Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Social media

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Social media

Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:02 pm

What is it? Do we need it? Should we get rid? Is anyone remotely interested in what all the twitter poster have to say? Dos it distract from productive thought? This post is too long already, must go and check my e mails....its been at least half an hour since I did.

Comment

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Re: Social media

Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:53 pm

I hate to break it to you but this website you've been using for years is social media...

scott_powell
Site Addict

Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:55 pm

Surrey Saddler wrote:What is it? Do we need it? Should we get rid? Is anyone remotely interested in what all the twitter poster have to say? Dos it distract from productive thought? This post is too long already, must go and check my e mails....its been at least half an hour since I did.

Comment

Rubbish attempt to be funny I reckon. Try again

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:22 pm

Social media played a big part in getting the youngsters out to vote in the last general election and I think it will only grow,

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:31 pm

Surrey Saddler is old enough and wise enough to know exactly what he is posting .... some people should learn to recognise sarcasm when they see it!! :mrgreen:

reedswood sadler
Glitterati

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:48 pm

We have always had social media it used to be called talking to each other.

I know I am an old fogey but I just do not get Facebook or Twitter how can you have 2000 friends and never met any of them, who wants to know what you are doing every minute of every day.

Funny side of facebook when I was at work one of our less eager workmates rang in sick with usual bad back but wife posted picture of them on beach abroad which the boss saw,he was not happy.

ShyTallKnight
Glitterati

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:56 am

Welsh_Saddler wrote:Surrey Saddler is old enough and wise enough to know exactly what he is posting .... some people should learn to recognise sarcasm when they see it!! :mrgreen:

Like Mo Farah's teeth - never the same twice :mrgreen:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:43 am

reedswood sadler wrote:We have always had social media it used to be called talking to each other.

I know I am an old fogey but I just do not get Facebook or Twitter how can you have 2000 friends and never met any of them, who wants to know what you are doing every minute of every day.

Funny side of facebook when I was at work one of our less eager workmates rang in sick with usual bad back but wife posted picture of them on beach abroad which the boss saw,he was not happy.

One of the benefits of social media is that it allows people to communicate and follow friends who happen to be far away. That's all I use it for.

I'm sure people aren't interested what I had for breakfast or how many times I go to the bog every day.

:D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:20 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:
reedswood sadler wrote:We have always had social media it used to be called talking to each other.

One of the benefits of social media is that it allows people to communicate and follow friends who happen to be far away. That's all I use it for.

I'm sure people aren't interested what I had for breakfast or how many times I go to the bog every day.

:D

And twice, immediately after I thought I'd just finished. And probably another one today. :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Fried chicken and mushrooms.

One. Fairly solid.

sj
Site Addict

Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:37 am

I lost my wife Val five years ago. Cully and Co I'm coming back. Surrey and Exile I love you boys, Saigon too. Blair needs to be criminalised and so does Geoff :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:33 am

sj wrote:I lost my wife Val five years ago. Cully and Co I'm coming back. Surrey and Exile I love you boys, Saigon too. Blair needs to be criminalised and so does Geoff :D

Long time no see. Welcome back sj. Sorry for your loss. :(

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:50 am

Exile wrote:
sj wrote:I lost my wife Val five years ago. Cully and Co I'm coming back. Surrey and Exile I love you boys, Saigon too. Blair needs to be criminalised and so does Geoff :D

Long time no see. Welcome back sj. Sorry for your loss. :(

Echoed ... sympathy sj - your contributions are always welcome.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:22 am

Very sorry to hear that SJ. :(

Welcome back - we "looney lefties" need to stem the tide of right-wing lunacy - starting with UTS.

:mrgreen: :D

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Very sorry to hear that, SJ. I know the two of you were devoted to each other..."two swans" you once said! Bad luck, mate.

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Sorry to hear your news sj, I feel for you.

I've had a couple instances of bad news over the last 18 months, but what can you do but breathe deeply, smile and crack on!

If you ever fancy a pint next season I'll happily meet you in the Saddlers Club. You're a strange one at times, but I always quite liked you :lol:

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:43 pm

Yep. Good to have you back, sj And sorry for your loss. You can become part of SOT's revival after it was nearly trolled out of existence.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:19 pm

shrewsbury saddler wrote:Yep. Good to have you back, sj And sorry for your loss. You can become part of SOT's revival after it was nearly trolled out of existence.

Huzzah! Welcome back sj! Seems a long time since Field Mill! :wink:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:40 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
shrewsbury saddler wrote:Yep. Good to have you back, sj And sorry for your loss. You can become part of SOT's revival after it was nearly trolled out of existence.

Huzzah! Welcome back sj! Seems a long time since Field Mill! :wink:

Echoed!!! (and possibly longer since a 0-1 win at Ninian Park :D )

Cully
Site Addict

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:17 am

Welcome back sj, I've missed you [and most of the board I'm sure] but relieved to have someone that understands Saigon's weird political view. :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:38 am

Cully wrote:

Welcome back sj, I've missed you [and most of the board I'm sure] but relieved to have someone that understands Saigon's weird political view. :D

Return to General Chat & Prediction League