Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1: 2017-18 - Intro & Latest Table

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Prediction League 1: 2017-18 - Intro & Latest Table

Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:32 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:Updated table after Boxing Day games (week 24). Generally good scoring and the winning score was 4 points, achieved by those two good friends, Manchester Saddler and Saigon Saddler - well done you two!

No game week this coming weekend due to the FA Cup (there are 4 league one games but there has to be at least 6 to count as a game week!) but there will be some more updated tables from weeks 25 and 26 to keep an eye out for during this week. Week 26 will be Sat 13th Jan - see you then!

This was a great set of games for me and made me feel very pleased indeed. Finally 4th!

Exceedingly pleasing demonstration of power.

Morty
Glitterati

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:05 pm

looks like a 3 horse race to me!! :twisted:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:50 pm

Morty wrote:looks like a 3 horse race to me!! :twisted:

Nonsense! You still have a slight chance along with favourites Saddla, JJ and me. :wink:

Morty
Glitterati

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:19 am

:lol: :lol: :shock:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:02 am

Updated table after week 25 (29th and 30th Dec). Much worse scoring than Boxing Day games with some unexpected results again but the winning score was a very impressive 5 points by WSTFC - well done!

One more updated table to come from the New Years Day games which I'm sure will see some more movement for people!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:16 pm

No wonder WSTFC was so keen to get this one started!

Quite disappointed after this set as I rejected a Donny 2-0 scoreline in favour of first Blackburn and finally Posh.

However, it is from adversity that one becomes stronger and more resilient and the results of others were kind.

saddla
Site Addict

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:No wonder WSTFC was so keen to get this one started!

Quite disappointed after this set as I rejected a Donny 2-0 scoreline in favour of first Blackburn and finally Posh.

However, it is from adversity that one becomes stronger and more resilient and the results of others were kind.

There is a slight aberration in the table at the moment as it shows me to be 9 points behind the leader and even 1 point behind Saigon.
This will however be rectified in the coming weeks and I shall regain my destined position at No 1. :mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:02 pm

saddla wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:No wonder WSTFC was so keen to get this one started!

There is a slight aberration in the table at the moment as it shows me to be 9 points behind the leader and even 1 point behind Saigon.
This will however be rectified in the coming weeks and I shall regain my destined position at No 1. :mrgreen:

I think your destiny amounts battling it out with Welsh over the highly prized 5 and 6th positions, and I wish you both the very best of luck in that important quest.

:wink:

Mine lies in the short term with hunting down and despatching Swampy, then to mount an aggressive challenge on the summit of Mount Doom!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Last of the updated tables here, from New Year's Day! Generally good scoring and the winning score was 4 points, achieved by Exile, derbysaddler and me! Well done to the 3 of us! :D

There is a bit of a gap emerging between certain positions but we are only just over half way through the season so lots can happen - no-one can rest on their laurels!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Updated table after the weekend games. Mixed bag of scoring but the winning score was 4 points, by Welsh Saddler - well done!

This weekend's games (week 28) is up and running.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:21 am

Sake ... :?

Freakish results. :roll: :(

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:34 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:Sake ... :?

** snigger** :mrgreen:

Morty
Glitterati

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:16 am

Somebody say something!!? :mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:12 pm

Morty wrote:

YES, I just wanted to say, that everyone should work as a team and help each other! We can all be winners and stop this selfishness of getting more points! We should do away with positions and just all join hands across the finishing line. It would be a beautiful demonstration of humanity and togetherness!

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:36 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Morty wrote:

YES, I just wanted to say, that everyone should work as a team and help each other! We can all be winners and stop this selfishness of getting more points! We should do away with positions and just all join hands across the finishing line. It would be a beautiful demonstration of humanity and togetherness!

What do you mean? You are already partially doing this anyway, copying from everybody else.

:mrgreen:

chunkster
Site Addict

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:46 pm

I'm glad that i am just nestling on the edge and not in the limelight, there is to much back biting :mrgreen:

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:32 pm

chunkster wrote:I'm glad that i am just nestling on the edge and not in the limelight, there is to much back biting :mrgreen:

Shush!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:09 pm

3 points - can't argue with that. :D

Back on track and signs of some significant wobbling amongst some of the predictors.

Poised. With something to get my fangs into.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:59 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:3 points - can't argue with that. :D

Back on track and signs of some significant wobbling amongst some of the predictors.

1. In fairness though, I was posting from Taranaki base hospital HDU while visiting my father in law, who decided the best way to get a new car was to total his old one whilst driving it. I was distracted, so was he...

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:44 am

Same here ..... keep looking upwards, that's where you'll find me. :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:01 pm

Updated table from yesterday's games. Mixed scoring as a few unexpected results and the winning score was only 3 points, achieved by 6 predictors - Asps, derbysaddler, Morty, Saigon Saddler, Welshe Saddler and Donnington Saddler - well done to all!

Not much movement at the top and Morty is starting to do a Man City! Can anyone be a Liverpool and hold him back a bit?!!

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:38 am

is this video a preview of the meeting to be with uncle Jeff - who will be leopard spider

Morty
Glitterati

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:47 am

Jolly Johnny wrote:Updated table from yesterday's games. Mixed scoring as a few unexpected results and the winning score was only 3 points, achieved by 6 predictors - Asps, derbysaddler, Morty, Saigon Saddler, Welshe Saddler and Donnington Saddler - well done to all!

Not much movement at the top and Morty is starting to do a Man City! Can anyone be a Liverpool and hold him back a bit?!!

Still plenty of time to have a wobble! :(
but at least I've got that 1 week cushion now! :mrgreen:

chunkster
Site Addict

Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:13 am

Morty wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:Updated table from yesterday's games. Mixed scoring as a few unexpected results and the winning score was only 3 points, achieved by 6 predictors - Asps, derbysaddler, Morty, Saigon Saddler, Welshe Saddler and Donnington Saddler - well done to all!

i would screenshot it because Saigon is going to storm it :roll: :mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:13 pm

chunkster wrote:
Morty wrote:

i would screenshot it because Saigon is going to storm it :roll: :mrgreen:

:D

I like this.

It's sent from someone as yet unaware of my efficient liquidation of the hopes and dreams of posters too numerous to mention in the closing stages of multiple campaigns. What you need at this stage is belief, energy, passion, skill and belief. And I have all 6 in bucketloads. Probably shedloads.

I just needed some hope, and hope is kindled ...

Morty
Glitterati

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:52 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:It's sent from someone as yet unaware of my efficient liquidation of the hopes and dreams of posters too numerous to mention in the closing stages of multiple campaigns. What you need at this stage is belief, energy, passion, skill and belief. And I have all 6 in bucketloads. Probably shedloads.

However, the ability to add up seems to be something you're sadly lacking!! :lol:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:24 pm

Morty wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:It's sent from someone as yet unaware of my efficient liquidation of the hopes and dreams of posters too numerous to mention in the closing stages of multiple campaigns. What you need at this stage is belief, energy, passion, skill and belief. And I have all 6 in bucketloads. Probably shedloads.

However, the ability to add up seems to be something you're sadly lacking!! :lol:

:D :wink:

I think numbers are overrated and sometimes just get in the way.

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:48 pm

It appears you've stolen Whitney's training manual. Please return it so that he can read the 'Skills' chapter.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:01 pm

Exile wrote:

It appears you've stolen Whitney's training manual. Please return it so that he can read the 'Skills' chapter.

I would do, but I've left it all on the pitch, along with about 2 pints of blood. :D

#energy

saddla
Site Addict

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:30 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:

I would do, but I've left it all on the pitch, along with about 2 pints of blood. :D

#energy

Don't forget the teeth :lol:

PreviousNext
Return to General Chat & Prediction League