for and are still definitely going to get it, no matter how long it is being delayed. This is a free country and people can say whatever they feel ... except for if you are one of the lefty snowflake remoaners that go out hugging immigrants on a weekend and make up horrible stories about the effects so far. They are the reason Brexit might not work because they are being so stubborn with their "views".

Sounds about right. I think the same is true for wanting to get shot of the monarchy, which I do.
Out come the flags and jingoistic rhetoric about 'wonderful people' and looking after buildings etc. :roll:

Absolute bobbins.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:03 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Ridiculous.

Sounds about right. I think the same is true for wanting to get shot of the monarchy, which I do.
Out come the flags and jingoistic rhetoric about 'wonderful people' and looking after buildings etc. :roll:

Absolute bobbins.

I mean, I personally have no problem with them in that big white house, but I certainly won't be making up any pathetic nicknames because you disagree with me. Some seem to revel in that.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:04 am

Britain in yet more "We want to leave the EU but keep all the benefits" shocker:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 82081.html

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:20 pm

El_Nombre wrote:Britain in yet more "We want to leave the EU but keep all the benefits" shocker:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 82081.html

And once more there will be OUTRAGE from Brexiteers who don't realise that this was a benefit.

Yet more evidence of why Brexit is a disaster for us.

Wragbyred
Glitterati

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:08 pm

Until it was raised on this thread I'd never heard of Europol, it has no connection to Interpol, which I have heard of and is not affected.
It seems to be an intelligence sharing agency of all countries in the EU, if we are no longer in the EU why would we need to be part of it?
Yes, another "benefit" we are losing

I wonder if they will replace the current Director?

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:11 pm

Wragbyred wrote:Until it was raised on this thread I'd never heard of Europol, it has no connection to Interpol, which I have heard of and is not affected.
It seems to be an intelligence sharing agency of all countries in the EU, if we are no longer in the EU why would we need to be part of it?

Haha yes, having access too and sharing sercurity records with the rest of Europe is not a benefit. Weird that our politicians seem to be keen to remain a part of it considering that though.

Isn’t this intelligence exactly whatever everybody is raving about whenever one of the awful terror attacks happen? That we need to improve intelligence and need to work better with other countries to try to prevent them? Oh but you’ve never heard of these people so it must be rubbish.

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:22 pm

A thread titled BORING by Manc.............you couldn't make it up, really :lol:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:06 pm

PINNACLE wrote:A thread titled BORING by Manc.............you couldn't make it up, really :lol:

Interesting ... - a boring thread that's reached 7 pages so far...

Cully already tried to make that particular puerile "joke", so you're way behind.

Care to join the debate, Pinnacle?

I'm still waiting for a Brexiteer to tell me a positive aspect of the chaos we are starting to go through.

Care to offer your thoughts?
Last edited by Manchester Saddler on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:12 pm

Wragbyred wrote:Until it was raised on this thread I'd never heard of Europol, it has no connection to Interpol, which I have heard of and is not affected.

Given the upsurge of terrorist attacks recently, I would have thought that we most definitely WOULD want to be part of it.

Any reason why we wouldn't?

And as for it being something you have never heard of, perhaps that proves that all of the facts weren't available or mentioned when we actually voted on this.

Wragbyred
Glitterati

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:20 pm

El_Nombre wrote:

Haha yes, having access too and sharing sercurity records with the rest of Europe is not a benefit. Weird that our politicians seem to be keen to remain a part of it considering that though.

Isn’t this intelligence exactly whatever everybody is raving about whenever one of the awful terror attacks happen? That we need to improve intelligence and need to work better with other countries to try to prevent them? Oh but you’ve never heard of these people so it must be rubbish.

Obviously you had heard of Europol prior to this article nombre?
A body that was initiated by the EU for the sole use of the EU, a body that has been in existence for less than 20 years, will be greatly missed.
Regarding Intelligence, never heard of GCHQ?, do you truly believe we won't be sharing information after March 2019?

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:25 pm

I believe that the amount of information we share with the EU will be less. Given the current climate, we rely on intelligence more and more and I am sure that they will still share such intelligence with us - except we will no longer be their priority and as such we won't be as privileged as we are now.

Do you honestly think this is a good thing?

Really?

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:52 am

Wragbyred wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:

Obviously you had heard of Europol prior to this article nombre?
A body that was initiated by the EU for the sole use of the EU, a body that has been in existence for less than 20 years, will be greatly missed.
Regarding Intelligence, never heard of GCHQ?, do you truly believe we won't be sharing information after March 2019?

Nope not at all. But I won’t readily dismiss something as useless just because I personally haven’t heard of it.

I believe it will be reduced. Obviously. Read the article. Surely we need all the info we can get not just some of it?

PT
Site Addict

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:12 pm

Apparently David Davis is threatening to resign if Damien Green's alleged right to barclays at work is deemed sackable.

Who said the Tories weren't principled?

In other news, Farage et al seem to have achieved what the IRA never could in that Dublin now has Britain by the bollocks.

It's all going to plan. Don't panic.

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:13 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:I believe that the amount of information we share with the EU will be less. Given the current climate, we rely on intelligence more and more and I am sure that they will still share such intelligence with us - except we will no longer be their priority and as such we won't be as privileged as we are now.

Really?

Surely in this case they need us as much as we need them.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:28 am

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:I believe that the amount of information we share with the EU will be less. Given the current climate, we rely on intelligence more and more and I am sure that they will still share such intelligence with us - except we will no longer be their priority and as such we won't be as privileged as we are now.

Really?

Surely in this case they need us as much as we need them.

I totally agree NSD. They do need us - but if you think about it, how can we be part of an EU organisation if we are not part of the EU?

It all comes back to us wanting to cherry pick what suits us and effectively being outraged when we can't get it. Leaving the EU means leaving the EU and all of its perks, organisations etc. etc. I don't blame them to be honest.

Ultimately this is why the whole thing is a mess and is bad for us. It's also bad for the EU too. But we can't have it both ways.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:39 pm

Hang on a minute, with leaving the EU does that mean we lose the talents of inspector clouseau and hercule poirot?

cack....im not sure Bergerac can cover this.

Wim doomed

Morty
Glitterati

Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:15 pm

And today we determine that the DUP hold all the cards with the Government/Brexit and wont back a deal that doesn't help them:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42217735

Another general election and/or Brexit referendum anyone?? :!: :?:

PreviousNext
Return to General Chat & Prediction League