Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Ben Stokes

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
Over The Moon
UTS Veteran

Ben Stokes

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:53 pm

Looks like the England vice captain doesn't want to go to Australia for the Ashes, maybe he might be training with Rio Ferdinand :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41399632

tinned
Site Addict

Re: Ben Stokes

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 pm

Over The Moon wrote:Looks like the England vice captain doesn't want to go to Australia for the Ashes, maybe he might be training with Rio Ferdinand :D

Is anybody interested in the fringe stories of a minority sport?

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:22 pm

tinned wrote:
Over The Moon wrote:Looks like the England vice captain doesn't want to go to Australia for the Ashes, maybe he might be training with Rio Ferdinand :D

Judging by the press coverage, yes.

Wragbyred
Glitterati

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:33 am

I don't see what the problem is, he was just having a friendly chat with Marlon Samuels!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:40 pm

tinned wrote:

http://www.crown-green-bowls.co.uk/news.php

Utter, utter cack.

PT
Site Addict

Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:11 am

Be interesting to see what happens to Stokes.

If that was football fans, then regardless of what preceded it, that is jail time - absolutely no doubt.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:40 am

No chance of going to Aus now.... especially with the Harvey Price mimic

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Cheesebag wrote:No chance of going to Aus now.... especially with the Harvey Price mimic

This is where it grips my cack.
I am not condoning his mocking of a disabled teenager, he should be ashamed, but it seems it is sacrilegious to mock Harvey Price !
Mock anyone else disabled and it is just brushed off, mock Harvey and according to all the snowflakes you should be in the Tower of London.
Let's not forget Harvey is a disabled teenager thrust in to the public eye at every opportunity by his slapper mother (taking him on Loose Slappers knowing full well he has tourettes and can drop the "C" word at the drop of a hat is one occasion).

If Stokes doesn't go to Australia then we might as well mail the Urn to them now and save the travelling.
Punishment wise, yes discipline him IF found guilty of anything in a court of law (let's not forget he is on bail, innocent till proven guilty), strip him of vice-captaincy, big fine and some sort of probation period.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:13 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:No chance of going to Aus now.... especially with the Harvey Price mimic

I am not condoning his mocking of a disabled teenager, he should be ashamed, but it seems it is sacrilegious to mock Harvey Price !
Mock anyone else disabled and it is just brushed off, mock Harvey and according to all the snowflakes you should be in the Tower of London.
Let's not forget Harvey is a disabled teenager thrust in to the public eye at every opportunity by his slapper mother (taking him on Loose Slappers knowing full well he has tourettes and can drop the "C" word at the drop of a hat is one occasion).

If Stokes doesn't go to Australia then we might as well mail the Urn to them now and save the travelling.
Punishment wise, yes discipline him IF found guilty of anything in a court of law (let's not forget he is on bail, innocent till proven guilty), strip him of vice-captaincy, big fine and some sort of probation period.

I do feel sorry for the lad though, he can't help looking like Troy Deeney.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:49 pm

scott_powell wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:

I do feel sorry for the lad though, he can't help looking like Troy Deeney.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be careful, you will have Katie Price/Jordan/Slapper on tour after you.

chunkster
Site Addict

Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:48 pm

Just goes to show how times have changed :( a few hundred years ago with behaviour like that he would have pissed getting into Australia :lol:

Return to General Chat & Prediction League