Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

My learned friends - who knew?

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
Mike Vale
UTS Regular

My learned friends - who knew?

Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:22 am

From Thursday's Times we discover that the great legal brain that is Lord Justice Hickinbottom is a Saddlers fan and has pictures on his chambers walls to demonstrate it. I am a lawyer of much humbler stock but are there any more out there ?

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Re: My learned friends - who knew?

Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:50 am

Perhaps he represented Chunkster during his 'very naughty boy period'!

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:22 am

Yes I'd read that peice, bit dissapointed that I haven't seen him in the blue pop pot noodle stand though although it's hardly surprising considering I never go in there.

Could I possibly bring a legal action against Jon Whitney if, as I suspect, I have suffered an intentional infliction of emotional distress caused by his sarcastic waving after games? I believe his conduct was outrageous, his wave was reckless and intentional and finally I have suffered emotional stress from his actions.

I have a reliable character witness, Saigon saddler, who has also suffered the misuse of personal pronouns at the hands of this Whitney character and may also wish to bring an action.

:wink: :)

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:06 am

Cully wrote:Yes I'd read that peice, bit dissapointed that I haven't seen him in the blue pop pot noodle stand though although it's hardly surprising considering I never go in there.

Could I possibly bring a legal action against Jon Whitney if, as I suspect, I have suffered an intentional infliction of emotional distress caused by his sarcastic waving after games? I believe his conduct was outrageous, his wave was reckless and intentional and finally I have suffered emotional stress from his actions.

I have a reliable character witness, Saigon saddler, who has also suffered the misuse of personal pronouns at the hands of this Whitney character and may also wish to bring an action.

:wink: :)

Might I suggest a 'no win, no fee' class action?

Living overseas I form my opinion based entirely on third party input. I'd like to join your action just to prove myself right.

Mike Vale
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:16 am

Good to hear from you Gents. A class action it is to be adjourned if we win today. Would be good to see the Judge in Court with his Walsall shirt on !!!

chunkster
Site Addict

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:34 am

hullsaddler wrote:Perhaps he represented Chunkster during his 'very naughty boy period'!
:lol: no i couldn't afford him, like an idiot i represented myself :lol:

Return to General Chat & Prediction League