Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Clarke Carlisle

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
tinned
Site Addict

Clarke Carlisle

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:54 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41280150

I hope he's found safely and get the help he needs.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Re: Clarke Carlisle

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:28 pm

Found safe and well in Liverpool.

I never really understood mental illness in regards to depression and suicidal thoughts. I always thought it was a very selfish thing to do but now I have complete empathy and understanding after going through something similar to the point where getting out of bed is the hardest thing in the world to do when the darkness of the curtains/ blinds offer you protection from the outside world.

Stay strong Clarke and whoever else it effects, please talk to someone.

Wragbyred
Glitterati

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Unless you go through it you will never know
Believe me the mind is a dark place at times

Hope he comes through it ok

ToeJoe Jnr
UTS Regular

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:06 am

I got to know Clarke over the last few years through our involvement with a mental health charity board as directors. He was a lovely guy, very humble and always had time for a chat. He had the tag as most 'intelligent footballer' and he was very astute, as were a couple of other footballers on the board.

Unfortunately like most people with mental health issues he has his demons that rear their head every now and again. I know Clarke has the tools to get through this and the support around him.

What is more pleasing to note is the well wishes here. Others would take the view of "pull yourself together", "what have you got to worry about you made your money as a footballer" due to lack of understanding around the issue. This is why people don't talk about their issues and go without help for longer than is necessary. It sent a weakness to seek help, that is strength.

I too hope Clarke is on the mend.

Return to General Chat & Prediction League