Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Why doesn't Tony Blair go **** himself?

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
tinned
Site Addict

Re: Why doesn't Tony Blair go **** himself?

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:25 pm

saddlerken wrote:Is there anything worse than that horrible home counties generic soft cockney accent?

Is it the Rugeley accent, Tone?

Cully
Site Addict

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:11 am

Morty wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:And if you do some research on the subject, something I suggest you do, I think you will find that the Jeremy Kyle brigade are mainly Brexiteers and did vote. They are also generally a lot older and more politically motivated with a high level of distrust of immigration and globalisation. I have had "discussions" with older family members who want life to be like it was in the 1950s and 1960s and find the prospect of having the ability to live and work in the EU as abhorrent as living next door to French people.

I'm not saying all older people are like that but when you look at the figures the majority of older people did vote Brexit. If only younger people (mainly Remainers) had turned out in the numbers they did to bring Theresa May down to earth,

For interest(!), the below is a piece of analysis done by/for the BBC on voting trends in the referendum (this is dated Feb 17 but there might be a more recent version somewhere)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38762034

In summary:-

◾The level of education had a higher correlation with the voting pattern than any other major demographic measure from the census
◾The age of voters was also important, with older electorates more likely to choose Leave
◾The combination of education, age and ethnicity accounts for the large majority of the variation in votes between different places

Unfortunately the analysis missed out one vital demographic amongst our population - the tattoo effect.
What is the matter with some people that they feel the need to acquire these ugly labels? I blame Jeremy Corbyn who has got a tattoo of Tony Blair on his arse.
I'm off to Aldi and Next in Stafford and shall report on the percentage of people with said markings on the visible portions of their bodies. Perhaps this information may give the Remainers some comfort.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:45 am

Saw this is the hot sauce aisle

Previous
Return to General Chat & Prediction League